Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,303 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement (18878 Views)

Osun: Adeleke Reacts To Oyetola’s Ministerial Nomination / I Wish Oyetola Well — Adeleke Reacts To Supreme Court Verdict / Ademola Adeleke Reacts To His Victory At The Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by zoedew: 7:58am On May 10, 2019
CrimeKsmart:
A failure can't be a governor in Osun. He doesn't have the brain to lead the good people of osun. Defeat awaits him at supreme court.

Bullseye!

1 Like

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by zoedew: 8:03am On May 10, 2019
IamPatriotic:
Did he react with a dancing step? if not, the reaction is not his, because he knows nothing apart from dancing.

Dancing in itself is not a minus but truancy is. Johnny Travolta, Michael Jackson et al made a huge success of dancing!

1 Like

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by Fhemy97: 8:06am On May 10, 2019
To you saying adeleke do not deserve the sit Simply because of his certificate saga people who voted him are no fool They know better .The the Saturday 22nd election Will have been one of the best in history But Seeing the way the supplementary election Played out I could not just stop imagining how human will sell it conscience Just for the love of power well since that worked out well Same senecrio played out in Kano and should Supreme Court fail to do the needful that crime is here to stay funny enough you don't realise How table turns it still coming back to hurt those supporting this evil
Let just do the right thing for once
Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by Fhemy97: 8:12am On May 10, 2019
To you saying adeleke do not deserve the sit Simply because of his certificate saga people who voted him are no fool They know better .The the Saturday 22nd election Will have been one of the best in history But Seeing the way the supplementary election Played out I could not just stop imagining how human will sell it conscience Just for the love of power well since that worked out well Same senecrio played out in Kano and should Supreme Court fail to do the needful that crime is here to stay funny enough you don't realise How table turns it still coming back to hurt those supporting this evil tongue
Let just do the right thing for once tongue tongue
Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by Adekdammy: 8:16am On May 10, 2019
Judiciary atimes might not be the hope of the common man, with the glaring evidence of the illegal and rigged Osun re run election, I don't expect any judgement against Adeleke well, let's hope the supreme court will do the needful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by Amyyy2020: 8:20am On May 10, 2019
So someone cannot have a life outside work and dance in peace again Diz one most comments are on d fact he dances...Does it mean dat some1 hu can dance cant b a good leader again Nawa oooo

Well, let d best man win in court...I pray justice prevails
Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by jaxxy(m): 8:25am On May 10, 2019
The rerun was a sham and a national disgrace.
Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by tommykiwi(m): 8:31am On May 10, 2019
CrimeKsmart:
A failure can't be a governor in Osun. He doesn't have the brain to lead the good people of osun. Defeat awaits him at supreme court.
If he is a failure then the Lifeless one is what?
Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by Nobody: 8:32am On May 10, 2019
CrimeKsmart:

Don't be stupid. He doesn't have the brain yet Osun people voted for him and he won by the majority of votes? Who are you to choose for Osun people?
Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by nogragra: 8:50am On May 10, 2019
Illiterate exam cheat self wan become governor. I carry blame give am? One failure and uneducated person they rule currently, only for Naija sha oo. Nonsense and ingredient.
Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by King19957(m): 8:55am On May 10, 2019
CrimeKsmart:
and buhari hs d brain to rule dis country right

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by naturalwaves: 8:57am On May 10, 2019
Ebullience:
Sen. Ademola Adeleke, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate for Osun 2018 Governorship Election said he had instructed his counsels to challenge the appeal court judgement which upheld Gov. Gboyega Oyetola’s election at the Supreme court. Adeleke, in a statement made available to newsmen in Osogbo on Thursday said he received the appeal court judgement with dissatisfaction.

According to him, the judgment of the appeal court relied on weak technical foundation, while the substantive issue which formed the basis of the lower tribunal judgement was relegated to the background. “I received with dissatisfaction the judgement of the Court of Appeal on the ruling of the election petition tribunal which had duly returned me as the validly elected governor of Osun state.

“I have subsequently instructed my counsel to prepare for an appeal against today’s judgement at the Supreme Court immediately. “Today’s judgement relied on weak technical foundation.

