Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,654 members, 7,809,477 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? (7483 Views)

A Guide To Find The True Church - A Guide To The Old Paths / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? by KidsNEXTdoor: 12:01pm On May 12, 2019
hahn:

How does this relate with the existence of heaven? undecided

If there is bad
There must be good

1 Like

Re: Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? by Kokoebapluse(m): 12:27pm On May 12, 2019
Going to church. Still you will still enter hell. Because Jesus told you in your Bible that ( not all those who call him Lord shall see kingdom of God, but those who do the will of God ( father) )

Asked yourself do you accept will of God in your life? And according to your Bible when Jesus pray to God to save him from death, after prayer Jesus said ( not as I wish but as you wish)

One of pillar of faith in Islam is to believe in Kadar ( will of God). If you don't believe in the will of God you will go to hell.

I will just advise you to come and learn more in Islam. No Islam no paradise
Re: Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 1:21pm On May 12, 2019
expert234:

You want to mislead others with your blindness, abi?

What happened to Hebrews 10:25 that says you shouldn't forsake the gathering of the brethren?

Has it been torn away from your Bible?

Do you even read the Bible at all?

It's disgusting when half-baked Christians start commenting on the things of God sha.

Oga is it God that said so??
So one can't serve God alone??

Besides people can gather together in a place to serve God without necessarily going to church.
Re: Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? by Omooba77: 1:32pm On May 12, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Oga is it God that said so??
So one can't serve God alone??

Besides people can gather together in a place to serve God without necessarily going to church.
Any gathering of God's people is Church
Re: Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 1:34pm On May 12, 2019
Omooba77:
Any gathering of God's people is Church
But most Christians believe church is a structure.
Re: Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? by farem: 2:07pm On May 12, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:
No. There is no where in the Bible God said w e should go to church.
God didn't tell us to go to any business centre. Most churches of today are just money making ventures for conmen and fraudsters.

God looks at your heart and good deeds. Most people who go to church do the most abominable things.

Doom is the lot of those who would decide to listen to you and not the word of God!

Hebrews 10:25
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Re: Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? by MissRaine69(f): 2:41pm On May 12, 2019
Omooba77:
Many people believed that being a member of church qualifies them for heaven.
My qyestion is Is going to church a guarantee of making heaven?
No.
Re: Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? by femi4: 2:48pm On May 12, 2019
Omooba77:
No, but not going to Church also put a question mark on you as a Christian

A true Christian will have no problem going to Church
Re: Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? by Heathen777(m): 2:58pm On May 12, 2019
Seriously, even though I'm an ExChristian, some christians here ask the most ludicrous question.

The answer though is no, no one goes to heaven, because there is no such thing as heaven.
Re: Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? by mechanics(m): 4:11pm On May 12, 2019
Yes, because it is the same Word of God we hear in church that will take the believers to heaven.
Re: Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? by denitro(m): 6:00pm On May 12, 2019
Unless one is below the age of accountability (8 years old), if someone dies, and the person hasn't
been baptised by one having authority, the person can NEVER enter into paradise.
Christ even though he was sinless went to be baptised. (Do you think you can give a good enough excuse
as to why you were not baptised?)
The true church is a custodian of these saving ordinances (Baptism, Receiving the gift of the Hosy Ghost),
without going to church, you ensure that you will never receive baptism and as will NEVER be permitted into
paradise.
NO UNCLEAN THING CAN ENTER
Re: Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? by sonmvayina(m): 6:20pm On May 12, 2019
If there was a heaven, let's assume there is one and the white man knows the way there.. Do you think he will tell a black man about it?...
Since they brought the religion to us, has a black man been canonised a Saint

When we die, we all go and have a good sleep with our ancestors..

Heaven and hell was created by the Romans as a tool for control.. Christianity is idolatry and was created as an insult against God almighty.

1 Like

Re: Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? by clemz85(m): 7:20pm On May 12, 2019
olsome:
Going to church doesn't guarantee heaven, and not going to church guarantees hell fire because it is disobedience or laxity to God..

Church is a place to here God's word so that you can be refreshed spiritually and be prepared for heaven; and God wants you to be refreshed spiritually...You are also free to choose the church you want, if the church is not after money, greed and evil; but after God's word.

You have no excuse not to go to church. If you don't like a church, change the church!!!

Church does not guarantee heaven, it is just a place God wants you to be to hear his word, grow spiritually, use your talents to flourish his work and study how to make heaven.....

Heaven is person race!!

