Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness (67199 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Commercial Driver Prays As A Muslim, Christian And Traditionalist Before A Trip / Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Janosky: 2:06pm On May 23, 2019
Barristter07:

Which excuse ? Lol.

Go back and answer the question on KJV translation and let's see whose translation err . who was pierced ? Who was mourned ?

Sudden change from ME to HIM grin

Go and address it.

I will expose his deceitful posts on Zechariah 12:10 for ALL to see.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Janosky: 2:54pm On May 23, 2019
shadeyinka5:

For any organisation that wouldn't have shame to edit

Zech 12:10:
"And I will pour on the house of David, and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look on me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn."

To read what they hoped it would be: they are ready to forge a lie and distort the word of truth!

Shadeyinka 's baseless rants and LIES EXPOSED...
Let's check out each Hebrew word for each English word meaning in Zech12:10.
* Since Hebrew is the source language of Zech12:10, it's the Hebrew meaning that is Paramount.
**https://biblehub.com/zechariah/12-10.htm

Scroll down to "Lexicon"
* * LEXICON
" Then I will pour out
(Strong's Hebrew8210 meaning-
to spill forth, to expend)

on
( Strong's Hebrew5921 meaning- above, over, upon, against)

the house
(Strong's Hebrew1004 meaning-
a house)

of David
(Strong's Hebrew1732 meaning- perhaps beloved one, a son of Jesse)

and on
( Strong's Hebrew5921meaning- above ,over, upon, against)

the residents
( Strong's Hebrew3427 meaning-
to sit down, to dwell, to settle , to marry)

of Jerusalem
( Strong's Hebrew meaning- probably foundation of peace, capital city of Israel)

a spirit
( Strong's Hebrew7307 meaning-
wind, breath,exhalation, life, anger, unsubstantiality, a region of the sky,spirit)

of grace (Strong's Hebrew2580 meaning- graciousness....)

and prayer (Strong's Hebrew8469 meaning- supplication for favor)

and they will look (Strong's Hebrew5027 meaning- to scan , look intently at, to regard)

-ON ME, (Strong's Hebrew413 meaning- near, with, among, to )

-THE ONE (Strong's Hebrew meaning- who ,which, what, that, when, where, how ,because,
in order that)

-they have pierced. (Strong's Hebrew1856 meaning- to stab , to starve , to revile).

They will mourn (Strong's Hebrew 5594 meaning- to tear the hair and beat the breast, to lament, to wail)

for Him (Strong's Hebrew 5921 meaning- above over upon against)

as one mourns (Strong's Hebrew 5594 meaning- to lament, to wail..)

an only child (Strong's Hebrew3173 meaning- united, sole ,beloved, lonely, the life)

and weep bitterly (Strong's Hebrew4843 meaning- to be, bitter)

for him (Strong's Hebrew 5921 meaning- ..

as one grieves (Strong's Hebrew 4843 meaning- to be, bitter)

a firstborn (Strong's Hebrew1060- meaning- firstborn, chief).

* Hebrew's "On Me" meaning Near, With, Among, TO.
Therefore "look at the one", see the one" ( CEV, GNT, NWT & RSV ) are even more AUTHENTIC than the deceptive fraud of KJV.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 3:21pm On May 23, 2019
Barristter07:

First, There are various translations that rendered the Greek word e-lay differently and not me in all context , the root meaning can also mean WHOM ! . Keep in mind that the strong concordance in your screenshot only highlight the KJV usages .

Secondly, But let us look at the KJV context and see If it support the " Me " translation.

"And I will pour on the house of David, and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look on me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn."

Why the sudden change from ME to HIM ?

A question to you shadeyinka . so who is pierced, who is mourned for ?

I cannot laugh grin . I want answers
I hope you know that most old testament Prophecies are POETIC. Zechariah was delivering his message in poetic form.

Hence, you needn't change the original text from what it is saying to something else. Changing "on me" to "on him" is robbery!

The "Me" is the "Him"!
If it was meant to be "on Him" why didn't the Hebrew writer put it in exactly the form you desire?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Emusan(m): 3:29pm On May 23, 2019
Barristter07:
Your point exactly: Is it wrong to add the word " OTHER " for emphasis ?

