Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? (76956 Views)

Which Country Can I Move To Legally With ₦10M? / After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Horus(m): 11:22am On May 14, 2019
iammo:
cool

That extreme urge you have about Coming to Nigeria, is the work of demons,

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5107349_laughing_gif0d22801a92b58891626d06af55f62243

3 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Okuda(m): 11:31am On May 14, 2019
deltateam:

Where do G boys meet their maga? It depends on how you package yourself. Internet is often neglected but do you know that it has the power to connect you to anyone you desire?

A guy had the opportunity of a date with DJ Cuppy something he never would have done without internet and lots more than your brain can carry.

You are too pessimistic and have inferiority complex.

Some ladies have already made it. All they need is a man to call their own and besides op has prospects but lacks opportunity which what am recommending can solve.

lmao. its obvious you no don ever travel or do G.
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Komu1048(m): 11:32am On May 14, 2019
anonimi:

Whites who give scholarships to people also do sacrifice. Do you see them expecting the beneficiaries to be paying for all their needs till the end of their life?
Slavery comes in different forms, Oga.
Everyone should work and live below his earned income. Understood

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2967650_dontdepend_jpeg1a6f86c3253ea14cc0987f99d11d40fb

People like u are bunch of ungrateful people. Stop calling white we r not them and no matter how had we want to be like them we wud fail. Igbos are successful Cox they always help themselves
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Chidimizzle: 11:36am On May 14, 2019
abbey621:

Majority of the jobs in the EU are not reserved for its citizens alone. Even in the U.S we have jobs reserved exclusively for citizens but they represent less than 10% of the job opportunities available. There is no European law that flat out encourages discrimination!

It's not discrimination. It's the law to consider yours first before others. Take for instance in Ireland, you can't sponsor a work permit for a foreign national in a company that has less than 50% of EEA citizens. Even at that companies find it cumbersome to go through all these hassles to offer sponsorship. It is proven that companies will rather take on someone without the need for visa sponsorship against u who needs one and some claim it can even be someone less qualified.

I speak of what I know and have seen here in the EU. It's a big region and with free travel, an EU citizen can live and work almost anywhere in the region with little to no hassles compared to you who isn't one. Well, the US might be different but here in the EU it's different. The US is as good as a free state but here in the EU things are still done 'traditionally'.

I don't see it as discrimination, I see it as taking care of their own. Their citizens are their priority and it's commonplace to put them first.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Iwanttoto1: 11:41am On May 14, 2019
franchasng:
Professional advice is not for free.

I have the credentials, experiences and what have you to give you sound and clear advice on each of your options, but before I can give such advice, you need to pay.

I want to stop giving out free advice because we need to maximize every opportunity we have now...I want to start monetizing my advice.

Seun you can make money on Nairaland if you create a system for people to render premium paid advice to premium members who must subscribe for it; this way, professionals can begin to give professional advice to those that need it and it will also generate more money for you Seun, think about this wink

Shatap
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by dandig(m): 11:43am On May 14, 2019
a man is thinking of becoming Dangote and another is here pushing him bad advice on how to just go an marry...somehow o
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by franchasng: 11:44am On May 14, 2019
Iwanttoto1:

Shatap
LAFMAOO.....I love that word, borrowing it asap shocked cheesy cheesy
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by nigeriantrucks: 11:48am On May 14, 2019
ShyWhale:
I am a Nigerian in Germany with a German Masters degree. It's quite difficult to get professional jobs in Germany as an African as we are usually the last of the pack. The only luck I ever had was to get internships, internships that takes several months to get and usually only for short periods. The high percentage of Africans even with German Phds doing menial jobs is highly discouraging and depressing. Most are trapped in the race for survival and I can't imagine myself living life like them. I feel I could do better with my skills and education that spreads across Europe's top countries.

