Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,621 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close (13109 Views)

See How Difficult These Professional Exams Are / How To Read When My Exams Are Just Few Days Away!!! / 2024 Recommended Literature Texts For JSS3 BECE exams are available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by bluefilm: 7:27am On May 09, 2019
In short OP, you're very funny. angry angry angry

Abeg continue to sleep joor.

Nothing do you.

All the people wey been graduate since 20 years ago, you don ask dem how market be for dem?

Upon all the numerous exams wey dem been write cool cheesy grin

And yet nothing to show for it.

So my fren', your case is just a minor case.

Nothing really serious to worry about.
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by Nobody: 7:33am On May 09, 2019
Na sleep you sleep you no kill person. Please enjoy your sleep little bro
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by pawesome(m): 7:36am On May 09, 2019
You are sleeping too much and you know you have to reduce the rate of sleeping in order to read and you want us to come and tell you before you do so
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by Mhizrohzz(f): 7:37am On May 09, 2019
paul100:

In the morning
Me too....so u av to sleep early to wake up early, for me I sleep late or early but wen it's 4,5,6 I'm up. Just try to understand ur body nd plan ur reading times
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by Akuruoulo(m): 7:39am On May 09, 2019
Continue the sleeping until e go tire u after thee exams
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by JohnDuke101: 7:41am On May 09, 2019
Like some folks have said, know what works best for you. I understand things better at night. The challenge I had was that anyday I attempted to study or take a nap in my room, I slept all night.

After my first semester result, I changed my strategy. I went to night class 5 days in a week. At the end of lectures, I go have my dinner, shower, and return to class. Sleep in class till midnight, wake up and study from midnight till 4 am. Return to hostel and sleep till 6 am.

All the best
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by Maket: 7:42am On May 09, 2019
Check your health status, hope there is no SLEEPING SICKNESS.
Better wake up because you build your foundation from 100 level.
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by chigo003(m): 7:42am On May 09, 2019
Did you tell anybody in your village that you have entered University?

Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by Akuruoulo(m): 7:44am On May 09, 2019
paul100:
Chemical Engineering

DONT ALLOW UR HEAD TO BE TRUNCATED WITH SOO MUCH NEGATIVITY .

CHEMICAL ENGINEERING NO BE HERE MY BOY WAKE UP BEFORE ITS LATE.

NSCHE! CHEMICAL!
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by Mznaett: 7:45am On May 09, 2019
If you plan your day well, you won't have to work at night.
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by MiddleDimension: 7:46am On May 09, 2019
paul100:
Please,i need advice.Since i enter 100 level,i cannot read like i use to read in secondary sch.Anytime,i come back from lectures in the evening after my classes throughout the day,i sleep too much even after setting alarm to wake me,i still sleep till the next morning,and the morning is always covered with classes so i can't read in the morning and my exam are very close.please help me,no insult please

NESCAFE
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by Nobody: 7:47am On May 09, 2019
paul100:
Please,i need advice.Since i enter 100 level,i cannot read like i use to read in secondary sch.Anytime,i come back from lectures in the evening after my classes throughout the day,i sleep too much even after setting alarm to wake me,i still sleep till the next morning,and the morning is always covered with classes so i can't read in the morning and my exam are very close.please help me,no insult please
Advice that saved my life. "You can never remember what you didn't read. When you read, at least there is a chance of remembering and passing your exams. You must desire reading more than eating."

4 Likes

Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by godofuck231: 7:53am On May 09, 2019
Congratulations,you have failed basically in life
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by blowjohn(m): 7:55am On May 09, 2019
paul100:

I hope ur not taking power horse and other energy drinks to make up o. Cos in the long run it will become counterproductive.
Try treat for malaria at least for this period of ur exams.
Antimalarials have a way of keeping one strong for some months. And if ur immunity is so strong u might not feel the symptoms like that.
Find time to sleep very well in the afternoon.
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by seuner: 7:57am On May 09, 2019
sleep well. what have you been doing before the exam? next time, try to start your reading early...this time is only meant for revision...goodluck
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by OneKinGuy(m): 7:57am On May 09, 2019
zeromeridian:
Devil is a liar. It's during exam period that sleep dey sweet pass.

I have ones missed an afternoon Paper when l read in the morning preparing for a 2pm. Paper. I decided to catch some sleep for 30minutes before the exam and that was all. I did not wake up till the exam was over.

