Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,138 members, 7,818,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness (67203 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Commercial Driver Prays As A Muslim, Christian And Traditionalist Before A Trip / Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by alBHAGDADI: 8:18pm On May 21, 2019
Malvisguy212
Welcome
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 8:42pm On May 21, 2019
Barristter07:

Do you understand what you typed at all ? I doubt.

Been born again and getting saved are TWO different things.

Didn't you saw Jesus saying what Is born by flesh is flesh ? It means what Human born is human.

But once am individual experience Born again, it becomes a totally different thing _ such a person now have The hope of becoming a SPIRIT like God after their ressurection. What the spirit born is Spirit!,

Spirit dwells where ? Heaven.

That's the hope of a born again. And he can't choose. This , John 3:8 the wind blows WHERE it wants . you don't choose for the wind. God is the one chooses who is born again,

But for getting saved

NOT EVERYONE will become Spirit and go to heaven, Psalm 37:29 live forever wink on earth

Rev 21:3,4 God will be with MANKIND , showing people will have their eternal life on earth .
I honestly don't know how you convince yourselves of your doctrines. Let's break it down.

YOUR DOCTRINES:
1. Being Born Again is NOT Being Saved
I wish you could prove it with the Scriptures. All the Scriptures I've quoted you've not seen...I understand because doctrines especially the faulty ones take more than knowledge to break.

Let me help you by this Scripture:
1Pet 1:18-23:
"For as much as you know that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ , as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who truly was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God. Seeing you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit to unfeigned love of the brothers, see that you love one another with a pure heart fervently: Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which lives and stays for ever."

1. Who are these Peter was refering to, the 144,000?
2. Is this not also refering to salvation?

2. Let's look at John3:8 again:

John 3:8:
"The wind blows where it wants, and you hear the sound thereof, but can not tell from where it comes, and where it goes: so is every one that is born of the Spirit."

Let me rephrase so that you can understand:
The wind blows where it wants
And you hear the sound of the wind
But you cannot tell where it's coming from or going to
So is everyone born of the spirit.

We have two main things here
1. The Subject (Wind)
2. The Observer (You)
#So, in this case, is the Person Born of the Spirit the Subject or the Observer ?
##Is God the observer?
###Who is the observer?

Once you truthfully answer these questions, you'll see that your interpretation is very skewed!

By the way, there were several questions you refused to answer
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by malvisguy212: 8:51pm On May 21, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Malvisguy212

Welcome
honestly bro, you and the op have enough time to engaged this JW friends , they Will argue till this thread reach 50 pages. your welcome bro.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by OkCornel(m): 8:55pm On May 21, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Shadeyinka, can you see how that Satanist has joined ranks with the heretics?

Mr accuser! I am joining ranks with nobody.

I started a discussion with shadeyinka and you instructed him or her on this thread and another one not to interact with me...

Now you are here claiming I've joined rank with JW...

Guy you are mentally ill. Go and get yourself treated...

Pathetic liar...

We are still awaiting your evidence that verifies your empty claims that I am a satanist
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 21, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Do you notice how they've not been able to dispute concerning salvation?

They've been saying away from it.
that is their way.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 9:03pm On May 21, 2019
OkCornel:
@shadeyinka, you have nothing to fear. We can continue our conversation if you wish to.

Meanwhile, please chide alBHAGDADI and tell him to bring out evidences of me being a satanist.

I wonder if the Christianity alBHAGDADI practices also involves bearing false witness!

As you can see, I am not scared of mentioning him or spelling his moniker properly. The truth has nothing to be afraid of!
Hey Bro!
No problem,!
I guess you both carried the hurt and resentment of another thread into this one. I've told him to be a little more gentle with you.

Shalom
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by OkCornel(m): 9:08pm On May 21, 2019
shadeyinka:

Hey Bro!
No problem,!
I guess you both carried the hurt and resentment of another thread into this one. I've told him to be a little more gentle with you.