I made the decision to return to Nigeria, harness my skills and start up a processing company. At 25 and the sole breadwinner of an extended family, they are asking me to stay put, saying that the Nigerian environment is not good for business (I feel they are only scared of losing out on the goodies they get from me).

Also last year, the family introduced me to a female in the UK, talking about marriage to her. The said lady is a Nigerian within my age range, but born and raised in the UK. Though I have been to the UK severally to see her, I have made no commitments whatsoever as she is not the kind of lady I would marry all things being equal. She and the family have however given me a ultimatum to decide now.

What do you advice?

You can leverage on the two situations you are in now; abroad and being a Nigeria....look for things you can invest in from there and be monitoring from there while it grows....if its eventually works, you can then think of relocating back to Nigeria with your family still abroad.

Nigeria has more prospect to make bigger money if you invest in the right business and if and only if you have the capital to invest, but don't be in a hurry to relocate.
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by anonimi: 11:55am On May 14, 2019
Komu1048:
People like u are bunch of ungrateful people. Stop calling white we r not them and no matter how had we want to be like them we wud fail. Igbos are successful Cox they always help themselves

Successful in owing salaries and riding in dilapidated roads or what are you talking about, boy

FreeGlobe:
Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo has pledged to pay the 13 months salary arrears owed primary school teachers in the state.

Okorocha made the promise during the 2015 Workers Day celebrations in Owerri on Friday.

The governor also promised to clear all pension arrears less than N10,000 monthly while those higher than that would be spread over 12 months period.

He reiterated his commitment toward the welfare of workers and pledged that his administration would ensure prompt release of subventions of all government agencies and parastatals.

The governor said he would fight corruption in the state civil service by tackling inflated salaries and ghost workers.

He said that more jobs would be created in the state during his second tenure through creation of new industries.

Okorocha encouraged workers to engage in small businesses such as poultry farming to complement their salaries and contribute toward the development of the state.

Earlier in his address, the state Chairman of the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC), Mr Austin Chilakpo called for annual promotions of workers for improved productivity.

Chilakpo also urged the government to appoint permanent secretaries based on hierarchy in the civil service and not as political appointment.

He said that such arbitrary appointments contravened the civil service rules and should be stopped.

The NLC chairman also congratulated the governor on his re-election and urged losers to accept defeat in good faith.
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/05/01/okorocha-promises-to-pay-13-months-salary-arrears/

[img]http://2.bp..com/-FD9LOorofpM/VcLPH1iQFvI/AAAAAAAGIqM/76cANmevvGk/s400/1.jpg[/img]

This is the deplorable state of Owerri-Aba Road, Ugwunagbor, Aba, Abia State. It's learnt that this road links the road to the home of a former Minister of Labour and Productivity, Hon. Emeka Nwogu.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-sZcJgCOoCVQ/VcLPW4ROzBI/AAAAAAAGIqs/-yldGgWaCGw/s400/4.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-aqjamwZ5A94/VcLPY968bbI/AAAAAAAGIq0/sH3u3tQfjTU/s400/5.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/-8WgS3L1CiKY/VcLPaBPZa4I/AAAAAAAGIq8/mQml_nRu0Zk/s400/6.jpg[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-FD9LOorofpM/VcLPH1iQFvI/AAAAAAAGIqQ/B5c92Z-vxmU/s400/1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-UjrMlG5QcGk/VcLPfuBtgDI/AAAAAAAGIrU/x420Elo6xSs/s400/9.jpg[/img]

http://www..net/2015/08/photos-this-road-leads-to-home-of.html

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by abbey621(m): 11:59am On May 14, 2019
Chidimizzle:

It's not discrimination. It's the law to consider yours first before others. Take for instance in Ireland, you can't sponsor a work permit for a foreign national in a company that has less than 50% of EEA citizens. Even at that companies find it cumbersome to go through all these hassles to offer sponsorship. It is proven that companies will rather take on someone without the need for visa sponsorship against u who needs one and some claim it can even be someone less qualified.

