Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,070 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? (15200 Views)

Palm Sunday: Ugandans Hired A White Man To Play Jesus For Them / Did You Notice Some Guys Who Play Instruments In Church Don't Give Offering? / When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? by Isholaade2895(m): 1:27pm On May 19, 2019
I play both drum set n talking drum, buh mostly talking drum

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? by diltstwoods(m): 1:29pm On May 19, 2019
JakesAy:
bass guitar..
if this are your instruments, you must be a pro. Awon eyan Israel Wooten, Abraham Laboriel, John Patitucci . I’m a good drummer .

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? by panpan(m): 1:34pm On May 19, 2019
Please, what is the difference (if any) between 'musical instruments' and 'church musical instruments'?
Re: Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? by diltstwoods(m): 1:36pm On May 19, 2019
Victoreal:

Piano? When all u play is 1,4,5... why won't it be easy.

Chord voicing (open and close) , improvisation, substitution, Fat chords, Runs, Riffs, Licks, fills, Movement, Blues scale, Major and minor scales, Jazz and blues and classical music, Talk music and many more.

Do all these ring a bell? Do you know all this and can you play on @least 6 keys? If not you are still you are still a novice.. its not all about d, f, s.... keyboard/piano is one of the most difficult instrument to learn.
pls do you have soft copy materials on chords and progressions that you won’t mind sharing ? Thank you
Re: Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? by BENEFICIAL12(m): 1:54pm On May 19, 2019
LET MY FELLOW BASSIST IN THE HOUSE GIVE ME A LIKE...
NOTE: IF YOU ARE NOT A PROFESSIONAL BASSIST DON'T TOUCH THE DIAL.
Re: Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? by Treasure17(m): 1:59pm On May 19, 2019
Can play piano and guitar a little sha but I major on drum set.

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? by eleojo23: 1:59pm On May 19, 2019
uuzba:

It's also a good thing for a composer to co-ordinate all the instruments and a conductor to direct them, otherwise, Nigerians in their typical boastful nature will all want to outshine each other. The drum will be so loud that we can't hear any other instruments. The singer will grab the mic and shout pass Celine Dion, we won't even hear the drum again.

That is a madhouse ....grin
Re: Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? by eleojo23: 2:01pm On May 19, 2019
maxiuc:
same keyboard in my church Yamaha x910 I won die untop the matter still no Sabi play anything apart from rock of ages clefts for me

Every day Na do do so so mi re do fa so la ti do

Abeg the thing tire me. Naso I give up

grin grin
Re: Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? by ernesterioo(f): 2:07pm On May 19, 2019
You are nothing but a fuuul when you will not study the book of psalms
Jaynom:
(1) The church didn't create musical instruments .
(2) What is the correlation between musical instruments and the gospel of Christ? What musical instrument do you think Christ played? We focus on very stupid things in Christianity! undecided smfh
Re: Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 19, 2019
jazon:
Keyboard

I've been playing in church for almost 20 years now
which key are you frequent on?
Re: Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? by GreatAchiever1: 2:21pm On May 19, 2019
For now none. But by the Grace of God, one day i'll learn how to play the guitar.
Re: Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? by Makschinchin: 2:40pm On May 19, 2019
nairalee:
Two instruments I'm very good at and professional in

1) I'm a rapid melodious and loud palm joiner (clapping)
2) I'm a rhythmical, artistic oral tuner (mouth whistler)

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

See as you even package your handwork professionally cheesy

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? by Makschinchin: 2:48pm On May 19, 2019
Jaynom:
(1) The church didn't create musical instruments .
(2) What is the correlation between musical instruments and the gospel of Christ? What musical instrument do you think Christ played? We focus on very stupid things in Christianity! undecided smfh

Is playing musical instruments in church along with praising God what you call 'stupid things in Christianity'??

I don't think there's anything wrong in using those musical instruments in church. If your church opposes it, it's fine, their choice. But please don't make it a general rule for others or throw shades at those who use them in their churches.

2Sam.6.5 - Then David and all the house of Israel played music before the LORD on all kinds of instruments of fir wood, on harps, on stringed instruments, on tambourines, on sistrums, and on cymbals.
Re: Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? by Makschinchin: 2:53pm On May 19, 2019
ernesterioo:
You are nothing but a fuuul when you will not study the book of psalms

Don't make the mistake of using curse words sir.. Two wrongs don't make a right. Correct him in God's love.. That's what a Christian ought to do
Re: Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? by clive2u(m): 2:55pm On May 19, 2019
Hands, i can clap em
Re: Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? by Sunnybabe(m): 3:00pm On May 19, 2019
emmabest2000:
Drummer’s please gather here grin
oya nah........ let's roll #awa_drummers

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? by Crossbow(m): 3:04pm On May 19, 2019
afilex:
pro lead guitarist!!!!!...

Bro I had it in mind to learn lead but it is like the market for string instruments favours bass more. I heard some churches pay bass guitarists 60-70k and often get called for studio sessions... Is there any market for lead guitarist.. Are you earning well Sir?
Re: Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? by Timagex(m): 3:07pm On May 19, 2019
I used to play drums. I'm a guitarist now cool

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? by Timagex(m): 3:13pm On May 19, 2019
jazon:
Keyboard

I've been playing in church for almost 20 years now
. Hello boss..... Do you teach? I wan learn sir... cool
Re: Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? by Timagex(m): 3:14pm On May 19, 2019
Earthquake3:
I play Guitar and a little of piano

Piano is the easiest instrument to learn
. Easiest to learn? Are you for real? shocked
Re: Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? by marhoinspire: 3:26pm On May 19, 2019
As a pastor son, I had the opportunity to learn various instruments like the piano, drums, lead and bass guitar, and presently i am learning the saxophone.

Re: Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? by omat20(m): 3:26pm On May 19, 2019
For me I play the conga. So I am a congist ;DFor me I play the conga. So I am a congist
Re: Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? by jazon(m): 3:29pm On May 19, 2019
Timagex:
. Hello boss..... Do you teach? I wan learn sir... cool

Sure
Re: Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? by omat20(m): 3:38pm On May 19, 2019
If you know you need a conga player in your church or event, kindly pm me. You will be glad you did.
Re: Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? by aalangel(f): 3:51pm On May 19, 2019
As a lady, I take pride in playing the jazz set and bass guitar..since I was like 13 or so...

1 Like

Re: Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? by tsmat(m): 3:55pm On May 19, 2019
Guitar
Re: Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? by Okitz: 4:30pm On May 19, 2019
I play guitar
Re: Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? by Timagex(m): 4:42pm On May 19, 2019
jazon:

Sure
. Where is ur location sir? Can we chat on whatsapp? cool
Re: Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? by jazon(m): 4:46pm On May 19, 2019
Timagex:
. Where is ur location sir? Can we chat on whatsapp? cool
Re: Which Of The Church Musical Instruments Do You Know How To Play? by BeauHomme: 4:48pm On May 19, 2019
My hands.
I clap very well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Avoid Sleeping In Church - Theabstracthoughts.com / We Won't Resign, Pastor Iluyomade, Wife Tell Pastor Adeboye / Photo: The Testimony Of The Unbeliever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.