Shalom

Alright then. Cheers... and thanks for understanding
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by alBHAGDADI: 9:09pm On May 21, 2019
malvisguy212:
honestly bro, you and the op have enough time to engaged this JW friends , they Will argue till this thread reach 50 pages. your welcome bro.

I'll soon exit the thread because I've seen their foundation on salvation to be wrong. That alone proves that many of what they believe is wrong. Once a group gets their doctrine of salvation wrong, it will be a waste of time debating them on other subjects.

Shadeyinka, Solite3 take note. This guys are on the wrong on salvation, so it's a waste of time debating anything else with them. Their foundation is faulty. Debating their brainwashed heads will only see this thread reach over 50 pages.

While we depend on Jesus in the boat to save us from the storm of the sea, they claim they don't need Jesus and that they can save themselves from the storm of the sea. Clearly we are not in the same boat. Jesus is in our boat where he's needed, not in theirs where he's not needed.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 9:14pm On May 21, 2019
OkCornel:

I totally agree with you on this!

What do you think? If man had eaten from the tree of life after eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, would they have died?

Genesis 3 v 22;
22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever

If Adam and Eve had eaten of The Tree of Life in their fallen state, their fate would have been irrevocably sealed for eternity. It simply means as satan is (lives forever spiritually) so they would be (living forever Spiritually).

Death offers an opportunity for a spiritual rebirth (starting on a clean slate,) through the washing of the Blood of the LAMB of God.

As per would they have lived physically forever?
I don't know!
But there is nothing saying they couldn't live Physically forever (or at least till judgement day)!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 9:16pm On May 21, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
Shadeyinka

I hope you saw my warning.

Stay off that Satanist. Completely ignore him.
I've responded to you.
I've been busy today
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 9:29pm On May 21, 2019
Barristter07:

Eyah
On what basis did I reference Daniel ?

Here was your post.
I showed you a reference from the book of Daniel and your response was
Barristter07:

What stop you from identifying the personality you think it represent ?

The context says Head of Gold , not a reference to any beast. I repeat, The reference to beasts to represent Kingdom of the world is Scriptural

Have you forgotten the all this kingdoms were portrayed as a Beast in the same Daniel ?

Rev 21:8 This means the second death.

Well explained. Death!

That again brings back the point about one cannot be dead and alive same time. Luke 24:5

On the basis of the bolded I asked my question!

See attached for reference!

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 9:34pm On May 21, 2019
Barristter07:

LOVE made him give a warning , didn't he ?

Wisdom made him give them opportunity to exercise their freewill.

Justice demand that they are punished for going against the Creators will

How exactly is my answer not consistent ?

Coming from someone who can't explain why God said " For now I know " .

You see how you have side-stepped the Question again. Correlate your answer above vwith the Question I asked and see if it fits.

So you mean that the best God could do was to plant a tree which has an everlasting damning consequence to prove love and apprecation?

Luk 11:13:
"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?"

Would you put a rattlesnake or cobra in a pot and ask your children to show love and obediene by not putting their hands In the pot?

Could it be that God didnt know that satan will come into Eden to tempt Adam and Eve? Was it an act of forgetfulness that God didn't destroy satan and his angels?

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by malvisguy212: 9:48pm On May 21, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

I'll soon exit the thread because I've seen their foundation on salvation to be wrong. That alone proves that many of what they believe is wrong. Once a group gets their doctrine of salvation wrong, it will be a waste of time debating them on other subjects.

Shadeyinka, Solite3 take note. This guys are on the wrong on salvation, so it's a waste of time debating anything else with them. Their foundation is faulty. Debating their brainwashed heads will only see this thread reach over 50 pages.