So to you adding the word OTHER in those verses didn't change the narration and the intended point of the original writer....

Wasn't the word OTHER added to place Jesus as second created being

If other translations do it, it's to support their false doctrine but if JWs does it, it's justified and right!

Hypocrisy and JWs are 5&6
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Emusan(m): 3:35pm On May 23, 2019
Barristter07:

First, There are various translations that rendered the Greek word e-lay differently and not me in all context , the root meaning can also mean WHOM ! . Keep in mind that the strong concordance in your screenshot only highlight the KJV usages .

Secondly, But let us look at the KJV context and see If it support the " Me " translation.

Why the sudden change from ME to HIM ?

A question to you shadeyinka . so who is pierced, who is mourned for ?

I cannot laugh grin . I want answers

Are you saying Zec 12:10 isn't talking about Jesus Christ or what is your point exactly?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Janosky: 3:42pm On May 23, 2019
shadeyinka:

I hope you know that most old testament Prophecies are POETIC. Zechariah was delivering his message in poetic form.

Hence, you needn't change the original text from what it is saying to something else. Changing "on me" to "on him" is robbery!

The "Me" is the "Him"!
If it was meant to be "on Him" why didn't the Hebrew writer put it in exactly the form you desire?

Go and learn , rather than grasp straws, making baseless rants built on falsehood.
" ON ME" in Hebrew, what is the meaning?
https://biblehub.com/zechariah/12-10.htm
*Lexicon
" On me" - Strong's Hebrew413, meaning- "Near, With, Among, To"

Look TO the one (Strong's Hebrew 843 " the one " meaning who, which, what, that, when, where, how, because)" they have pierced.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Janosky: 4:30pm On May 23, 2019
shadeyinka5:

You are still learning from your mentor Paul Joseph Goebbels !

Sinister!
Doesn't "other" change the narrative?
Why don't you use "other" in every other places at least we shall know that you are consistent!

https://biblehub.com/text/acts/ 12-22.htm
"And the people were crying out, Of (theou) a god (this is the) voice, and not of a man"

Mr man, explain to us why your KJV was never consistent in it's rendition of Greek 'theou' everywhere in your KJV Bible?

How did indefinite article ('a') find it's way into the KJV when it does not even exist in any koine Greek or Bible manuscript ?

Does not "a" change the narrative at Acts 12:22 whereas "a" was not placed before 'theou' elsewhere?

Isn't it sinister?
cc: Emusan
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Janosky: 4:42pm On May 23, 2019
Emusan:

So to you adding the word OTHER in those verses didn't change the narration and the intended point of the original writer....

Wasn't the word OTHER added to
place Jesus as second created being

If other translations do it, it's to support their false doctrine but if JWs does it, it's justified and right!

Janosky:

"And the people were crying out, Of (theou) a god (this is the) voice, and not of a man"

Mr man, explain to us why your KJV was never consistent in it's rendition of Greek 'theou' everywhere in your KJV Bible?

How did indefinite article ('a') find it's way into the KJV when it does not even exist in any koine Greek or Bible manuscript ?

Does not "a" change the narrative at Acts 12:22 whereas "a" was not placed before 'theou' elsewhere?

Isn't it sinister?
Oga Emusan ,
So, what's the intended point of adding the word "a" before 'theou' @ Acts12;22?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Emusan(m): 5:42pm On May 23, 2019
Janosky:

Oga Emusan ,
So, what's the intended point of adding the word "a" before 'theou' @ Acts12;22?

Do you now agree that NWT did the same thing you people are always accused other translations for?

That's the point....

But you will castigate others translations but trying to justify the reason why NWT did it and never the reason why other did it....

Hypocrite!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 5:49pm On May 23, 2019
Barristter07:

Born again is also new birth , Peter explains

This inheritance concerning the NEW BIRTH " is reserved IN THE HEAVENS for you "

Reserved indicated its a future hope , isn't it ?

John ask : Who are they?

The Angel replied: " These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation " - Rev 7:14

The great tribulation occur on earth! Am presently on earth, yet am before the throne of God. The angel also explained another vital point . " They will hunger no more nor thirst anymore "

No more indicate such a thing as been existing before ... Where did such occur ? Earth!

