Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1050480 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by amaya21: 1:04pm On Jun 06, 2019
Not a problem at all. Just ensure you declare this (and any other refusals, if applicable to you).

ToniaGee:
Hi Everyone.

Do you think I can get PR after being denied a US Visa?

I was denied a US Visa in October last year, because according to them, I don't have enough ties to my home country.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by amaya21: 1:05pm On Jun 06, 2019
If you request to join the group, you'll see the full gist.

topeolu1:
Could you please share the link again. This leads to nowhere.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ecanes: 1:07pm On Jun 06, 2019
Seen.....responded

Gec8:

Please I’d need his/her contact. I just PM-ed you. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Talksub(m): 1:19pm On Jun 06, 2019
Hi what short diploma or certificate can I do to increase my points ? I have a degree in engineering and I have 10years oil and gas experience.

I heard of this BcS IT certificate courses ,but I am not sure if Wes can verify it .

Please does anybody no any short course or professional certification or diploma I can do .

Right now my score is 430 need to increase my points . I only have a bachelors degree .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by lollmaolol(m): 1:25pm On Jun 06, 2019
Ecanes:

I simulated ur CRS, with 32yrs, IELTS of LRWS- 8777, and 3yrs work experience for a single person and it was 453

wow, thank you, I must be getting something wrong.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Vicolak: 1:27pm On Jun 06, 2019
Congrats, may you and yours excel in Canada. Amen

[quote author=OYASALOF post=79033456]

PPR

Oyibiri yibiri yibiri kan mi o/3x
Oore Oluwa yi kan mi o

LOGAN TI O DE!!!!!

Decision to travel 2017, my husband (PA) wrote IELTS in 2017 and had 6.5 in listening didn't really know much about express entry then he got a job in the UK and we exed Canada and focused on UK. UK now came with their wahala and increased the salary scale for sponsorship and the company couldn't afford the new salary scale, so we exed the whole process and continued with our lives.

Later in the year, I told my husband to let's continue with this our Canada runs o, then I found this thread and started reading from part 1 and registered in part 3. Then in 2018, IELTS struggle began. He wrote IELTS 6 times and even missed an exam because we applied for UK visa and passport wasn't ready before the exam. We called and mailed British Council, but they were not able to help. Chai 68k just like that.

ECA: this was pretty straightforward for us because we evaluated our UK masters degree with WES and it was ready within one month

IELTS: My husband wrote the exam 6 times. We remarked some (BC and Mod) and it came back unchanged. Even though I didn't write, my husband practised with different videos on YouTube and some materials on British Council website few days to the exam.

POF: hmmmm, all I can say is that God showed up. POF was fixed deposit certificate only from first bank. We supported it with screenshot of the exchange rate using XE and we added a summary table of our pof.
No letter in CIC format, no statement of account, no letter of indebtedness, just the fixed deposit certificate.
I was also worried because our fixed deposit was for one year(November) and our medicals expires October 2019 and there was a huge discussion regarding this, but God came through. This pof Ehn, almost every time I want to make payment, mall or delivery, I mostly say pof instead of pos grin grin

WORK REFERENCE:this was also straightforward. Reference letter(to whom) in CIC format, ID, 6months payslip
NB: my husband resigned December 2018, so we raised CSE. He resumed with another company in April but we didn't notify cic.

BIOMETRICS:
biometrics was after 32days and we completed it January 3. The server was down and we spent almost 3 hours. Only for me to check our profile and realised that my name was misspelt (village people), so I raised CSE and it was corrected after 3wks or so

PCC: my husbands colleague linked us with one inspector like that (a lady). I told my husband that we should use inspector Moshood o, he didn't answer. OK, ask for the price at least we'll know how much to budget before we get there, Oga no answer and I kept quiet. Na so this inspector bill us 15k(7500 each) after we finished. She sha collected 14k. I was so pained.

Our UK PCC was very straightforward. My husband schooled in Scotland, we used same UK PCC for Scotland placeholder.

MEDICALS: we used children practice, everything went well. God bless the guy that swapped dates with me. God bless you real good. (was scared because I felt my blood sample was darker than others grin grin). This journey can make you think plenty things.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by topeolu1: 1:33pm On Jun 06, 2019
OK thanks.

I've done that anyways.

But you know that will be till request is approved. The info pulled therefrom could be beneficial here without everyone here going to join the group?

amaya21:
If you request to join the group, you'll see the full gist.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chicyclass(f): 1:34pm On Jun 06, 2019
Thank you everyone. kiss
We pray for speedy process.