While we depend on Jesus in the boat to save us from the storm of the sea, they claim they don't need Jesus and that they can save themselves from the storm of the sea. Clearly we are not in the same boat. Jesus is in our boat where he's needed, not in theirs where he's not needed.

when you read there Bible , Lord (kurios) are translated as Jehovah, but the word Lord is use for Jesus. so in there Bible when it's comes to Jesus, they are very cartful to use the word Lord for Jesus.

what must I do to be save ? if your answer point to SELF ,it mean you are standing on a sanding ground . but if your answer point to the CROSS ( JESUS) it mean you are standing on a ROCKY GROUND. thank you my brother, I enjoy your contributions on this atheistic forum .
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 9:53pm On May 21, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

What's the abuse or curse I've said since this debate? I dare you to point one out.

When I make a statement like "your post is junk", such is not an abuse but fact especially when I back them up with undisputable Bible verses.

When I call you a liar, such is not an abuse but fact especially when I back them up with undisputable Bible verses.

So far, none of you have been able to dispute all I've said especially concerning being born again. Instead, you all have been trying to discredit me by saying I'm being insultive. Once I bust your heretic lies, the next move is to call you a heretic liar. Paul called your kind Antichrist and liars for denying the Father and the Son. I guess Paul also lacks the fruit of the spirit too, according to you.

Well, it's only Satan that doesn't like to be reproved and rebuked. I have exercised my God-given power as shown in the Bible verse below. I will always rebuke and reprove your kind for your errors.

2 Timothy 4:2 (KJV)
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

Liar,
Junk,
Nonsense and sort are abuses and insult to a fellow Bible student like you who is expressing himself based of what convinced him!
If you believe some doctrines and another person believes otherwise, it is insulting to start calling what the other person believe 'JUNK'
Both of you have taken the pains to read, study, meditate and prayerfully come to a conclusion before believing what you're saying right now. Even God will himself will never discourage someone who have spent his time WISELY by adding his word as part of daily routine. If you open your mouth and speak so irrespective of a person who gives time for God's word, how will you speak to someone who don't care at all about it? undecided
That is why the prophecy about Jesus said 'he will not discourage those who makes effort to consider God's word' Matthew 12:20
It is Pharisees, Sadducees, Scribes and other so called Rabbis in the first centuries who look down on people insulting them if such individuals finds it hard to swallow what they teaches. Christians will APPRECIATE your effort of trying to know about God, and if you insist on what you formerly believe they will respectfully walk away in peace without saying any hurtful words!
That is why you have failed woefully to maintain the calmness when discussing with people who holds opinions contrary to yours! 1Peter 3:15
Most people will just keep quiet and after you've spoken whatever comes to your mouth they will walk away without saying a word in response. Is that a good sign showing repentant attitudes? undecided
But when someone speaks to prove he already have something in his mind, that is the opportunity to present what is stronger and more beneficial!
I just hope you think over this, remember how i show appreciation for the effort you make to have studied the Bible! Of course all what you were saying is simply what the churches generally assume but they can't make any meaningful beneficial thing out of it, so Kumuyi , Adeboye , Oyedepo and others kept building religious centers yet their followers aren't united in line of thought!
Most of JWs have been to churches before coming to study with the GB so there is nothing new in what you're saying, it is just the normal pushing ideas here and there to see if one can get supporters against those WHO CLAIMS TO KNOW IT ALL [Jehovah's Witnesses]
In those days we decides to keep arguing against them but our thoughts aren't matching at all and we all know it! embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by malvisguy212: 10:00pm On May 21, 2019
In Zechariah 12 JEHOVAH is speaking (verses 1 and
4). In verse 10 JEHOVAH'S says, "They shall look upon ME whom they have pierced." This can refer to no one other than Jesus Christ (compare John 19:37 and Revelation 1:7).
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 10:15pm On May 21, 2019
I wish you correlate the questions asked and what you presented as answers to the questions:

Here is an extract:

shadeyinka:

Can I please refer you to....

We'll do some bible study here:
1. Why was the Witch of Endor surprised on seeing Samuel?
2. Who spoke to Saul in verses 15,16 and 17?
3. Who did the bible say spoke to Saul in vs 16?

