Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,323 members, 7,819,103 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists (32452 Views)

Payne Sisters Delighted To Make History With Super Falcons At WAFCON 2022 / Mourinho Makes History With Serie A's Longest Unbeaten Home Run in Roma win / Osimhen Makes History With Napoli As He Reaches Double Figures In The Serie A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by Reference(m): 12:54pm On May 10, 2019
All thanks to a certain man called Pep Guardiola who undoubtedly has raised the bar of Premiership soccer to such dizzying heights with his ultra competitive, unrelenting game play. Many other records trail.

The triple crown is still in the works for City who may still end up being the most successful Premiership team this season and since the Premiership era in 1996 despite not playing the UCL finals.

First time the two top teams will be tallying in excess of 95 points. For Liverpool a potential 97 point tally will have won them the title in all but 2 seasons since 1896. But then without a desire to outgun Pep's team, Liverpool will never have dreamt thoughtless of needed 97 points.

Next season could be even more exciting. The quality of coaching across the league and the level of competitivrness is set to rise even further when Leicester's Brendan Rogers goes through a full pre season, Frank Lampard is able to gain promotion as the next exciting young manager and if course the enigmatic Marcelo Bielsa of Leeds United.

Clearly the Premiership is custodian to some of the best soccer brains right now and together with massive resouces pouring in through rights and oily arabian investments is set to dominate Europe. Having a clean sweep of the finals will just about do it to attract the best ball juggling talents out there too.

Now can owners, referees and the PFA exercise some patience and restraint to ensure the merry boat is not scuttled.

3 Likes

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by Magic1: 1:00pm On May 10, 2019
Honor10:
To people that do say England clubs are overrated, they know nothing, England is the only country that has 6 clubs that can compete with any team in the world.

England has ToP Six
Man U
Man city
Liverpool
Arsenal
Chelsea
Tottenham.

Spain has only three
Barcelona
Real madrid
Atlectico + sevila = 1

Germany has two
Bayern Munich
Dortmund

Portugal has only one
Porto

Netherland has only one
Ajax

France has only one
PSG

Italy has only two
Juventus
Napoli + Roma= 1

All four teams in final is from England

Give it up for England.

Italy also has: AC Milan and Inter Milan. You can’t possibly write them off.
Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by sean079: 1:01pm On May 10, 2019
One point y’all is missing is that England has the best 6 tactian except MCU dat just sacked Jose in the game managing the respective clubs. Beside Top 6 English team got the war chest Financial to compete with any team in the world. Its all about the Benjamin!!!!
Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by Ibhamzah: 1:07pm On May 10, 2019
las las Epl is over hyped
Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by Peterpanny: 1:12pm On May 10, 2019
phr0nesis:

I believe you die
dye u shall dye

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by Jemidan: 1:16pm On May 10, 2019
I wish all 4 English team the best
Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by phr0nesis(m): 1:17pm On May 10, 2019
Peterpanny:
dye u shall dye
Come and kyll me
Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by chiboy1116: 1:18pm On May 10, 2019
coolie1:
I have said this and I will say it again, LA liga defense is tooooo weak, how would arsenal from away come to your home and score 4 goals they can't even do it against Huddersfield, chai no wonder messi scores up to 50 goals a season and would be claiming goalscorer, if messi comes to EPL if he sees 25 goal a season, I will Bleep 5 turkey
and he scores against top English oppositions ? undecided

1 Like

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by jaywhoco(m): 1:26pm On May 10, 2019
internationalman:
They should just bring the final to Wembley then...

Spanish laliga May be tactically advanced than the premier league, but a premier league club can never let go of a two or three goal advantage to be knocked out of the competition..

When Messi and Ronaldo have retired it's going to be English dominance in Europe.

They are the two wizards that make y'all think English league is overrated..

Y'all see what happened to Madrid when Ronaldo left..

And believe me when I say that if Messi isn't on the pitch for Barca they are just Fulham..
Just Fulham! is the wickedest thing I have read this year.