I speak of what I know and have seen here in the EU. It's a big region and with free travel, an EU citizen can live and work almost anywhere in the region with little to no hassles compared to you who isn't one. Well, the US might be different but here in the EU it's different. The US is as good as a free state but here in the EU things are still done 'traditionally'.

I don't see it as discrimination, I see it as taking care of their own. Their citizens are their priority and it's commonplace to put them first.

Look at your example, you're talking about work permit compared to someone who already has the right to work in a country. Let's stop comparing apples and oranges. When sponsorship is not a factor and both candidates have equal qualifications, there is no law that encourages preference for a EU citizen over a non EU citizen with valid work papers. I think you're confusing EU citizens with those that are legally able to work in a region. If you require a work permit in order to gain employment, you can't realistically expect to have the same chances as those that don't require one can you?

3 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:59am On May 14, 2019
You're right, please consider this advise, returning home isn't as hellish as people say, once you have the capital, your business plan, intelligence and willingness to work yourself to success you'll sure make it .quotedick post=78368358]

i love that you are ambitious...many Africans especially Nigerians even with their thousands of degree are always satisfied doing menial jobs abroad..according to them it is good. i dont know why they think it is good but that is the lowest self esteem and slavery mentality very common among Nigerians...truth be said, if you wanna be recognised for your work, move back to Nigeria but also remember that you will also have to work hard like anybody in nigeria to have a good life.[/quote]
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 14, 2019
queengift:
if he's looking at starting up a business Enterprise and not wholely depending on employment opportunities, he'll do fine.

Where are the jobs in Nigeria, a graduate earns 20k as private school teacher here, how will the person live a normal life, it's difficult here except for the rich and those with connections
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 14, 2019
Omooooo!!!
I would like to blame "village people" but my dear my head was in the clouds...

I was DREAMING & IMAGINING A BETTER NIGERIA.
Believing that I would make an impact and transfer knowledge when I get back. Lmaoooo...

I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE WRONG ABOUT ANYTHING IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!

ReeLoaDead:

Ha ha, nice post - though why you come back to Naija?

4 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by frozen70(f): 12:08pm On May 14, 2019
ShyWhale:
I am a Nigerian in Germany with a German Masters degree. It's quite difficult to get professional jobs in Germany as an African as we are usually the last of the pack. The only luck I ever had was to get internships, internships that takes several months to get and usually only for short periods. The high percentage of Africans even with German Phds doing menial jobs is highly discouraging and depressing. Most are trapped in the race for survival and I can't imagine myself living life like them. I feel I could do better with my skills and education that spreads across Europe's top countries.

I made the decision to return to Nigeria, harness my skills and start up a processing company. At 25 and the sole breadwinner of an extended family, they are asking me to stay put, saying that the Nigerian environment is not good for business (I feel they are only scared of losing out on the goodies they get from me).

Also last year, the family introduced me to a female in the UK, talking about marriage to her. The said lady is a Nigerian within my age range, but born and raised in the UK. Though I have been to the UK severally to see her, I have made no commitments whatsoever as she is not the kind of lady I would marry all things being equal. She and the family have however given me a ultimatum to decide now.

What do you advice?

Whatever decisions you are going to make, is at your own gain or loss

At 25yrs and a bread winner of the family and you think if you come back home,
Life will be easier or harder for you ❓

What kind of work do you wish to go into when you relocate, where is the fund, the enabling environment and the machineries to start with ❓

As for the lady that was recommended to you,

Marriage is something you can not manage,

If you think you are not complacent with her, look for your choice

You are the one to wear the shoes, even if the shoe is a gift

If its not your size, you can't walk well with it

My suggestion

Relocate to UK and see if living could be more easier for you and your family

They are already looking up to you
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by babyfaceafrica: 12:08pm On May 14, 2019
deltateam:

What am saying is not even far fetched. See as that man that had a sign board with phone number saying he wants to eat with Dangote has his wishes fulfilled with #20 000 for his efforts.

