Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. (39972 Views)

Reno Omokri: When You Give Money To People Who Are Richer Than You / Rapper CDQ Chilling With Akon, Wizkid (Photos) / 7 Nigerian Big Boys That Are Richer Than Hushpuppi, Yet Very Humble (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by Studyinchina200(m): 6:15am On May 09, 2019
Am talking in terms of infrastructures not military or entertainment.

Firstandonly:
America is till bigger than All those countries u mention, maybe except China. one section from America and Singapore will be like venezuela. entertainment industry America is number 1. technology industry America is one of the best, in terms of military America is the best.
Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by Studyinchina200(m): 6:17am On May 09, 2019
Hahaha let’s say it’s everywhere ,getting Nigerian visa here in China is a big deal,same Nigeria our people wanna run away from.
xandy84:
There are millions of Chinese selling rice in America. I have not been to China before but I can tell you millions of Chinese are dying to get American Visa daily..

2 Likes

Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by KingAzubuike(f): 6:21am On May 09, 2019
Mustsucceed:

Did you just state that America has best military ? Emancipate your self from shackles of ignorance I can't believe you just publicly stated this
Dude, now I can see you just personally have hatred for that country. The U.S has the best military in the world... Or who you wan talk say get military pass? North Korea? Abi na China?

5 Likes

Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by Nobody: 6:22am On May 09, 2019
KingAzubuike:

Dude, now I can see you just personally have hatred for that country. The U.S has the best military in the world... Or who you wan talk say get military pass? North Korea? Abi na China?

Honey, we have noticed you now shoo off and get a life.
Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by KingAzubuike(f): 6:23am On May 09, 2019
Mustsucceed:

Did you just state that America has best military ? Emancipate your self from shackles of ignorance I can't believe you just publicly stated this

So which country has the best military? Tell me ? Don't think of mentioning Russia, China or north Korea. They are kilometres apart. You need to be educated.

3 Likes

Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by Nobody: 6:27am On May 09, 2019
KingAzubuike:

The sad truth is that most of those poverty stricken places are dominated by Black's. Africans basically went there to spoil their country for them. Go to white neighborhoods or white dominated state and see the difference. You can die in naija for all you want... Nobody knows you grin

You are ignorant. In an attempt to sound like you know shhit, you actually displayed how unenlightened you are with this ridiculous untrue comment.
Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by frowland(m): 6:31am On May 09, 2019
This is wrong. He mentioned the biggest name in Nigerians music industry and compared it with the general musicians in US. Its baseless. Why dont we say, the top 20 musicians in US vs the top 20 in Nigeria. Lets see how this argument will hold up. I can also say Eminem is richer than most musicians in Nigeria ~ baseless by using the word most.

16 Likes

Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by Nobody: 6:32am On May 09, 2019
This is a faulty comparison. The equivalent of people like Davido and Wizkid et al in America are the likes of Justin Bieber, Drake, etc. Is Davido richer than Drake, or is Wizkid richer than Justin Bieber abi them wan die? Is P Square richer than P Diddy? Is Tiwa Savage richer than Beyonce or Taylor Swift?

That's how to compare things. You can't compare our well established artistes with upcoming or expired ones in the US.

19 Likes

Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by excel101(m): 6:36am On May 09, 2019
NNEWIsuper:
all lies, no matter how rich as an individual is and your country is poor and messed up then you're a gonna, at least those American rappers have good health insurance, good roads, good technology and good economy

let one of those Nigerian musicians u mentioned have a serious health crises and see if they won't be flown abroad

bottom line is, no matter how rich you're in this zoo you're still damn poor
They will be flown abroad with their money, and not going out cap in hand or through any emergency fund raising.
Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by Lordave: 6:38am On May 09, 2019
Mustsucceed:

You need to get more enlightened. If China pills out its investment from america ,its economy will crumble .u.s runs to China not vice versa .do you know that holly wood alone is bankroled by Chinese investors behind the scenes ?

Chinese go to other counties like France for vacation they go to us to make money but never to escape "hardship " of their country .the Chinese always look for where to make money and u.s is an opportunity for them not that their life is better .in terms of technology ,economy even security america can't stand next to China

They know their mates
Guy, just respect and behave yourself!

