Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,895 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport (18488 Views)

FG Approves $3.02bn For Port Harcourt- Maiduguri Rail Line / FG Releases N14.9bn For Retirees’ Accrued Rights / Breaking News :IMF Approves $3.4bn RFI To Support Nigeria’s COVID-19 Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by erico2k2(m): 7:59pm On May 11, 2019
lexy2014:

Pls read my post again & c how I used d word "closed".

D info on d links u have provided doesn't say d port is shallow or deep. What u should have done was to provide d minimum dimension of what u will consider a deep sea port& compare with d dimension of Warrior port
The i nfo that guy gave you is accurate, the only problems of Onne and Warri seaports are Underutilisation, if more vessels chose to land there then the port is game, however, the Fg cannot force this!unless the introduce a policy to force this.
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by zabuur: 8:00pm On May 11, 2019
erico2k2:

4 years now what % have them in power now achieved??/ is the Ibadan logos xpress fixed?

Only d few words u used to express yourself has said a whole lot about u.
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 11, 2019
SouthSouth1914:

Big elephant project in the making
How is warri sea port an elephant project?
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 11, 2019
chloride6:
Thank you Sir..

Omo Agege bringing home the bacon
Shut up, this has nothing to do with omo agege, the port it's not in his constituency?
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 11, 2019
NoSidonLook:
Billions this Billions that

Oyo dry port worth billions

Warri seaport worth billions

Kaduna dry port worth billions

2nd Niger Bridge worth billions

Yet majority of the citizens are still impoverished

This was what Mr Bill Gates preached against last time he visited...in his words: "it's not bad to make provisions for innfastructural projects...but it's of no use if there's no human empowerment and projects to back it up."

Of what use is all these when the masses are still living below the $1 daily meal

Infrastructure projects are mostly elaborate ruses for siphoning cash out of the treasury.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by erico2k2(m): 8:22pm On May 11, 2019
zabuur:

Only d few words u used to express yourself has said a whole lot about u.
You might be surprised cos these few words summarised the minute thinking of the vast majority of Nigerians who by all means think FG is working. As you can see, even in a few words you fail to address a very simple question let alone complex one.This was how one Idiota came on Live TV to say Fixing the power problem was not rocket science when in fact he cant do nada,
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by Dreadful: 8:22pm On May 11, 2019
Mazi Nnamdi Kanu God'll bless you anywhere you are. His factors are paying off.
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 11, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

Infrastructure projects are mostly elaborate ruses for siphoning cash out of the treasury.

Very true bro
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by Sinach0191(m): 8:42pm On May 11, 2019
$3.9bn for warri port

$250 million for Ibadan port

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by lexy2014: 8:42pm On May 11, 2019
erico2k2:

The i nfo that guy gave you is accurate, the only problems of Onne and Warri seaports are Underutilisation, if more vessels chose to land there then the port is game, however, the Fg cannot force this!unless the introduce a policy to force this.

Am not saying d info he provided is wrong. If u check my initial query, I asked y is warri port underutilized? and that spending $3.9b on a new port isn't justified when d existing one is underutilized. If d new port is built will it not suffer d same fate based on what u have just said? Unfortunately, d guy left d issues I raised& started talking about shallow port. So I sent him on an errand
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by Rossikk(m): 8:45pm On May 11, 2019
SocialJustice:
I hope money won't disappear with nothing to show but excuses in the end. Nice development.

Erm....THAT doesn't happen under Buhari.
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by Rossikk(m): 8:47pm On May 11, 2019
Sinach0191:
$3.9bn for warri port

$250 million for Ibadan port

Ibadan is a dry port, and so less expensive to build.
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by lexy2014: 8:48pm On May 11, 2019
Blue3k:

Ok ipob buhari wont allow this project because kanu told you. The project been approved and there's already seaports in pipeline. Who cares if buhari doesnt finish project the next government will complete it. Jonathan approved ibom deep seaport and now it fell to next administration to finish work.

• projects north dont stop project in south
• the news isnt propaganda because kanu didnt inform you.
• Buhari gave permission and Anaechi is carrying out projects.