Let me ask you a question:
Is a spirit alive or dead!

Now, below are your answers to the questions:

Barristter07:

" Thus Saul died for the unfaithfulness he had shown against Jehovah because he had not obeyed the word of JehovaJehovah, also for CONSULTING a spirit medium " 1 Chronicle 10:11

Saul contact demons

Spirit is Breath of life ! Gen 2:7

Animals also have it. Human spirit is Not a personality!

You will note that I didn't ask about the history of Saul nor the definition of a spirit.

Watch your definition of spirit as breath of life and check if it is totally defining what a spirit is

Please substitute "breath of life" anytime you see spirit
[b]Ps 104:4:

"Who makes his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:"

Heb 1:7:
"And of the angels he said, Who makes his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire."

Please check the Scripture below and answer the following question

Gen 2:7: "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

If God breath into the nose of man and man became a living soul, did God also breath into the noses of animals?

The Quote below is Food for thought: not to be answered!
Could it be that man was created as a "soul" Spiritually dead?
Could it be that God's breath gave man's soul Spiritual life?

Could it be that when God said "on the day you eat of the tree you shall surely die " was referring to man's Spiritual life?
Could it be that all humans are born spiritually dead?

By the term:
Spirit is Breath of life ! Gen 2:7

1. Do you mean that the Spirit of man is the breathing of man?
2. What is the difference between a spirit and soul and body of man?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 21, 2019
malvisguy212:
In Zechariah 12 JEHOVAH is speaking (verses 1 and
4). In verse 10 JEHOVAH'S says, "They shall look upon ME whom they have pierced." This can refer to no one other than Jesus Christ (compare John 19:37 and Revelation 1:7).
Its ok Sir, you're doing fine in quoting the Bible to support what you believe.
Jesus said 'by their fruit' Matthew 7:15-20
Paul listed the fruit of the spirit and that of the flesh. Galatians 5:19-23
Please try to exhibit the fruit that is beneficial and you need not worry about arguments because honesthearted and sincere individuals will SEE the WORKS of your FAITH and come closer to you! James 2:26
As for Jehovah's Witnesses, their good works have earned them the trust of intellectuals all around the globe unless people who thinks too much of themselves that will speak evil of that organization. But humble people will tell you 'Jehovah's Witnesses have got the world's NICEST people in their group!'
So please try to earn such virtuous repute and leave the rest in the hands of sincere observers!
As regards Zachariah's prophecy, different translations of the Bible rendered verse 10 of Chapter 12 differently!

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 10:29pm On May 21, 2019
Look at my writeup again then, I'll ask you questions based on the Scripture presented and not on what you have memorized

shadeyinka:

Do, you see how you ignore the obvious interpretation to weave a complex web of theory to justify your theology? Let me ignore this for now and let us focus on the 144,000. You know I asked two questions about them but you haven't responded.

1. You say only the 144,000 has the name of Jehovah written on their foreheads

Rev 21:24-27; 22:3-4:
"And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honor into it. And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. And they shall bring the glory and honor of the nations into it. And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defiles, neither whatever works abomination, or makes a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life. … And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads."

Please are these nation still the 144,000?

2. Where is the new Jerusalem and the Throne of God?

Rev 21:2-5:[/ b]
"And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, [b]Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, [/b]and he will [b]dwell with them
, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them , and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. And he that sat on the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said to me, Write: for these words are true and faithful."
1. Who is Rev 21:24-27; 22:3-4 above refering to?
2. Who is Rev 21:2-5: above refering to?