How exactly are this related to the point ?

Check peters explanation to the born again or new birth issue . its for an inheritance reserved in the heavens .

What human born is human, what Spirit born is ? grin grin
First who are these people:
A great multitude who came out of the great tribulation (tribulation on earth) but where are they? (Where did John see them?)

Rev 7:14-15,17:
"And I said to him, Sir, you know. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sits on the throne shall dwell among them. … For the Lamb which is in the middle of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them to living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes."

Where is the throne of God?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 6:20pm On May 23, 2019
Barristter07:

Read again.

" Everything on dry land that had the breath of the spirit of life in its nostrils died " - Genesis 7:22

The highlighted should ring a bell ?

Just like man, they have this breath right there on their Nostrils.

To let you know the entire pagan Greek concept you read into Jesus words are not there , let me use the highlighted part as example .

You are a pathetic liar , he didn't say ordinary soul In hell ( KJV ) . he said body and soul. Together.

It says BOTH BODY and SOUL IN HELL ?

@shadeyinka , @shadeyinka5 ... Do you agree with this that Body and soul go to hell ?

How come Body of people don't go to hell today but are buried ?

Question tagged W1. Very important .

You mean spirit don't have literal hands grin . thank you, we will keep this for later .

The bible said the spirit will return to God ... Are you saying spirit do not return to God anymore ?

If it does where is God located ?

This happened after he was RESSURECTED.

" He was put to death in flesh, Made ALIVE In spirit , by which he went "

Clearly that was after he was raised up as a Spirit being. After been killed as an human being.

The people called dead here are still very much physically alive. People can still judge them and their behaviours as seen above

So this is spiritual death NOT the issue here .

Let me first address 1Pt @bolded!

I will copy an extended version as you never seem to read the bible in context.

1Pet 3:18-20:
"For Christ also has once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and preached to the spirits in prison; Which sometime were disobedient, when once the long-suffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water."

1Pet 4:5-6:
Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead. For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead , that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit."

Is your conclusion still that

The people called dead here are still very much physically alive. People can still judge them and their behaviours as seen above
?

Jesus was put to death in the body and rose as a body
1. If Jesus rose as a Spirit why did he say "do not touch me.."
John 20:17:
"Jesus said to her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brothers, and say to them, I ascend to my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God."

2. If Jesus rose as a spirit, how could he be touched?
John 20:27:
"Then said he to Thomas, Reach here your finger, and behold my hands; and reach here your hand, and thrust it into my side: [/b]and be not faithless, but believing."

3. If Jesus rose as a Spirit, how could he eat?

[b]Luk 24:40-43:

"And when he had thus spoken, he showed them his hands and his feet. And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said to them, Have you here any meat? And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. And he took it, and did eat before them."

Can you see your false theology?

The rest of your post isn't worth a response!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 6:23pm On May 23, 2019
Maximus69:
Note that
KNOWLEDGE is ~The accumulation of useful information!
WISDOM is ~The PRACTICAL APPLICATION of accumulated information for lasting benefits!
The Bible was
WRITTEN by Jehovah's Witnesses!
COPIED by Jehovah's Witnesses!
TRANSLATED by Jehovah's Witnesses!
SPREAD by Jehovah's Witnesses!
While Satan have tried to stop the circulation of God's word and failed, he changed the strategy to misinterpretation of the words so that readers will only read but deluded as regards the PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS of it.
Jesus [in the Spirit] came back to inspect how what he laid is progressing and found out that Satan have overturned everything, Jesus started going from one religious group to another until he finds the group that is ready to make amendments for progress. That is why Jehovah's Witnesses began making changes both in GROUP name, doctrines and translations.
I know you won't agree with this but Jesus himself when he first visited the earth in flesh dwell with those who were ready to make AMENDMENTS against all odds! Today Jesus is working tirelessly in making his father's organization improve RAPIDLY.
So it's left for each and every individual to meditate thoroughly on what is happening in order to IDENTIFY God's organization!
But if you feel this is another misconception, then go out there and make what you're saying WORK in the midst of those adhering to it. That is if you can even find any group UNITEDLY agreeing on it! cheesy
Jehovah's Witnesses are WORKING and the whole earth can feel their movement as on happy global family of zealous peachers a teachers in one ACCORD! 1Corinthians 1:10, Philippians 2:2
So instead of TALKS TALKS TALKS, get to WORK and let us see how practical what you're saying is! cheesy
For your information, you've misconstrued the concept of WORKS but i just kept laughing at all of you when you keep saying 'it is by FAITH and not by WORKS'
Because the WORKS our brothers wrote against is not the WORKS instituted by Jesus himself but the WORKS of the LAW of Moses as in those believing they can gain God's approval through obedience to the Mosaic LAWS, and those who feels that their own good works[not based on the principles laid by Jesus] can earn them divine favour.
As for whoever is WORKING hard to maintain the teachings of Christ and going about to teach others, their is nothing motivating him other than FAITH! cheesy

