Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,473 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) (75308 Views)

Olamide Aka Wizzy Missing: UNIABUJA Student Missing For 4 Weeks / Uniabuja Student Points Gun At Female Lecturer(see Photos And Video) / Nigerian Boy Drowns In A Pool In Canada (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by Toks2008(m): 7:01pm On May 10, 2019
There are still good friends out there but bad ones are more. MAY GOD GUIDE AND PROTECT US.

7 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by Nickymezor(f): 7:02pm On May 10, 2019
Gosh, wat a disturbing tale.... Do rest in peace Emma

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by Toseenlove: 7:04pm On May 10, 2019
This Is a very sad and tragic Incident. I condole with them In this trying moment. But I have one thing to say.....The Parents of the deceased should re-trace their steps and doings In life. They might have done something very very Terrible. No Idiot should come here and start telling me It's Superstition!!! I hardly pity People nowadays as I'm starting to see the "Clear Picture Of Life" because People do Terrible Things behind the scene In this nation these days.

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by Galaticos444: 7:04pm On May 10, 2019
grandstar:
Just wicked

If there was no CCTV, one would never have realised that they actually stood there and watched their friend drown.

Had they helped, I'm sure the brat would never forget that. Even if they said they don't want his company anymore. he would have pleaded with them. Even his parents would never forget

The truth is those 3 were parasitic and wanted to reap from him but didn't like the price which was to live in the shadow of their friend. Were they not, they would not have been friends with the brat. They wanted to have their cake and eat it too.

They may be facing the death penalty. Only those less than 18years may claim they are still juveniles and hence can't be treated and punished as adults. Lawyers your opinion would be appreciated.
they can't face d death penalty however dey will b charge 4 manslaughter
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by adecz: 7:06pm On May 10, 2019
Youth of nowadays & gragra.

You no sabi swim but you go enter
deep end of pool in the name of posing.

Parents, take heart.. undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by grandstar(m): 7:06pm On May 10, 2019
Galaticos444:

You may be right.
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by Originalsly: 7:08pm On May 10, 2019
Hmmm...still wondering why the hotelier was arrested. The drowning seemed planned.... drown and rob plan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by luminouz(m): 7:08pm On May 10, 2019
I dont have friends.... I have family!!!

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by Thalinzrcng: 7:08pm On May 10, 2019
grandstar:
Just wicked

If there was no CCTV, one would never have realised that they actually stood there and watched their friend drown.

Had they helped, I'm sure the brat would never forget that. Even if they said they don't want his company anymore. he would have pleaded with them. Even his parents would never forget

The truth is those 3 were parasitic and wanted to reap from him but didn't like the price which was to live in the shadow of their friend. Were they not, they would not have been friends with the brat. They wanted to have their cake and eat it too.

They may be facing the death penalty. Only those less than 18years may claim they are still juveniles and hence can't be treated and punished as adults. Lawyers your opinion would be appreciated.

Yeah. But have some decorum for the dude , he is gone. Brat here and there. Death picks us all. But heck, maybe you won't mind being referred to as 'big mouth' , fresh on your demise.

3 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by hometruth: 7:09pm On May 10, 2019
Dont have the words to express my pain. And the world has gone so deadly. How do teenagers have the heart to stand by someone struggle to death. That thing weak me

6 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by MiddleSpot: 7:11pm On May 10, 2019
BdorianGray:

In d middlespot I guess wink

You've always been a crazy guy grin cheesy
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by Gabson001(m): 7:12pm On May 10, 2019
God save us from bad friends... Amen!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by patexcool(f): 7:12pm On May 10, 2019
people are wicked

we should mind how we share our success story with others cos not everybody knows how to control d spirit of jealousy.

RIP

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by ud4u: 7:13pm On May 10, 2019
End time
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by sholay2011(m): 7:14pm On May 10, 2019
This is just heartbreaking.
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 10, 2019
Another important lesson here is that many people can't see beyond their nose.... Beyond the immediacy of their actions... Beyond their impulsiveness in the present moment. And this is not about 17 year olds alone. Even adults are guilty. This is arguably the most dangerous aspect of social interactions. People are simply not sensible or perceptive enough to understand the gravity of their actions. That's why you must be very careful in your dealings with them.

The lads coldly and unthinkingly left the boy to die, took his money and phone, and returned to school with impunity, and probably slept with the hope of waking up to a new day without Emmanuel and then life would go on happily. Not thinking about the grave implications of their (in)action.

The thing here is to be careful with your dealings with people.

Maybe due to frustration, lack of wisdom, sheer stupidity, or downright evil, many people would do whatever the devil prods them to do in the present moment without thinking about the repercussion. About the fact that the consequence would be very grave for them. By then, you're already dead or destroyed.

Before you bark 'do you worst' or engage in needless tussles with the next man whose mental state you know nothing about; before you wave off apparent red flags in your so-called 'friends' behaviours and so forth..... remember what I've just told you.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by ebig21(m): 7:15pm On May 10, 2019
grandstar:
Just wicked

I logged in just to reply to your comment, what they did is despicable and morally wrong but they can never be charged with murder, they didn't push him into the water, they didn't hold him to drown, they only declined to help him, they can be charged with stealing from a dead man. Simple. The law and morality is different. Although they can not be separated, but they never mix

4 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by Freshlorde: 7:15pm On May 10, 2019
God of Nazareth Jealousy is too much damn
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by Nobody: 7:19pm On May 10, 2019
0ppa:
My life is simple. I don't keep friends; male or female. I respect family. When people do the 'betray word' to me, I don't call it betray. They are not my friends! Only friends betray!
Peer pressure has really killed many young adults. We should be extra careful of the friends we keep: trust no one.