TATIME:
ONLY the name of Jesus is WRITTEN on their heads unlike the 144,000 BORN AGAINS who were chosen and anointed with the spirit by the Father HIMSELF.
The 144,000 has both names because God acknowledges them as his spirit anointed sons! Roman 8:15, Galatians 4:6 compared to John 14:36
Only Jesus and the 144,000 had DIRECT dealing with the Father while all obedient mankind MUST deal with the son! smiley
Please calm down, it is not difficult to understand! smiley

I am not asking you to regurgitate the memory verses you have crammed in your head. I have showed you from the Scriptures that believers in every nation have the name of Jehovah on their heads.

Just look deeply into the word of God and answer truthfully!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by malvisguy212: 10:31pm On May 21, 2019
Maximus69:
Its ok Sir, you're doing fine in quoting the Bible to support what you believe.
Jesus said 'by their fruit' Matthew 7:15-20
Paul listed the fruit of the spirit and that of the flesh. Galatians 5:19-23
Please try to exhibit the fruit that is beneficial and you need not worry about arguments because honesthearted and sincere individuals will SEE the WORKS of your FAITH and come closer to you! James 2:26
As for Jehovah's Witnesses, their good works have earned them the trust of intellectuals all around the globe unless people who thinks too much of themselves that will speak evil of that organization. But humble people will tell you 'Jehovah's Witnesses have got the world's NICEST people in their group!'
So please try to earn such virtuous repute and leave the rest in the hands of sincere observers!
As regards Zachariah's prophecy, different translations of the Bible rendered verse 10 of Chapter 12 differently!
very lame excuse. okay here is this one In Exodus 3:14-15 we learn that JEHOVAH is
the great "I AM." According to the Gospel of John, Who is the great "I AM" ?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 10:45pm On May 21, 2019
Janosky:

Bro,in other words you're saying that God created poisonous snakes (akin to tree of knowing good/bad) to be with man fully knowing such would be harmful , it's "not consistent with God's nature"

*** But you're missing the point.
** God created Adam and gave him simple commands. Gen 2:16,17
"This is love for God: to OBEY his commands" 1 John 5:3.

** That tree in the middle of the garden is symbol of God's authority over man & Adam's dependence on his Maker.

Adam's obedience to God's commands is a reflection of his love for God & dependence on God (that is God's sovereignty or right to rule over Adam/mankind).

Adam exercised his free will by his choice to disobey his Maker, (that is Adam chosed independence from God or he rejected God's sovereignty).

The choices man makes and the results/ consequences....
That is the heart of the matter.
For instance, knife has it's proper place in the affairs of men (domestic use in the process of cooking), it wasn't meant to be a weapon for criminal activities.
Eccl7:29. Jer2:13. Mark 7:9.

Everything God created was VERY GOOD , including the tree planted in the middle of the garden. Gen1:31
You cannot bring yourself to accept that
Rom 8:28-30:
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified."

The Failure of man is still working out for the good of God's own

The tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil was deliberately planted by God as a means of selection of the Sheep from the Goats.

All humans were created with free will to choose whether to remain dependent on Him or choose total independence from Him. Freewill is nothing if it is constrained from independent actions.

Did God know that the earth would be subject to sin, pain, death and depreciation as a result if man fail "the exam"?
YES!
But did God know that out of the chaos, many will come out bright like the sun?
YES!

That was why the Lamb of God was prepared from the foundation of the world

Rev 13:8:
"And all that dwell on the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world."
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 10:48pm On May 21, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

It's so funny seeing the association of heretics and Satanist saying I'm unchrist-like simply because I call them by their name grin

If these liars were around during the time of Jesus, they will say he was not Christ-like for flogging traders in the temple and for always saying "woe to the Pharisees".

They complain that I'm using harsh words on them for being heretics who preach a different gospel. They forgot that Paul used a harsh word when he cursed heretics as seen below. To them, Paul is not Christ-like.

Galataians 1:8
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Shadeyinka, can you see how that Satanist has joined ranks with the heretics?
I think you should ignore anyone who distracts from your purpose of preaching, teaching and edification.