“The substantive issue which formed the basis of the lower tribunal judgement was relegated to the background. “We are reviewing the full ruling and action has already commenced to appeal the judgement and ensure the eventual retrieval of the stolen mandate,” Adeleke said. He, however, urged the people of the state not to be downcast, saying that the struggle for good governance and retrieval of People’s mandate cannot be truncated by any flawed judgement. “We are taking the legal battle further to the topmost court in the land. I am confident the apex court will upturn today’s unsustainable ruling.

“To all members of PDP in Osun State and my campaign organisation, the struggle is now at the most critical stage. “We cannot waiver nor slow down. We must forge ahead in high spirit until final victory is attained.

“In this endeavour, I promise to provide the leadership as the genuine governorship mandate holder in Osun State” Adeleke said. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Abuja Division of the Court of Appeal nullified the judgment of the Osun State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal. The tribunal had in its verdict of Friday, March 22, 2019, declared the PDP and its candidate, Sen. Adeleke, the winner of the Sept. 22, 2018 polls. However, Justice Jummai Sankey, read the lead judgment of the Court of Appeal on Thursday. Justices Abubakar Yahaya, Isaiah Akeju and Bitrus Sanga agreed with the lead verdict.

A fifth member of the appellate court, Justice Ita Mbaba, disagreed and upheld the election tribunal’s verdict that gave the victory to Adeleke.

https://leadership.ng/2019/05/09/sen-adeleke-reacts-to-appeal-court-judgement/
Adeleke is incapable of speaking these words. They were scripted for him grin grin grin grin grin.
The writer tried cheesy
Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by naturalwaves: 8:59am On May 10, 2019
tommykiwi:
If he is a failure then the Lifeless one is what?
Funny thing is that most of you that refer to Buhari as the lifeless one may die before him. A lot have died before him and some of you may still die before him. Watch your tongue. Only God is the giver of life and you have no right to call someone "lifeless" just because he once had health challenges.

1 Like

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by emmasege: 9:29am On May 10, 2019
CrimeKsmart:
But a failure can be your president.

Continue to smile and suffer. It's the Nigerian thing.
Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by GEEBITE: 10:08am On May 10, 2019
Somebody who once sat on the board of Guinness and lived half his life in America.I guess board meetings are held in vernacular.
ecclize:
I doubt if this man can communicate with English
Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by Kfed4ril(m): 10:23am On May 10, 2019
CrimeKsmart:

Coming from a Buharist.
Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by ecclize: 10:24am On May 10, 2019
GEEBITE:
Somebody who once sat on the board of Guinness and lived half his life in America.I guess board meetings are held in vernacular.
I SWEAR I NEVA HEAR THE MAN SPEAK B4 WITH ENGLISH....
IF THAT IS TRUE... MAYBE HE JUST LIKE TEARING IT IN HIS MOTHER'S TONGUE... COZ IN FEW TIMES I HEARD HIM SPEAKS, IT HAS ALWAYS BE IN YORUBA
Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by Vatod(m): 10:25am On May 10, 2019
directonpc:
This is Nigeria and wetin concern common man with una selfish hunger for power (Both APC and PDP)
Oga sef no get ordinary WAEC just like my president.
Na so bro... the ealier we know the better for us, they don’t have anything to offer
Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by odehaj: 1:54pm On May 10, 2019
They keep pushing this olodo rabata to go go go! This things hardly happen in the north.
Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by Nkwazemakennyj(m): 2:08pm On May 10, 2019
CrimeKsmart:

but a dullard can be the president of your country, u see ur life?

1 Like

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by GEEBITE: 3:14pm On May 10, 2019
Because those were Yoruba functions.How is he gonna address the grass-root people with little understanding of English.He will be forced to interpret and it will depict him as been aloof.Your grammar too needs to be worked on."B4 WITH ENGLISH" Should have been 'in'.
ecclize:

