Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,251 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? (21340 Views)

Can Senior Community Health And Ext Worker (SCHEW) Switch To Bsc. Nursing Vie DE / Can Senior Community Health And Ext Worker (SCHEW) Switch To Bsc. Nursing Vie DE / Your Opinion! Bsc Computer Science Or Bsc Computer Education. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by Jman06(m): 7:03pm On May 17, 2019
egojeny1:

My dear na wetin this our country nigeria cause for us.
Normally nursing cannot be compared to pharmacy but that is the situation in our country today.

If i am to choose i ll choose nursing over pharmacy because the former is a hot cake now. Shebi there was a time they call nurses "nurse Eliza" but it's not the same now. What people even pass through to get admission to study nursing these days is nothing to write home about.
Job opportunities in nursing is limited to hospitals! Such cannot be said for pharmacy! Pharmacy gives you the knowledge and opportunity to create a generational business that can be passed on to your children.

Any pharmacist that knows what he's doing stands better chances of making it big. But, las las there must always be those floating around and wishing they had studied a different course. That's the reality and it applies to every profession

4 Likes

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by elvhinzey(m): 7:06pm On May 17, 2019
I'm highly indebted to you all. Thanks for the invaluable advice.
I'm in love with the fact that you guys placed my progress outside the shores of Nigeria.

God bless you all. I'll pray, immensely.
Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by Period007(m): 7:07pm On May 17, 2019
Jman06:
We are not fighting anything. But as a matter of fact pharmacy has more opportunities than nursing
Don't mind them,they think a profession been lucrative means earning 50k a month after graduation.Even the US they keep shouting their average annual pay is $73k

2 Likes

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by Follygunners: 7:26pm On May 17, 2019
Period007:

Evil man!!are u saying nurses are well paid than pharmacist in the US ? stop giving these young lads evil and fake information u are too old for these

Just imagine... How can nurses be well paid than Pharmacists?

Pharmacists make 6-figure annual income compared to nurses that make a mere paltry figure UNLESS they work overtime.

Go figure...

3 Likes

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by jaxxy(m): 7:41pm On May 17, 2019
elvhinzey:
Hello counsellors in the house, kindly give me an invaluable advice on which to choose, and for reasons best known to you.
Thank you.

If u want to travel abroad and get a well paying job easily it’s Nursing bt if u want to start up smtn of ur own later in future based on what u practice like an entrepreneur either here especially do Pharmacy.

The 2 courses have different challenges so u cud also look for which Ure stronger in.
Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by Salutem(m): 7:48pm On May 17, 2019
HBB1:

How many Nigerians have you and your boss killed?

Hey Bro.......not here to trade tackles but to give advice...

but if you want to find answer to your question.... I'd suggest you go and report to Ministry of Health in Abuja or the Nigeria Police.....and look for me!!!

peace out!!
Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by ogawisdom(m): 7:51pm On May 17, 2019
Nursing is better

Pharmacy is,a useless field in Nigeria

It should be MLS vs Nursing

5 Likes

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by HBB1(m): 8:36pm On May 17, 2019
Salutem:

Hey Bro.......not here to trade tackles but to give advice...

but if you want to find answer to your question.... I'd suggest you go and report to Ministry of Health in Abuja or the Nigeria Police.....and look for me!!!

peace out!!

Forgive me! All na hustle...
But where is your address again? grin
Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by TheManofTomorrow(m): 8:41pm On May 17, 2019
Both is a good course. And both are lucrative. Las las,, the better course at the long run dependsnon you.

1 Like

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by saniahmed813: 8:47pm On May 17, 2019
go for nursing forget about the salary save your self from unemployment first
Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by Yink68(m): 9:03pm On May 17, 2019
I won't talk much but in abroad pharmacy and nursing are at par even on the salary scale depending on the years of work.
The difference only lie in level of autonomy in practice.
Only medicine have a higher salary.
Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by maxman007(m): 9:31pm On May 17, 2019
asuustrike1:

Not even nursing because it is competitive depending on your choice of school

Delsu
Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by Period007(m): 9:37pm On May 17, 2019
Yink68:
I won't talk much but in abroad pharmacy and nursing are at par even on the salary scale depending on the years of work.
which abroad is
The difference only lie in level of autonomy in practice.
Only medicine have a higher salary.
Which abroad. in the US the average annual pay for nurses is 73k While for Pharmacist its 127k.
in the UK nurses average 23k annually while pharmacist earn 46k.
in Canada nurses earn 56k annually while pharmacist earn 97k.
Nurses salary is not at per with Pharmacist anywhere. They can secure jobs easily doesn't make dem well paid than Pharms and Docs.in the USA anyone can wake up and become a nurse,I personally no a Nigerian trained lawyer who is currently running a nursing program.