My dear no man is an island.ask God to send you good people .don't deceive your self that your life is simple your life will be much more simpler and smoother with good people .

I always thank God for the few good friends I have iam okay with them and feel so blessed that God sent me them I have nothing but i have everything

3 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by Wolexyoshi(m): 7:21pm On May 10, 2019
It seems no one is talking about the time they were in the pool. 3:33am.

My own child will never follow any friend to a night party not to talk of being in the pool at that hour.

Moral from parents is very important.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 10, 2019
ebig21:

I logged in just to reply to your comment, what they did is despicable and morally wrong but they can never be charged with murder, they didn't push him into the water, they didn't hold him to drown, they only declined to help him, they can be charged with stealing from a dead man. Simple. The law and morality is different. Although they can not be separated, but they never mix

They can go for manslaughter don't even deceive your self and let me tell you a good lawyer and test this on b as murder .kpa

This is y I respect countries like u.s this murder charge go stick any how be it 1 or 2nd degree .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by sisisioge: 7:21pm On May 10, 2019
Oh Lord! May God console his loved ones! What a death sentence the boys have placed on themselves... They will never be whole again. How sad.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by nomoreface: 7:25pm On May 10, 2019
Galaticos444:

They cant be charged for manslaughter or murder in as much as they didn't drown the boy. They can be charged with robbery... for stealing his money and shoes.
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by ebig21(m): 7:25pm On May 10, 2019
Mustsucceed:

They can go for manslaughter don't even deceive your self and let me tell you a good lawyer and test this on b as murder .kpa
Lol I know you are emotional, it's just the simple truth,
There was a case of a police man that allowed a woman to die in a burning house, he was released unconditionally
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by LadyHeaven(f): 7:26pm On May 10, 2019
Smalliegirl:
This is just sad. As a mother I cried reading this the first time, imagining what his poor parents now have to deal with. The grief, pain, endless tears...smh

On a side note: I couldnt help but notice a flaw in these kids upbringing..and by extention a clear example of the quality of young people we as parents have raised and sre raising...

I shuddered to think how 17/18 year olds would knowingly allow their own classmate drown, ontop of that, steal his phone and money and then walk away like they did nothing...smh!
[s]
Who is to blame here? Personally, I put a larger percentage on mothers. So many work and run businesses from early morning 4am (those who leave for work) only to return home so late kids are in bed snoring away...So many mothers, leave their kids as little as 3 months with strangers, chasing all manner of high end jobs with endless meetings and overseas travels, all to the detriment of their kids. Right in their homes, kids getting molested and abused in various ways.

I have always been of the opinion that: if you start raising a family as a woman, start up a business close to home if at all you must work, so you can adequately cater and raise your children, see to their mental & emotional well being.

And in cases you feel your career is more important, please do not birth kids you wouldnt raise as most Nigerian men arent cut out by default to be house husbands or nurturers of kids.
[/s]
I am also not oblivious to cases where even when mom stays at home kids still go south o, thats a discussion for another time.

Wheew! This wasnt intended to be long. My apologizes if you read till the end.

Rest in peace to Emnanuel Balogun

This is a very very very flawed reasoning, that its because the mothers MAY have been working class that their sons grew up to be wicked and heartless? From the story the 3 evil boys are not well to do so there is a higher possibility that their parents aren't rich & probably their mothers are stay at homes or petty traders, those boys are collectively terrible beings, NO one made them that way instead they allowed themselves to be influenced by material things of the world that they where fine with their friend drowning rather than watching him succeed more. Have you ever wondered why children of so called pastors are mostly nasty?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by lorhema(f): 7:26pm On May 10, 2019
thorpido:
The hearts of teenagers in this generation! sad cry

So cold. Scary.

4 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by Angelfrost(m): 7:27pm On May 10, 2019
What exactly would a person that can't swim be doing in close to a body of water, not to talk of getting in... Peer pressure is a sad thing.

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by Zombicmodz: 7:27pm On May 10, 2019
ayandee:

I think this is why the rich keep their children in certain schools meant for people of their class.

Still not a guarantee..
Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by Mcy56(f): 7:29pm On May 10, 2019
Juvenile delinquency! Wouldn't the wealth of his parents had rubbed off on them should they allow him live? undecided
Parents needs to step up their guardian duties by teaching their children about life......that's if they themselves are well informed.
RIP young one. May your soul find peace with your Maker. sad

2 Likes

Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by sharpwriter(m): 7:29pm On May 10, 2019
Opus85:
May he rest in peace.

I have been to swimming pools and see all this young lads who doesn't know how to swim do crazy things in the pool. I always advise, if you don't know how to swim, never near the deep part. Always be at the shallow side until you have confidence to learn swimming.

Swimming is fun but it kills. Even good swimmers die in pool not to talk of learners. All this young boys will always be jumping and diving at the shallow side just to show off. When you caution them, they look at you like a mad man.

How can you swim around 3 am after partying and drinking...smh. even as good as I can swim, I always take precautions when in the pool.

For the friends, they are heartless and I believe one of them would be the master mind of them going to swim by that time. Only four of them at the pool, where were other party goers?

Las Las humans are unpredictable. Rest on boy.

Abi na... I thought I was the only one who saw that 3am time.... When many were sleeping, some praying, some awake researching on how their lives can be better.... It was a wild and excessive youthful exuberance tin.... Not healthy at all... Over happiness kills.

1 Like

Re: Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) by Victorisoni3(m): 7:31pm On May 10, 2019
Hmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Hermaphrodite: Boy Who Has A Vagina In Benin Beaten, Assaulted, Called A Witch / Policeman Seen With POS, Asking A Passenger To Bring His ATM Card (video) / Couple Burn Manhood Of 17-year-old Boy For Raping Their Daughter (graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.