Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close (13112 Views)

See How Difficult These Professional Exams Are / How To Read When My Exams Are Just Few Days Away!!! / 2024 Recommended Literature Texts For JSS3 BECE exams are available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by lovingyouhun: 6:53am On May 09, 2019
Keep sleeping, please sleep more, so shall carry over or repeat kiss you in the face, if its nollywood you will know how to stay awake.... wait we will locate your housecand help you open your eyes till dawn so you can read. Yeye fowl. Go and read jor
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by CaesarDon(m): 6:54am On May 09, 2019
sadtf
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by 001emeretus: 6:55am On May 09, 2019
What kind of advice do you need? Is it that I should ask you to stop sleeping? No way! Please enjoy your sleep after all you can still copy inside the exam hall so why wasting your time to read.

1 Like

Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by kense88: 6:58am On May 09, 2019
DEXTROVERT:
Bro
Don't
Be
Deceived
Exams
Are
Not
True
Test
Of
Knowledge

Even
Those
Ones
That
Passed
With
First Class
Are
Leaning
Tailor
Barbing
Or
Trading

Sleep
Well
Bill gates
Was
A
Drop out
Try
AND
Be
One too
God bless you. Am paying the price for denying myself sleep during my school and nysc days. Insomnia is very dangerous. Most drugs for treating insomnia are very addictive
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by gbula: 6:59am On May 09, 2019
Please enjoy your sleep, dem no Dey kill put las las....
if you sleep that early then normally you get to wake up by 3 or 4am... those 3 hours before 7 is the best time to read and assimilate....

Also to succeed in the University is easy.. once you resume, collect the curriculum and form your notes.. then You can play until 3 weeks to exam and then fire down... sure pass and no carry over at all..
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by jaxxy(m): 6:59am On May 09, 2019
paul100:
Please,i need advice.Since i enter 100 level,i cannot read like i use to read in secondary sch.Anytime,i come back from lectures in the evening after my classes throughout the day,i sleep too much even after setting alarm to wake me,i still sleep till the next morning,and the morning is always covered with classes so i can't read in the morning and my exam are very close.please help me,no insult please

Do u know how to read in ur sleep? because Ure going to pass ur exams in ur sleep bt fail them in reality. Keep sleeping.
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by JerryJJZ(m): 6:59am On May 09, 2019
I just finished my exams and before my exams I have similar problem. message me on 08165578856. Let me give you the practical guide on how I overcame mine.....

Note: Until you understand and determine that no excuse is worth giving for your failure, you are not ready to trail the part of success in
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by montumonami(m): 7:00am On May 09, 2019
Had same problem during my undergraduate days. My only solution was going to class all nights and it worked for me.
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by Nobody: 7:02am On May 09, 2019
paul100:
Please,i need advice.Since i enter 100 level,i cannot read like i use to read in secondary sch.Anytime,i come back from lectures in the evening after my classes throughout the day,i sleep too much even after setting alarm to wake me,i still sleep till the next morning,and the morning is always covered with classes so i can't read in the morning and my exam are very close.please help me,no insult please
If ur saying u always sleep then read during your waking hours. Sleep isn't bad but too much uncontrolled sleeping might be a problem.
Find what works for u.. I discovered late that i perform better during the midnight hours, when most people enjoy their sleep that's when i enjoy studying even till now i wake up most mid nights to surf the net, read and do some work.... I'm always up all night till morning. Also find time to be physical ur too young to be sleeping all the time. Play sports or exercise it helps the body. Try to see ur doctor too since u were always never like this. Your body might be giving signals of something happening or developing.
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by Bamz(m): 7:02am On May 09, 2019
paul100:
i cannot read like i use to read in secondary sch.Anytime,i come back from lectures in the evening after my classes throughout the day,i sleep too much even after setting alarm to wake me,i still sleep till the next morning,and the morning is always covered with classes so i can't read in the morning and my exam are very close.please help me,no insult please

Hello, once you control your mind, you can conquer your body.

