Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? (37342 Views)

What Are The Opportunities And Challenges Of Night Auditors In Nigerian Hotels? / Hotnigeriajobs: Vacancies, Career Opportunities And Jobs In Nigeria For You! / Be Honest Would You Accept This Kind Of Job As Graduate(see Salary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by Nobody: 9:44am On May 13, 2019
Jaii:
In d West Ogun state is not bad

In d north Kano has opportunities. But I think its a little crisis prone.

Kaduna use to be good but not anymore. Wish you luck.

Which opportunities are in Kano?
Kano should not be on that list please.
The only job opportunities in Kano are teaching jobs, which can also be found in other states.
To the best of my knowledge, Kano state is the most overrated state in Nigeria.

Forget the hype and center of commerce bullshit, it's all for the federal government allocation.

Visit and stay in that state for sometime and you'll weep.

9 Likes

Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by Nobody: 9:46am On May 13, 2019
millionboi2:
hahahaha

I don't know wat d guy wants to hear

#Borno
I believe you also learnt a lot from this thread.

You know sai the country no end for your backyard abi.
Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by Nobody: 9:51am On May 13, 2019
Beulah77:

Because you asked a stupid question, stop wasting your time and fooling yourself because there is no state in Nigeria that has answer to your foolish post
Why are you so bitter bro?

You can say all that without the curse word bro.

I have gotten alot of nice answer and recommendation already from this thread.

You hope you also get what you want in life soon.
Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by inspector1(m): 9:51am On May 13, 2019
[quote author=WoeBetide666 post=78336791]

Just answer the question, mumu. No need to project your frustration and hunger .

U deserve a bottle of beer.
Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by Nobody: 9:52am On May 13, 2019
Odetokun3:
Borno state. Jokes apart. Remove the insecurity. Maiduguri is a little but safe. U can get work with NGO with all costs on them.
Yeah, but getting an NGO is no longer guaranteed like some years back.
Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by heybeemoney(m): 9:53am On May 13, 2019
okeniti:
Can a Yoruba get a job in Borno though with the NGO? I've been trying for over a year and had no luck whatsoever. Despite the situation, would not mind living/working in NE. Plus it's on my bucket list to learn the Hausa language.

guy forget... there is a lot of Yoruba guy here in Borno working for NGO and I'm one of them... irrespective of your region, if you merit it, you will get it..Thank you.
Just av the Faith

1 Like

Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by oduz: 9:57am On May 13, 2019
shollay09:
the only job you have in osun state is civil service job or banking job

There are not much jobs around Nigeria generally ....

Big industrial towns throw their vacancies Nationwide except casual positions ....

Educated Youths need to take responsibility to creatively create jobs & even employ the more vulnerable ones ....

Osun has better power supply than anywhere in SW & most parts of Nigeria, being the distribution hub for SW,
That's a pointer to better life for SMEs ....

With over 10 Tertiaries Institutions, any young graduate can creatively service them almost all year round ....

I know a private University of over 3,000 population, with only one person servicing their phones & selling accessories ....

Also only one laundry service (on wheels) drives in to make the collections & returns next day ...

The Education Industry is real, & more enlightened minds are required to service them efficiently, where skills are required, you can recruit & manage the less educated ....

The possibilities are endless sit & ponder over it ....

The Land is Green cool

2 Likes

Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by elvhinzey(m): 9:59am On May 13, 2019
My candid advice for you is this: I would rather you engage your time to "think" of a business to kickstart, than burning your calories in search of a Job.

I'm not saying Job is bad.

Will you choose Job security or Financial security?
Let your instinct decide for you.
NB: Don't let the "age" saga distort your dreams or whatever. In fact, even if it will take the business 5-6years to yield, go for it.

One thing you ought to know is: Whether you chase your business or not, in 10years time-you'll be 35 years old. Why not go for it?
Businesses i suggest:
1. Forex trading
2. Dropshipping
3. Mini-importation
4. Real Estate investment
5. Popcorn(use icing sugar and milk)
6. Affiliate Marketing.
7. Digital marketing.
In conclusion, do your human possible best to get this book before you start any business in Nigeria-SMALL BUSINESS, BIG MONEY by Akin Alabi.

You can do it! It has been done before!
I'll be waiting for you at the top.

2 Likes

Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by iomoge2(f): 10:00am On May 13, 2019
RonKenoly:

Not settling madam, we just have to learn to start from small.

