Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,523 members, 7,958,608 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:32 PM

Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) (50358 Views)

Neymar Celebrates Kylian Mbappe Hat-trick Goal Vs Barcelona (Photos, Video) / Ronaldo Reacts To Juventus' 3-0 Victory Against Barcelona / Lionel Messi scores his 600th goal for Barcelona (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by Bellotelli: 11:10pm On May 07, 2019
Am still in awe

1 Like

Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by Ayotemide(f): 11:12pm On May 07, 2019
What happened on that pitch today?! This is almost unbelievable and the Joy is truly overwhelming!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by LeoFish92(m): 11:12pm On May 07, 2019
philip0906:
Respect to Liverpool! Coming from a Chelsea fan. They were underdogs, completely written off-No Salah (their star man), No Firmino. 3 goals down against the “almighty Barcelona”. What a feat!

I’m extremely happy that Messi didn’t get to the final, else he would have easily won the Ballon d’or. As a Ronaldo fan, it’s soothing to see Messi out of contention to win the Champions league, else he would have had an edge over Ronaldo.

Lol, he's still gonna clinch it this year... A domestic double, European golden shoe, champions league top scorer... Just forget about that one

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by willyo(m): 11:13pm On May 07, 2019
Seunmohmoh, can u summarize in one word what happened today?
Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by Ubdavis(m): 11:15pm On May 07, 2019
philip0906:
Respect to Liverpool! Coming from a Chelsea fan. They were underdogs, completely written off-No Salah (their star man), No Firmino. 3 goals down against the “almighty Barcelona”. What a feat!

I’m extremely happy that Messi didn’t get to the final tongue, else he would have easily won the Ballon d’or. As a Ronaldo fan, it’s soothing to see Messi out of contention to win the Champions league, else he would have had an edge over Ronaldo.

Nobe only u my brother.
Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by philip0906(m): 11:15pm On May 07, 2019
LeoFish92:

Lol, he's still gonna clinch it this year... A domestic double, European golden shoe, champions league top scorer... Just forget about that one
Na you wan give am? Winning the champions league would have been a straight pass to the Ballon d’or.

Now, it is very open to other key performers this season, Ronaldo included.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by Ubdavis(m): 11:17pm On May 07, 2019
philip0906:

I’m extremely happy that Messi didn’t get to the final tongue, else he would have easily won the Ballon d’or. As a Ronaldo fan, it’s soothing to see Messi out of contention to win the Champions league, else he would have had an edge over Ronaldo.

If I say am happy, it would be an understatement. I am overwhelmed, am in d 9th heaven right about now...

1 Like

Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by leathalbeast: 11:18pm On May 07, 2019
Skmoda360:

are you referring to this particular one?
hahahaha
Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by IAmKinging(m): 11:18pm On May 07, 2019
rattlesnake:
Yaaa
Next polo/T-shirt to trend in Naija.
Aba boiz oya over to y'all...
Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by awakeuche(m): 11:19pm On May 07, 2019
Praisesongz:
I’m looking for another word instead of SIFIA pain
lol, extreme distress
Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by Classickj(m): 11:21pm On May 07, 2019
3G is good but 4G is better... Barca fans hw market

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by teejoyz: 11:21pm On May 07, 2019
delugajackson:
What a sensational game. A match to remember.

Barca fans are currently drowning in tears, not because their team lost but because their god did not answer them on the field.

All ye Messi worshippers, come and carry your GOAT.
.lol naxo Goat chop Anfield grass

1 Like

Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by LeoFish92(m): 11:21pm On May 07, 2019
philip0906:

Na you wan give am? Winning the champions league would have been a straight pass to the Ballon d’or.

Now, it is very open to other key performers this season, Ronaldo included.

Messi is way above Ronaldo in the Balon d'or debate as things stand.

Ronaldo only won Seria A and was not even the league top scorer.

A Salah of last season would have laid a greater claim to this year's Balon dor, sadly, this season, he's not on same level as he was.

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by philip0906(m): 11:25pm On May 07, 2019
LeoFish92:

A Salah of last season would have laid a greater claim to this year's Balon dor, sadly, this season, he's not on same level as he was.
Now you’re desperately trying to make a case for Messi.I could also make a case for Ronaldo but there will be lots of back and forth.

That back and forth would have easily been solved if Messi had won the champions league this year. Now, it’s very open and any player could nick it—-even Van Dijk is a contender for the ballon d’or if Liverpool wins it and stands as much chance as Messi to win the ballon d’or.

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by cr7lomo: 11:26pm On May 07, 2019
god of football god of football...una talk say una don leave GOAT for ronaldo say mourinho talk say messi na god of football...Na im new name... The pope warned u guys but u dint listen... God's wrath on Barca came at anfield...to show u guys He is the only God

5 Likes

Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by LeoFish92(m): 11:29pm On May 07, 2019
philip0906:

Now you’re desperately trying to make a case for Messi.I could also make a case for Ronaldo but there will be lots of back and forth.

That back and forth would have easily been solved if Messi had won the champions league this year. Now, it’s very open and any player could nick it—-even Van Dijk is a contender for the ballon d’or if Liverpool wins it and stands as much chance as Messi to win the ballon d’or.