Weird even with depth chart in your face you still dont get it. Ok I'll privide you will the links so you can read. If you dont see the difference after this theres no helping you.

http://nigerianports.gov.ng/delta/beth-characteristics/

http://nigerianports.gov.ng/tincan/berth-characteristics/

I don't need 2 get it cos even u don't no how to organise ur info to buttress d point u say u are making. If u cast ur mind to my initial post, I was talking about utilization. Whether d present Warri port is shallow or deep, d issue is y is it presently underutilized? Will d new port b better patronised? Will d present port b closed when d new port is opened?
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by erico2k2(m): 8:51pm On May 11, 2019
lexy2014:

Am not saying d info he provided is wrong. If u check my initial query, I asked y is warri port underutilized? and that spending $3.9b on a new port isn't justified when d existing one is underutilized. If d new port is built will it not suffer d same fate based on what u have just said? Unfortunately, d guy left d issues I raised& started talking about the shallow port. So I sent him on an errand
Well I agree with part of what you said, cos in reality Im actually surprised by saying they are building a new port WHERE?? cos the port of warri is functioning fully to what it can handle.People import fru there for things used in that region.The Issue of shallowness was raised by some govt official when it came to expansion and it was a political move to kill the port. The dredging has been left to private investors in the region.I sense this as another Scam if indeed these monies are to be paid or else story as usual. Onne Port is there whats the use of Warri port if not people growing some sense of entitlement that doesn't exist.
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by Blue3k(m): 8:55pm On May 11, 2019
lexy2014:

I don't need 2 get it cos even u don't no how to organise ur info to buttress d point u say u are making. If u cast ur mind to my initial post, I was talking about utilization. Whether d present Warri port is shallow or deep, d issue is y is it presently underutilized? Will d new port b better patronised? Will d present port b closed when d new port is opened?

You didnt know port was shallow because you refused to educate yourself on topic. It tells me you dont know anything about the other ports in country. Bigger vessels wont opperate in shallow water. The new port will be patronized since it will be a deep sea port. The only other reason it isnt being patronized would be security issues.

What does opened or closed mean in your mind? None of the ports are cosing down because a new one is being built.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by zabuur: 9:03pm On May 11, 2019
erico2k2:

You might be surprised cos these few words summarised the minute thinking of the vast majority of Nigerians who by all means think FG is working. As you can see, even in a few words you fail to address a very simple question let alone complex one.This was how one Idiota came on Live TV to say Fixing the power problem was not rocket science when in fact he cant do nada,

Take a ride on Lagos-ibadan express way then come back here. I'll gladly and conveniently pay for all ur expenses if u feel the ride was a waste of time
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by SouthSouth1914: 9:10pm On May 11, 2019
charliboy654:

How is warri sea port an elephant project?

With the Nigerian government, talk is cheap. They can talk from morning, noon day and night no implementation. What happened to the Niger bridge??
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by erico2k2(m): 9:12pm On May 11, 2019
zabuur:

Take a ride on Lagos-ibadan express way then come back here. I'll gladly and conveniently pay for all ur expenses if u feel the ride was a waste of time
You lot will just come here and type trash just cos you have the network, I drove fru that Road circa Ikeja to PHC November just gone, I only came off it at teh shagamu fly over to join the lagos Bennin xpress, so what changed?
FYI, I don't enter buses, I drive or fly.SLippers get sises
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by adekolaelect(m): 9:27pm On May 11, 2019
Deathisfree:
Another strategy to steal money
As your ex leaders do .some peoples' brain was customized for hatred and criticism.

Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by biztip: 9:33pm On May 11, 2019
sorry to those who believe this news
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by lexy2014: 9:38pm On May 11, 2019
Blue3k:

You didnt know port was shallow because you refused to educate yourself on topic. It tells me you dont know anything about the other ports in country. Bigger vessels wont opperate in shallow water. The new port will be patronized since it will be a deep sea port. The only other reason it isnt being patronized would be security issues.

What does opened or closed mean in your mind? None of the ports are cosing down because a new one is being built.