1. Don't continue to make comparisons to what you did in high school, it's only going to discourage you

2. Like what someone earlier alluded to, do not be in a haste to go home after your classes. Only go home when you're ready to sleep

After classes, by say 5 pm, eat out to avoid the temptation of going to your hostel, have some rest and then proceed to your reading venue. Your reading venue must not be too comfortable by the way. As a precautionary measure, you may use mild caffeine to help you stay up (e.g a bag of Top Tea in a tea mug would suffice)

3. Repeat number 2 consistently and push your self to your limits

4. You need to monitor your progress as well and if your body gets bored by routine (like mine), you'd easily find other ways to read when you have that momentum.

PS. I'm assuming you do not have distractions like parties, excessive time on the phone, girls etc

Cheers.
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by holusormi(m): 7:02am On May 09, 2019
TheManofTomorrow:

8 hours is too much for a student. They'll say its unhealthy but I tell you one will have to defy all odds to b successful. I sleep max of 5hrs and 4hrs during exam period. Did I die ?

You will (very soon) if you continue depriving yourself of sleep

8 hours of sleep is not to much for a student , it’s a matter of going to bed early and waking up early
To function maximally , the body needs a lot of rest!!!

To the op. If d problem is your alarm refusing to wake you. Then I may suggest you download Alarmy(Sleep if you can) app from playstore which will require you to solve a math problem or scan a barcode before you can sleep or snooze alarm which I'm sure you will b fully awake by then..

And then I understand the stress a fresher has too cos I'm also one but then, you will have to reduce stress during d day to the bearest minimum to allow maximum reading at night. And then visit library during the day too. Don't just bank on night reading

It is well
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by Orpe7(m): 7:05am On May 09, 2019
Drop out, go do mechanic jare
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by Nobody: 7:05am On May 09, 2019
paul100:
Go and you Fleming, it could be infection.
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by Slurity(m): 7:06am On May 09, 2019
Your problem is not sleeping too much but lack of ambition. You can see you still have time to come and ask for advice when you are not even sleeping and the exam still close. Your ambition is weaken by social media addiction. Throw away you phone and thank me later after the exam

1 Like

Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by DrIkB: 7:07am On May 09, 2019
[quote author=paul100 post=78202405]Please,i need advice.Since i enter 100 level,i cannot read like i use to read in secondary sch.Anytime,i come back from lectures in the evening after my classes throughout the day,i sleep too much even after setting alarm to wake me,i still sleep till the next morning,and the morning is always covered with classes so i can't read in the morning and my exam are very close.please help me,no insult please

Op try to reduce stress during the day, cut off some unnecessary activities eating up your time...and have quality rest and try to go to bed early so you can wake up and read at mid night.
I had similar encounters in my 200l 1st and mostly second Demeter, but thank God I pulled through it.
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by Benekruku(m): 7:09am On May 09, 2019
Do few pints of vodka
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by BlueRayDick: 7:09am On May 09, 2019
Guy read during Ur weekends! I didn't read for once at night throughout my 4 years in school and I still graduated with a 4 pointer CGPA.

I read Saturdays and Sundays reviewing everything I was taught the past week. I hate reading at night beacuse that is the only time I get to sleep undisturbed. While my roommates are alternating between dozing off and reading, I get my desired sleep while I schedule my reading between Saturdays and Sundays.

Having a good grade in school has absolutely nothing to do with reading at night at all.