Enter juiciest part of where? With how much?

Let's be realistic please.

What I ask myself is if I want my life to be as those who were there before me
Starting small is good
But starting right is the best
You can start small in anywhere you choose
You can squat or co rent a place
It’s starting small
If u go ahead and start in ijebu what makes you think you will have the will power to leave later
Or u think if I sm sm employer of labour I will employ one man based in ijebu over someone based in Lagos
Who wants a staff with little or no real life experience

Well the ball is in your court
Play it to which ever direction you wish

My younger one had your mentality
Went to start in suleja
Until he saw the light snd came to Lagos did he measure up
In two years he has two cars working for him and he is still working
Now investing in landed property

He had better opportunities in Lagos
Had better connections in church
Sells cars
Sells lands and still has his job

Now all his let’s find one village friends have seen the light two that came to Lagos sre msking it too

I sm not saying everyone must be in Lagos. Everywhere is even over crowded
My advise is that you should be at the right place
With the right crowd
Snd start small

2 Likes

Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by Sunday40: 10:01am On May 13, 2019
United State of abuja shocked
Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by Godrocks: 10:02am On May 13, 2019
clems88:
ur right . lot if NGO's a friend of mine has invited me to kano to work but ....I can't risk going to north any more
can u link me up with the guy am willing to go for an ngo job
Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by nairalanduseles: 10:05am On May 13, 2019
RonKenoly:

Lol, brotherly no be like that. If means dey everybody for don japa. Na the means we dey hustle for like this.

U sound like a potential i fit carry u enter game if u serious
Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by Nobody: 10:07am On May 13, 2019
iomoge2:
If you sre looking for low cost of living you will be behind o

Just take the bull by the horn

Enter Lekki in Lagos
Or the heart of Abuja
Or the juiciest part of port harcourt

Move there and find a job there n one day heaven will smile on you
People making it in those places do not have two heads.
Don’t settle for less

You said it all. Low cost of living and high job opportunity don't go together.

By next month I'm heading to ph, because there 're a lot of engineering Coys. We die there, if na connect we will find it.

4 Likes

Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by millennium2012: 10:11am On May 13, 2019
VillagePipu:

If you can get jobs around Agbara industrial area, you'll be fine

Look for jobs in industrial clusters on the fringes of Lagos if you desire low cost living.

You mean casual work?
Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by 1stdammy: 10:12am On May 13, 2019
My own question is how very possible, realistic and advisable is to move to a particular area to settle down looking for jobs without knowing anybody around such area?

1 Like

Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by pwetie: 10:13am On May 13, 2019
clems88:
ur right . lot if NGO's a friend of mine has invited me to kano to work but ....I can't risk going to north any more
Please sir help a brother connect with your friend (ngo). I wouldn't mind sir. Any NGO, in any location.
Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by expressglory: 10:14am On May 13, 2019
Go to Ibadan...Oyo State capital.The cost of living is low...you can even get free house to live.As per Job opportunities...you may need to think and create one yourself. Job opportunities depends on the skill you have.
Do you know French....Start a French Learning Center
Can you cook or get people to do it for you....Start Amala Depo or Jollof Center
Do you know how to build websites....Wherever you are people will locate you(Meanwhile, I can teach you Web building without any rubbish code in 5hrs with 25k)
Are you good in Mathematics....Dont teach in conventional school rather start a Mathematics Center
Are you very smart....Then start an employment agency
Do have access to initial capital...Start a Nursery/Pry School
No much money...Start a creche

etc,etc,

Call me 0.8.0.287174.92 for more consultation and advice.

1 Like

Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by 1759ademola(m): 10:21am On May 13, 2019
Not in Nigeria. Go elsewhere.
Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by pwetie: 10:23am On May 13, 2019
ladiesreject:

Which opportunities are in Kano?
Kano should not be on that list please.
The only job opportunities in Kano are teaching jobs, which can also be found in other states.
To the best of my knowledge, Kano state is the most overrated state in Nigeria.

Forget the hype and center of commerce bullshit, it's all for the federal government allocation.

Visit and stay in that state for sometime and you'll weep.

You nailed it. I was also there for a year.

2 Likes

Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by fykes(m): 10:28am On May 13, 2019
nairalanduseles:

U sound like a potential i fit carry u enter game if u serious
Which game be that abeg? Hope no be bet9ja grin
Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by poetictwenty(m): 10:30am On May 13, 2019
BiggyB242:

You said it all. Low cost of living and high job opportunity don't go together.