Keep contradicting your self, not going to church takes you to hell, then going to church doesn't take you to heaven,

So before religion and church the people that existed before Jesus didn't go to heaven?

Religious dogma and band wagon believe
Re: Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? by akdjr(m): 7:21pm On May 12, 2019
It only quarantee u of having it members present at ur funeral.
Re: Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? by Ayasayas(m): 7:53pm On May 12, 2019
No except a man be born again he can not see the kingdom of God.
Re: Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? by omojeesu(m): 10:10pm On May 12, 2019
Omooba77:

No! Being born again is.

But the Church is essentially family of God of which you are a member. Unfortunately a portion of what is called Church doesn't belong to Jesus especially today.

Nonetheless we are encouraged not to abandon gathering together especially as the day of Christ's return draws near.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? by Omooba77: 6:42am On May 13, 2019
omojeesu:

No! Being born again is.

But the Church is essentially family of God of which you are a member. Unfortunately a portion of what is called Church doesn't belong to Jesus especially today.

Nonetheless we are encouraged not to abandon gathering together especially as the day of Christ's return draws near.

You have said it all sir/ma, God bless you!
Re: Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? by Whispereye: 1:23pm On May 13, 2019
Going to church does not necessarily guarantee you entry to heaven. The Good Book indicates that men will go to church by acts of righteousness. If you go to church but you still sin, your place is in hell. If you don't go to church, you are disobedient to God's instruction on fellowship of brethren
Re: Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 6:01am On Jul 18, 2021
Omooba77:
On the contrary, since your churches are built instead on the traditions and doctrines of men, which Jesus Christ clearly taught all were an abomination to God, going to church disqualifies you from making it into Heaven. undecided

Instead, they adequately mark you as candidate for the other side, the antichrist side which is Hell. undecided
Re: Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 6:03am On Jul 18, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:
Going to Church improves your spiritual life with God and not a guarantee grin
Some Boys dey go hunt babes for church.
I Miss Our Lady of Perpetual Help Cathedral church Makurdi
sad
Your churches are built on the doctrines and traditions of men, that which Jesus Christ declared were antichrist and an abomination to God. So what good can come of that which is against God? None!

Going to church only marks you ready for Hell, not Heaven. undecided
Re: Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 6:05am On Jul 18, 2021
Hakeem12:
nobody knows, but many will claim to

How you get to heaven is soteriology, put two sotriologists together and you will find at least three opinions on the matter. This has been going on for thousands of years and nobody is any closer to the solution....which is a bit a clue.

The trouble is nobody has an example of a heaven to study to find how out how one does or does not get there. This means that all we have to go on is baseless speculation with no way to verify any of it. Hence the disagreements.

Opinions differ, many Protestants believe you are saved if you accept Jesus Christ as your savior and sincerely attempt to follow the rules and repent your subsequent sins. Some have additional conditions.

The trouble is, nobody has been able to come up with an objective way to verify that their beliefs are true, no one. That would be pretty important to the question, since if you choose wrong, they all agree something bad happens.

All you can do is you best live a good life and hope that the God that exists, if He exists is a good one. Else, he would cast the devout to the lake of fire for mere eavesdropping

Your churches are built on the doctrines and traditions of men, that which Jesus Christ declared were antichrist and an abomination to God. So what good can come of that which is against God? None!

Going to church only marks you down as one who is against God, guaranteeing you Hell and not Heaven. undecided
Re: Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 6:06am On Jul 18, 2021
grandstar:
Going to the right "Church" is

Going to church only assures you a place in Hell, not Heaven as that which is against God cannot be where God is. undecided
Re: Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 6:06am On Jul 18, 2021
codinight:
Why do you think any man is capable of answering your question. We don't even know why we're here on earth.

Going to church only assures you a place in Hell, not Heaven as that which is against God cannot be where God is. undecided
Re: Is Going To Church A Guarantee Of Making Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 6:08am On Jul 18, 2021
id911:
As a Christian, going to church is good but it's not a guarantee for anything. Your righteous did is what count. Religion or no religion, it doesn't stop man from attaining his height. That's my own understanding

I just had a very big argument with my elder sister this morning because I said I wasn't going to church today. She knows I'm no longer a kid and I can decide for myself but they are always saying I should have been bigger than I am if I took the issue of church serious but I don't believe in all those

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Watchtower Exposed! Disgusting Pliagarism~with Hardcore Evidence~ / Why Christianity Is The Only Religion For Me: A Logical Treatise On Religion / A Thread For Christians - Let's Put Critical Thought To Shame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.