All these is just stories that has been used to brainwash you. It holds nothing of value.

I presented facts and evidences in form of links and screen shots and the best you have is a history of your organisation!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 6:32pm On May 23, 2019
Maximus69:
@shadeyinka
The word MISINFORMATION connotes wrong ideas!
So let us assume that you're truly INFORMED but try to make what you're saying WORK as in bear the FRUIT that is evident that you're NOT misinformed! cheesy
After Satan have planted falsehood in the interpretation of the WORD, Jehovah's Witnesses were given the power of God's holy spirit to CORRECT all the interpretations of the Bible to PERFECTLY match with the MINDSET of the author[God]
But if you're not convinced of this fact, then go out there and make your preferred interpretation WORKOUT what is fine amongst the adherents. Remember Jehovah is a God of ORDER so there should be PEACE and ONENESS in thought amongst his TRUE worshipers! cheesy
He often calls himself Jehovah of armies! Isaiah 25:6, Zechariah 8:23, Malachi 3:1
Well i served in the military intelligence and i perfectly know what a commander means: ALL THOSE UNDER HIM WORKS ACCORDIND TO HIS ORDER!
If there is any misappropriation thereof, that means SABOTAGE [enemies have overtaken the camp]
So if what your God is saying can't unite all his worshipers to form an army having one thought, i'm sorry Sir your God is a perfect description of a FAILURE in the commands of armies as a COMMADER! wink
I didn't just call it "misinformation" I called it a "Deliberate misinformation". One is forgivable, the other is not!

2Tim 3:16:
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in
righteousness:"

But since your organisation doubt the inspiration, the assumed upon themselves the power to CHANGE the word into what the want it to say.

In the Jehovah's Witness "Hebrew" and "Greek" bibles, do you also insert WORDs to make it say what you want? If a Jew or an Italian were to read your own NW Hebrew/Greek Bible, what would they read?
The bolded is food for thought!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 6:34pm On May 23, 2019
Barristter07:

Which excuse ? Lol.

Go back and answer the question on KJV translation and let's see whose translation err . who was pierced ? Who was mourned ?

Sudden change from ME to HIM grin

Go and address it.

Your point exactly: Is it wrong to add the word " OTHER " for emphasis ?
What does the Hebrew text say?
What does the Greek text say?

Would you also insert WORDs so that the Jew would be decieved?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 6:37pm On May 23, 2019
Janosky:

Hogwash and baseless rants.
Shadeyinka, you're just a lying ,deceitful Pharisee.
I will present the hard evidence soon.
Please do!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 6:45pm On May 23, 2019
Janosky:

Shadeyinka 's baseless rants and LIES EXPOSED...
Let's check out each Hebrew word for each English word meaning in Zech12:10.
* Since Hebrew is the source language of Zech12:10, it's the Hebrew meaning that is Paramount.
**https://biblehub.com/zechariah/12-10.htm

Scroll down to "Lexicon"
* * LEXICON
" Then I will pour out
(Strong's Hebrew8210 meaning-
to spill forth, to expend)

on
( Strong's Hebrew5921 meaning- above, over, upon, against)

the house
(Strong's Hebrew1004 meaning-
a house)

of David
(Strong's Hebrew1732 meaning- perhaps beloved one, a son of Jesse)

and on
( Strong's Hebrew5921meaning- above ,over, upon, against)

the residents
( Strong's Hebrew3427 meaning-
to sit down, to dwell, to settle , to marry)

of Jerusalem
( Strong's Hebrew meaning- probably foundation of peace, capital city of Israel)

a spirit
( Strong's Hebrew7307 meaning-
wind, breath,exhalation, life, anger, unsubstantiality, a region of the sky,spirit)

of grace (Strong's Hebrew2580 meaning- graciousness....)