Last and only warning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by anonymous96: 6:42am On May 09, 2019
frowland:
This is wrong. He mentioned the biggest name in Nigerians music industry and compared it with the general musicians in US. Its baseless. Why dont we say, the top 20 musicians in US vs the top 20 in Nigeria. Lets see how this argument will hold up.
Read my mind..
Like davido and co are richer than Eminem,Lil Wayne,Kany West,Jay z,J Cole, Kendrick Lamar etc... Baseless

7 Likes

Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by Nobody: 6:48am On May 09, 2019
Mustsucceed:

You're the ignorant one. America has the BEST military in the world, by every objective metric. Quit hating.

5 Likes

Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by Rolly22(m): 6:52am On May 09, 2019
Igweann979:
nawaooo....I don't understand this kind phrase please translate in Igbo grin

Nri Echiche

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by id911(m): 6:56am On May 09, 2019
Hedonini:
This is a faulty comparison. The equivalent of people like Davido and Wizkid et al in America are the likes of Justin Bieber, Drake, etc. Is Davido richer than Drake, or is Wizkid richer than Justin Bieber abi them wan die? Is P Square richer than P Diddy? Is Tiwa Savage richer than Beyonce or Taylor Swift?

That's how to compare things. You can't compare our well established artistes with upcoming or expired ones in the US.

Your last statement tho, you're so funny. I just dey laff here to your comment. But seriously, what Akon is trying to let people know is that, what glitters ain't normally gold

1 Like

Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by oluwasegun007(m): 6:57am On May 09, 2019
It's because this guys don't pay tax for those cars... Shior

2 Likes

Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 7:03am On May 09, 2019
jowhyte:
Coming from a star who has seen music from the o other side of the world. I think he knows what he is saying
sure he does.
Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by rainmoredays: 7:03am On May 09, 2019
sparog:
I told some people this sometimes ago and it lead to an argument

grin
even me too. I told some people that small doctor is richer than Jay Z and they almost smoked me

1 Like

Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by Gassa007: 7:04am On May 09, 2019
KingAzubuike:
That's true because there are thousands upon thousands of street and gangster rappers in the U.S. davido and co surely get money pass all those ones grin but if we dey talk about the elite rappers, an unknown davido and his cohorts no go even enter top 1000.

CC geezynoni
You know pass Akon abi
Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by KingAzubuike(f): 7:06am On May 09, 2019
Gassa007:

You know pass Akon abi
Dude, will you even accept Nigerian artistes are the masters of living fake lives .

3 Likes

Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by jaxxy(m): 7:10am On May 09, 2019
SarkinYarki:
Very true ,

Same Akon that said Africa is better than America. Akon is on an African self esteem and feel good mission. He saying what he wants to believe. Soon he will say Naira is better than dollars.

5 Likes

Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by Tensionstar(m): 7:10am On May 09, 2019
[quote author=sparog post=78228504]I told some people this sometimes ago and it lead to an argument

I think he is talking o their 3rd 4th 5th.... class rappers, not the popular ones we all know...Why compare African (continental) best with USA (country) 3uid 4th class?

5 Likes

Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by Obidiugwu: 7:10am On May 09, 2019
True talk,,,Dm me for shooting of your musical videos and management,,, IG:@gozmoprime
Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by timesup234: 7:13am On May 09, 2019
Mustsucceed:

Learn to be matured we are all having back to back discussion so what's the essence of stating "you can die" ....its not Bout you ,dear learn to make it about others .

Grow up or at least pretend to
na mumu. Like people dont die in America.There are more people dying annually in America than Nigeria. The idiot should check his stats
Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by chiedozie198100: 7:23am On May 09, 2019
seunfly:
It is not about music alone, most things people sees in America as the best are not true in reality, American police are worst than SARS, they sees themselves like Rambo, security in American is nothing to write home about too many things wrong over there but they report that we are the bad one, we lack security, we are poor etc unfortunately we have allow that to get into our head and we are heading towards who they told us we are.

The real society we should have emulated are Japanese, Chinese, Australians, Germans, Koreans etc those are real healthy society not the fake Hollywood society we wants to copy.

the bolded part of ur comment is very profound.

i say this as someone that has lived in both societies.
Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by opebiboy: 7:25am On May 09, 2019
It is true America is better than Nigeria but the United States is overhyped. In most cases it is even a shithole. America is just there
Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by nasoeb: 7:28am On May 09, 2019
seunfly:
It is not about music alone, most things people sees in America as the best are not true in reality, American police are worst than SARS, they sees themselves like Rambo, security in American is nothing to write home about too many things wrong over there but they report that we are the bad one, we lack security, we are poor etc unfortunately we have allow that to get into our head and we are heading towards who they told us we are.

