Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport (18495 Views)

FG Approves $3.02bn For Port Harcourt- Maiduguri Rail Line / FG Releases N14.9bn For Retirees’ Accrued Rights / Breaking News :IMF Approves $3.4bn RFI To Support Nigeria’s COVID-19 Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by Just2endowed2(m): 4:55pm On May 11, 2019
What about ibom and port Harcourt sea port... That's what should have been develop
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by netpro(m): 4:57pm On May 11, 2019
Deathisfree:
Another strategy to steal money

sigiyaya:
Another scam just like Ogoni clean up grin grin

Bitter PDP thugs. Every good news in Nigeria cause you guys heartache.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by Bossgirl733: 4:58pm On May 11, 2019
Fishing money laundering grin naija I hail oo

See my Signature grin grin
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by Blue3k(m): 4:59pm On May 11, 2019
Just2endowed2:
What about ibom and port Harcourt sea port... That's what should have been develop

Ibom was concessioned recently they're discussing terms. The FG only cares about deep seaports that wont require much dredging now. The new deep seaports in the FG's pipeline include Lekki, Ibom, Badagry and Warri.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by Lumig: 5:02pm On May 11, 2019
Nathdoug201:
Another way for Buhari goons to syphoon funds
See this enemy of good news. Someone please hold him for me, he must be flogged...

Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by Iampryde(m): 5:03pm On May 11, 2019
Ameachi "you can't remember how much you spent" There's no country in the world with it's leaders as useless as that of Nigeria, NONE!!!
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by wink2015(m): 5:04pm On May 11, 2019
The Minister of Transportation, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, said the Federal Government has approved the construction for Warri seaport at the cost of about $3.9bn and also awarded the contract for the Abuja-Warri rail line.

Amaechi told the News Agency of Nigeria on Tuesday in Abuja that government also approved the linking of Abuja to Itakpe, Itakpe-Warri, then from Warri rail to the seaport.

“The President awarded the contract for Abuja to Warri, Abuja to Itakpe, then to Warri. From the Warri rail to the seaport. We are building a new seaport in Warri, the cabinet approved it last week, that is about $3.9bn,” he said.

He, however, said that about $45bn was needed to complete rail development in the country.

He said that once Lagos-Kano, Port Harcourt-Maiduguri, Lagos-Calabar and Abuja-Warri rail lines were constructed, the rail would have covered the country.

According to him, the government has not spent over $3bn so far on all the ongoing projects.

The Lagos-Ibadan will cost about $1.6bn, that doesn’t include the extra cost of things we didn’t prepare for or see in the evaluation; Abuja-Kaduna was constructed with about $1bn.

“We also paid $500m to buy locomotives and rolling stocks for Lagos-Ibadan; I can’t remember how much we spent buying rolling stocks for Kaduna-Abuja.”

Source: https://nipc.gov.ng/2019/05/09/federal-government-approves-3-9bn-for-warri-seaport/

AFTER THEY HAVE EATEN THE BEST PART OF THE SOUP.

THEY ARE NOW LEAVING BOTTOM POT FOR THE NIGER DELTA REGION.

The goose that lays the golden egg has been neglected by Buhari administration and previous other administration.

As God Almighty has touched their heart to extend railway line to the Niger Delta region we still give the federal government some kudos in the back for a decision that should have come much more earlier than now.
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by selemo: 5:05pm On May 11, 2019
Nathdoug201:
Another way for Buhari goons to syphoon funds
The black monkeys will embezzle and leaving their people to migrate to Europe where they will shouting racism... angry angry angry angry
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by Nathdoug201: 5:05pm On May 11, 2019
Lumig:
See this enemy of good news. Someone please hold him for me, he must be flogged...
where is the 1 billion dollar for ammunition
Where are the ammunition zombie
Our soldiers are dying every day
But zombies keep giving the lifeless one accolade
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by Nathdoug201: 5:06pm On May 11, 2019
selemo:
The black monkeys will embezzle and leaving their people to migrate to Europe where they will shouting racism... angry angry angry angry
pathetic human race

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by OVIHINNO(m): 5:07pm On May 11, 2019
God bless PMB

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by dingbang(m): 5:08pm On May 11, 2019
Same thing they told us about ogoni clean up.
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by shigoawesu(m): 5:20pm On May 11, 2019
NoSidonLook:
Billions this Billions that

Oyo dry port worth billions

Warri seaport worth billions

Kaduna dry port worth billions

2nd Niger Bridge worth billions

Yet majority of the citizens are still impoverished

This was what Mr Bill Gates preached against last time he visited...in his words: "it's not bad to make provisions for innfastructural projects...but it's of no use if there's no human empowerment and projects to back it up."