4 Likes

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by Salutem(m): 9:39pm On May 17, 2019
HBB1:

Forgive me! All na hustle... But where is your address again? grin
No offense taken

9 Brigade Medical Centre Nigerian Army Cantonment........

you can ask for the address at 81 Division Nigerian Army Headquarters.....
they will definitely direct you to my cantonment!!!
Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by HBB1(m): 9:42pm On May 17, 2019
Salutem:

No offense taken

9 Brigade Medical Centre
Nigerian Army Cantonment........

you can ask for the address at 81 Division Nigerian Army Headquarters.....

they will definitely direct you to my cantonment!!!

Hehehe. grin
Calm dan!
I worked in the army too bro.
So it's no problem.
Can you take a joke?
Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by Salutem(m): 9:49pm On May 17, 2019
HBB1:

Hehehe. grin
Calm dan!
So it's no problem.
Can you take a joke?

just trying to be sincere here basically....... and uhmm to give you an search cry
HBB1:

Hehehe. grin
Calm dan!
So it's no problem.
Can you take a joke?

just trying to be sincere here basically....... and uhmm to give you an easy search
Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by cherriex(f): 10:12pm On May 17, 2019
I studied Bsc Nursing, pls go for pharmacy, I wish I could turn the hands of time,still tryna go for a 2nd degree sef

5 Likes

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by calebify1(m): 10:28pm On May 17, 2019
EVILFOREST:
PLEASE, CHOOSE NURSING.
It’s more lucrative now, especially if you have dreams of exploring the resources in diaspora.

PHARMACISTS do not have such opportunities. They only open shops in Nigeria.
Moreover, since they lack RESEARCH TENETS in Nigeria they find it difficult fitting into the healthcare system of the U. S. and others

But HUMAN MEDICINE including VETERINARY MEDICINE and NURSING are Gainfully employed here.
What do you know about pharmacy.
The funny thing is you have neither of the degrees or a student of any.

3 Likes

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by calebify1(m): 10:31pm On May 17, 2019
franchasng:
Yes! Pharmacy is overrated! They are just like Chemical Engineering in engineering field.

A lab scientist has more chances of securing a job in Nigeria and abroad faster than a pharmacist, quote me anywhere, I speak with authority on this
Are you okay??
Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by calebify1(m): 10:33pm On May 17, 2019
franchasng:
Yes he is correct! Pharmacist find it difficult to secure a job both in Nigeria and abroad.

Many Nigerians that studied pharmacy do go back to study nursing abroad because they find it hard to secure a job with their pharmacy degree.

What you don't know, don't argue it
Oga know all.
Am not crazy to study pharmacy and still go ahead to study nursing.

1 Like

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by calebify1(m): 10:35pm On May 17, 2019
All I see is people who know nothing about pharmacy or nursing making comments based on their personal experience or assumption.
Imagine someone saying pharmacy is overrated.
Another saying pharmacist don't get jobs in Nigeria or Abroad.
Ignorance is a big disease.

4 Likes

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by calebify1(m): 10:38pm On May 17, 2019
ogawisdom:
Nursing is better

Lwkmd.
I guess you were not given admission into pharmacy.
I understand your pain.

1 Like

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by calebify1(m): 10:40pm On May 17, 2019
Jman06:
I'm tired of advising people to choose pharmacy! Let everybody go for what they like, las las we go know howfar!

See someone comparing pharmacy with nursing! What insolence!
Just leave them.
Proud of pharmacy any time any day.

3 Likes

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by Jaideyone(m): 10:53pm On May 17, 2019
EVILFOREST:
PLEASE, CHOOSE NURSING.
It’s more lucrative now, especially if you have dreams of exploring the resources in diaspora.

PHARMACISTS do not have such opportunities. They only open shops in Nigeria.
Moreover, since they lack RESEARCH TENETS in Nigeria they find it difficult fitting into the healthcare system of the U. S. and others

But HUMAN MEDICINE including VETERINARY MEDICINE and NURSING are Gainfully employed here.
I will assume you made a mistake when you said vet is more lucrative than Pharmacy here in Nigeria.

as for nursing being more lucrative too you are joke cheesy

how many nurses find their way into Government establishments where they actually get fair pay? most private clinics pay nurses 30-40k max. in fact 80% of private clinics employ mainly non-BSc nurses and pay them 20k. some of the nurses even earn 15k monthly.

an entry level pharmacist will easily get a job of 150-250k in a Nigeria company (150k) or a multinational pharmaceutical company (some pay 250k). some entry level pharmacists even land jobs as production pharmacist, superintendent pharmacists, etc and earn as high as 150k/200k with benefits like company car and file allowance.

pharmacy is way ahead any day any time cheesy

the pharmaceutical company in Nigeria is one of the few companies that are thriving.

