Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial (18597 Views)

PDP Abandoned North East To Boko Haram – Senate President, Ahmad Lawan (Video) / PDP Abandoned 116 Water Projects Before Leaving Office In 2015 / Osunrerun: PDP Abandoned Davido & His Uncle To Fate. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by 5oyad: 11:08am On May 12, 2019
Meanwhile in the same abuja, then Governor wada was also building a 12 storey kogi house for just over 2 billion. He took it to the 12 th floor in 6 months. If PDP as a party cannot learn from it’s own governor how to be prudent- where will they ever learn from? PDP o, APC o, they are all the same rogues.

2 Likes

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by arogun78: 11:09am On May 12, 2019
They are waiting for Atiku so they can easily pad the 10 billion into our budget.

3 Likes

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by Xisnin(m): 11:09am On May 12, 2019
Fake news.

1 Like

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by alobright17(m): 11:12am On May 12, 2019
Obasanjo and Atiku no dey see the uncompleted building , maybe Buhari is the reason they never finish it . so where is the funds raised for it ? if they can chop 60 Billion power money and clean mouth, what then is 27 Billion ?. They're going to Build Nigeria they failed to build for 16yrs. Nonsense . APC is not the best but don't dare tell me PDP is the remedy .unless you're Bias and Myopic .

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by Harrynight(m): 11:14am On May 12, 2019
grin

I love this post eeh.... Don't Get it twisted, na d wey the op take compose the write-up really funny, interesting n was jus smiling reading

2 Likes

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by greatiyk4u(m): 11:19am On May 12, 2019
Shayetet13:
The money is in fixed deposit. It will come out at the right time. Op, how can you say that house is not up to 50%. What i am seeing in that structure is 75% complete. If you put in sincere 1billion in that building, it is completed

You dont know the cost of finishing and furnishing

Only block works and roofing done so far is what you call 75% completed?

5 Likes

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by Beetobee(f): 11:19am On May 12, 2019
This brings me to a saying by a character in the gods are not to blame; Odewole said;" If the crocodiles can eat up their own eggs, what can they not do to the body of the frog"? ...... Succinctly put!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by Omoboricash(m): 11:20am On May 12, 2019
Pavore9:
"The remaining N25billion was converted to yams & eaten up by goats of many breeds. Lol "... cheesy cheesy
Goats of many breeds, that phrase cut my attention, Hausa, Ibo, Ijaw,, Efik,Yoruba ........they all came together to siphon our collective money

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by Indomie001: 11:21am On May 12, 2019
Op you funny o grin

PDP----power grin
Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by MostHated: 11:22am On May 12, 2019
kings09:

And APC is doing what?

4years after, una still de blame PDP.

Bro biko who is to be blamed for PDP's decision to turn their building funds into yams like they did to every other funds they've come in contact with? APC? You? I? Please answer, no vex.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by Chukwurah003: 11:22am On May 12, 2019
PDP has nothing to offer Nigeria. They only want to resume looting but God pass them.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by Mace0lane: 11:23am On May 12, 2019
Every. PDP members especially Igbos understand that PDP is a curse unto their pathetic lives.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by kerzhim(m): 11:24am On May 12, 2019
All the fundraising was just publicity gra gra, it was meant to deceive Nigerians. Their major source of raising the fund was the CBN after the 2015 election. But Baba God sidown jeje dey watch their evil moves. After all the gra gra, Baba God just use Buhari scatter all their plans grin grin grin

"Man proposes and God disposes"

6 Likes

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by Chukwurah003: 11:24am On May 12, 2019
InaNla:
Useless news

E pain am hehehehe

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by kerzhim(m): 11:26am On May 12, 2019
kings09:

And APC is doing what?

4years after, una still de blame PDP.
Bros! E be like say you no sabi read. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by phantom24: 11:27am On May 12, 2019
are you a member of PDP? cos i've nt heard any complain from those contributors u mentioned. i'll advice u focuss on d failed promises of this APC govt. Cos 4years has alredy been wasted. dangote is building a refiner is he richer than nigeria?
lets assume pdp had failed bt what has the Apc-led FG succeded in doing since inception?