That's the power of internet.

Someone got iPhone from Davido that's the power of internet.

https://www.nairaland.com/5186101/man-wants-dine-e-money-dangote
so online begging should be encouraged?

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Tonytonex(m): 12:15pm On May 14, 2019
TotoNaRubber:
99.99 % of the people here have never been to Germany nor the UK, they don't even have ordinary passport picture let alone International passport. Your question is like asking Amadioha if he thinks a Mercedes is better than a Range rover.

Don't mind the ones saying they are here and there, they will lead you to fire (most of them are doing the same cleaning jobs and mortuary attendant jobs).

You are the person who is wearing the shoes, pursue your plans because life is short. Do your SWOT analysis then make a decision.

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by thewatcher2020: 12:24pm On May 14, 2019
lilwetdick:

yes... security guard is a trade, washing plate is also a trade, cleaning toilet is also a trade, packing snow is a trade, househelp is also a trade...
what again is a trade, mr menial worker, yes a plate washer collects more than a doctor..hahaha

i love living in my shithole country..i love my freedom and i am no slave in my shithole country

as i have said earlier, i dont roll with menial workers, i got ambitions you can't handle with your menial job servitude mentality

Lol. @lilwet people can never understand people like you (myself included). Even if they pay some of us 1 zillion dollars, we can’t do those aforementioned jobs. The point you are making which the other guy ain’t getting is -you don’t bloody need a damn masters to wash plates! I know what he’s on about with the tradies talk and all that. He’s in Australia, I really dont wanna burst the bubble in here by delving into details of his perspective on issues like this!

Keep up with your ambitions bro... ambition is priceless! Say no to mediocre thinking!

3 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by AngelicBeing: 12:27pm On May 14, 2019

3 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by AngelicBeing: 12:28pm On May 14, 2019
anonimi:

Successful in owing salaries and riding in dilapidated roads or what are you talking about, boy

Hahaha grin

3 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Emmadgrt20(m): 12:35pm On May 14, 2019
well, let me start by saying u're lucky for ur success at this tender age.

my advices
1. u said she is not the type of lady u would want to marry and also hate being at someone's mercy, so moving to UK will certainly push u to either marry her or be at her mercy and u know the relationship "might" not work out and u know what that means if it crashes?. okay the bitter truth is that about 70% of an arranged or forced marriage doesn't last. so think well before u decide.

2. coming down to Nigeria might sound funny to some but it could be where ur treasure is. but before u consider coming to Nigeria to establish ur self have u asked urself the questions that only u need to answer? eg. what am I going to do in Nig.? to become an enterprenuer or to look for a white colar job? if it's business have u done the feasibility and viability studies? if no then u really need to do that before coming. then if it's white colar job do u have god-father who is influential in the society? if no then forget about that though u could be lucky to secure a professional job with out having god-father but the chances is thin.

3. Staying in Dutch land and manage or look for other countries like Canada, Australia etc is also what u need to consider.

I'm not deciding for u sir just a piece of advice. congratulations once more for ur achievement.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by timsucess(m): 12:41pm On May 14, 2019
Brother take the risk and come back home
Business opportunities abound in Nigeria
Come home and invest
I can help you with investment ideas

1 Like

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by anayolity: 12:42pm On May 14, 2019
truthsayer009:
Is this story true?

Because lots of people claim to be living great Lives in Germany after school and flourishing.

After spending around 500+ Euros per month for 2 years+, you now say No job for you.

HOW?

Anyway: my advise

Marry her please, It's not a must that a Man must be the bread winner. Besides you can become great in the nearest future.

& do it on time before she changes her mind.

