Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,347 members, 7,954,405 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:18 PM

Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR (33386 Views)

Edward Adamu Biography: 12 Important Things To Know About New AMCON Chairman / Edward Adamu With Sanwo-olu At Harvard School / AMCON: Buhari Replaces Muiz Banire With Edward Adamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR by orisa37: 6:07am On May 13, 2019
Let him be for as long as PMB wants him.. It's he that will rope up in the end not the South.
Re: Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR by omoadeleye(m): 6:13am On May 13, 2019
BabaIbo:
Even though I don't support APC/PDP...

This is fake, who are CBN shareholders abeg?

Institutional investors like pension funds, insurance administration and mutual benefit subscribing to government bonds...nd banks too... Or maybe they are just one of stakeholders
Re: Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR by emkz: 6:16am On May 13, 2019
IkpuMmadu:
The CBN man made a call to Arowesegbe or something and the dude at the other hand isn't coherent and he blab and sounded cowardly and he called Adamu and Ukeje ....why are some folks cowardly ?

Yes it is wrong what they did and the most terrible person is the person that recorded this ! That is why critical business deals you use VOIP I prefer Google duo to make calls though I am not in any dubious deals but it is encrypted

You can't trust anybody ....I don't want to say those are notable for betrayal but you know what it it's... Emefiele can't record himself

Some people shaaaaa

I strongly suspect that his phones were bugged by security agencies and leaked to the media. He may have come under investigation for another issue which could have warranted him being monitored. It is quite telling that this is coming out when he has been nominated for a second term. Another set of thieves want to put their own thief there so that the stealing can continue.

Yet, I still don't understand why these guys never learn. Emefiele is highly educated and was a university lecturer. How he allowed himself to be deceived into investing funds deposited at the CBN in a shady investment beats me. It is a pity that the man who just won a second term since the return to democratic rule may end up in handcuffs, bringing an otherwise illustrous career to an ignominous end.

Please if you don't have the balls to dance to the music or withstand others watching your dance of shame, don't beat the drums of ignominy.

3 Likes

Re: Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR by orisa37: 6:27am On May 13, 2019
They are trying to adjust the Ownership of the Bank for Islamic strong Stakehold.
After Restructuring, litigation for Asset re-allocation and apportionment begins and will last for at least 12 years before it can be statute barred.

1 Like

Re: Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR by TruthinAction: 6:35am On May 13, 2019
Nigeria is stupendously rich but our corrupt politicians will not let this nation make progress.
Re: Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR by myrates: 6:36am On May 13, 2019
spiritedtete:
Journalism go wrong.... This is not substantial enough..
but far reaching enough to warrant swift response from CBN. For every rumour, there's element of truth...

1 Like

Re: Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR by michoim(m): 6:46am On May 13, 2019
Babanah:
Stop spreading lies, they appear concerned about a bank whose losses appeared to have wiped off shareholder funds. They seem to be more concerned by the impact of the news on the economy and foreign investors. Hence they were looking for ways to plug the whole in the finances of the bank concerned.
Very correct
Re: Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR by spiritedtete: 6:58am On May 13, 2019
myrates:
but far reaching enough to warrant swift response from CBN. For every rumour, there's element of truth...

From my experience in investigative Journalism... That recording is not authentic... Before you publish such recording... You have to escalate on the missing money first...

Then it goes public for awhile let the house of assembly investigate and if there is any evidence that such money was missing... Then your release the recording.

Not all this" I want to break news first journalism"
Re: Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR by Gentew(m): 7:08am On May 13, 2019
1zynnvn:
even though I don't support Buhari, I don't need to read this story to know its all bullshiit, how can you cover up 500bn,haba

but u all believe it whenever money is missing during GEJ...
Re: Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:15am On May 13, 2019
Upton:
Enemies want to pursue this guy. He will have to resign now
did ganduje resign beside the issue has not be proven
Re: Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR by 1zynnvn(m): 7:37am On May 13, 2019
Gentew:

but u all believe it whenever money is missing during GEJ...
i never said i did
Re: Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR by deepwater(f): 7:45am On May 13, 2019
cvibe2:
Where is EFCC when you need them.

They said efcc has 2 billion in the remaining 20b
So what do u expect efcc to do?

1 Like

Re: Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR by Nobody: 7:51am On May 13, 2019
Failed hatchet job. It could have been when he was in zenith anyway. But still failed hatchet job
Re: Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR by Enuoyan: 8:29am On May 13, 2019
4gunners:
Why will SR deliberately twist the narrative of the conversation. Godwin and the other man seems concerned about the impact the news will have on investor and the economy as a whole. Someone that stole will not be talking like that. Besides, they were mentioning shareholders repeatedly, which I don't think CBN has.

I heard that an External Auditor was recruited to Audit Federal Ministry of Finance which manages Government Finances and Loans from CBN.

However during Recession few months back,Loans where Granted to States through Federal Ministry of Finance and the Auditors Classified the Loans to States Bad and Irrecoverable.