For those who asked for tips via PM, here it is.

LISTENING
I practised almost all the listening tests on YouTube. Till I started getting more than 35.
During the exam, once the voice asks for a crosscheck of our answers, I move on to read the questions on the next section.
*for crying out loud, what do you want to crosscheck when they will not replay and you have 10 minutes at the end*. undecided

READING
I practised with only IELTS academic reading which was more difficult and it made the general reading easy for me.. In the general test, you still have section 4 to battle with which is similar to AC.
It helped in my last IELTS section 4 which contained all the T/F/NG and Yes/No/NG, 10 questions packed there

WRITING
Of course, I used IDP material only.

SPEAKING.
I didn't practise. I just used Chris' method of Past/Present/Description/Future/Summary for cue card questions. This will help you talk till the examiner stops you in Part 2.

In all, I talked to God.
Prayed, Fasted and did novena.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chicyclass(f): 1:48pm On Jun 06, 2019
I am rooting for you dear
venorite:
Congrats my dear. It’s our party. We are right behind you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jun 06, 2019
ayandee:
A quick one pls. I'm in the process of evaluating with Wes. Which delivery option do you advice- standard or tracking? Tracking cost an additional 80dollars. What's the implication for choosing standard?

I'm only assessing my South Africa masters. Is that Ok or should I add Nigerian first degree?

Assess only your SA degree.
Choose standard (non-tracking postal service).

Isn't these info already on Page 1? Pfft!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chicyclass(f): 1:49pm On Jun 06, 2019
We Thank God.
Adunnee:

Mi o le wait mehn!

Wishing you success.

@Chicyclass, congratulations! May the rest of the journey be smooth. I wrote IELTS four times before scaling through. Listening was my own problem. To Jesus be my glory, it has ended in praise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chicyclass(f): 1:50pm On Jun 06, 2019
It has ended in praise
TemiGee:
Eyah. I feel your pain. Had quite a similar experience with spouse's IELTS.

Congratulations! May the rest of the journey be easy for you

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chicyclass(f): 1:50pm On Jun 06, 2019
You are next kiss
yemblaze:
Soo happy for you sis...Congrats wink

The rest of the journey will be smooth and speedy kiss

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 1:55pm On Jun 06, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/4933819/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/152

Whiteshirtsonly:
Hi guys, please what's the recommended thread for those that have received PPR, towards preparation to travel and live in Canada?
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 1:56pm On Jun 06, 2019
Amen..thanks love kiss

chicyclass:
You are next kiss
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by WaleCanada: 1:59pm On Jun 06, 2019
Hello,

I need help in deciding NOC for the below job descriptions: @Topsmamen @ifeoma77

Scheduling of Spots, Jingle productions, hypes, Announcements, News Mention/Coverage

Send materials (Audio & Scripts) to outstation for carting, announcing and Hyping

Receive Media Purchase Orders, Materials from Sales department, and schedule accordingly.

Build daily Logs.

Prepare Hypes, announcements for each shows.

Media Monitoring Report

Prepare Off Air Dubs (Recordings) for clients.

Monitoring and providing available time for Sales department/prospective clients.

Inform OAPs of Sponsored Programs, Hypes & Announcements.

Coordinating adverts, programmes, compliance, traffic and scheduling for our platforms

Generate Certificate of Broadcast (COB) for media agencies, independent producers and direct clients

Check supporting documentation for independent programmes and advertising campaigns.

Create, Co-ordinate and manage daily advert and programme schedules with full inventory of advertising & channel branding, in accordance with NBC Code/APCON and OFCOM regulations

Generating daily, weekly, monthly or other periodic reports as required by Business Development Manager, Senior Marketing & Sales Manager or Commercial Director

Ensure smooth planning and delivery of all broadcast material ahead of deadline

View broadcast material to ensure all material comply with material duration and quality as well as, NBC Code/APCON and OFCOM regulations

Communicate with Broadcast Operations (MCR, PCR, Ingest, Playout etc), Compliance and Traffic teams to ensure broadcast material is processed and scheduled correctly
Liaise with the Sales team to ensure commercial opportunities are maximized, scheduled accurately, processed correctly and ahead of deadline

Management, training, monitoring and performance of the Scheduling Assistant

Production of radio adverts, hypes and programmes schedule

Vetting of all multi-media materials before exposure

Generating database log to produce compliance reports to any non-compliance issue for both radio and television respectively
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Vicolak: 2:01pm On Jun 06, 2019
I have replied your mail. Always welcome.

tymix1:

@vicolak thank you soooo much. I’ve sent you an email for the group. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Alliance01: 2:02pm On Jun 06, 2019
Hello I guess there is no need to add organization right?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by johnnybravo1990: 2:19pm On Jun 06, 2019
chicyclass:
My PPR JOURNEY PART 2 - IELTS (a.k.a The humbler of men)

Third attempt.. 27/APRIL/2019..BC

A friend advised me to register with MOD. Stubborn me! I say na the same thing everywhere. A na-emenu!