I SWEAR I NEVA HEAR THE MAN SPEAK B4 WITH ENGLISH....
IF THAT IS TRUE... MAYBE HE JUST LIKE TEARING IT IN HIS MOTHER'S TONGUE... COZ IN FEW TIMES I HEARD HIM SPEAKS, IT HAS ALWAYS BE IN YORUBA
Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by AdebayoHOD(m): 11:02pm On May 10, 2019
Josh44s:
Nigerians are living in Bondage and Nigeria is in bondage as a whole. The worst and annoying part of it all is people supporting this Evil administration has not eaten even N1 naira from it or benefits one thing or the other, other Citizens benefits from their govt. They all just a set of frustrated, confused, demented and ignorant people who have lost their will to do what is right to secure a better future for them by throwing away tribalism, religious and nepotism aside. We as a citizens can do better than this. I weak abeg. I pray Canada embassy grant me visa lemme just leave Jejely.
Save journey �
Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by MrCEO69(m): 11:21pm On May 10, 2019
So if he losses this case who now becomes the governor? Apc has already lost the election
Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by ejimatic: 11:23pm On May 10, 2019
Ebullience:
Sen. Ademola Adeleke, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate for Osun 2018 Governorship Election said he had instructed his counsels to challenge the appeal court judgement which upheld Gov. Gboyega Oyetola’s election at the Supreme court. Adeleke, in a statement made available to newsmen in Osogbo on Thursday said he received the appeal court judgement with dissatisfaction.

According to him, the judgment of the appeal court relied on weak technical foundation, while the substantive issue which formed the basis of the lower tribunal judgement was relegated to the background. “I received with dissatisfaction the judgement of the Court of Appeal on the ruling of the election petition tribunal which had duly returned me as the validly elected governor of Osun state.

“I have subsequently instructed my counsel to prepare for an appeal against today’s judgement at the Supreme Court immediately. “Today’s judgement relied on weak technical foundation.

“The substantive issue which formed the basis of the lower tribunal judgement was relegated to the background. “We are reviewing the full ruling and action has already commenced to appeal the judgement and ensure the eventual retrieval of the stolen mandate,” Adeleke said. He, however, urged the people of the state not to be downcast, saying that the struggle for good governance and retrieval of People’s mandate cannot be truncated by any flawed judgement. “We are taking the legal battle further to the topmost court in the land. I am confident the apex court will upturn today’s unsustainable ruling.

“To all members of PDP in Osun State and my campaign organisation, the struggle is now at the most critical stage. “We cannot waiver nor slow down. We must forge ahead in high spirit until final victory is attained.

“In this endeavour, I promise to provide the leadership as the genuine governorship mandate holder in Osun State” Adeleke said. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Abuja Division of the Court of Appeal nullified the judgment of the Osun State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal. The tribunal had in its verdict of Friday, March 22, 2019, declared the PDP and its candidate, Sen. Adeleke, the winner of the Sept. 22, 2018 polls. However, Justice Jummai Sankey, read the lead judgment of the Court of Appeal on Thursday. Justices Abubakar Yahaya, Isaiah Akeju and Bitrus Sanga agreed with the lead verdict.

A fifth member of the appellate court, Justice Ita Mbaba, disagreed and upheld the election tribunal’s verdict that gave the victory to Adeleke.

. I foresaw the judgement at the appeal court and was among those unbiased analysts who found errors in the majority judgement at the tribunal.The appeal court did justice to the case.. as I analysed. The only thing that can make ADeleke has hope in supreme court is if Section 140 of electoral law is removed from the constitution before the case get to supreme court.The supreme court judgement will be subsumed in the section. Adeleke e s chances are very slim at the supreme court
Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by MrCEO69(m): 11:25pm On May 10, 2019
naturalwaves:

Funny thing is that most of you that refer to Buhari as the lifeless one may die before him. A lot have died before him and some of you may still die before him. Watch your tongue. Only God is the giver of life and you have no right to call someone "lifeless" just because he once had health challenges.
No Nigerian politicians deserve pity.. They will die a horrible death just they way they are killing Nigeria.
Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by MrCEO69(m): 11:29pm On May 10, 2019
ejimatic:
. I foresaw the judgement at the appeal court and was among those unbiased analysts who found errors in the majority judgement at the tribunal.The appeal court did justice to the case.. as I analysed. The only thing that can make ADeleke has hope in supreme court is if Section 140 of electoral law is removed from the constitution before the case get to supreme court.The supreme court judgement will be subsumed in the section. Adeleke e s chances are very slim at the supreme court
Please if in case he loses the case who becomes the governor? Note that apc has lost the case already
Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by ejimatic: 5:32am On May 11, 2019
MrCEO69:

Please if in case he loses the case who becomes the governor? Note that apc has lost the case already
. APC is winning according to appeal court judgement.If Supreme court affirms the appeal court judgement Oyetola stays as the governor.....