Since u no that d port is shallow, have u grown taller, fatter or shorter? Have u become more handsome & wealthier because u no that d port is shallow? Since u no everything about d other ports, how many of ur containers have berthed there& how much have u made based on that knowledge? With all ur knowledge, u still don't no what open & close means?
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by Blue3k(m): 9:45pm On May 11, 2019
lexy2014:

Since u no that d port is shallow, have u grown taller, fatter or shorter? Have u become more handsome & wealthier because u no that d port is shallow? Since u no everything about d other ports, how many of ur containers have berthed there& how much have u made based on that knowledge? With all ur knowledge, u still don't no what open & close means?

It stops me from asking obvious questions common sense would answer. Most people dont substitute word closed for underutilized. It's must be local slang in your hood. The ports never been closed so I dont know why you keep laboring the issue.

Anyway if you have more questions about port go to npa website. Its that simple.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by lexy2014: 9:59pm On May 11, 2019
Blue3k:

It stops me from asking obvious questions common sense would answer. Most people dont substitute word closed for underutilized. It's must be local slang in your hood. The ports never been closed so I dont know why you keep laboring the issue.

Anyway if you have more questions about port go to npa website. Its that simple.

Pls find below my initial post were I used d word closed. U will c that u barely understood what I said. Maybe u were too much in a hurry to respond that u didn't read properly.

"Is there presently anything wrong with d port that is in Warri? Y is Warri port wastinh away when it can b put 2 use 2 presently help decongest Lagos port? If an entirely new port is built at d cost of $3.9b, will d old port b closed?"

Can u tell me how d last sentence suggests " underutilization? Or is it King James English u are using 2 interpret what I said?

So in essence, ur so called knowledge of all d ports in nigeria hasn't really bettered ur life. Then y were u boasting when u have nothing to show 4 it? So u aren't better off than a person who doesn't no.
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by lexy2014: 10:00pm On May 11, 2019
Blue3k:

Pls find below my initial post were I used d word closed. U will c that u barely understood what I said. Maybe u were too much in a hurry to respond that u didn't read properly.

"Is there presently anything wrong with d port that is in Warri? Y is Warri port wastinh away when it can b put 2 use 2 presently help decongest Lagos port? If an entirely new port is built at d cost of $3.9b, will d old port b closed?"

Can u tell me how d last sentence suggests " underutilization? Or is it King James English u are using 2 interpret what I said?

So in essence, ur so called knowledge of all d ports in nigeria hasn't really bettered ur life. Then y were u boasting when u have nothing to show 4 it? So u aren't better off than a person who doesn't no.
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by Blue3k(m): 10:23pm On May 11, 2019
lexy2014:

Ok I've already answered that question multiple times already. None of the ports have been closed and would be ckosed because a new one is built. They're not closing tin can because of lekki. They're not closing Onne because of Ibom so why would you even believe this?

Being ignorant about topic you wish comment on isnt beneficial. Why did you continue asking to be spoon fed information port depth like a child if you knew answer? The NPA website can assist with more answers if you're still interested .

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by lexy2014: 10:35pm On May 11, 2019
Blue3k:

Ok I've already answered that question multiple times already. None of the ports have been closed and would be ckosed because a new one is built. They're not closing tin can because of lekki. They're not closing Onne because of Ibom so why would you even believe this?

Being ignorant about topic you wish comment on isnt beneficial. Why did you continue asking to be spoon fed information port depth like a child if you knew answer? The NPA website can assist with more answers if you're still interested .

But u were interpreting "closed'" as "underutilized"? How do u claim 2no when u don't even no d difference between "closed" & "underutilized"? That's very shocking.

U haven't been able to show me how ur level of knowledge is better than my ignorance. Ur knowledge on d topic hasnt given u a job, it hasn't made u richer, it hasn't made u fatter, slimmer or more handsome. It hasn't done anything 4u. So ur life hasn't been uplifted as a result of ur so called knowledge. So am at a loss as to ur emphasis on ur knowledge as against my ignorance when u have nothing to show 4 ur knowledge
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by Blue3k(m): 10:56pm On May 11, 2019
lexy2014:

But u were interpreting "closed'" as "underutilized"? How do u claim 2no when u don't even no d difference between "closed" & "underutilized"? That's very shocking.