1 Like

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by dokie: 1:33pm On May 10, 2019
internationalman:
They should just bring the final to Wembley then...

Spanish laliga May be tactically advanced than the premierleague, but a premier league club can never let go of a two or three goal advantage to be knocked out of the competition..

When Messi and Ronaldo have retired it's going to be English dominance in Europe.

They are the two wizards that make y'all think English league is overrated..

Y'all see what happened to Madrid when Ronaldo left..

And believe me when I say that if Messi isn't on the pitch for Barca they are just Fulham

This your last statement funny die.
Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by dapadawee: 1:38pm On May 10, 2019
internationalman:
your phone Calibration no they work ?Na only full stop dey work
Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by coolie1: 1:46pm On May 10, 2019
MAYOWAAK:

Those of you that ignorantly say Messi cannot survive the EPL:

Goals against the Premiership top 6, this season:

�� Messi - 6

������� Firmino - 5
������� Kane - 4
������� Mane - 3
������� Aubameyang - 3
������� Sterling - 3
������� Lacazette - 3
������� Vardy - 3
������� Salah - 2
������� Hazard - 1
������� Lukaku - 0
A certain player has 26 goals against English oppositions just like he has 27 against Real madrid and some people say he can’t perform in the EPL, please is it Burnley and Leicester that wants to tame him?

guess what when he scored those goals he was in camp nou
Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by internationalman(m): 1:48pm On May 10, 2019
Firstandonly:
almost all of Barça players are World Cup winner
No you are wrong... It's only Pique, and Bosquet
Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by eniorisha(m): 2:03pm On May 10, 2019
EVILFOREST:

Hope you know these TOP ENGLISH LEAGUE CLUBS are largely dominated by foreigners...??

That’s the singular reason ENGLAND always fails to do well in NATIONAL competitions.

MIND U, NIGERIA has more international trophies than your ENGLAND as a country.... grin grin

Are Messi #Aigbe and Suarez, & d likes from Spain?

Are Lewandoski, David Alaba, Pullisic, & d likes from Germany?

Are Nermar jnr, Baloteli, Di Maria, & d likes from France

... and d list goes on.

U av no point, boss
Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by chevkosticks(m): 2:05pm On May 10, 2019
Up Blues

#May29th
My birthday plus the europa league coming to blues
Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by BrainSanitizer: 2:12pm On May 10, 2019
Honor10:
To people that do say England clubs are overrated, they know nothing, England is the only country that has 6 clubs that can compete with any team in the world.

England has ToP Six
Man U
Man city
Liverpool
Arsenal
Chelsea
Tottenham.

Spain has only three
Barcelona
Real madrid
Atlectico + sevila = 1

Germany has two
Bayern Munich
Dortmund

Portugal has only one
Porto

Netherland has only one
Ajax

France has only one
PSG

Italy has only two
Juventus
Napoli + Roma= 1

All four teams in final is from England

Give it up for England.

Make we pity Italy small abeg.
3. Inter + Atalanta + Milan + Torino = 1
Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by BraniacX(m): 2:21pm On May 10, 2019
Logachev:
And the "Teams in Red" have it!
amen!
Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by Luckyziakegha: 2:22pm On May 10, 2019
This is very amazing

Manchester United appoint Mike Phelan as assistant manager...
https://www.news1960.fun/2019/05/manchester-united-appoint-mike-phelan.html

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 10, 2019
After 11 years of Oblivion in UCL and UEL victory, EPL fans can now be restored to their arrogant default setting. What a sigh of relief!!!

No relevance in the Ballon d'or, FIFA player of the year, UEFA player of the year, IFHSS awards, Goal 50, and European Golden shoe for the last 11 years but but EPL is the best. Funny fanbase.