1 Like

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by sleemomymy: 11:39am On May 12, 2019
Let me talk in Hausa voice F DE F

1 Like

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by wirinet(m): 11:41am On May 12, 2019
kerzhim:
All the fundraising was just publicity gra gra, it was meant to deceive Nigerians. Their major source of raising the fund was the CBN after the 2015 election. But Baba God sidown jeje dey watch their evil moves. After all the gra gra, Baba God just use Buhari scatter all their plans grin grin grin

"Man proposses and God disposses"
Exactly! As OBJ used to say, money budgeted is not money available.
Most of the "Donations were publicity stunts. They were only mouth donations. Book launch, charity and even public church donations most times are mouth donations, the beneficiaries of the donations most times run after the donors to redeem their pledge, with little success.
The people pledging huge donations at PDP events were probably only trying to impress the president and probably the party chairman.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by shedy03(m): 11:54am On May 12, 2019
I hope APC govt of partial anti corruption fights will not revoke the C-of-O of the land and takeover the uncompleted structure, complete it and convert it to APC nation Secretariat.
We are watching.

1 Like

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by Olukat(m): 12:05pm On May 12, 2019
How much was actually paid by those who were at the event?
You should have reached out to Uncle Femi and others to know how much was released to PDP shocked shocked
This is one reason why people are so misled in this country, lack of proper investigation shocked shocked
This piece is targeted to rubbish PDP and nothing less...nonsense

2 Likes

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by hush15: 12:06pm On May 12, 2019
aremuforlife:
ABOUT YAM EATERS (PDP)

In 2008, the former PDP chairman Ahmadu Ali suggested a new Headquarters should be constructed for their party, PDP. The idea was welcomed by all party members.

A 12 story building was agreed upon. The former Vice President who at the time was the Governor of Kaduna State, Architect Namadi Sambo, designed the structure of the proposed new secretariat.

The contract was awarded to BNL construction firm for N10billion with a delivery date of two and half years. First quarter of that year, Ahmadu Ali was kicked out of office.

Then came a new PDP Nat. Chairman, Vincent Ogbulafor, who keyed into the idea of the new Secretariat by his predecessor. He quickly rallied round party members on how to raise funds.

By November 14, 2008, Ogbulafor organized a fundraising dinner for the N10billion needed to execute the project. On that night, N6billion was generated cash down. ��

Femi Otedola was the baba olowo in attendance. He was the highest donor. You know Femi Otedola na. Don't you? Ok! You remembered Farouk Lawal & subsidy money kwo? Ehen, na that Femi wey been dey swallow subsidy money that Farouk wanted to rope him before Femi come use akpako pass akpako on him. Femi single handedly donated N1billion to PDP on the night. No shaking! PDP! POWER!!!

This one no be dem say dem say, I watched that fund raising dinner live on AIT on that day. I saw the massive explosion of cheers when Femi announced his N1billion donation. ��

Back to my story jare.
So, five years later after the fundraising dinner, the secretariat was nowhere near 20% completion even though N6billion was raised for the project that was initially meant to be completed in 2 & a half years.

However, in October 2013, another former National Chairman of PDP, this time, it was Bamanga Tukur, he initiated fresh moves to re-mobilise the contractors back to site. How? Through fundraising of course. Are you a learner? �

In December 2014 a combined fundraising dinner was organized to raise funds for Mr. Jonathan's 2015 presidential election and for the building project. A mouth watering & mind boggling sum of N21 billion was realized at the event. Yes! You heard me right: N21billion. Is it ur N21billion? ����

I know a lot of us are not very good at mathematics, but let's do this quick maths.

N6billion + N21billion = N27billion. Blood of Moses! Meanwhile, the secretariat originally was meant to cost "only" N10billion.

Lest I forget to tell you, only N2billion was given to BNL construction company as mobilisation from the N6billion that was raised from the initial fundraising. Balance from there was N4billion. Therefore; N4billion + N21billion?

The remaining N25billion was converted to yams & eaten up by goats of many breeds. Lol ���

At the time I typed this post at 02:37am this morning, the new PDP headquarters in Abuja is still not 50% completed.

This brings me to a saying by a character in the gods are not to blame; Odewole said;" If the crocodiles can eat up their own eggs, what can they not do to the body of the frog"?

I'm begging all my PDP friends to take this message to Secondus, Fayose & Wike, PDP should finish building their secretariat in Abuja first before they come to build the entire Nigeria. Tankiu!