1 Like

Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by shadeyinka(m): 7:15am On May 09, 2019
paul100:
Phone is your problem!
And
Drive

You really have no personal reasons be being in school
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by kaydp: 7:17am On May 09, 2019
shocked shocked
paul100:

Chemical Engineering
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by ElGrecco(m): 7:18am On May 09, 2019
Brother, I ll help you. I had a similar problem until I got my priorities right. You have to understand that lectures are not as important as what you assimilate from the lecture, and that can effectively be done through reading. Most Nigerian lecturers only dicate note in the class. That been the case. Find a way to conserve your strength during the day. Take advantage of quick breaks. Using the library can be very effective. If you wake up early, spare 30 minutes to go over lecture notes and do marathon reading on weekends. I believe you should be able to cover a lot. I pray you success in your exams.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by orisunmibare01(m): 7:18am On May 09, 2019
paul100:

Chemical Engineering
fvck it. You're dead! lol

But seriously, the most important time of a student is between 7pm to 11pm. What do you do at this time? Study, sleep, gist or press phone? It would define ur life

1 Like

Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by Nobody: 7:21am On May 09, 2019
Man know thyself-socrate. I realise sometimes ago, anytime I start reading from 9pm, I don't get to read much. So what I did was, most lectures finish before 5pm, so, I rush home, take my bath and eat light food-indomie is okay. Get yourself water when you going to class too. So, by 6pm,I am ready to read. So, I read for longer hours with concentration. 6-9 or 10 is 3-4 good hours. In the course of reading, I may be thirsty or sleepy, so I get enough water to drink or wash my face. It works like magic. But the rule is, do not overfeed. If you do, it might not work for you.So i sleep after 10pm. Sometimes,I may not even sleep till 12 midnight.
So, I wake up as early as 5am, or might be later. If I can read, I read, if I can't...still good.
I attend class. I also look out for those times when lecturers will be late to class or would not come at all, so I read too or do revision of what I read overnight. So, I was always ahead of others.

1 Like

Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by Adayoung(f): 7:22am On May 09, 2019
paul100:
The little time u spend to read,maximize it.
Do not worry about the night reading for now.
Try to read during the day. early morning and late afternoon.
You'll soon adapt
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by Lumidee007(m): 7:22am On May 09, 2019
Get a reading mate. Someone who is strict with time.
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by RexTramadol1: 7:23am On May 09, 2019
DEXTROVERT:
Bro
Don't
Be
Deceived
Exams
Are
Not
True
Test
Of
Knowledge

Even
Those
Ones
That
Passed
With
First Class
Are
Leaning
Tailor
Barbing
Or
Trading

Sleep
Well
Bill gates
Was
A
Drop out
Try
AND
Be
One too

WTF!

By the way....... OP keep sleeping
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by Psoul(m): 7:26am On May 09, 2019
When I was in university, I don't normally read. Most times, I can't read for more than 45mins or 1hr. Mostly what I do is flip over my books. Most times when I saw other students reading 3 to 4 hrs at a stretch, I got scared and feel that I am not a serious student. At the end of the exam, I see myself doing far better than most of them.

What was my secret? I don't miss any class. I pays attention to everything the lecturer says in the class. I copy my notes by myself. During the note copying, it serves as my own reading time.
During exam, the picture and video of all the lecturer said during each lecture flashes before me. I will be seeing them as if it was the time I was in that lecture. I have a very strong imaginative power. Whenever I flipped though any topic, I will remember almost everything the lecturer said concerning the topic. I only dedicate more time in reading those topics not touched in the class.

So what am I saying. Bros, if u are attending ur lectures religiously and also have a very good retentive memory, well, you may not bother urslf much. You may feel empty, thinking that u don't have enough to take u through the exam. When u hit the exam hall, you will see how much ur brain has. U will be marveled.

Finally, you still need to find out what is making u sleep too much. Outside reading, a man is not supposed to be curling up in bed when others are out there. Sleep relatively well and wake up wen u are supposed to.
Check if u are eating to much or too late. Are u always pressing ur phone? Try to reduce it. Do u self-service grin, guy, that thing can drain energy ooo. The thing go just dey do u to sleep to sleep. Abeg, put small brake if say u dey self-service.
All the same, goodluck to ur upcoming exams.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts / ASUU Strike: Senate To Engage Stakeholders To Avert Protest / Photos:Abu Best Graduating Student, Al-amin Bags NNPC Post Graduate Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.