Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness - Religion (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness (67317 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Commercial Driver Prays As A Muslim, Christian And Traditionalist Before A Trip / Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 2:19am On May 24, 2019
Barristter07:

First, There are various translations that rendered the Greek word e-lay differently and not me in all context , the root meaning can also mean WHOM ! . Keep in mind that the strong concordance in your screenshot only highlight the KJV usages .

Secondly, But let us look at the KJV context and see If it support the " Me " translation.

Zech 12:10:
"And I will pour on the house of David, and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look on me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn."

Why the sudden change from ME to HIM ?

A question to you shadeyinka . so who is pierced, who is mourned for ?

I cannot laugh grin . I want answers

Na someone else dem Pierce , na another dem mourn .

What a translation grin grin
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 2:22am On May 24, 2019
shadeyinka5:

You are still learning from your mentor Paul Joseph Goebbels !

Sinister!
Doesn't "other" change the narrative?
Why don't you use "other" in every other places at least we shall know that you are consistent!

Name calling grin , simple question: Is it wrong to use other in translation ?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 2:24am On May 24, 2019
Barristter07:
There is a question tagged W1 . vital
Related to Matthew 10;28 quoted by shadeyinka,

Expecting your responses.

Thank you for that point

@ alBHAGDADI , shadeyinka

Body and soul in HELL ?

Why is body not following soul to hell presently ooooo ? grin grin
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 2:27am On May 24, 2019
Emusan:

So to you adding the word OTHER in those verses didn't change the narration and the intended point of the original writer....

Wasn't the word OTHER added to place Jesus as second created being

If other translations do it, it's to support their false doctrine but if JWs does it, it's justified and right!

Hypocrisy and JWs are 5&6

Emusan agreed Other is not wrong ,

Stop attacking straw man, Why is Jesus called Son of God if he wasn't ccreated ?

Since he is created, JW are right
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 2:30am On May 24, 2019
shadeyinka:

First who are these people:
A great multitude who came out of the great tribulation (tribulation on earth) but where are they? (Where did John see them?)

Rev 7:14-15,17:
"And I said to him, Sir, you know. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sits on the throne shall dwell among them. … For the Lamb which is in the middle of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them to living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes."

Where is the throne of God?

The guy has replied you beautifully

They are on earth where the great tribulation occured . are we not before the throne of God presently despite been on earth ?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 2:37am On May 24, 2019
shadeyinka:

Let me first address 1Pt @bolded!

I will copy an extended version as you never seem to read the bible in context.

1Pet 3:18-20:
"For Christ also has once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but, quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and preached to the spirits in prison; Which sometime were disobedient, when once the long-suffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water."

Ignorance , the greek word " quickened " means Made Alive or ressurect . smh

The preaching occurred after he was made alive . not while dead

1Pet 4:5-6:
Who shall give account to him that is ready to judge the quick and the dead. For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead , that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit."

Is your conclusion still that
?

Men can still judge them, they are still physically alive . this context is spiritual death mr

Jesus was put to death in the body and rose as a body
1. If Jesus rose as a Spirit why did he say "do not touch me.."
John 20:17:
"Jesus said to her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brothers, and say to them, I ascend to my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God."

2. If Jesus rose as a spirit, how could he be touched?
John 20:27:
"Then said he to Thomas, Reach here your finger, and behold my hands; and reach here your hand, and thrust it into my side: [/b]and be not faithless, but believing."

3. If Jesus rose as a Spirit, how could he eat?

[b]Luk 24:40-43:

"And when he had thus spoken, he showed them his hands and his feet. And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said to them, Have you here any meat? And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. And he took it, and did eat before them."

Can you see your false theology?

The rest of your post isn't worth a response!
Christ was made alive/Ressurected as a Spirit being .
Jesus materialize a human body to be seen.

If he didn't materialize, How come the disciple going to Emmaus didn't recognize the face speaking with them ?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 2:39am On May 24, 2019
shadeyinka:

What does the Hebrew text say?
What does the Greek text say?

Would you also insert WORDs so that the Jew would be decieved?

Is inserting the word other wrong ?

Abeg answer
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Janosky: 2:41am On May 24, 2019
Emusan:

My post to your brother is about Col 1:16-17 which he agreed the word OTHER was added for emphasis.

It is so stupid to think JWs are the only one who have right to defend insertion into their translation and also hypocrisy to accuse someone of what you yourself is doing.