The real society we should have emulated are Japanese, Chinese, Australians, Germans, Koreans etc those are real healthy society not the fake Hollywood society we wants to copy.
What's it with the s, s.... you keep adding (they sees themselves, wants to copy)
No finish your s ohh
Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by djon78(m): 7:34am On May 09, 2019
otipoju:

You still dont get it. Its not just rappers. Its a cultural thing. Most Americans make more money than Nigerians but they have a deeply ingrained mindset of spending their entire pay cheque and live from weekly pay day to pay day.

I once asked my colleague an african american why he would go and spend all his pay cheque at the strip club throwing one dollar bills to a female shaking booty, that if i do such ill feel like a slowpoke....all he said was " you gotta feed the birds".

Most of them get paid on thursday. By monday they are broke and begging you for money to fill their tank so they can come to work.

So making money is not the problem...keeping it is it. Plus they have a system that is designed to take all you earned and leave you to the barest. My own monthly expense on bills alone is roughly $2,500 every month.

Now i used to get irritated by their bad spending habit until i looked at them from a more empathetic angle.

They are descended from ancestors who where slaves for many generations. Up until like 1865,as slaves they did not earn any money, could not plan for the future cause there was none for them. They could not buy land, own property nor leave any inheritance for their children...Do i have any justification to blame them for living a life like there is no tommorrow?

Bro these things are deeper than the surface. While they may not be in chains right now, their minds are still not accustomed to the thought patterns that a mind that was never enslaved is easily capable of.

Each time i sit with any african american...i try to tell them that in spite of the sheet going on around them, opportunities unknown and only dreamed of in many places in the world surround them and they should take advantage.

You are a wise man. I did a very exhaustive research on American slavery and I was shocked at the horror done to this people. No other group of people has differed this same kind of evil in the world in the past 1000years not even Jewish Holocaust of 1939.

Ever since then I don't talk bad about African Americans and other diaspora Africans in the Caribbean and Brazil.

The effect of slavery will continue to many of there generations to come. S

1 Like

Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by SIRTee15: 7:34am On May 09, 2019
Studyinchina200:
Hahaha let’s say it’s everywhere ,getting Nigerian visa here in China is a big deal,same Nigeria our people wanna run away from.

Why is it a big deal...
There quite a lot of Chinese in nigeria...
Illiterate ones at that....
Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by KendrickAyomide: 7:34am On May 09, 2019
ogbonti:
All those wey.wan.travel abroad by fire by force, hope una dey listen?

Work hard in naija, believe in yourself and don't waste your life trying to do or be something you know nothing about

Most abroad life is fake, it's a dream, it's make believe!!!!
shut up there. Mumu
Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by ademijuwonlo(f): 7:42am On May 09, 2019
May God help us.
Re: Akon- Wizkid, Davido, P-square Are Richer Than Most American Rappers. by blowjohn(m): 7:43am On May 09, 2019
NNEWIsuper:
all lies, no matter how rich as an individual is and your country is poor and messed up then you're a gonna, at least those American rappers have good health insurance, good roads, good technology and good economy

let one of those Nigerian musicians u mentioned have a serious health crises and see if they won't be flown abroad

bottom line is, no matter how rich you're in this zoo you're still damn poor

I'm the feelin of a millionaire spendin a hundred grand
I'm a poor man's dream.......
From Nas song, 'nas is like'

Akon was talking about material things not government institutions or facilities.
Or are u saying American artists buy roads and hospitals?
The other day, we read on nairaland how tekno went to visit his dentist outside the country. That is what good money does. Makes u escape the hardship and gets u real material things.
Ur last statement ain't true too bro.
When u have even a hundred grand to waste ull understand.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kalu Ikeagwu On Her Marriage To Ijeoma Eze / Inside Rap’s Biggest Mysteries From Tupac & Biggie To Spate Of Unsolved Murders / Olajumoke Orisaguna Stuns In New Make Up Photo (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.