1 Like

Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by ejimatic: 6:10am On May 11, 2019
Ebullience:

. With due respect to APC and PDP in Osun State,Osun election was keenly contested by APC PDP and SDP..However APC was announced as winner by INEC.The tribunal gave its majority judgement with a lot of confusion and contradiction. The Appeal court corrected the judgement with recourse to precedences , constitution and electoral law..The supreme court will hear the oral submission of the two parties and may give judgement same day or later....In my humble opinion Osun election case is all about reasoning and facts within the gambit of the law...Justice Obiora of the. election tribunal gave the majority judgement .He however did not come on the February 6 when the APC was presenting its witnesses. According to the supreme court judgement which appeal court quoted a judge should listen and watch in person witnesses in both sides before giving its judgement. or else the whole processes is a nullity or a mess.This is the case with Obiora..The judge was assessing witnesses he did not see and was judging them.In legal practice it is an aberration....On 17 contested polling units the electoral act position in Section 140 is clear and that is what the appeal court used against the tribunal.In addition the appealed court ruled that in each of the seventeen polling unit, the votes were counted and when the results were . not reconcilable they were canceled in the presence of all the party agents .The cancellation was approved by the state returning officer.Thus there is no case of non compliance that could affect the results of the election.It was thus decided in favour if APC. Also thee tribunal majority judgement described the election as free and fair, no non compliance and it was violence free but it went ahead to deduct votes and announce a winner. is it not conflicting and confusing ? No wonder the appeal sustained the minority judgement of the appeal given by the most experienced judge and the chairman of the tribunal ..justice Sirajo. Finally from my opinion in view of the salient facts in the appeal court judgement and section 140 of the electoral law the hope of Adeleke to become Osun governor is a mirage and an exercise in futility.
Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by ejimatic: 6:32am On May 11, 2019
sparog:
Now what's the assurance that he'll get a favorable judgement from the supreme Court
He has no case there.
Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by sparog(m): 7:44am On May 11, 2019
ejimatic:
He has no case there.

You think so, what if he now wins?

You know it's possible cos for the tribunal to have declared him winner means he might have won based on the premise with which they judged the case. What if the supreme Court uses that premise too?
Re: Newssen. Adeleke Reacts To Appeal Court Judgement by 9jahotblog: 7:53am On May 11, 2019
ejimatic:
. With due respect to APC and PDP in Osun State,Osun election was keenly contested by APC PDP and SDP..However APC was announced as winner by INEC.The tribunal gave its majority judgement with a lot of confusion and contradiction. The Appeal court corrected the judgement with recourse to precedences , constitution and electoral law..The supreme court will hear the oral submission of the two parties and may give judgement same day or later....In my humble opinion Osun election case is all about reasoning and facts within the gambit of the law...Justice Obiora of the. election tribunal gave the majority judgement .He however did not come on the February 6 when the APC was presenting its witnesses. According to the supreme court judgement which appeal court quoted a judge should listen and watch in person witnesses in both sides before giving its judgement. or else the whole processes is a nullity or a mess.This is the case with Obiora..The judge was assessing witnesses he did not see and was judging them.In legal practice it is an aberration....On 17 contested polling units the electoral act position in Section 140 is clear and that is what the appeal court used against the tribunal.In addition the appealed court ruled that in each of the seventeen polling unit, the votes were counted and when the results were . not reconcilable they were canceled in the presence of all the party agents .The cancellation was approved by the state returning officer.Thus there is no case of non compliance that could affect the results of the election.It was thus decided in favour if APC. Also thee tribunal majority judgement described the election as free and fair, no non compliance and it was violence free but it went ahead to deduct votes and announce a winner. is it not conflicting and confusing ? No wonder the appeal sustained the minority judgement of the appeal given by the most experienced judge and the chairman of the tribunal ..justice Sirajo. Finally from my opinion in view of the salient facts in the appeal court judgement and section 140 of the electoral law the hope of Adeleke to become Osun governor is a mirage and an exercise in futility.
you are saying trash here, always speaking out of context. Go and read justice Mbaba minority judgement , you will know that APC bought the judgement. He even award 200k against the appellant. Your epistles is lies and propaganda. It will never work .Just stay glued till Supreme Court verdict.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Impeachment: Agboola Ajayi To Sue Ondo Assembly, Police, DSS, Chief Judge / Zamfara Senator, Hassan Mohammad Gusau Dumps PDP During Plenary / Keyamo: Obaseki, Okowa Responsible For The Implosion In PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.