May be it was their STANDARD PRACTICE but forgot that States are Going Concern and collects Monthly Federal Allocation from Federal Ministry of Finance. Though CBN has written and given then comfort to the Auditors about Monthly Federal Allocation.
Re: Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR by namo77: 9:07am On May 13, 2019
Mr Emeifele, you were screwed and fvcked over by your team... If this is true, you're fvcked... Biggest yahoo Boys are in government...

I thought all the money missing was GEJ tenure??

And buhari gave him another 5 years...?? He's really doing a good job looting money for Bubu..
Re: Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR by Nobody: 9:10am On May 13, 2019
kettykin:
I knew vultures would certainly come after this man.

Emefiele should watch his back many are not happy with his reappointment which has shown that Buhari has nothing against igbos
I trust people like you. Coming out to call Emefiele Igbo. Please refrain from foolishly calling a minority Igbo. Emefiele you foolishly want to defend has never called himself an Igbo man, in any gathering nor in his Wikipedia profile. His presence as a CBN Governor have had no positive impact on Igbo economic survival. Igbo look out for themselves and not for others. Let his village people defend him. And moreover, Buhari retained him as CBN governor to spite the SE.
Mind yourself there.
Re: Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR by HyAccent: 10:36am On May 13, 2019
NextPresido:
Meanwhile PMB will say nobody in my administration is kworupt.

We have not forgotten Maina, Akpabio, Orji Uzor Kalu, Ganduje, Abdullahi Adamu, Adams Oshiomole, Aliyu Wammako, Bola Tinubu, Abdul’aziz Yari, Amaechi, etc all of who should be in jail if this govt is truly fighting corruption. EFCC will also pretend like they did not hear anything. If na PDP members now, dem go start to flex muscle

Once you are under the broom. Your sins are forgiven.
Re: Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR by otokx(m): 11:24am On May 13, 2019
Anybody that says Nigeria is a poor country should be asked to repent.
Re: Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR by Nobody: 11:53am On May 13, 2019
1zynnvn:
even though I don't support Buhari, I don't need to read this story to know its all bullshiit, how can you cover up 500bn,haba

Guy you won't believe how gullible the public can be.... if they can believe Sanusi's $25bn allegations against GEJ, An amount bigger than the country's budget, is it ordinary 500bn Naira that they will not believe? an amount that is bigger than the budgets, allocation, and IGR combined of most states.
Re: Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR by dearie(m): 12:03pm On May 13, 2019
Babanah:
Stop spreading lies, they appear concerned about a bank whose losses appeared to have wiped off shareholder funds. They seem to be more concerned by the impact of the news on the economy and foreign investors. Hence they were looking for ways to plug the whole in the finances of the bank concerned.

You seem to be the only educated fellow here...thank you for proving to us that our situation is not completely hopeless.

PS. Pls people should desist from making comments on issues they don't know much about.
Re: Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR by 4gunners(m): 6:47pm On May 13, 2019
Predstan:

Can you please explain that part that they talked about increasing the naira rate against dollar. The minister of finance said its already high at 354 that if not for that, they would have raised it by 2naira.

Why is Emefiele so concerned about a commercial bank that he broke down saying “I don die, where I go see Money?”

Did you also read the prospect that Nigeria will likely plunge into recession by 2020. Is that not similar to what is being discussed in this audio

Lastly, why are they preventing it from the FEC. They don’t want Buhari and other executives to hear about it.

In conclusion, they diverted some funds into a private investment or Shares so they could make profits and return the 500b back to where it came from, that’s why emefiele was repeating it that arowosegbe keep saying their investment was still worth 500b till the end of last year before they finally realized they have only 20bn left.

There are two parts of the audio. Go to Sahara Reporters facebook page and listen

I'm not expert in this field. You could be right, but I don't think he was talking to finance minister. None of the voice in the audio comes close to a female voice.

On the issue of recession, I hope we will not experience that again. The effect of the last one is still being felt.
Re: Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR by Predstan: 7:00pm On May 13, 2019
4gunners:

I'm not expert in this field. You could be right, but I don't think he was talking to finance minister. None of the voice in the audio comes close to a female voice.

On the issue of recession, I hope we will not experience that again. The effect of the last one is still being felt.

It’s the Director of Finance sorry. Not Minister
Re: Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR by BabaIbo: 10:56am On May 14, 2019
hush15:

Education is really important but i can very few take it serious. So afterall these years of school, you miss the part where you were taughr functions of CBN being a banker for banks and all types of banking institutions from bureau de change to microfinance to commercial banks to mega corp banks

You're daft and a big fool, you could have passed your message without insult. As u can see that is a question.
BTW do banks regulate our money the way CBN regulates banks, you can see that your comparison is so shallow and senseless like yo. if I am not wrong CBN is a regulatory and apex banking body but that can't be said about banks who depend majorly on stakeholders money.

Even though I am not an ezpert in this field, one thing I know is CBN does not deal with the public directly and as such does not have shareholders.
Re: Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR by omohayek: 11:33am On May 14, 2019
BabaIbo:

You're daft and a big fool, you could have passed your message without insult. As u can see that is a question.
BTW do banks regulate our money the way CBN regulates banks, you can see that your comparison is so shallow and senseless like yo. if I am not wrong CBN is a regulatory and apex banking body but that can't be said about banks who depend majorly on stakeholders money.