The other day, you said to promote Trinity the translator of KJV fraudulently inserted the word GOD in 1 Tim 3:16

Your reason: The word GOD doesn't appear in the original manuscript.

But when I pointed you to Acts 20:28 where your own organization inserted the word SON which doesn't appear in the original manuscript to promote their own devilish doctrine, your tune changed!

What did you do? You didn't see it as a fraudulent act and way of promoting watchtower doctrine but you were roaming about trying to justify why watchtower did so...which you couldn't do with the same KJV.....Hypocrite!

Since you agree with Greek grammar construct here

If you're such an honest being, kindly shows us how the Greek grammar construct justified OTHER in between ALL THINGS in Colossians 1

I know you'll begin to sing another song now.

Emusan in sifia pains... Lying Pharisee wey no know say scriptures confirmed scriptures.

Jesus said his God and Father did NOT come in the flesh , "The Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have NEVER heard his voice nor seen his form"
John 5:37. Jesus words still refuted your God's own blood falsehood in Acts20:28.

How can God shed his own blood since Jesus said his God and Father was never seen on earth ?
Or you mean Jesus lied.
Go throway your God was manifest in the flesh falsehood for dustbin.

** Jesus says his God and Father granted life to his son, Jesus.
John 5:26.

Jesus Father and God created the universe THROUGH the Word, his spokesman, Jesus. Heb1:1,2.

"OTHER" emphasized what Jesus said in John 5:26 and Paul's account in Heb1:1,2 as AUTHENTIC FACT.
Are you so daft ? How can the one his Father granted life be the Creator?

Paste the words of Matt11;25,26 & Eph 3:14,15 into your brain.
Else ,your mumu is incurable.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 2:42am On May 24, 2019
shadeyinka:

Very simple:
Have you checked the NWT of the same passage. Why didn't they use "Jehovah" for "a god"?

Act12:22 (NWT)
22 Then the people who were assembled began shouting: “A god’s voice, and not a man’s!”

How did indefinite article ('a') find it's way into the NWT when it does not even exist in any koine Greek or Bible manuscript ?

In the Greek culture, even though theou was used, it wasn't refering to Jehovah. Was it?

Is there a Doctrine that is being protected?
No ulterior motive!

Unlike yours, we know why you do what you do!

As far as Jesus is created , no ulterior motive.
If you think Jesus isn't created.
You can tell this thread why Jesus is called Son of God ?

2 Likes

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 4:10am On May 24, 2019
Maximus69:
GET TO WORK Sir!
There is no sense in arguing over this.
You claim to be a professional baker but your produce is nothing to write home about, even within your locality you can't confidently vouch for your products yet you're agitating,criticizing and antagonizing another baker over the use of flour and other igredients, baking pan, oven and the workers while his products is the fastest and best selling globally! cheesy
Hmmmmmmmmmmm!
Maximus, you're a WIZARD in the use illustrations! smiley smiley smiley
(1) Orderliness of the army.
(2) Produce of bakers.
(3) Height of Mountains.
Well, Reasonableness has three arms
: Creative Reasoning.
: Logical Reasoning.
: Critical Reasoning.
I agree with you 100%
Because Theories are just meant to lead intelligence to creativity,while Practical is the justification of Theories.
So if there are theories without the Practicals, then there is nothing to justify such Theories! undecided undecided undecided
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 4:36am On May 24, 2019
shadeyinka5:

Of course the Jehovah's Witness Organisation is working hard to
1. Distort the word of truth by insertions and mistranslation
2. Leading simple men/women to the lake of fire.
3. Holding a form of Religion but denying the power therein
Hmmm,
That is an indisputable logic you've got their Sir! wink
¤They're able to unite [BRAINWASH] their members taken from people of all race under one COMMAND! Isaiah 2:2-4, Micah 4:1-3
¤They've BRAINWASHED them to forgo politics and military services, HYPNOTIZING them so that they can't think of their neighbouring tribes as enemies but brothers!
¤They've thought over 8,000,000 their NONSENSE and INGREDIENTS to form a Global family of like minded adherents!
¤They've changed the orientation of adherents from the pursuit of materialistic lifestyles to zealous and industrious preachers and teachers!
¤They've turned their youths to ZOMBIES who will NEVER criticize or protest against any of the authorities!
¤They've made a BAD name [worse than all the evil deeds ever done by religion] for themselves with their activities!
Because of all these EVIL they've done to humanity, God will roast them all in the Lake of fire!
Truly logical Sir! cheesy
So what are the ACTIVITIES that quantify your DIVIDED religious groups of conflicting teachings and contradicting doctrines in the name of ONE commander 'Jesus'? cheesy
Because it's like your so called COMMANDER said something like 'all that i have COMMANDED you' Matthew 28:20 cheesy
Please can you simply explain as in analyse those COMMANDS and correlate them with your ACTIVITIES as ONE BODY unitedly following the ORDERS of your highly revered COMMANDER?cheesy
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 4:54am On May 24, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Nowhere is it written that those teachings are the foundation of Christianity. They are just teachings about the Jesus who is the foundation of Christianity.