This time, i practised only writing. I reached out to Wasseynewest and joined his group, the guy is a Saint, I must say. I learnt a lot from him.
I also reached out to Johnnybravo who was very busy with other candidates at the time. He had a session with me. He said that my writing was good to fetch me 7 at least. I said to myself "IELTS na me and you for one leg trouser". I must pass, Iwu!!

Brethren!
It came out...
LRWS.. 9,,8.5,,6.5,,8
I am still awaiting the remark ni! lipsrsealed

Congrats. As regards the bolded sentence, for anyone with faults in their writing, I wouldn’t tell them they weren’t good enough if it is very close to their exams and I don’t have time to do a proper review with them, so I don’t discourage or dishearten them. But I am glad you passed in your subsequent attempt. All the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by DawnM024: 2:23pm On Jun 06, 2019
Wow!! Waiting weeks unending now
Fyorgyn:

It will come!

My application was approved on the 12th of December 2018... I didn't get PPR till February!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ecanes: 2:23pm On Jun 06, 2019
Is there any reason why you chose ACADEMIC ielts? Are you using it for Immigration purpose or schooling?

If it is for Immigration purpose, it has to be General Training IELTS.

No need to add Organisation

Alliance01:
Hello I guess there is no need to add organization right?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Alliance01: 2:27pm On Jun 06, 2019
Ecanes:
Is there any reason why you chose ACADEMIC ielts? Are you using it for Immigration purpose or schooling?

If it is for Immigration purpose, it has to be General Training IELTS.

No need to add Organisation

Eeehnnn... It's for immigration thank you very much

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Erigo23: 2:31pm On Jun 06, 2019
Pls send the idp materials to erigotralvels@gmail.com
Thanks @chicyclass
LISTENING
I practised almost all the listening tests on YouTube. Till I started getting more than 35.
During the exam, once the voice asks for a crosscheck of our answers, I move on to read the questions on the next section.
*for crying out loud, what do you want to crosscheck when they will not replay and you have 10 minutes at the end*. undecided

READING
I practised with only IELTS academic reading which was more difficult and it made the general reading easy for me.. In the general test, you still have section 4 to battle with which is similar to AC.
It helped in my last IELTS section 4 which contained all the T/F/NG and Yes/No/NG, 10 questions packed there

WRITING
Of course, I used IDP material only.

SPEAKING.
I didn't practise. I just used Chris' method of Past/Present/Description/Future/Summary for cue card questions. This will help you talk till the examiner stops you in Part 2.

In all, I talked to God.
Prayed, Fasted and did novena.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Uzzyan: 2:33pm On Jun 06, 2019

Good day fam,

Please I need your help on my EE profile, I submitted it since last year September and haven't checked it since then. I now am trying to do so and after signing into my account using my GC key, it just shows me the first attached image. If I click continue, it takes me to the second image and then the third.

Am I doing anything wrong? Can I get to my account by using any other links? I am kinda confused. Also can I build a new profile? Would it affect my previously created profile? What happens to my UCI and Profile No that I was given prior to today? Would creating a new profile mean I would have to sign up for a new GC Key with same details as the previous details I supplied for my previous profile?

I am sorry I am asking a million and one questions but I urgently need help on this. Thanks fam.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Erigo23: 2:33pm On Jun 06, 2019
@chicyclass pls send the idp materials to erigotravels@gmail.com thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Josefuadjr: 2:35pm On Jun 06, 2019
Ecanes:

I know someone that did for me and a friend in about 2 days. In Abuja. You can PM me for details.

Thanks. I'm looking at South west area.
Somebody please help me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Uzzyan: 2:37pm On Jun 06, 2019
Alliance01:

Eeehnnn... It's for immigration thank you very much

You are supposed to write General Training not Academic if it is for Immigration purposes.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Boslo: 2:38pm On Jun 06, 2019
Good day house.