What a very shallow way of reasoning ... you really need goat milk.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Komu1048(m): 1:00pm On May 14, 2019
anonimi:

What are talking about, we r talking about individual aving the basics of life u r talking about fail govt. Anyway there is no point making u understand why helping is essential to us as human

4 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Privy(m): 1:04pm On May 14, 2019
@ShyWale what did you study in Germany?
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by oluayebenz: 1:18pm On May 14, 2019
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

After making same observation about UK some years ago, I came back home. I still discover many Nigerians don't know how these things work. The system there takes everything away from you even though it seems at first like the salary is huge especially when converted to naira. grin
The system was not built for us, it was built for them.

God bless you.
What I noticed is Africans are not smart enough and we dont believe in our country.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by olas24u(f): 1:24pm On May 14, 2019
Dewaldg56:
Bros you don't want to love that girl. Open your heart and you will love the girl. E be like you no know wetin Nigeria dey pass through. The highest work a graduate can get here without connection is Receptionist or one 25k work. Startups in Nigeria tend to fail most times. I have friends that graduated and served years before me all unemployed; everyday travelling to the ends of the country for one interview or the other. It's more or less a committee of unemployed graduates. It's that bad that we no longer feel bad about our situation. By June another set will pass out and increase our number. As it is anywhere is better than Nigeria. Continue to visit the UK and see if things shape up between you and this girl. Why is it that women see us as an opportunity why can't we do the same,what bleeping pride do we have. There's nothing stopping you from loving her on the long run. Take a shot with the relationship. It's not like your options in Germany are that vast since you have just one more year. Should it fail to kick off in the UK you can return home. If you know the way boys dey find whitey to take pity on us and marry us you no go dey talk like this. Even if na cripple we don't mind. You go shock for the way I go love the cripple even she go dey fear. Truth be told there's not much here
Have you been to the u.k before?it is not easy o

2 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 14, 2019
anayolity:

What a very shallow way of reasoning ... you really need goat milk.

Lol, i have enough Cow milk thank you
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by Mcslize: 1:44pm On May 14, 2019
ShyWhale I won't encourage you to stay put in Germany a non English speaking country nor suggest you to move to the UK.

First, we don't know what your skills are. Tell us about the skills you have and your educational qualifications (field of study) and we can take it up from there.

Relocate to a country where your skills will be highly appreciated. I believe that Canada and Australia have never crossed your mind for once.

Kindly make some research regarding that and choose between those two countries to relocate to as a PR.
Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by thewatcher2020: 1:51pm On May 14, 2019
lilwetdick:

yes, nigerians look down on everything, like the europeans dont look down on us as a charity case

you guys are hypocrites, many of you look down at security guards and cleaners in nigeria then suddenly we should not look down on you doing menial job and slaving all night abroad.

You have been dishing facts upon facts all day man!

In Nigeria, they treat Okada riders and bus drivers with disdain. Same people tell drivers abroad “thank you” as acts of courtesy but sometimes these racist drivers don’t respond and the Naija hypocrites move on as tho “maybe the driver didn’t hear me”.

I’ve always respected and treated all menial workers in Nigeria with optimal respect unlike most Nigerians as pointed out. Some of these people antagonising your posts here may not respond to the greeting of a LAWMA neighbour in public on their way to work when they are with their colleagues because they don’t want people on the Island to know how they are connected to a LAWMA cleaner. Hypocrites!

Ride on bro, keep spilling facts!

8 Likes

Re: Should I Move To The UK Or Return To Nigeria? by fx45(m): 1:58pm On May 14, 2019
iammo:
cool

Stay in Germany, till You can sort a better country... Australia, Canada even Uk if you can get a job.., little money you get from menial jobs you get could be channeled into trying other countries skilled migration programs.

That extreme urge you have about Coming to Nigeria, is the work of demons, should you come back without the support of your Family, chaiiiiii you would regret regreting it

You're a disgrace to Buhari and the APC. I thought those demons have made Nigeria better than most European countries

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (26) (Reply)

Nigerians Who Absconded After Traveling To Russia For World Cup, Cry Out. Photos / Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! / NIGERIANS IN LONDON The Never Told Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.