Credit: Osquare Okpanachi.
Copied

Lemme explain the politics behind those donations you mentioned. True they came up with those figures but it doeant imply they were physical cash. Those are promised amount that honestly, that wont come in whole. Otedola that promised 1billion may not have donated more than half of those figures because, he could have been dropping it in trenches and as the project progresses more is been gicen but obviously, even when you heard those figures, it sidnt mean the cobtributiob went as planned. what about the money for northeast during the campaign funds to re established the north east then... billions were heard but am not sure they got up to a third of the said amount.

Big men can promise heaven and earth o but all na mouth. they cant part with one dime of the money. thats the truth

1 Like

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by research56: 12:11pm On May 12, 2019
My Dear I don't think you have ever been in a fund raising committee here in Nigeria because from my experience (not political) some of those money pledged will never be redeemed. I have no knowledge of that of PDP though.

3 Likes

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by anonimi: 12:11pm On May 12, 2019
careytommy37:
Another distraction from incompetent bubu

You are too smart. A wise man indeed.
Blame, blame and more blame from the incompetent one and his thieving cabal.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6396604_1572451813814797352576887111381811889998107o_jpeg0ccad78b32103b0966750eee901eb7bf

1 Like

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by hush15: 12:16pm On May 12, 2019
Donald95:
PDP really bleeped up here

My brother, i don't care about Party. I am more interested in the person and what i see him do.

Abia State which is my state needs another party as urgent as possible (Alex Otti) . If PDP is wise enough, they should work very hard on the states they have left else they will turn to one of those parties that are about to swept out, but what i see in Abia shows that sense is still far from PDP Leadership.

If APC is wise enough, they shouldn't flag Bello in Kogi as he failed woefully.

Look, if Abia governor misbehaves, it doesnt translate to pdp failure. ofcourse, the guy needs to be smacked with some sense but you also need to understand PDP as a party cannot be held responsible for Ikpeazu's demeanour singlely. What about Ayade, what about Wike? Politics is local. The party only provides the platform. The worst case scenerio is for the party to look for someelse that can deliver the manifesto of the party but they dont have constutional powers over the governor...

1 Like

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 12, 2019
cool

Check my signature
Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by anonimi: 12:17pm On May 12, 2019
Omoboricash:
Goats of many breeds, that phrase cut my attention, Hausa, Ibo, Ijaw,, Efik,Yoruba ........they all came together to siphon our collective money

Is that how goats of many breeds (political parties), come together in the NASS to siphon our collective money depriving us of jobs, roads, electricity, water, inexpensive quality life

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2943664_wage_jpeg1488711c5349aed5f79f2e121e58b278

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3626665_hilarious_jpeg1ecdcdffc482a4c4b104159dc2f70be2

1 Like

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by anonimi: 12:21pm On May 12, 2019
kehinde1588:
I dnt know what to say. I am just dumbfounded.

May God remove every PDP infection in our lives

And replace with the poverty, stealing and insecurity of APC

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3018404_fbimg1440078497612_jpeg3a8a60a93f1e032153541a608593102d

1 Like

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:26pm On May 12, 2019
hush15:

Look, if Abia governor misbehaves, it doesnt translate to pdp failure. ofcourse, the guy needs to be smacked with some sense but you also need to understand PDP as a party cannot be held responsible for Ikpeazu's demeanour singlely. What about Ayade, what about Wike? Politics is local. The party only provides the platform. The worst case scenerio is for the party to look for someelse that can deliver the manifesto of the party but they dont have constutional powers over the governor...

But Yahaya Bellos own translates to APC's failure abi.

PDP and hypocrisy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by BRASH: 12:27pm On May 12, 2019
IF THAT IS THE CASE THEN, BUHARI WHO HAS BEEN REARING 150 GAY COWS SINCE 2011 HAS NO BUSINESS BEING NIGERIA'S PRESIDENT. HE IS UNPRODUCTIVE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: About Yam Eaters (pdp) Abandoned Secretarial by hush15: 12:40pm On May 12, 2019
Proudlyngwa:

But Yahaya Bellos own translates to APC's failure abi.

PDP and hypocrisy.

Yahaya Bello is a failure as an individual. Even his own party are not oblivious to this fact. if they like, let them reinenforce failure, their prob. Afterall, they already forced anfailure on nigerians as a preaident

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023 Concerns As PDP Negotiates Another Rocky Bend / Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba: Indirect Primaries In APC Will Turn Into Dollar Bazaar / Nigerian Leaders: Past And Present; Your Best And Worst?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.