Hebrews 6:1-2 King James Version (KJV)
Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again
the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment

Look at everyone of the doctrines above and see how they point to Jesus.

1 Faith towards God = Jesus
2 Baptism = Done in Jesus name
3 laying of hands = done in Jesus name
4 resurrection of the dead = done by Jesus
5 eternal judgment = done by Jesus

Yet, a deceived person like you says Jesus is not the foundation and that those doctrines are the foundation.

I'm done arguing with you brainwashed GB worshipers.

I'm signing out once and for all. Any mentions will end up in the trash can.
Haaaaaaaa!
SIGNING OUT
I thought you said 'they used to RUN when faced with scrutiny' cheesy
So your so called scrutiny and inquisition is no more worth pursuing! cheesy
Well for your information, these so called CULTIST have been able to used the Bible in EXPOSING you as
(1) a totally misinformed churchgoer!
(2) a retarded and confused dullard yet arrogant with his empty brains!
(3) a truly demon possessed tyrant who feels has godly wisdom!
I wonder where your friend is now, who said you are doing GOOD WORKS! grin
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 4:57am On May 24, 2019
shadeyinka:

Tata tat tat Ra!??
From saviour of all drowning ones! cheesy
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 5:03am On May 24, 2019
Jozzy4:

Is inserting the word other wrong ?

Abeg answer
How would you insert a word in the original Hebrew or Greek text and you still have an excuse?

However we know you have done exactly that for your English text. Please can you give me a link to either a Hebrew version or a Greek version of Jehovah's Witness Organisation printed bible?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 5:05am On May 24, 2019
Jozzy4:

NO! He is EQUAL to God as in they're not two persons but ONE. It is a MYSTERY! Revelations 17:5
That's why they both of them are like Esau and Jacob born the same day, he just preferred to keep referring CONSISTENTLY to his brother/himself as FATHER, while that one preferred referring to his twin/himself as SON!
Please won't you give me an 'Hi~five' for this wonderful interpretatua ? grin

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 5:12am On May 24, 2019
Maximus69:
NO! He is EQUAL to God as in they're not two persons but ONE. It is a MYSTERY! Revelations 17:5
That's why they both of them are like Esau and Jacob born the same day, he just preferred to keep referring CONSISTENTLY to his brother/himself as FATHER, while that one preferred referring to his twin/himself as SON!
Please won't you give me an 'Hi~five' for this wonderful interpretatua ? grin
Please Maximus, enough of all this sarcasm!
Don't turn my intestine upside down with laughter nah, i'm begging you on my knees! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Are you now trying to redefine TRINITY in order to make more sense? wink wink wink

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 5:13am On May 24, 2019
Jozzy4:

Ignorance , the greek word " quickened " means Made Alive or ressurect . smh

The preaching occurred after he was made alive . not while dead

Men can still judge them, they are still physically alive . this context is spiritual death mr

Christ was made alive/Ressurected as a Spirit being .
Jesus materialize a human body to be seen.

If he didn't materialize, How come the disciple going to Emmaus didn't recognize the face speaking with them ?

I put the two Scriptures together so that you can see the context. But, I'm not surprised that you can't.

The bible describes those IN PRISON as who?
When were they in Prison?

"For Christ also has once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but, quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and preached to the spirits in prison; Which sometime were disobedient, when once the long-suffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water."

Please check the highlights in bold and answer my two questions!

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 5:24am On May 24, 2019
Jozzy4:

The guy has replied you beautifully

They are on earth where the great tribulation occured . are we not before the throne of God presently despite been on earth ?

You are saying that these people are on earth, while still before the Throne of God!?

But then, Why did you edit out the questions?

Where is the throne of God? In heaven or on earth?

Rev 7:14-15,17:
"And I said to him, Sir, you know. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sits on the throne shall dwell among them. … For the Lamb which is in the middle of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them to living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes."

