Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Fib And The Axe Of Fury (publishing Process) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fib And The Axe Of Fury (publishing Process) (737 Views)

A Girl Called Fib & The Axe Of Fury / GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals / How Nigerian Authors Can Get The Best From Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fib And The Axe Of Fury (publishing Process) by sosa993: 6:42pm On May 12, 2019
In this thread, I'll be documenting my publishing process.
Re: Fib And The Axe Of Fury (publishing Process) by sosa993: 6:47pm On May 12, 2019
Fib and the Axe of fury to be in stores soon...

Excerpt

Chapter 1

She took my hand and placed something in my palm, which I knew were my glasses. I felt the lenses, and true to her words, they were broken. I groaned in frustration as my mother's insistent reminder flooded my mind: never take your glasses off outside the walls of our home.

How the hell was I supposed to check the extent of the damage these people did to my glasses if I couldn't open my eyes? I blew three breaths and blinked. My eyes met with a blur that made me squeeze them shut again. Everything was a blur.

“Mo?" I called, but no response returned, not even an annoying giggle. The noise from passengers laughing, talking, and walking had stopped. In fact, the entire station had gone silent. Where did everyone go?

The air smelled different now, like fish and garlic. It was an odd combination, but a distinct upgrade from the stench of rotten beans.

"Mo?" Again, no response. I swallowed hard. "It's not funny!" I tried to make my voice as strong as possible, because with a best friend like Mo, I couldn't be too sure she wasn't playing pranks on me.

Slowly, I opened my eyes again. Thankfully, this time I caught a glimpse of a figure across the subway platform. A lump like an egg formed in my throat as I looked around the platform, trying to make sense of what was happening.

Hazy white light and curls of smoky air obscured everything from view. The fluorescent lights on the roof flickered and buzzed. I glanced over my shoulder and saw a greenish-brown fog shaped like a human.

The outline was dressed in a shredded black top that hung loosely from around its neck. The abeti aja cap covered most of its dark face, if you could call what it had a face, but I could still see two flaming, red orbs glowing from inside its sunken sockets. The functioning part of my brain urged me to run away, but my feet refused to move; it was as if they’d been glued to the floor....

Hope you liked it! In case you'll be interested in joining my launch team, click the link below.

https:///D8upSwtv3rkJZNEYfA65aH
Re: Fib And The Axe Of Fury (publishing Process) by sosa993: 3:26pm On May 13, 2019
#paranormal #horror #ghost #haunted #ghosts #supernatural #scary #citd #art #creepy #spooky #ufo #aliens #photography #paranormalactivity #ghosthunting #abandonedplaces #ghostadventures #dark #urbex #terror #gay #dukun #instagood #instagay #ireland #decay #paranormalinvestigation #nature #bhfyp

1 Share

Re: Fib And The Axe Of Fury (publishing Process) by WiseStarr(m): 4:15am On May 14, 2019
sosa993:
#paranormal #horror #ghost #haunted #ghosts #supernatural #scary #citd #art #creepy #spooky #ufo #aliens #photography #paranormalactivity #ghosthunting #abandonedplaces #ghostadventures #dark #urbex #terror #gay #dukun #instagood #instagay #ireland #decay #paranormalinvestigation #nature #bhfyp
This cover realy makes sense gan o,I love it
Re: Fib And The Axe Of Fury (publishing Process) by sosa993: 1:17pm On May 14, 2019
WiseStarr:

This cover realy makes sense gan o,I love it

Oh. It's not a cover. Lol. It's just something to show before the cover. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Fib And The Axe Of Fury (publishing Process) by sosa993: 1:21pm On May 14, 2019
Fib and the Axe of fury

As soon as my eyes settled on the shiny scythe, a loud scream tore through my ears...

#paranormal #haunted #ghosts #supernatural #art #creepy #spooky #ufo #aliens #photography #paranormalactivity #abandonedplaces #ghostadventures #dark #instagood #ireland #decay #paranormalinvestigation #mythological #mythicalcreatures #gods

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fib And The Axe Of Fury (publishing Process) by sosa993: 12:50pm On May 18, 2019
So, I got the first sixteen edited chapters of my manuscript and it's freaking exciting!

To join my street team, please click the link: https://www./2288626098061999/
Re: Fib And The Axe Of Fury (publishing Process) by sosa993: 12:52pm On May 18, 2019
I have two more stories to complete in this series and I'm so mad at myself for not fulfilling my promises. Soon guys. Soon.

Re: Fib And The Axe Of Fury (publishing Process) by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 31, 2019
Nice thread. I've seen excerpts from your book on NL few times. There is also another moniker on NL facelessguy or something like that who also writes short stories about any thread he posts on. Both of you are good writers.
Re: Fib And The Axe Of Fury (publishing Process) by sosa993: 11:02am On Jun 03, 2019
Gratefulheart01:
Nice thread. I've seen excerpts from your book on NL few times. There is also another moniker on NL facelessguy or something like that who also writes short stories about any thread he posts on. Both of you are good writers.

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Fib And The Axe Of Fury (publishing Process) by sosa993: 4:44pm On Jun 03, 2019
Local teen must prevent people from dying in a massacre: Fib and the Axe of fury.
June 03, 2019

Fib and the Axe of fury

Excerpt:

I stifled my breath as my eyes darted everywhere. Just at the gate of the large, pink duplex opposite my house, a distorted, shadowy column appeared. In the middle of it, something dashed out. It wasn't until it landed towards my left side, close to the waste drum, that I knew it was a bird with broad wings. A very large one at that. Its feathers were bluish grey, and the belly had grown pale with dense reddish barring.

Blurb:

“Never take your glasses off outside the walls of our home.”

When Fibikemi loses her glasses and inadvertently breaks her mother’s rule, she encounters something strange, and it is only the beginning of a weird and terrifying journey; in a matter of time, someone dangerous will come for her.
Her friend Aaron Oni has just two more months to live, and Fib’s obsession with saving Aaron pushes her to do the unimaginable.

Eventually, she discovers exactly why she must never take off her eyeglasses outside her home.

_Fib and the Axe of Fury_ is an enthralling blend of vibrant fantasy and exotic African mythology.

If you are a blogger and you are interested in reviewing Fib and the Axe of fury, feel free to let me know. The cover will be revealed this week!

(1) (Reply)

The Bodyguard (part 2) / When You Are Young: A Poem For The Nigerian Child On Children's Day. / Blogging Improves Your Writing Skills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.