8 Likes

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by Exempted: 11:09pm On May 17, 2019
tetralogyfallot:
veterinary medicine bawo? I have a lot of them as friends still roaming the streets in search of a daily bread.

Bros it's a BIG lie.....

Vet Med roaming the streets? Nawa 4u ooo

UNN produces not more than 50 Vet Doctors yearly just so the market wont be saturated. And we have ONLY 4 Universities offering that cource in the whole of Nigeria so Vet Doctors are very rare and don't lack jobs.....

Your friends dont know what they studied..... They should check their Certificate well maybe it's Botany they studied and not VET MEDICINE.....

Pharmacy cannot be compared to Nursing anyday, anytime. Pharmacy is far better course than Nursing....

1 Like

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by Exempted: 11:19pm On May 17, 2019
adekjohnny:
please go for nursing, in Nigeria there are more job opportunities in health care sector for nursing graduate than pharmacy, moreover pharmacy is now becoming obsolete in nigeria except if they are being employ in pharmaceutical industry.

Have u ever seen a pharmacist without a job? Have u ever seen any pharmacist who seats at home idle? I have Nurses who are begging for 20,000 Jobs in pharmacies.... Lets be real and not sentimental... Am not a pharmacist but i envy them

2 Likes

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by aspirebig: 11:26pm On May 17, 2019
Nursing all the way.No wristwatch to check time.
Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by tetralogyfallot(m): 11:28pm On May 17, 2019
[/quote]

Bros it's a BIG lie.....

Vet Med roaming the streets? Nawa 4u ooo

UNN produces not more than 50 Vet Doctors yearly just so the market wont be saturated. And we have ONLY 4 Universities offering that cource in the whole of Nigeria so Vet Doctors are very rare and don't lack jobs.....
nigerian universities offering vet med
1. A.b.u Zaria
2. University of Ibadan
3. Unilorin
4. Unn
5. Unimaid
6. Udus
7. University of abuja
8. Fed uni of agric makurdi
9. Michael okpara uni of agric
10. Funaab
I can go on n on

Your friends dont know what they studied..... They should check their Certificate well maybe it's Botany they studied and not VET MEDICINE.....
how many farms are in Nigeria? And don't forget they still struggle with animal scientists

Pharmacy cannot be compared to Nursing anyday, anytime. Pharmacy is far better course than Nursing....[sup][/sup][quote]
I concur with this
Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by kristian98(m): 12:23am On May 18, 2019
ogawisdom:
Nursing is better

What do you know about medical courses?
Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by BarristerAlarig: 12:54am On May 18, 2019
Period007:

Evil man!!are u saying nurses are well paid than pharmacist in the US ? stop giving these young lads evil and fake information u are too old for these

Nurses are well paid in the US!!Nursing school is very
affordable compared to pharmacy. Do you know how much Pharmacy school cost in the US?? At least 150k/yr multiplied by 4years,multiplied by another four years. The situation of pharmacy in the US is terrible. There is an oversupply of pharmacy graduate. Most graduate are in Retail! Forget Pharm.D, it isn't clinical. Physician Assistant and advance practice nurses such as the Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist and Nurse Practitioners have taken over primary health care in the US. Guess who can diagnose, confirm death,prescribe and discharge patients......Nurses!!! Pharmacy is very stangnant in America. Don't even bother going to Canada. The nurses association there is strong and they have taken over. The only time most people can see a doctor is during surgery. Primary health care is the "tuff" of Nurses in US/Canada.

1 Like

Re: B.Pharmacy Or Bsc Nursing? by BarristerAlarig: 12:56am On May 18, 2019
tetralogyfallot:
The comparison should rather be between pharmacy and MBBS.

Reason What about Advanced practice Nurses??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are U A Student.?do U Want To Avoid Relying On Your Parents.?chect THIS OUT!!!!! / Video: Nigerian Man With Vagina And Penis Caught In Edo State / FUOYE Farm Practice Year (FPY) 2017/2018 Session (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.