Galataians 1:8
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

But the curse is not from us.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 10:53pm On May 21, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

You speak the truth.
But just a little while, peradventure one or more will look a little more closely at the word of truth.

It's impossible by force of reasoning to convince a JWs witness. Theirs is a strong chain and bound that only the grace of Christ can break free. Most of them will die only to know that they have believed lies all their lives.

Cc: malvisguy212:
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 10:59pm On May 21, 2019
malvisguy212:
when you read there Bible , Lord (kurios) are translated as Jehovah, but the word Lord is use for Jesus. so in there Bible when it's comes to Jesus, they are very cartful to use the word Lord for Jesus.

what must I do to be save ? if your answer point to SELF ,it mean you are standing on a sanding ground . but if your answer point to the CROSS ( JESUS) it mean you are standing on a ROCKY GROUND. thank you my brother, I enjoy your contributions on this atheistic forum .
Highly inconsistent both in Bible translation and interpretation. Even when they read things in black and white, they don't see. They see only what the organisation has told them to believe

You will note how they will side-stepped this verse.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by malvisguy212: 11:13pm On May 21, 2019
shadeyinka:

You speak the truth.
But just a little while, peradventure one or more will look a little more closely at the word of truth.

It's impossible by force of reasoning to convince a JWs witness. Theirs is a strong chain and bound that only the grace of Christ can break free. Most of them will die only to know that they have believed lies all their lives.

Cc: malvisguy212:
that why I respect a Christian brother call Emasu'n . this guy has been debating with JW friends for long , he is to patients with them.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 11:19pm On May 21, 2019
malvisguy212:
that why I respect a Christian brother call Emasu'n . this guy has been debating with JW friends for long , he is to patients with them.
For the sake of one or two that the Lord will save...it is worth it.

I just pulled out some things about the text you quoted. I'll copy you when I'm done.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by malvisguy212: 11:25pm On May 21, 2019
shadeyinka:

For the sake of one or two that the Lord will save...it is worth it.

I just pulled out some things about the text you quoted. I'll copy you when I'm done.
o yes, you are right . in this perilous time, people need to be saved. thank you

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 11:58pm On May 21, 2019
i will start posting jw beliefs and how it contradicts the bible.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 21, 2019
its time to expose jehovah witness organisation for who they are
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 12:01am On May 22, 2019
do you know that the foundation of Jehovah witness organisation is tied to fremason, a satanic cult?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 12:03am On May 22, 2019
Please let's get the correct translation that is not misleading sincere believers.

I call out:
@Maximus69 , Janosky , TATIME , Barristter07 ,

Cc: solite3 , alBHAGDADI, malvisguy212 ,

Please note the Differences in translation. Like someone is deliberately mistranslating a verse to say something else.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS TRANSLATION
Zech 12:9-11:
And in that day I will be certain to annihilate all the nations that come against Jerusalem.l
10 “I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the spirit of favor and supplication, and they will look to the one whom they pierced,m and they will wail over him as they would wail over an only son; and they will grieve bitterly over him as they would grieve over a firstborn son. 11 In that day the wailing in Jerusalem will be great, like the wailing at Ha·dad·rimʹmon in the Plain of Me·gidʹdo.

NEW KING JAMES TRANSLATION

"And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. And I will pour on the house of David, and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look on me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon."

Are these two translations the same?

Look at the subtle differences:
NWT: look to the one would refer to Christ as Different from Jehovah
NKJV: look on me would refer to Jehovah as the same as Christ

I pulled out the interlinear Hebrew-English literal Translations

https://biblehub.com/interlinear/zechariah/12.htm

Then I pulled out the occurrence usage of the word en-lay in the bible.

https://biblehub.com/hebrew/elai_413.htm

The key word is en-lay appears 446 times (directly not in its variant form) in the old testament.
It is too long to fit a screenshot hence I've done just one page. The link is provided above for those interested.

