Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,096 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him (76080 Views)

Wole Soyinka With Founding Members Of Pyrate In 1952 (Throwback Photo) / 14 Quotes From 'Things Fall Apart' By Chinua Achebe / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:28pm On May 09, 2019
SarkinYarki:
over 116 people have won the Nobel prize for literature including Bob Dylan the country musician !!!! so Wole Soyinka should stop disturbing like he is the first and last person to win it ..Its not a that much of a big deal jare
The person disturbing isn't Soyinka but Reno who is busy making unnecessary comparison

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him by imam07: 1:29pm On May 09, 2019
SarkinYarki:

I am tired of Soyinka behaving as if he is the custodian of Nobel prize for literature
envy go soon kill you on top something that is not relevant to you. U better no die young this jealous man.

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him by emmatuegbe(m): 1:34pm On May 09, 2019
i used to think Reno is yoruba. Please, where is he from?
niggadee:
Deluded guy it seem the guy hate yoruba
Re: Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him by kunmiiii: 1:40pm On May 09, 2019
Bridget95:
you pointless write up is as empty as wole's work and also portrays you as the UNINFORMED one it also points to the one who is a nonentity. Go and read the points outlined by Reno why it was not given to Achebe.Every literature student can tell how illuminating the works of Achebe is in the literary world.

Una see wetin I dey talk...how person wan even start dey engage this one when it's obvious she needs twice the brains to even qualify for an half wit grin

So you've read almost 13 pages of different opinions and you still couldn't garner from the diverse train of thoughts that Reno's notion was hinged on the fact that Chinua's works were easily understood which isn't the criterion for winning a Nobel or just being a novelist.

You had the right to remain silent, but you just couldn't help but prove me right, that you're irredeemably dense. grin grin abeg e don do! Stop proving me right biko!!

14 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him by virago(f): 1:43pm On May 09, 2019
SLAP44:
In the end, Soyinka spoke so many words and ended up saying nothing in response to the issues raised.

Such an evasive character is not worthy of even the readers digest author of the week award.

You seriously need a slap ( or two for that matter ) for this stewpid comment you made. Take your hate to the grave. Both are good and should not be pitted against each other

4 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him by Baselm: 1:44pm On May 09, 2019
SLAP44:
In the end, Soyinka spoke so many words and ended up saying nothing in response to the issues raised.

Such an evasive character is not worthy of even the readers digest author of the week award.

what were the issues raised that deserves a response? so you in your mighty foolishness expected WS to come and start arguing why he is better than CA and why he is more deserving of a Nobel laurate.

Just admit you don't understand WS's response, simple.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him by virago(f): 1:47pm On May 09, 2019
SarkinYarki:
over 116 people have won the Nobel prize for literature including Bob Dylan the country musician !!!! so Wole Soyinka should stop disturbing like he is the first and last person to win it ..Its not a that much of a big deal jare

Is brain paining you ? the idiot who dragged him out you did not chide , na person who siddon for him house jejely wey come reply to pesin wey attack am you come dey attack , surely brain is paining you

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him by virago(f): 1:56pm On May 09, 2019
maestroferddi:
Seems Soyinka stylishly agreed with Reno.

Forget trying to use lexical callisthenics to hoodwink unwary folks...

Please read his comment again , you obviously have poor understanding of what he wrote

6 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him by virago(f): 1:59pm On May 09, 2019
Shikini:

Bros, me thinks Reno is simply being real.

Did Achebe himself support GEJ?

Have you forgotten that Achebe rejected a GCON national honour from GEJ's govt?

Being real by trying to downgrade Soyinka's effort , where is the reality in saying Chinua Achebe is better and that Soyinka doesn't deserve to be Nobel laureate

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him by AudiA4: 2:07pm On May 09, 2019
[quote author=gare post=78241025]

It's shows how childish and tribal baised the mumu called Reno OMOKRI,or may be (Rhinoceros grin grin grin grin)be him name sef,see small mumu boy comparing two great literature icons, this guy no just get respect

That youc comments bold above, what has tribal biased got to do with Renos comment or comparison , if you are rooting for Wole do so without insulting others or making this a tribal issue , You are the one trying to play the ethnic card here, Reno made is comparison which he was entitled to my only concern with you was trying to bring in the Yoruba vs the Ibo, which was not Reno idea, its guys like you that will not allow this country to grow, moreover Reno is not Ibo so what is the issue with your brain.
See the trash u are spilling,u are just Dumb, what stupid point is your Reno making here,u can swallow ur stupid Reno's points and comments,if he isn't drawing an ethnic comments to this? Why the comments now after almost 40yrs the award had been given,
Re: Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him by AudiA4: 2:08pm On May 09, 2019
[quote author=gare post=78241025]

It's shows how childish and tribal baised the mumu called Reno OMOKRI,or may be (Rhinoceros grin grin grin grin)be him name sef,see small mumu boy comparing two great literature icons, this guy no just get respect

That youc comments bold above, what has tribal biased got to do with Renos comment or comparison , if you are rooting for Wole do so without insulting others or making this a tribal issue , You are the one trying to play the ethnic card here, Reno made is comparison which he was entitled to my only concern with you was trying to bring in the Yoruba vs the Ibo, which was not Reno idea, its guys like you that will not allow this country to grow, moreover Reno is not Ibo so what is the issue with your brain
See the trash u are spilling,u are just Dumb, what stupid point is your Reno making here,u can swallow ur stupid Reno's points and comments,if he isn't drawing an ethnic comments to this? Why the comments now after almost 40yrs the award had been given,
Re: Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him by Moonlight87: 2:30pm On May 09, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
This useless Rino trying to foment trouble again.its an embarrassment to compare prof soyinka with that half baked achebe .