Of what use is all these when the masses are still living below the $1 daily meal
So you prefer the money to be siphon like before right?
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by mapet: 5:28pm On May 11, 2019
Blue3k:
This port will probably be more efficient than Ibom deep seaport. It will already have rail lines thst move noth south. Ibom deep seaport needs the same.

I wonder how people will complain about this development.

Fantastic. The only fear I exercise is that of security. Niger-Delta warlords will pain in the neck.....shippers will be afraid and volume of "traffic" may not be up to scale
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by mapet: 5:31pm On May 11, 2019
NoSidonLook:
Billions this Billions that

Oyo dry port worth billions

Warri seaport worth billions

Kaduna dry port worth billions

2nd Niger Bridge worth billions

Yet majority of the citizens are still impoverished

This was what Mr Bill Gates preached against last time he visited...in his words: "it's not bad to make provisions for innfastructural projects...but it's of no use if there's no human empowerment and projects to back it up."

Of what use is all these when the masses are still living below the $1 daily meal

I hope it will not be too late when you discover that depth of "unintelligence" in the post of yours as it relates to the topic. You think adding "Bill Gates" gives it any credibility?

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by bewise24: 5:34pm On May 11, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Where are the SouthSouth/SouthEast crew mainly from the south East cheesy
OGONI CLEAN UP PROJECT ATTRACTED COMMENDATION LIKE THIS. HAS THE CLEAN UP BEEN DONE?
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by AmTruth: 5:36pm On May 11, 2019
Iamgrey5:
I beg of you people. South-South are not Haters of Nigeria.
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by Destroyerofyeeb: 5:43pm On May 11, 2019
They are still busy wailing about ibadan dry port.useless things
Iamgrey5:

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by integrity16(m): 5:47pm On May 11, 2019
bewise24:
OGONI CLEAN UP PROJECT ATTRACTED COMMENDATION LIKE THIS. HAS THE CLEAN UP BEEN DONE?
go and ask the ogoni people, they are responsible for the delay. They want the clean up money shared within themselves.
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 11, 2019
mapet:

I hope it will not be too late when you discover that depth of "unintelligence" in the post of yours as it relates to the topic. You think adding "Bill Gates" gives it any credibility?

I'm not responsible for your lack of understanding

Now gtfo
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 11, 2019
Amaechi is the superstar minister!! That other so called super minister always speaking English up and down has achieved nothing. No light in my area for the last 2 months.
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 11, 2019
shigoawesu:

So you prefer the money to be siphon like before right?

"it's not bad to make provisions for innfastructural projects...but it's of no use if there's no human empowerment and projects to back it up."

It's not about preference

I'm not saying all these projects are not worth it

But what's the essence of building a castle for a beggar when you he still finds it hard to feed himself

While the govt is busy with infastructural projects...they should also complement it with human empowerment
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by Xander85: 6:07pm On May 11, 2019
Chukwurah003:
Some people are sad everyday because Buhari won. I want to assure them that their sadness has just started. If they don’t want progress in Nigeria they can never find happiness. Una go hate tire. grin

That’s the problem with you Nigerians....you’re in perpetual ‘election mode’! You view everything....EVERYTHING through the prism of power-play, who’s won and lost, and which religion/region/ethnicity has gained the upper-hand over the other/s!

This same gloating ‘we-won...you-lost’ attitude you exhibited after the 2015 elections (and everyone has seen how you’ve governed Nigeria since then) is the very same attitude you’re using after the farcical 2019 elections, even when it’s apparent you haven’t got a clue how to govern or unite a country as huge and complex as Nigeria!

And when are you going to stop pretending to be Igbo and answer you real papa name!? Chukwurah indeed!

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 11, 2019
Blue3k:

They will find a way. Trust me.
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by Blue3k(m): 6:10pm On May 11, 2019
mapet:

Fantastic. The only fear I exercise is that of security. Niger-Delta warlords will pain in the neck.....shippers will be afraid and volume of "traffic" may not be up to scale

The government would have be incompetent to not strengthen naval power to avoid this issue. They're aware of the piracy and sea robbery problem.
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by rottennaija(m): 6:12pm On May 11, 2019
Blue3k:
This port will probably be more efficient than Ibom deep seaport. It will already have rail lines thst move noth south. Ibom deep seaport needs the same.