To help you out, I have highlighted only "IN HIS TEMPLE"!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 5:31am On May 24, 2019
Jozzy4:

Thank you for that point

@ alBHAGDADI , shadeyinka

Body and soul in HELL ?

Why is body not following soul to hell presently ooooo ? grin grin
Ignorance!

What goes to hell? The soul of man!
The body is in the grave/on the earth
What goes to Lake of Fire? The Body and Soul of man!

Luk 12:5:
"But I will forewarn you whom you shall fear: Fear him, which after he has killed has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, Fear him."

If all God could do is casting an unconscious (dead) person to hell, why should He be feared since man can also put an unconscious corpse in a furnace?

Why do you think Jesus implore us to Fear God rather than in this Scripture?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 5:37am On May 24, 2019
Jozzy4:

Isa 9:6-7:
"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given: and the government shall be on his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, on the throne of David, and on his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from now on even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this."

Jesus was the Son, for He came as a Son in the finite world!

We can argue the beginning of Jesus, but can you argue the beginning of the WORD?

John 1:1:
"In the beginning was the Word , and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

If God created everything with His Word, what did He use to create the Word?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 5:45am On May 24, 2019
shadeyinka:

I put the two Scriptures together so that you can see the context. But, I'm not surprised that you can't.

Please check the highlights in bold and answer my two questions!

(1) They are ANGELS who left there proper place of dwelling and duties only to come having sex with female humans! Jude 6
(2) They were imprisoned after the flood,when they were excommunicated from God!
For your information the term PRISON connotes a place where a person is not chanced to participate in wholesome activities with other well meaning citizens!
And DENSE DARKNESS connotes their state of condition as they no more know anything again about God's programs, that's why they were asking Jesus 'did you come to torment us?' [Matthew 8:29]
While they also kept trying to know the time of their destruction from our messages! 1Peter 1:12
Note that all those having the same thoughts like the demons are agitating against Jehovah's Witnesses due to the appointed time of judgment, so if they find out that the JWs aren't telling them WHEN, the demons organises them to start criticizing us. Sir just learn the TRUTH and leave the times and seasons in God's own jurisdiction, and as for the SIGNS you're demanding Jehovah's Witnesses have gotten more than enough. But as usual, our Master, Lord and King keep saying 'don't go telling them about all these signs i'm showing you, they're STRICTLY for faithful and loyal ones! Mark 7:36,8:30
Now we're his BAPTISED modern day followers, so unlike those who didn't understand him back then but went about DECLARING the SIGNS we keep it to ourselves like his faithful and loyal first century followers! Remember, all what he did was spread abroad NOT by his faithful and loyal disciple[who strictly obey his words] but faithless people who will disobey even after warning them not to tell people! John 6:2 compared to Luke 5:15!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 5:53am On May 24, 2019
shadeyinka:

Ignorance!

What goes to hell? The soul of man!
The body is in the grave/on the earth
What goes to Lake of Fire? The Body and Soul of man!

Luk 12:5:
"But I will forewarn you whom you shall fear: Fear him, which after he has killed has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, Fear him."

If all God could do is casting an unconscious (dead) person to hell, why should He be feared since man can also put an unconscious corpse in a furnace?

Why do you think Jesus implore us to Fear God rather than in this Scripture?
The 'Lake of fire' has been translated by Jesus himself! He said 'it means the SECOND type of death' Revelations 20:14
First death was cause by Adamic sin, which will affect both the good and wicked!
Second death ONLY affects those having no virtuous WORK recorded in God's memory book for them to be remembered for life! Revelations 20:15
Simple as ABC! smiley
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 6:00am On May 24, 2019
shadeyinka:

Isa 9:6-7:
"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given: and the government shall be on his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, on the throne of David, and on his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from now on even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this."

Jesus was the Son, for He came as a Son in the finite world!

We can argue the beginning of Jesus, but can you argue the beginning of the WORD?