Great work here I must say. Please I want to know if my transcripts and my Bsc certificate must be sent directly by my school to IQSA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by lollmaolol(m): 2:39pm On Jun 06, 2019
chicyclass:
My PPR JOURNEY PART 2 - IELTS (a.k.a The humbler of men)

Let me start by saying that IELTS showed me shegeeeey! Again error go dey breekete for this write up wella cheesy

First attempt. 05/Jan/2019..BC
LRWS.. 7.5,,6.5,,6.5,,7

I went to this exam with all excitement that we were about to enter the process. I never envisaged what was coming, only if we can see the future.

Second attempt 09/Feb/2019.. BC.

I practised soteey, I almost finished all the listening test on YouTube.

Hia!! It came out. embarassed
LRWS.. 9,,8,,6.5,,7.5
Remark unchanged... I na-anukwa!!

At this point, i lost confidence in myself. Just like what people say "I have never failed any exam in my life". Not just that I have never failed any exam until IELTS, I have never been an average student. With the help of my husband, I dusted myself and registered for another.

Third attempt.. 27/APRIL/2019..BC

A friend advised me to register with MOD. Stubborn me! I say na the same thing everywhere. A na-emenu!

This time, i practised only writing. I reached out to Wasseynewest and joined his group, the guy is a Saint, I must say. I learnt a lot from him.
I also reached out to Johnnybravo who was very busy with other candidates at the time. He had a session with me. He said that my writing was good to fetch me 7 at least. I said to myself "IELTS na me and you for one leg trouser". I must pass, Iwu!!

Brethren!
It came out...
LRWS.. 9,,8.5,,6.5,,8
I am still awaiting the remark ni! lipsrsealed

So Sad.
Infact, I felt worthless.
I cried eeeh. When I see sample writing on IELTS, I just wondered what I did wrong. I thought i had always written what could atleast fetch me 7.
Dusted myself the 3rd time, and quickly registered for another IELTS.

Fourth attempt.. 23rd May 2019

This time I registered with MOD.
A friend chatted me up one day that he had an IDP writing material. He said that he would share the material on one condition,that I must unlearn all the writing techniques or whatever I had learnt and study the 200 paged materials to the teeth. I agreed and promised too. After all, what did the ones I learnt fetch.
Na so I read this material bumper to bumper and line by line without thinking of Jay, Liz etc.
On the test day, I must say this was
one of most stressful days of my life. I had to take all the tests same day. I came out of the exam hall downcast and unfulfilled about my writing.I was just blabbering during my speaking test was supposed to be the next day. In my mind, I was planning on the next date to repeat the exam. I started practicing for writing since that day, I focused on Jay and was looking forward to 29th June to write another one because I was not giving up.

Today, I woke up early and broke down in tears cry. My husband consoled me soteey he tire. When it was 11am, I started purging and developed fever. I thought "My God, why have you forsaken me". Meanwhile, i
hadn't checked my result ooo.

At 12:20pm, Mbanu! Why am I doing this to myself ni!
Brethren!
I checked.. Lo and behold!

LRWS... 9,,8.5,,7,,7 grin

My people, I can't describe the joy. The purge stopped, the fever vanished.
Indescribable joy..WHAT A RELIEF!! I wonder what PPR will feel like. lipsrsealed

Venorite and Yemblaze, God will do it for you guys too. kiss
For all those who are still in the struggle, never give up.

If you need that IDP material feel free to send me Pm. I will share because it worked for me.
NB.. It is IDP material so therefore write with MOD because I don't know if BC will follow same technique.

The feeling eeh! Chaii!
Chukwu daalu!! To God be the glory.

Congratulations dear!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by DawnM024: 2:41pm On Jun 06, 2019
Yes you can, i called this week and still no update. So i have resorted to mailing an MP, i am 9 months post AOR.
Tochai007:

@Richness1104,

The wait for PPR is still on, 33 days after application approval.
Please guys, can I call Case Processing Center, Ottawa directly?

I'm getting worried.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 2:59pm On Jun 06, 2019
Uzzyan:
Good day fam,

Please I need your help on my EE profile, I submitted it since last year September and haven't checked it since then. I now am trying to do so and after signing into my account using my GC key, it just shows me the first attached image. If I click continue, it takes me to the second image and then the third.

This happens. Clear your browser cache/cookies and retry. If this doesn't work, restart the device.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 3:10pm On Jun 06, 2019
WaleCanada:
Hello,

I need help in deciding NOC for the below job descriptions: @Topsmamen @ifeoma77

Scheduling of Spots, Jingle productions, hypes, Announcements, News Mention/Coverage

Send materials (Audio & Scripts) to outstation for carting, announcing and Hyping

0512/5131

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.