En-lay has been translated as

About
To me
Towards me
Then
To
And to
Then
For
Against
Can
To us
Then
And do
In

I couldn't do the frequency of each word cause my hardcopy Strong Dictionary is not around but you can just look at the link provided.

Of the 446 times the word en-lay occurs in the Hebrew, NOT ONCE was it translated as to the one ( or it's variant)

Please look at the Evidence provided.
Even though you are no Hebrew expert but is this not important enough to look at AGAIN?
Suppose Jehovah is the Christ, what other things have been hidden due to deliberate misinformation?

If you feel that your translation is perfect, let's hear your views.

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 12:13am On May 22, 2019
malvisguy212:
God is our help!

I wish I could be more patient to them but I'm not. It takes a measure of self control when you note that ordinary English is not understood when it comes to the Scriptures if it doesn't line up with what their organisation teaches.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 1:03am On May 22, 2019
shadeyinka:
Please let's get the correct translation that is not misleading sincere believers.

I call out:
@Maximus69 , Janosky , TATIME , Barristter07 ,

Cc: solite3 , alBHAGDADI, malvisguy212 ,

Please note the Differences in translation. Like someone is deliberately mistranslating a verse to say something else.

JEHOVAH'S WITNESS TRANSLATION
And in that day I will be certain to annihilate all the nations that come against Jerusalem.l
10 “I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the spirit of favor and supplication, and they will look to the one whom they pierced,m and they will wail over him as they would wail over an only son; and they will grieve bitterly over him as they would grieve over a firstborn son. 11 In that day the wailing in Jerusalem will be great, like the wailing at Ha·dad·rimʹmon in the Plain of Me·gidʹdo.

NEW KING JAMES TRANSLATION

"And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. And I will pour on the house of David, and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look on me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn. In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon."

Are these two translations the same?

Look at the subtle differences:
NWT: look to the one would refer to Christ as Different from Jehovah
NKJV: look on me would refer to Jehovah as the same as Christ

I pulled out the interlinear Hebrew-English literal Translations

https://biblehub.com/interlinear/zechariah/12.htm

Then I pulled out the occurrence usage of the word en-lay in the bible.

https://biblehub.com/hebrew/elai_413.htm

The key word is en-lay appears 446 times (directly not in its variant form) in the old testament.
It is too long to fit a screenshot hence I've done just one page. The link is provided above for those interested.

En-lay has been translated as

About
To me
Towards me
Then
To
And to
Then
For
Against
Can
To us
Then
And do
In

I couldn't do the frequency of each word cause my hardcopy Strong Dictionary is not around but you can just look at the link provided.

Of the 446 times the word en-lay occurs in the Hebrew, NOT ONCE was it translated as to the one ( or it's variant)

Please look at the Evidence provided.
Even though you are no Hebrew expert but is this not important enough to look at AGAIN?
Suppose Jehovah is the Christ, what other things have been hidden due to deliberate misinformation?

If you feel that your translation is perfect, let's hear your views.
my brother, new world translation where do I even start from? The new world translation is a heavily manipulated book not a bible based on the heresy of wescott translation.
it is heavily mutilated and crafted to suit the belief of the witness organisation.

they remove or change any verse that point Our Lord Jesus as God, strip him of his glory and made him a creature remove any allusion to the holy Spirit as a person and made him to be just a force.
take note that "The Force" is an important term in the ocult society.

take your time and research through the history of Jehovah witness and you will be shocked at your findings.

the people called Jehovah witness are like sheep only a selected few in the innermost circle truly know the aim of the society just as the latter day saint,the roman catholic church and other antichristian organisation out there.

look at the name of their book,new world translation which is also synonymous with the new world order in which a new world system of a totalitarian world government takes over in order to establish peace and safety on earth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (77) (Reply)

Osole Owo Aye (money Ritual To See Money To Live Life) / T.B Joshua: Pastor Adeboye's Condolence Letter To Evelyn Joshua / Man Burns Church Over Failed Prophecies In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.