I don't think. Ibom seaport is a deep seaport! Warri might not be that deep
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by healthyguy(m): 6:13pm On May 11, 2019
AWESOME....

Meanwhile, Do you Want to Learn how to use Organic Honey AND Lemon to Get a Flawless, Clear and Smooth face?
I have just written a New Book And I want to give it to 50 people FREE.
I will then DELETE this post and start selling it for N3,500
But if you are FAST, you can get it today free of charge. Yes, 100% FREE

Click Here to Learn How they did it � http:///remove-pimples

It will be sent to your messenger inbox
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by selemo: 6:19pm On May 11, 2019
Nathdoug201:
pathetic human race
Thanks for that.
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by follock007(m): 6:20pm On May 11, 2019
Federal = Feeder/Father/Feather/First/Fat/Fit/Pit (pity Heart or Petty Shop)
Government = Go-Finance/Covenant/Souvenir/Seven-up (7- Saturn - Adam)
Aproval = Adopt/Support (Kaput = K- Potassium -element 19 = 1+9 = 20. 20 = 2+0 = 2 or 11. 11 = Sodium- Soda/Soldier)
3.9 = 3+9 = 12, = 1+2 = 3 (Venus-Eve)
for Warri = War-river/Mud/Erosion/Dirt-Out-of-date-water (Out of dirt = Water & Clay = Man)
Seaport = Seapant/Seerpant-Apron/Ape (6-Jupiter- Serpent)

Earth means Heart and then Eight = 8
Uranus is planet 8 who MATE (Hammer) with Eight/Earth and broke its Heart in two parts. He runs off with 3 and Earth planet 5. Now Uranus is 11=2. Sooner, Earth borrows Saturn it's outer shell or Sickle-Secure which is 3 out of 5 or 2,3 to cut off Uranu's testicles, Which he did by injecting the Uranu's house to make it 11 + 3 = 14 the 4-6-4 or 4-0-4 formula. The first 3 (Venus-Bull-Taurus) from Eight or Earth shares 1 Nuclei and the other 3 (Venus-Laden-Libra) share the other 1 nuclei living Uranus as 6, while they become two 4s on both sides. Uranus is feeding both parties from Earth by sharing it's essence/life's source/arm... They are going to eventually reduce Uranus, formally 8 but now 6-Jupiter to 0 with Saturn secretly taking the Lion share.

6 = Wisdom. 9 = Death. Wise Solomon had 300 real wives attaching with 700 concubine = Con-Combine = Conscience. (Remember the queen of sheeba from Ethiopia? or probably river Ethiope in warri? grin )

Testicle = Test Ice = Test Heart (Heart = Arch = Ice = Ico/Icle). = Uranus testicle for MATE(Parley/Friendship), RAPE EARTH/HEART (Repent)
Test = Chest(Coffin-Coven) = Church

Pity Heart = Planet earth as 5. (5 resembles a heart broken person who is kneeling down with heads down)
Petty Shop = Counter (Counter = Reaction = Revote = Sensor = Counselor = Judge. Planet 3 representing Libra from the house of common)

WHITE MAN WILL SAY, NOW WE ARE EVEN (EVE = 2). KARMA embarassed

Cool huh grin grin grin
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by Blue3k(m): 6:20pm On May 11, 2019
rottennaija:
I don't think. Ibom seaport is a deep seaport! Warri might not be that deep

Ibom deep seaport is being designed to accommodate panamax vessels. Its indeed going to be a deep seaport. The port will be 15 meters.

http://idsp.ak.gov.ng/overview-of-ibom-deep-sea-port.php

http://ppp.icrc.gov.ng/project/55
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by Gforce2019: 6:27pm On May 11, 2019
sigiyaya:
Another scam just like Ogoni clean up grin grin

Wetin your broda GEJ did for you? Aboki came on-board and he is making attempt you still dey spew out trash....

The bomb wey go hit you where you dey no get mercy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Samuel Akintola's 110th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Buratai, Ex-Service Chiefs Failed Because They Were Involved In Politics – Wike / PDP Wins All 32 Seats In Rivers State House Of Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.