and prayer (Strong's Hebrew8469 meaning- supplication for favor)

and they will look (Strong's Hebrew5027 meaning- to scan , look intently at, to regard)

-ON ME, (Strong's Hebrew413 meaning- near, with, among, to )

-THE ONE (Strong's Hebrew meaning- who ,which, what, that, when, where, how ,because,
in order that)

-they have pierced. (Strong's Hebrew1856 meaning- to stab , to starve , to revile).

They will mourn (Strong's Hebrew 5594 meaning- to tear the hair and beat the breast, to lament, to wail)

for Him (Strong's Hebrew 5921 meaning- above over upon against)

as one mourns (Strong's Hebrew 5594 meaning- to lament, to wail..)

an only child (Strong's Hebrew3173 meaning- united, sole ,beloved, lonely, the life)

and weep bitterly (Strong's Hebrew4843 meaning- to be, bitter)

for him (Strong's Hebrew 5921 meaning- ..

as one grieves (Strong's Hebrew 4843 meaning- to be, bitter)

a firstborn (Strong's Hebrew1060- meaning- firstborn, chief).

* Hebrew's "On Me" meaning Near, With, Among, TO.
Therefore "look at the one", see the one" ( CEV, GNT, NWT & RSV ) are even more AUTHENTIC than the deceptive fraud of KJV.
Honestly, I don't know what your noise is about.
The way to use Strongs Hebrew-Greek to English Word concordance is to pick the Hebrew or Greek word of interest,
then
Look at the various shades of meanings it could have (without looking at the context)

Your troubles is
ON ME that you translated as ON HIM

It's easy, go back to the Strongs and verify which is the closest meaning.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 6:53pm On May 23, 2019
Janosky:

Go and learn , rather than grasp straws, making baseless rants built on falsehood.
" ON ME" in Hebrew, what is the meaning?
https://biblehub.com/zechariah/12-10.htm
*Lexicon
" On me" - Strong's Hebrew413, meaning- "Near, With, Among, To"

Look TO the one (Strong's Hebrew 843 " the one " meaning who, which, what, that, when, where, how, because)" they have pierced.

Have you used Strongs before?
Check the attached!

Do you think you are referring to the same word?

"Constitute" and "Constitution" look similar but are they not Different?

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 6:55pm On May 23, 2019
shadeyinka:

I didn't just call it "misinformation" I called it a "Deliberate misinformation". One is forgivable, the other is not!

2Tim 3:16:
"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in
righteousness:"

But since your organisation doubt the inspiration, the assumed upon themselves the power to CHANGE the word into what the want it to say.

In the Jehovah's Witness "Hebrew" and "Greek" bibles, do you also insert WORDs to make it say what you want? If a Jew or an Italian were to read your own NW Hebrew/Greek Bible, what would they read?
The bolded is food for thought!
There are lots and lots of our JW brothers and Sisters who are Jews and Italians by birth, all of us are UNITEDLY using the NWT of the holy scriptures and what's more? They're zealously preaching and teaching in their lands and using their languages! wink
So i don't know what caused this headache for you a black African and Nigerian for that matter furiously arguing when the owners of both languages did not stand up to refute the NW translation of JWs! cheesy
Abeg get to WORK! Jews and Italians can SEE the WORKS of FAITH, they BOW to the WISDOM from above so your agitation is FUTILE! cheesy
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 23, 2019
shadeyinka:

All these is just stories that has been used to brainwash you. It holds nothing of value.

I presented facts and evidences in form of links and screen shots and the best you have is a history of your organisation!
GET TO WORK Sir!
There is no sense in arguing over this.
You claim to be a professional baker but your produce is nothing to write home about, even within your locality you can't confidently vouch for your products yet you're agitating,criticizing and antagonizing another baker over the use of flour and other igredients, baking pan, oven and the workers while his products is the fastest and best selling globally! cheesy
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 7:10pm On May 23, 2019
Janosky:

Isn't it sinister?