What make EPL to be at the best now is not about the quality of the League. All the top 6 Gibberish that many have talked about. It is about the awakening of different EPL teams to get quality coaches. EPL has the best coaches in the world. Most of the best from La liga, Bundesliga, Ligue 1 and even SerieA now train the EPL teams. That has turned a lot things around in the league and therefore improve competition. But to think, EPL where Leicester once won the League, has always been the best on Europe , is nothing but a delusion.
EPL resurgence start about 3 years following arrival of Pep, Klopp, Conte, 2nd coming Mourinho, now Emery and Sarri...

I am sure that reign will not last tho... Don't ask me why!

2 Likes

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by krak101(m): 2:37pm On May 10, 2019
jeff1607:

let's go where?

Nigerian league needs support also to be like what others crave for
well I cannot actually carry Nigerian league all by myself on my head. When they're deserving I'll show them love. Until then they can continue with their unending scandals
Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by laptopsale(m): 2:44pm On May 10, 2019
KingAzubuike:
How can you put hazards portrait beside that of salah, son and auba.

Hazards portrait deserves to be beside those maradona, Pele, puskas and cruyff
Salah's two years with Liverpool bettered Hazard's five years with Chelsea.
Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by GEEBITE: 2:50pm On May 10, 2019
Only Spanish two teams have been winning. Madrid prior wins(5 in a row) in the 50s were in era of easier format that an upcoming young united team was primed to burst their bubble if not for the air plane crash that killed a generation that took 10 years to recover and win their maiden title.Meanwhile there have been 5 English teams(man utd(3),liverpool(5),Not'ham forest(2),Aston Villa(1) and Chelsea(1) more than any European country.There might even be a sixth winner if Spurs wins.
ENG0701:

I am a fan of the English league, but believe La liga is tactically superior. And besides, la liga teams have won more European championships than English teams, and they have also produced more world footballers.

1 Like

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by maxwell530(m): 2:51pm On May 10, 2019
eni4real:
After 11 years of Oblivion in UCL and UEL victory, EPL fans can now be restored to their arrogant default setting. What a sigh of relief!!!

No relevance in the Ballon d'or, FIFA player of the year, UEFA player of the year, IFHSS awards, Goal 50, and European Golden shoe for the last 11 years but but EPL is the best. Funny fanbase.

What make EPL to be at the best now is not about the quality of the League. All the top 6 Gibberish that many have talked about. It is about the awakening of different EPL teams to get quality coaches. EPL has the best coaches in the world. Most of the best from La liga, Bundesliga, Ligue 1 and even SerieA now train the EPL teams. That has turned a lot things around in the league and therefore improve competition. But to think, EPL where Leicester once won the League, has always been the best on Europe , is nothing but a delusion.
EPL resurgence start about 3 years following arrival of Pep, Klopp, Conte, 2nd coming Mourinho, now Emery and Sarri...

you're very much correct bro, EPL revolution starts in 2016 with the arrival of top quality coaches. Imagine a small side as Newcastle being managed by Rafa Benitez.

English league media and their fans are the league biggest problem not the league itself. They hype their products too much,more reason it's very hard to see English players and managers perform excellently outside the country. imagine one English pundit saying Eric Deir is better than Sergio Busquet just because he had a good game against Spain.

All in all, I love the league because it's entertaining and the tempo of the matches are always high compared to other leagues. I also love the shocking results week in week out,anybody can beat anybody.
Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by jeff1607(m): 2:52pm On May 10, 2019
krak101:
well I cannot actually carry Nigerian league all by myself on my head. When they're deserving I'll show them love. Until then they can continue with their unending scandals

I totally understand but do you abandon a child due to the fact that he is stubborn?