John 1:1:
"In the beginning was the Word , and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

If God created everything with His Word, what did He use to create the Word?
He created the WORD single-handedly!
That is what Proverbs 8:22 is saying, there the WORD was quoted as 'God PRODUCED, POSSESSED as in created me FIRST!'
That's why he 'Jesus' was referred to as the FIRSTBORN of all creations! Colossians 1:15
Surely nobody born Jehovah so he couldn't be referred to as FIRST of those BORN! undecided
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 6:01am On May 24, 2019
Maximus69:
Hmmm,
That is an indisputable logic you've got their Sir! wink
¤They're able to unite [BRAINWASH] their members taken from people of all race under one COMMAND! Isaiah 2:2-4, Micah 4:1-3
¤They've BRAINWASHED them to forgo politics and military services, HYPNOTIZING them so that they can't think of their neighbouring tribes as enemies but brothers!
¤They've thought over 8,000,000 their NONSENSE and INGREDIENTS to form a Global family of like minded adherents!
¤They've changed the orientation of adherents from the pursuit of materialistic lifestyles to zealous and industrious preachers and teachers!
¤They've turned their youths to ZOMBIES who will NEVER criticize or protest against any of the authorities!
¤They've made a BAD name [worse than all the evil deeds ever done by religion] for themselves with their activities!
Because of all these EVIL they've done to humanity, God will roast them all in the Lake of fire!
So what are the ACTIVITIES that quantify your DIVIDED religious groups of conflicting teachings and contradicting doctrines in the name of ONE commander 'Jesus'? cheesy
Because it's like your so called COMMANDER said something like 'all that i have COMMANDED you' Matthew 28:20 cheesy
Please can you simply explain as in analyse those COMMANDS and correlate them with your ACTIVITIES as ONE BODY unitedly following the ORDERS of your highly revered COMMANDER?cheesy

You omitted the first paragraph:

While the Governing Body of the Jehovah's Witness Organisation perfected a form of godliness that lead to perdition through deception;

And this is perfectly said:
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 6:18am On May 24, 2019
Maximus69:
He created the WORD single-handedly!
That is what Proverbs 8:22 is saying, there the WORD was quoted as 'God PRODUCED, POSSESSED as in created me FIRST!'
If you had posted the text link, you'll have known that Provides 8:22 speaks about Wisdom not the Word

Maximus69:

That's why he 'Jesus' was referred to as the FIRSTBORN of all creations! Colossians 1:15
Surely nobody born Jehovah so he couldn't be referred to as FIRST of those BORN! undecided
It's the same reason why Jesus was called the LAST/SECOND Adam rather than the first Adam.

1Cor 15:45-49:
"And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. However, that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven. As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly."
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by OkCornel(m): 6:27am On May 24, 2019
Let me get something straight. Is JW of the opinion that:

1) Jesus was created?
2) Jesus and arch-angel Michael are one and same person?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 6:41am On May 24, 2019
TATIME:
The 'Lake of fire' has been translated by Jesus himself! He said 'it means the SECOND type of death' Revelations 20:14
First death was cause by Adamic sin, which will affect both the good and wicked!
Second death ONLY affects those having no virtuous WORK recorded in God's memory book for them to be remembered for life! Revelations 20:15
Simple as ABC! smiley
I didn't ask for your views on hell or lake of fire, I asked two simple question. Please kindly answer then I will look at your views.

Why do you think Jesus implore us to Fear God rather than MAN in this Scripture?

On a second thought, I need to correct your opinion about hell.
1. Sheol/Hell in the old testament is described as the Grave or the Habitation of the Dead
2. Gehenna/Hell in the new testament is first Literally a valley in Jerusalem where some kings of Judah sacrificed their children by Fire, later "the burning place" of refuse: Jesus used the term Gehenna mostly in a figurative sense as a place of torment.

In the gospels, Jesus didn't distinguish between Gehenna and the Lake of Fire. In the book of Revelation we have the distinction.

Let me show you some Scriptures to distinguish between the Literal Grave (burial ground) and Hell (as a Spiritual abode of the wicked)
Mat 5:22: "
But I say to you, That whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whoever shall say, You fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."

Mat 18:9:
"And if your eye offend you, pluck it out, and cast it from you: it is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire."

Do you think these two Scriptures refer to the literal grave?

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 6:42am On May 24, 2019
OkCornel:
Let me get something straight. Is JW of the opinion that:

1) Jesus was created?
2) Jesus and arch-angel Michael are one and same person?
YES! smiley
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 6:51am On May 24, 2019
shadeyinka:

I didn't ask for your views on hell or lake of fire, I asked two simple question. Please kindly answer then I will look at your views.

Why do you think Jesus implore us to Fear God rather than MAN in this Scripture?

On a second thought, I need to correct your opinion about hell.
1. Sheol/Hell in the old testament is described as the Grave or the Habitation of the Dead
2. Gehenna/Hell in the new testament is first Literally a valley in Jerusalem where some kings of Judah sacrificed their children by Fire, later "the burning place" of refuse: Jesus used the term Gehenna mostly in a figurative sense as a place of torment.