YOU NEED BATTERY BRO
Re: Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him by Mires: 2:40pm On May 09, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
This useless Rino trying to foment trouble again.its an embarrassment to compare prof soyinka with that half baked achebe .

You are rather the biggest fool ever on earth to have called Prof Chinua Achebe a half baked. Your entire generation in aggregate can't achieve 1/100 of what Prof Achebe achieved while on earth.
Re: Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him by baslone: 2:51pm On May 09, 2019
Mires:

You are rather the biggest fool ever on earth to have called Prof Chinua Achebe a half baked. Your entire generation in aggregate can't achieve 1/100 of what Prof Achebe achieved while on earth.

Take am easy ooo
Re: Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him by shurlermoz(m): 2:59pm On May 09, 2019
SLAP44:

says Slap44 from okoko. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him by charles424(m): 2:59pm On May 09, 2019
SLAP44:

You should have said that wole Soyinka's English is highly mentalhypotical to your roadedsidedly famished brain...Read it again and you will see how he englishbragatically answered him...yeye man.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him by Emmiasky(m): 3:09pm On May 09, 2019
Nah grammar everywhere!
Re: Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him by gare(f): 3:09pm On May 09, 2019
[quote author=AudiA4 post=78243780][/quote]

From your comments it's shows how myopic you are and are low your sense of reasoning is. He need some growing up to do.
Re: Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him by goslowgoslow(m): 3:14pm On May 09, 2019
SarkinYarki:

everyday every day some people will not allow us hear word because of one relic award one man won 30 something years ago !!!!!!!!!!!
Lol cheesy cheesy You call Nobel price relic award? Go and win award in your nursery school first.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him by oonix(f): 3:17pm On May 09, 2019
kunmiiii:

Una see wetin I dey talk...how person wan even start dey engage this one when it's obvious she needs twice the brains to even qualify for an half wit grin

So you've read almost 13 pages of different opinions and you still couldn't garner from the diverse train of thoughts that Reno's notion was hinged on the fact that Chinua's works were easily understood which isn't the criterion for winning a Nobel or just being a novelist.

You had the right to remain silent, but you just couldn't help but prove me right, that you're irredeemably dense. grin grin abeg e don do! Stop proving me right biko!!
cheii..kilode??!!. all these qualities for only one person?.. abeg no vex bros. she don learn.

3 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him by jhubril(m): 3:27pm On May 09, 2019
Replying@renoomokri

Searing of confidence in the readership of Wole Soyinka's appraised works is a futile exercise. But ,in truth and in fact,you reminded us of the philippics of those Ibadan writers of the Bolekaja fame. Further than this, the envy which nearly consumed "Chichidodo",the most vitriolic of Soyinka's critics ,writ large on your face. Lest you forget that Chiweize defied Alexander Pope's description of a good critic and ended his literary career ingloriously.

On the readership of Soyinka ,I am aware of the growing indifference my own indolent generation has cultivated toward critical writings or any thing fashioned in a critical manner(As is the only attribute of his works). This is one of the reasons many cite for such attitude. How on earth is it impossible to realise that Wole Soyinka,notwithstanding the esoteric style he dazzles us with when his writes,has lived for posterity ? The same thing can be said where Achebe is concerned. I would rather you conflated their works in equal terms .

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:35pm On May 09, 2019
SLAP44:

Soyinka might v used big english, but he passed his message clearly. unless u cant comprehend.
he said, Achebe has done well, he deserved his peace. The unwarranted comparison done by emotionally disturbed patients like Reno is not necessary.

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him by madjune(m): 3:47pm On May 09, 2019
I don't get that dig too.

Right from 1986 when he won that stuff, so many of us questioned the judgement at the time because all Soyinkas works were painted in verbose, high falutin words and prose meant to confuse you than unclutter your mind.

Achebe works stood out in their simplicity and direct messages to the issues of the times.

I support Reno on this.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him by Diaby108(m): 4:12pm On May 09, 2019
Reno, I dy expect ur reply cos I know say u no go gree � u don see person wey pass u
Re: Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him by makinson2865: 4:28pm On May 09, 2019
Big big grammar everywhere...
Back to the topic, let remove gods are not to blamed by chinua achebe(of blessed memory) and let's see if he will be relevant .I think the answer is capital No.
Wole omo soyinka is the real deal from here to the whole world.

Igbo pls take heart ,dont kill yourself for yoruba matter.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him by Bigcake: 4:37pm On May 09, 2019
Adeoludt:
Jesus.... See finish

Shattap,,, you fuccking understood nothing there...
Re: Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him by Abmalcom(m): 5:03pm On May 09, 2019
SLAP44:

He said many things, some of which are:
1. Don't stick out your neck in matters that do not concern you (stop crying more than the bereaved).
2. The comparison is needles as both of them are legends.
3. Allow the dead to rest in peace and the living to live in peace.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him by AudiA4: 5:13pm On May 09, 2019
gare:

From your comments it's shows how myopic you are and are low your sense of reasoning is. He need some growing up to do.

And that have good mature sense, I can see how daft it is, u feel u can just come here and type any nonsense all because u want to open your stupid mouth, get some sense into your head idiot

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Mending Fences (romance) / PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny / These 5 Books Helped Me The Most In Life. Let Me See Yours. By Ilegend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.