There's no desperation there bro, I'm just stating the trend of the Balon dor in recent years. Van Dijk will only come into consideration if city capitulate on Sunday and hand over the league to Liverpool. Then we'd be talking about a domestic and a European double. Anything other than that, it's Messi.

Heck, Ribery won the treble in 2012 yet Ronaldo won the Balon dor. Think about it wink

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by cr7lomo: 11:31pm On May 07, 2019
LeoFish92:

Clinch what ?? grin grin grin. U must b a joker... After 4.0 disgrace

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by philip0906(m): 11:34pm On May 07, 2019
LeoFish92:

There's no desperation there bro, I'm just stating the trend of the Balon dor in recent years. Van Dijk will only come into consideration if city capitulate on Sunday and hand over the league to Liverpool. Then we'd be talking about a domestic and a European double. Anything other than that, it's Messi.
You said this...

Heck, Ribery won the treble in 2012 yet Ronaldo won the Balon dor. Think about it wink
And then said this... So apply this to Messi’s case and your argumentgrin grin

Let me help you break down what you said: The impact a player has had influences the decisions of the voters for the ballon d’or

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by Nicheey(m): 11:34pm On May 07, 2019
Loool

1 Like

Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by ReeLoaDead(m): 11:34pm On May 07, 2019
If you know a Barca fan please watch over him/her carefully ... I just called my Barca friend now and he was shouting/crying angry tears ... I swallowed my inner laughter and instead commiserated with him grin
Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by Adesina6634: 11:35pm On May 07, 2019
Where are those rabbits shouting goat-goat last week... awon yeye people, yeye fans

1 Like

Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by Ismedarwood(m): 11:35pm On May 07, 2019
Barca do loom
Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by LeoFish92(m): 11:36pm On May 07, 2019
cr7lomo:

Clinch what ?? grin grin grin. U must b a joker... After 4.0 disgrace

So, who wins it?

Remember he still has the advantage of the Copa America

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by Karleb(m): 11:37pm On May 07, 2019
This is what I keep telling my Man Utd faithfuls, Liverpool are not the enemy. Barcelona and GUARDIOLA (Man City) are. I don't see Liverpool as a rival, I see them as allies. They're like the UK to our USA, and I am really thanking them for the opportunity they've provided to mock and shame Barcelona and that 4 feet 5 midget (they call him Messi Aigbe now). Trust me, the hate is that much.

Make no mistake, Messi is an excellent player that I respect a lot but I just do not like him. Players I like are those players that are not Messi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by cr7lomo: 11:37pm On May 07, 2019
LeoFish92:

A new league and new experience...and he won it and 2nd to scorer...u never can tell...he could still win top scorer....after all Liverpool did it tonight...don't ever right off situations
Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by flington4550(m): 11:38pm On May 07, 2019
Messi Aigbe

Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by LeoFish92(m): 11:38pm On May 07, 2019
philip0906:

You said this...

And then said this... So apply this to Messi’s case and your argumentgrin grin

My argument is that players who didn't reach champions league final let alone lift it, have won it in the past.

And remember, Messi still has the advantage of the Copa America. Though I doubt he'll win that one

1 Like

Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by abbiboy: 11:39pm On May 07, 2019
charleybam:

E dey pain me die,i don dey hate the club small small
U will love d club later,let d velverde effect be erased first.
Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by cr7lomo: 11:40pm On May 07, 2019
LeoFish92:

So, who wins it?

Remember he still has the advantage of the Copa America

Which copa?? Thats if Argentina are even lucky to escape group stage with their awful performance...don't forget that ronaldo is also competing in europe in the summer

1 Like

Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by iamademola(m): 11:40pm On May 07, 2019
[quote author=SugarMuffin post=78197638]Someone said it was Messi aigbe that played today

Thats funny grin..so u mean Lionel Messi went for movie location?

1 Like

Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by damkin24(m): 11:44pm On May 07, 2019
donogaga:
But wait oo is it Messi Aigbe that played for Barca tonight?
���
Maybe mercy Johnson
Re: Liverpool And Fans Celebrate (4 - 0) Win Against Barcelona (photos) by philip0906(m): 11:44pm On May 07, 2019
LeoFish92:

My argument is that players who didn't reach champions league final let alone lift it, have won it in the past.

And remember, Messi still has the advantage of the Copa America. Though I doubt he'll win that one
My point is the voters for the ballon d’or consider a number of factors including the impact that a player has had on his team. Van Dijk was voted PFA player of the year not because of his goals but because of his impact. Ronaldo in a new league,new challenge won his first championship in his first season with Juventus including his goals tally.

All this debate would be over if Messi had won the champions league, it would have been a done deal. Now? It’s still very open and there are other star players this season who have had as much impact as Messi in their respective clubs and all these would influence the decision of the voters.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Godwin Obaje Joins Ifeanyi Uba FC, Becomes Highest Paid Player In NPFL / Frank Lampard Reacts To His Sacking As Chelsea Coach / Dani Osvaldo: Lionel Messi Has 'No Life', Lives In A 'Golden Prison'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.