By next month I'm heading to ph, because there 're a lot of engineering Coys. We die there, if na connect we will find it.

There are many Engineering companies in PH , but getting their attention remains a major problem. You can get to the company, but might not get pass the security man, so also your C.v. I have been in PH since April, still hoping to get to the decision makers. Even if it's just an internship program in the company. But, just as you put it #we die here... it's either I make it or I die trying

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by Amanew(m): 10:34am On May 13, 2019
Wait till Biafra comes!
Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by prudentsolution: 10:38am On May 13, 2019
iomoge2:

Enter Lekki in Lagos
Or the heart of Abuja

Don’t settle for less

I had to login to comment against my wish. For all the comments you made on this thread displays your deep and scarce wisdom. More oil and grace. I'm standing and clapping. What wisdom. This is a woman with the wisdom of a man.

2 Likes

Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by frankmoney(m): 10:45am On May 13, 2019
Queenboy123:

Are you in Rivers State to know?
yes , I am from rivers state and I live in rivers state
Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by ajayiopy: 10:47am On May 13, 2019
RonKenoly:
Which state would you recommend for a fresh graduate of 25 to move to and start life?
BORNO,YOBE

1 Like

Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by luluman: 10:52am On May 13, 2019
NONE: THE ONES WITH LOTS OF JOB, STANDARD OF LIVING IS HIGH, THE ONES WITH LOW STANDARD OF LIVING, NO JOBS.

1 Like

Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by coputa(m): 10:53am On May 13, 2019
Roon9:
Well bro.. Please whatever you do, please never pick Warri or anywhere in Delta State
Wrong advice,warri is the small capital of Nigeria in terms of jobs and business opportunities.A small city surrounded by oil, it's the kuwait of Nigeria.You can never get it wrong in warri.
There's refinery, Gas companies, construction giants, the biggest steel company in Nigeria.An airport.
An average of 50 persons migrate to warri daily.
Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by Topmaike007(m): 10:54am On May 13, 2019
RonKenoly:

Tell me more about Agbara please. Thanks
agbara Is an industrious area with plenty companies such as Nestle,Evans, Oasis and many Banks when you go down to Opic estate you see Unilever company and some distilling companies,due to all this companies agabara electricity is rated 9/10.a room self contain cost around 6-7k per month,but the problem of that area is poor roads around Opic estate to Agbara.

While if you want to work in Abgbara and stay somewhere else I recommend Morogbo, because over their a room self contain goes for 3-4k per month and From Morogbo to Agbara cost #300 per day including bike From your house to bustop but the power supply in Morogbo is rated 6/10..

While food in this areas are cheap considering the fact that people from Ogun state rural areas come to sell their goods there.

And Puna is also cheap too because Adeniran ogunsanya college of education is not far from there meaning enough Toto is available to Fvck.

Security in this areas is rated 7/10 because there's enough police station and a patrolling vechile.

Night life is poor because people sleep early in this areas around 10pm every where is already silent.

I hope I already answered you any questions Biko drop it.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by Alcacer47: 10:56am On May 13, 2019
clems88:
kano is very safe and cost of living is on the low side, accommodation inclusive...Kano is the commercial center of the north... Do away with that mindset of the north being unsafe though some are but definitely not Kano
Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by prudentsolution: 10:57am On May 13, 2019
iomoge2:

Enter Lekki in Lagos
Or the heart of Abuja

Don’t settle for less

I just read a part of your diary and noticed something. Can we talk in private? I need to give you a vital information

1 Like

Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by hotplate: 11:01am On May 13, 2019
we are all in this search together, I'll be going for service this June but I'm already praying that God should make a way for me. But if you ask me I think you should focus more on getting a job irrespective of the location, Every other thing will take care of itself. But you can start with a teaching job or bank job irrespective of the salary is better than staying idle
Re: Which State Has A Lot Of Job Opportunities And Low Cost Of Living? by BennyDGreat: 11:02am On May 13, 2019
oyatz:
Not so sir.

How much do you know about Osun State?

What other jobs are really available there again. Majority are schools, banks and govt jobs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why You Should Not Laminate Certificates And Other Vital Documents / FAAN Recruitment 2015 Selection List Released / FG Job: How My Name Was Replaced With Someone Who Lobbied & Paid Paid ₦7 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.