Very simple:
Have you checked the NWT of the same passage. Why didn't they use "Jehovah" for "a god"?

Act12:22 (NWT)
22 Then the people who were assembled began shouting: “A god’s voice, and not a man’s!”

How did indefinite article ('a') find it's way into the NWT when it does not even exist in any koine Greek or Bible manuscript ?

In the Greek culture, even though theou was used, it wasn't refering to Jehovah. Was it?

Is there a Doctrine that is being protected?
No ulterior motive!

Unlike yours, we know why you do what you do!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 7:20pm On May 23, 2019
Maximus69:
There are lots and lots of our JW brothers and Sisters who are Jews and Italians by birth, all of us are UNITEDLY using the NWT of the holy scriptures and what's more? They're zealously preaching and teaching in their lands and using their languages! wink
So i don't know what caused this headache for you a black African and Nigerian for that matter furiously arguing when the owners of both languages did not stand up to refute the NW translation of JWs! cheesy
Abeg get to WORK! Jews and Italians can SEE the WORKS of FAITH, they BOW to the WISDOM from above so your agitation is FUTILE! cheesy
When a man is Hypnotized, he can be made to see black as white. It's not surprising.

But, did you insert WORDs or change the Hebrew and Greek where it's appropriate for your Doctrine too?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 7:21pm On May 23, 2019
Maximus69:
GET TO WORK Sir!
There is no sense in arguing over this.
You claim to be a professional baker but your produce is nothing to write home about, even within your locality you can't confidently vouch for your products yet you're agitating,criticizing and antagonizing another baker over the use of flour and other igredients, baking pan, oven and the workers while his products is the fastest and best selling globally! cheesy
The thrashing of a drowning man!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Janosky: 7:38pm On May 23, 2019
Emusan:

Do you now agree that NWT did the same thing you people are always accused other translations for?

That's the point....

But you will castigate others translations but trying to justify the reason why NWT did it and never the reason why other did it....

Hypocrite!

Greek 'theou', 'theos', 'theon' meaning "Gods", "God", "god", "gods , lower case or upper case is not significant.
I already know that Acts12:22 NWT, reads 'a god', I'm a Bible student, all JWs are.

The reasons the Greek grammar construct justified "a" before 'theou' @ Acts12:22 is the same reasons John 1:1 MUST have "a" because Greek John 1:1b- 'the Word was with the God', shows that the Word is not the God, they are different beings.

More so, Jesus says He is God's son and God's sons are gods.
The son of God is a god. John 10:34-36.
" The scriptures can not be broken"
Lying Pharisee and hypocrites
like Emusan and shadeyinka are too blind to see it.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 23, 2019
shadeyinka:

The thrashing of a drowning man!
DROWNING MAN that is WORKING out the fine QUALITIES of God's holy spirit! cheesy
Well it is just simple, the so called drowning man is saying 'get to work so that observers can SEE your swimming skills that qualifies you to help those DROWNING!' cheesy
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 23, 2019
shadeyinka:

When a man is Hypnotized, he can be made to see black as white. It's not surprising.

But, did you insert WORDs or change the Hebrew and Greek where it's appropriate for your Doctrine too?
So if the GB of Jehovah's Witnesses are so skilled to the extent of HYPNOTIZING the Jews and Greeks whose languages were used to write the Bible, making them lovers of other HYPNOTIZED races as their own blood brothers and sisters, yet you and your folks who aren't under their SPELLS couldn't even unite in thoughts! embarassed
What do you think you can say to prove that their HYPNOTISM is not BENEFITING the HYPNOTIZED? John 13:34-35 cheesy
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 23, 2019
Janosky:

Greek 'theou', 'theos', 'theon' meaning "Gods", "God", "god", "gods , lower case or upper case is not significant.
I already know that Acts12:22 NWT, reads 'a god', I'm a Bible student, all JWs are.

The reasons the Greek grammar construct justified "a" before 'theou' @ Acts12:22 is the same reasons John 1:1 MUST have "a" because Greek John 1:1b- 'the Word was with the God', shows that the Word is not the God, they are different beings.