The funniest part of it was that in my sleep, l was dreaming where I was writing the same exam. Devil is a liar.
Your case is in the hands of the gods grin
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by frozen70(f): 7:57am On May 09, 2019
paul100:

It's a sign of laziness

Run away from it

If you can get enough A's and B's from year one to third year,

You can get C's throughout your final year and still come out with good grades

Now us the time to hit your desired grade targets

Form the habit of constant reading, make friends with those that are committed to constant reading

Make friends with serious people and plan for your future

Any mistakes you do now will affect your life after graduation

You don't have any reason to be lazy at this stage, no need for that @ all
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by olaswim: 7:59am On May 09, 2019
Is anything wrong with you... Didn't you pay for it and keeps sleeping as if you are not ready for success... Stop disturbing us here.... You should know what to do
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by West2019(m): 7:59am On May 09, 2019
Drink gari nd ogogoro every night try it nd thank me later
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by jaeyking(m): 8:04am On May 09, 2019
paul100:

What rocks my boat will surely sink yours.
Back in school
No matter how long the lecture is I always try my best to understand it before leaving the class and to always do any assignments before leaving. Once I arrive at my hostel it's for sleeping mode. And I always do what we call jotting (summarizing lecture notes to barely few pages)
This helped me. During exams I just revise what I know and read from the paper. Den I leave God to it all.
This worked for me

2 Likes

Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by AgreatMan: 8:07am On May 09, 2019
Psoul:
When I was in university, I don't normally read. Most times, I can't read for more than 45mins or 1hr. Mostly what I do is flip over my books. Most times when I saw other students reading 3 to 4 hrs at a stretch, I got scared and feel that I am not a serious student. At the end of the exam, I see myself doing far better than most of them.

What was my secret? I don't miss any class. I pays attention to everything the lecturer says in the class. I copy my notes by myself. During the note copying, it serves as my own reading time.
During exam, the picture and video of all the lecturer said during each lecture flashes before me. I will be seeing them as if it was the time I was in that lecture. I have a very strong imaginative power. Whenever I flipped though any topic, I will remember almost everything the lecturer said concerning the topic. I only dedicate more time in reading those topics not touched in the class.

So what am I saying. Bros, if u are attending ur lectures religiously and also have a very good retentive memory, well, you may not bother urslf much. You may feel empty, thinking that u don't have enough to take u through the exam. When u hit the exam hall, you will see how much ur brain has. U will be marveled.

Finally, you still need to find out what is making u sleep too much. Outside reading, a man is not supposed to be curling up in bed when others are out there. Sleep relatively well and wake up wen u are supposed to.
Check if u are eating to much or too late. Are u always pressing ur phone? Try to reduce it. Do u self-service grin, guy, that thing can drain energy ooo. The thing go just dey do u to sleep to sleep. Abeg, put small brake if say u dey self-service.
All the same, goodluck to ur upcoming exams.

paul100

This was me back in d uni. I can't read for long stretch of time but I don't miss class and always seat in front. I have come to realize my brain captures data right on d spot that way u don't spend hours reading what I already grabbed. So, I basically read with my teacher's brain. I was also close to brilliant classmates, they can spend hours trying to understand a topic, n I will make them explain to me in 20 minutes and that's it. I now know what they know. But it comes with building relationships.

But some courses definitely need revision n re-reading.

The OP should focus on reading for very short chunks of time. Say 30 minutes interval and go play. Come back later and read a tiny bit. Courses that involves calculations do not task d brain so much. They just need constantly revision. So at those times u feel tired, do some calculations.
I also discovered I read better when there are noise beside me

2 Likes

Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by Phonix1234: 8:16am On May 09, 2019
paul100:
Just take ur book along with u wen going to sleep, read in the dream where every thing is soft.
Thank me later
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by deavicky(m): 8:25am On May 09, 2019
paul100:
all u need to do, is to stop sleeping.
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by jrfaj: 8:26am On May 09, 2019
you go still bang!!! nah ;Dyou go still bang!!! nah
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by mechanics(m): 8:32am On May 09, 2019
Just try to discipline yourself by finding time to read in the day if you can't burn night candles.
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by Walking(m): 8:36am On May 09, 2019
Well.. I wouldn't want to give vague advice..
I had carryover my first year due to fear, my second year result wasn't that satisfying cause I was going to night class which was not just working for me.

What I did was to start jotting right from the beginning of each semester. I go to class always prepared becuae of impromptu test..
I understood night class wasn't working for me, I hardly wake up at night, so I try to read before sleeping.
I stopped sleeping on my bed, sat up while reading, I play music while reading cause I love music.
Please, I would advice to put in your best, your grade in school is a platform to show what you've got upstairs.

Goodluck and God bless

2 Likes

Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by ipswitch: 8:48am On May 09, 2019
Radical probs need radical solutions. Fold up your beddings...sleep on cartons ......eat light.....team up with someone/group....use early part of the night....four hours sleep is ok.

1 Like

Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by autonomous22: 8:48am On May 09, 2019
sleep ur sleep... and sort ur sort
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by MightySparrow: 8:55am On May 09, 2019
paul100:
You may have been followed from home a visit to MFM recommended.
Re: Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close by seangy4konji: 9:00am On May 09, 2019
Dem don get you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts / Wike Closes 1,886 Illegal Schools In Rivers State / Photos:Abu Best Graduating Student, Al-amin Bags NNPC Post Graduate Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.