Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,068 members, 7,821,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs (37232 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Peter Obi Appoints Four Special Advisers / Buhari Appoints Four More Aides Into DPR Departments - Peoples Gazette / The Four New Emirs Tubarned In Kano Today (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by Aquariann: 8:45am On May 11, 2019
AMvanquish:

A court order was served today restraining the governor from going ahead with implementation of the new Emirates created. But some of the Governor's aides have come out to say they would go ahead and install the new emirs later today Saturday. Talk of Impunity.

The Bayero prince and other individuals who have accepted is still gossip talk for now, but we should get a clearer picture later today.

Northern elders being mute on the matter is disappointing. The real elders who should have waded in like Maitama Sule , Tijjani hashim etc unfortunately are late. The ones remaining have turned to Yes Men with vested interests, now silent capitalists and don't want any drama saying the truth as it is. And SLS says his mind which is the opposite of what a lot of core tradionalists preach against. Good thing is some Islamic scholars are starting to speak against the move.

On a personal note, I think the court order came a little late at best or was just silly.

The governor didn't just wake up and balkanize the emirate. There was a public hearing and debate on the floor in which 2/3 of the house supported, passed and eventually transmitted the bill to the governor for his approval which was granted as at Thursday if I'm correct. The court order was given on Friday by which time the bill was already a law in effect.

Secondly, I think they've been cases in the past where it was stated the courts cannot stop the legislative branch of government from carrying out their functions which is Law making, because their own functions (i.e the courts), is just to interpret the law.

But like you rightly said, events later today would tell us the true state of things.

Thanks for the heads up
Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by bilulu(m): 8:57am On May 11, 2019
Chikpat:
Good.
Meanwhile, had Sanusi not been an arrogant man, this would not have happened
when he was arrogant to the previous government you guys hailed him and said he was speaking the truth now that he's speaking against this government he's being arrogant..... what a life. I don't pity him because he allowed sentiment becloud his reasoning
Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by JeogahII(m): 9:13am On May 11, 2019
Aquariann:
Our brothers down South have been the most vocal about this Balkanization of Kano Emirate. But news updates from Kano seem to suggest it's actually a welcomed decision. Majority of the house members voted in favor of the bill since it was mentioned in the floor of the State house of assembly

Personal I try not to involve myself with politics of people and places outside my domain, so it would be nice if we can get first hand info from what's going on in Kano.

I am not from South, but if the Southerners are vocal about Balkanazation it shows how current and versatile the are. Ganduje is doing everything possible to weaken and underrate the Kano sacred seat of power due to political reason and anyone that is conversant with throne will not keep mute when the governor is bastardizing it. For the house of Assembly members voting overwhelmingly for the splitting; you should know that most of this house members are just governor's boys and not legislators. Also for the fact that the stand to gain from the evil scheme won't the overwhelmingly support it? moreover, the speaker have been given the privilege to be a kingmaker. Don't be a spectator when evil is happening
Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by JeogahII(m): 9:17am On May 11, 2019
The men that brought Sanusi to power did that to ridicule Jonathan. Now the fight is within them. The bird that called rain is been beaten by the rain. Ganduje is bastardized the throne, tell him.
Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by orisa37: 9:23am On May 11, 2019
Men will accuse God of wasting common Resourses on preventing Satan from bastardising them.
Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by Coolgent(m): 9:40am On May 11, 2019
I heard from reliable source that APC has also planned the same thing in Sokoto but God stopped them grin
Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by Chikpat(m): 10:15am On May 11, 2019
bilulu:

when he was arrogant to the previous government you guys hailed him and said he was speaking the truth now that he's speaking against this government he's being arrogant..... what a life. I don't pity him because he allowed sentiment becloud his reasoning

I don't know what you call the truth. That Sanusi the Emir allegedly embezzled N6bn of the emirate's funds simply shows that he is worse than Ganduje the governor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by Izunwa(m): 4:59pm On May 11, 2019
Epic cheesy. Everybody in Naija is a potential comedian.

id911:
Hahaha... Gandollar dey vex

Gandollar, abeg help us to also appoint Akpabio as one of the Emirs because he will soon be out of job. We don't want him to join Yahoo Yahoo grin
Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by jolo26(m): 6:45am On May 17, 2019
This is the same thing James Ibori did in warri creating kings where there should be non.
Re: Ganduje Appoints Four New Emirs by jolo26(m): 7:00am On May 17, 2019
IMMUNO1:
More money in the pocket of the new Emirs, less or no influence on their people, government and international community. They did it in Igbo land, now in Hausa land. Very soon, every kindred will have an emir with no influence, just like the igwes in the South East.
they did it in warri also

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bayelsa Poll: Buhari Shuns Sylva / Judge Withdraws From Nnamdi Kanu’s Trial / Throwback: "Gani Fawehinmi Endorses Buhari For President"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.