Nigeria premier league na we get am good or bad, no Englishman will come here to support it just as you clamour for theirs
Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by princebishop(m): 2:53pm On May 10, 2019
football is coming home GUNNERZ
Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by Robert129(m): 2:56pm On May 10, 2019
coolie1:
I have said this and I will say it again, LA liga defense is tooooo weak, how would arsenal from away come to your home and score 4 goals they can't even do it against Huddersfield, chai no wonder messi scores up to 50 goals a season and would be claiming goalscorer, if messi comes to EPL if he sees 25 goal a season, I will Bleep 5 turkey

grin cheesy let messi come to man city if he no go score 50
Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by tjosh007(m): 2:58pm On May 10, 2019
To the LALIGA Fans bragging about 7 champions league wins in 10 years...its a feat that has been achieved by ENGLISH FOOTBALL CLUBS(1977-1984). Its more like history repeating itself but this time for spain. Also for d record; its only English clubs that has won d champions league 6 consecutive times. Also only England has 5 different clubs to have won d champions league title; most in Europe. Thats what makes the EPL the most competitive league in Europe. Now EPL just made another European landmark.

2 Likes

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 10, 2019
maxwell530:
you're very much correct bro, EPL revolution starts in 2016 with the arrival of top quality coaches. Imagine a small side as Newcastle being managed by Rafa Benitez.

English league media and their fans are the league biggest problem not the league itself. They hype their products too much,more reason it's very hard to see English players and managers perform excellently outside the country. imagine one English pundit saying Eric Deir is better than Sergio Busquet just because he had a good game against Spain.

All in all, I love the league because it's entertaining and the tempo of the matches are always high compared to other leagues. I also love the shocking results week in week out,anybody can beat anybody.
Exactly. The overhype is not necessary tho!
EPLteams should try and dominate Europe for 11 years, then their fans can go ahead and mock La liga.
EPL is back after more than a decade of irrelevance in Europe. Let's see how far they can hold up.
I know that the reigns of thier teams will not last up to 5 years .
Overhype will inevitably affect them with time..
Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by GEEBITE: 3:02pm On May 10, 2019
You must be relatively young.Go and check from 1976 to 1984 different English teams(Liverpool(4),Forest(2) and Villa(1) won champions league.That is 7 titles in 8 between them.Please can you define dominance again.Another POC,Chelsea won Champions League 7 years ago while Utd won Europa 2 years back.Take Barca and Madrid out of la liga it is a sunday league.Atletico is a yoyo club,they have even gone on relegation in this millennium.Not even to go back too far,from year 2005-2012,bar 2007&2010 all champions league final held then featured an english club in fact four of the famous big 4 clubs(Liverpool,Arsenal,Man Utd and Chelsea) before man city crashed the party.That is 6 times out of 8 with half of those a win for them. Not too bad you should agree.Please write based on facts not sentiments.
eni4real:

1 Like

Re: English Clubs Make European Football History With All Four Finalists by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 10, 2019
GEEBITE:
You must be relatively young.Go and check from 1976 to 1984 different English teams(Liverpool(4),Forest(2) and Villa(1) won champions league.That is 7 titles in 8 between them.Please can you define dominance again.Another POC,Chelsea won Champions League 7 years ago while Utd won Europa 2 years back.Take Barca and Madrid out of la liga it is a sunday league.Atletico is a yoyo club,they have even gone on relegation in this millennium.(
Your focus is only on the Champion's League, you mentioned nothing about Europa League, Ballon d'or, IFHSS award, FIFA best player award, European Golden shoe.
EPL teams and their players have been pale in achievement concerning this!!!
EPL has been all hype in the last decade, until Guardiola and host of top tactician come to improve the League.

Stop talking about 70`s and 80's, even EPL was not rebranded then. How many division 1 players were World best? May be Bobby Charlton or George Best. John Charles Those were old times. Since EPL is rebranded in 92, EPL has only Man united as the true Europe best team in all ramifications.... And that was in 99 and in '08!!! UCL, Super cups, Ballon d'or, FIFA best, IFHSS, European Golden shoe, etc. Just name it. They were European Champions. But since then, EPL has been all about hype and glamor but not commensurate quality...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Balotelli's King Kong Pose / Michael Emenalo Resigns As Chelsea's Technical Director After 10 Years / NFF Appoints Gernot Rohr As Super Eagles Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.