In the gospels, Jesus didn't distinguish between Gehenna and the Lake of Fire. In the book of Revelation we have the distinction.

Let me show you some Scriptures to distinguish between the Literal Grave (burial ground) and Hell (as a Spiritual abode of the wicked)
Mat 5:22: "
But I say to you, That whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whoever shall say, You fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."

Mat 18:9:
"And if your eye offend you, pluck it out, and cast it from you: it is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire."

Do you think these two Scriptures refer to the literal grave?

Yes Sir, there is no program for wicked people in God's plan so death is symbolised by all those texts. The only difference between hell[ sheoul or hades] and Gehenna [lake of fire] is that one has the chance of resurrection[a come back to life] but the other meant final destruction [no hope of living again]
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 6:59am On May 24, 2019
TATIME:

(1) They are ANGELS who left there proper place of dwelling and duties only to come having sex with female humans! Jude 6
(2) They were imprisoned after the flood,when they were excommunicated from God!
For your information the term PRISON connotes a place where a person is not chanced to participate in wholesome activities with other well meaning citizens!
And DENSE DARKNESS connotes their state of condition as they no more know anything again about God's programs, that's why they were asking Jesus 'did you come to torment us?' [Matthew 8:29]
While they also kept trying to know the time of their destruction from our messages! 1Peter 1:12
Note that all those having the same thoughts like the demons are agitating against Jehovah's Witnesses due to the appointed time of judgment, so if they find out that the JWs aren't telling them WHEN, the demons organises them to start criticizing us. Sir just learn the TRUTH and leave the times and seasons in God's own jurisdiction, and as for the SIGNS you're demanding Jehovah's Witnesses have gotten more than enough. But as usual, our Master, Lord and King keep saying 'don't go telling them about all these signs i'm showing you, they're STRICTLY for faithful and loyal ones! Mark 7:36,8:30
Now we're his BAPTISED modern day followers, so unlike those who didn't understand him back then but went about DECLARING the SIGNS we keep it to ourselves like his faithful and loyal first century followers! Remember, all what he did was spread abroad NOT by his faithful and loyal disciple[who strictly obey his words] but faithless people who will disobey even after warning them not to tell people! John 6:2 compared to Luke 5:15!
I wish you had quoted Jude 6 before pouring out your memory verses

Jud 1:6:
"And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness to the judgment of the great day
."

So some questions:
1. Do you believe that the death of Christ is also an atonement for the sin of angels?
2. Is the judgement of the great day over: ?
because these set of rogue angels are to be remanded in prison to the judgement day
3. Why did the Scripture reference the period of offence highlighted in red

Note: when once the long-suffering of God waited in the days of Noah

"For Christ also has once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but, quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and preached to the spirits in prison; Which sometime were disobedient, when once the long-suffering of God waited in the days of Noah , while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water."

Was the long suffering of God waiting for the rogue angels?

A truthful answer to this punches great holes in your response. Don't you think so?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by OkCornel(m): 7:01am On May 24, 2019
Maximus69:
YES! smiley

How does this compare with John Chapter 1? i.e. In the beginning was the word....and so on?

What scriptural references also support Jesus and arch-angel Michael as one and the same person?

Does JW also believe Jesus and Melchizedek are one and same person?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 7:14am On May 24, 2019
TATIME:
Yes Sir, there is no program for wicked people in God's plan so death is symbolised by all those texts. The only difference between hell[ sheoul or hades] and Gehenna [lake of fire] is that one has the chance of resurrection[a come back to life] but the other meant final destruction [no hope of living again]

1. Can you please explain the qualifier: FIRE in the "Hell Fire" for we all know that fire wouldn't have oxygen to burn in the grave pit?

So, if the worst God can do isn't different from the worst God can do, why the FEAR?

A punishment of unconsciousness is NO punishment!

Your problem is that you don't even know that a man is a Trinity

1Ths 5:23
: "And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."

As far as you are concerned, angels are Spirits so they can exist without a body. But humans are just bodies so that once they die, they cease to exist.
2. If the spirit of man is God's life giving Breath (blown into the nostrils of man), what is angels Spirit?

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (77) (Reply)

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Debuts New Look (Photo) / Redeemed Church Opens Inside Beer Parlour In Lagos (Photos) / For Christians: How To Be Free From Masturbation, Other Addictions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.