Oh Janosky!
You're just given them what is holy! Matthew 7:6
Instead of tormenting them with their own weapons [ denial of facts and realities]
They will never learn the truth as long as it could be found ONLY with the JWs, so let them GET TO WORK and make use of the TRUTH they think they're having!
After all TRUTH has the powers to unite people in thoughts after reproving, correcting with worthy doctrines! 2Timothy 3:16
But if they're not united in thoughts then what is their problem with JWs who simply hold a different thought? Are they also not having different thoughts?
So why focusing only on the JWs, if not that they're all hypocrites?
Please tell them to GET TO WORK so that honesthearted observers could SEE their fine qualities as they're able to MAKE PEACE within different races just as JWs have succeeded in doing! Isaiah 2:2-4 , Micah 4:1-3
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 8:35pm On May 23, 2019
Maximus69:
So if the GB of Jehovah's Witnesses are so skilled to the extent of HYPNOTIZING the Jews and Greeks whose languages were used to write the Bible, making them lovers of other HYPNOTIZED races as their own blood brothers and sisters, yet you and your folks who aren't under their SPELLS couldn't even unite in thoughts! embarassed
What do you think you can say to prove that their HYPNOTISM is not BENEFITING the HYPNOTIZED? John 13:34-35 cheesy
If you know just a little about Hypnosis, you'll know that it's not a race thing.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 8:36pm On May 23, 2019
Maximus69:

DROWNING MAN that is WORKING out the fine QUALITIES of God's holy spirit! cheesy
Well it is just simple, the so called drowning man is saying 'get to work so that observers can SEE your swimming skills that qualifies you to help those DROWNING!' cheesy
Tata tat tat Ra!??
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Emusan(m): 8:43pm On May 23, 2019
Janosky:

You're just attacking a straw man.

My post to your brother is about Col 1:16-17 which he agreed the word OTHER was added for emphasis.

But look how foolish you change the whole point of discussion and begin to beat about the bush.

Notice what you're doing here, you're telling us reason why a word can be inserted. I have asked you before, so do you think other translations can justify the reason they also added some words into their own translations?

It is so stupid to think JWs are the only one who have right to defend insertion into their translation and also hypocrisy to accuse someone of what you yourself is doing.

The other day, you said to promote Trinity the translator of KJV fraudulently inserted the word GOD in 1 Tim 3:16

Your reason: The word GOD doesn't appear in the original manuscript.

But when I pointed you to Acts 20:28 where your own organization inserted the word SON which doesn't appear in the original manuscript to promote their own devilish doctrine, your tune changed!

What did you do? You didn't see it as a fraudulent act and way of promoting watchtower doctrine but you were roaming about trying to justify why watchtower did so...which you couldn't do with the same KJV.....Hypocrite!

Lastly, it's evident that NWT translator intentionally and fraudulently inserted words into their own translation to promote their own devilish doctrines.

Since you agree with Greek grammar construct here

If you're such an honest being, kindly shows us how the Greek grammar construct justified OTHER in between ALL THINGS in Colossians 1

I know you'll begin to sing another song now.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 2:12am On May 24, 2019
malvisguy212:
that's another problem you JW have to solve. I know, the Bible speak of a particular Angel that the Bible address as the ANGEL OF THE LORD.

The angel of the LORD called to
Abraham a second time from
heaven ( Genesis 22:15 ).

In this instance the angel of the LORD, who called out to Abraham, seems to be the LORD Himself. so this is even more problems to you guys.

Lol, so let me get you clearly ... Are you saying Jesus =Angel ? grin
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 2:14am On May 24, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

They don't know that THE ANGEL of the Lord is different from AN ANGEL of the Lord.

Angel is Angel o grin

Are you saying Jesus = Angel ?

I must bookmark this thread grin grin
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 2:16am On May 24, 2019
Maximus69:
Hmmm,
That is WISDOM!
ANGEL is different from ANGEL, but God is not different from God? cheesy John 1:1 compared to John 1:18 and 1Corinthians 15:27-28
Abeg give this guy a MEDAL! cheesy

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (77) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Reacts To Snapchat Photos With Stephanie Oboto / Osole Owo Aye (money Ritual To See Money To Live Life) / T.B Joshua: Pastor Adeboye's Condolence Letter To Evelyn Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.