Even though I am not an ezpert in this field, one thing I know is CBN does not deal with the public directly and as such does not have shareholders.
If you'd bothered to do even a simple Google search before responding, you'd know that the CBN does in fact have a single shareholder, namely the Federal Government of Nigeria. It's astonishing how allergic Nigerians are to doing even basic research (or running a spellchecker) before sharing their uninformed opinions.

1 Like

Re: Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR by BabaIbo: 12:29pm On May 14, 2019
omohayek:

If you'd bothered to do even a simple Google search before responding, you'd know that the CBN does in fact have a single shareholder, namely the Federal Government of Nigeria. It's astonishing how allergic Nigerians are to doing even basic research (or running a spellchecker) before sharing their uninformed opinions.

Please don't jump to a discussion without knowing the basis of the discussion, CBN is the one managing some FG's shares in different corporations bur they don't deal with the public directly.

BTW how does a single shareholder amount to our shareholderS, pay attention to the plural form, used in that audio clip or is Nigeria's also managing other countries FGs?

Again, from the clip it's about the reaction from the public and the blame from the public not from the FG, well you all don't pay attention to details.

Can we end this argument by you not replying this quote, thank you in advance
Re: Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR by hush15: 1:49pm On May 14, 2019
BabaIbo:

chai, you must be really fustrated o. am i the cause of your fustration?
Re: Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR by omohayek: 1:58pm On May 14, 2019
BabaIbo:

Please don't jump to a discussion without knowing the basis of the discussion, CBN is the one managing some FG's shares in different corporations bur they don't deal with the public directly.

BTW how does a single shareholder amount to our shareholderS, pay attention to the plural form, used in that audio clip or is Nigeria's also managing other countries FGs?

Again, from the clip it's about the reaction from the public and the blame from the public not from the FG, well you all don't pay attention to details.

Can we end this argument by you not replying this quote, thank you in advance
If you didn’t want me to reply to you quoting me, maybe you shouldn’t have replied to my comment to begin with.

Your attempt at explaining away the alarming contents of the call strain credulity, as Emefiele would have no reason to mention manipulating the exchange rate in any legitimate context. FX-related scamming and corruption has been a hallmark of his tenure since as far back as 2016, when Reuters and Bloomberg were writing articles about the sweetheart rates Emefiele was handing out to the likes of Dangote (who recorded more than $100 million in profits through just a few such deals). The only thing that has changed since then is that Emefiele has been cunning enough to expand the circle of beneficiaries of this corruption to include close Buhari associates like Ismail Funtua, while also handing out pretend “jobs” to the children of Buhari and friends. Apparently all of this wasn’t just so Emefiele could keep his job, but also to prevent it from going to someone who could reveal how he’s misused his office for direct personal gain, by speculating abroad with Nigerian government funds. Luckily for Emefiele, he is a citizen of a country where the masses are easily misled by tribal, religious and political sentiment into becoming the staunchest defenders of their exploiters, even when confronted with the most damning evidence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR by BabaIbo: 6:07pm On May 14, 2019
hush15:

chai, you must be really fustrated o. am i the cause of your fustration?

I don't blame you, you are using 100 naira daily subscription to insult people online.
Go back to your previous quote and see the reason why I insulted you. You did that first and I decided to give you back in your coin
Re: Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR by BabaIbo: 6:09pm On May 14, 2019
omohayek:

If you didn’t want me to reply to you quoting me, maybe you shouldn’t have replied to my comment to begin with.

Your attempt at explaining away the alarming contents of the call strain credulity, as Emefiele would have no reason to mention manipulating the exchange rate in any legitimate context. FX-related scamming and corruption has been a hallmark of his tenure since as far back as 2016, when Reuters and Bloomberg were writing articles about the sweetheart rates Emefiele was handing out to the likes of Dangote (who recorded more than $100 million in profits through just a few such deals). The only thing that has changed since then is that Emefiele has been cunning enough to expand the circle of beneficiaries of this corruption to include close Buhari associates like Ismail Funtua, while also handing out pretend “jobs” to the children of Buhari and friends. Apparently all of this wasn’t just so Emefiele could keep his job, but also to prevent it from going to someone who could reveal how he’s misused his office for direct personal gain, by speculating abroad with Nigerian government funds. Luckily for Emefiele, he is a citizen of a country where the masses are easily misled by tribal, religious and political sentiment into becoming the staunchest defenders of their exploiters, even when confronted with the most damning evidence.

OK seen, bye
Re: Leaked Audio: Emefiele, Edward Adamu Discuss How To Cover-up N500bn Stole - SR by thatigboman: 11:26pm On May 14, 2019
id911:
So CBN get shareholders? Tell me something
read CBN Act

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NBC: You Will Be Punished If You Insult President, Governors And Senators / PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Abuja (Pictures, Video) / Saraki Arrives Tribunal With Two Senators (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.