U haven't been able to show me how ur level of knowledge is better than my ignorance. Ur knowledge on d topic hasnt given u a job, it hasn't made u richer, it hasn't made u fatter, slimmer or more handsome. It hasn't done anything 4u. So ur life hasn't been uplifted as a result of ur so called knowledge. So am at a loss as to ur emphasis on ur knowledge as against my ignorance when u have nothing to show 4 ur knowledge

Ok cool your questions have been answered. My mistake acknowledged. If you take pride in being ignorant like a child have fun. I didnt know this was such a source of pride for you. Please dont change stay uniformed and ask elementary questions. I wont argue this life choice of yours.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by lexy2014: 11:14pm On May 11, 2019
Blue3k:

Ok cool your questions have been answered. My mistake acknowledged. If you take pride in being ignorant like a child have fun. I didnt know this was such a source of pride for you. Please dont change stay uniformed and ask elementary questions. I wont argue this life choice of yours.

Oga I didn't say am not ignorant. In fact, I agree with u absolutely. But how can a guy who is calling me ignorant not no d difference between "closed" & "underutilized"? Am still in shock. Moreso that with all ur knowledge about Nigerian ports ur life hasn't been uplifted one bit not even above an inch. Ur knowledge hasn't earned any accolades, it hasn't earned u not even new boxers or recharge card or free hair cut. Am just wondering what exactly are u celebrating in d knowledge that u have?
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by lexy2014: 11:20pm On May 11, 2019
Blue3k:

Oga I didn't say am not ignorant. In fact, I agree with u absolutely. But how can a guy who is calling me ignorant not no d difference between "closed" & "underutilized"? Am still in shock. Moreso that with all ur knowledge about Nigerian ports ur life hasn't been uplifted one bit not even above an inch. Ur knowledge hasn't earned u any accolades, it hasn't earned u even new boxers or recharge card or free hair cut. Am just wondering what exactly are u celebrating in d knowledge that u have?
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by Blue3k(m): 11:24pm On May 11, 2019
lexy2014:

Oga I didn't say am not ignorant. In fact, I agree with u absolutely. But how can a guy who is calling me ignorant not no d difference between "closed" & "underutilized"? Am still in shock. Moreso that with all ur knowledge about Nigerian ports ur life hasn't been uplifted one bit not even above an each. Ur knowledge hasn't earned any accolades, it hasn't earned u not even new boxers or recharge card or free hair cut. Am just wondering what exactly are u celebrating in d knowledge that u have?

Lol I've ignorance must be virtue in your commuity if you can advocate for it ceaselessly. Its probably the custom of the society you grew up in. Again I won't argue against your life choice.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by lexy2014: 11:45pm On May 11, 2019
Blue3k:

Lol I've ignorance must be virtue in your commuity if you can advocate for it ceaselessly. Its probably the custom of the society you grew up in. Again I won't argue against your life choice.

I agree. It is. But u still haven't told me how a guy as knowledgeable as u can't different between "closed" and "underutilized". U still haven't told me how ur life has been uplifted by reason of ur knowledge of Nigerian ports. U still haven't told me how ur knowledge of Nigerian ports has enabled 2 pay ur bills. U still haven't told me how ur knowledge of Nigerian ports has improved ur looks or added 2 ur height or made u loose. What tangible has accrued to u so far? Should I say none?
Re: Federal Government Approves $3.9bn For Warri Seaport by Blue3k(m): 11:52pm On May 11, 2019
lexy2014:

I agree. It is. But u still haven't told me how a guy as knowledgeable as u can't different between "closed" and "underutilized". U still haven't told me how ur life has been uplifted by reason of ur knowledge of Nigerian ports. U still haven't told me how ur knowledge of Nigerian ports has enabled 2 pay ur bills. U still haven't told me how ur knowledge of Nigerian ports has improved ur looks or added 2 ur height or made u loose. What tangible has accrued to u so far? Should I say none?

Lol if ignorance is life choice just enjoy yourself. There's no point debating it. It seems your insecure if you feel need to keep asking questions like im your father. I'll answer if you're honestly in need of guidence if not I'll just ignore you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo Briefs Buhari On Economic Sustainability Plan (Photos) / Che Oyinatumba: Support Sowore Instead Of 'Capitalist' Peter Obi / Trash That National Water Resources Bill 2020 - Guardian News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.