Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,278 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1051692 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chikcutie(f): 10:22am On Jun 17, 2019
@ Scandinavian02 post

Something maybe wrong. No messages have come in.

Please send me an email on chik.cutie@yahoo.com.

Many thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by nolacozy: 10:25am On Jun 17, 2019
I’m very new here Sonofliverpool and I’m not sure how this site works. But I am based around Golden tulip. You can text me back if you see this
SonsOfLiverpool:
If there is anyone who understands this immigration thing very well I would like to meet one on one anywhere cool in lagos to discuss this and get the full details really I am so confused and I am busy with so much at work this moment I can’t think straight. I am making an offer for Golden Tulip lounge/Bar (Festac area)with anybody please oooh. Just a friendly chat on a weekend anytime the person wants (during the day) all expense paid. angry I need to really talk to someone.

If anyone is interested just holla. If not I’ll keep up with the thread. Bye guys I need to sleep. I have to wake up in 4hours for work.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Vicolak: 10:31am On Jun 17, 2019
May Canada favour you. Amen.

bbpin:

Congrats. May Canada favour you and yours.
TIMELINE:

ITA: Jan 23 2019
AOR: feb 12, 2019.
MED passed/ BIL: April 2, 2019.
Biometrics submitted/updated: April 5, 2019
ADR: June 11 2019
ADR submitted June 13 2019
Ghost update 14th June
PPR: June 15th, 2019 dated June 14th 2019
VO- Ottawa
Family of 4
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jennypharb1: 10:53am On Jun 17, 2019
sienakab:
Good day everyone,

I have been on Australia thread for long, reading and preparing for PTE until yesterday that someone advised me on the thread that Canada would be easier for me with my Msc. So quickly searched for Canada thread, upon getting here, I found out it’s another reading task. I have started the reading here, but with up to 8 parts, I get disturbed. Infact i have calculated my point, I didn’t get up to 350, maybe I didn’t calculate well

I’m 33 years of age,
ND in Civil Engineering in 2005
Bsc in Civil Engineering in 2010
Msc in Civil Engineering in 2018
I have minimum of five year working experience
I’m single.

My questions are:
Considering my profile, do stand better in Canada PR?
Which of the parts of this thread will be the most important to read?

Can I get straight forward tips from a civil engineer here that has similar profile ?

Thanking you in anticipation.

With your masters degree and an IELTS score of 8777 in Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing, you get 447 points. 447 these days may not be enough to get an invitation to apply because even those with 450-460 are still waiting.

However I'd you max out scores on your IELTS e.g. get a 7.5 in writing instead of a 7, a 7.5 in speaking instead of a 7, an 8 in reading instead of a 7 and an 8 in listening, then you'll be able to get about 456 points which puts you in a better position to get an invitation to apply.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp?_ga=2.141128822.555779551.1530002975-1561889732.1516351987

Just play around with this tool. IELTS is a bit difficult but if you put your mind to it I'm sure you can do it.

If you start from page 1 of this part, you'll be able to get a good feel of what the process is about since you've already been on the Australian thread you'll understand better. Part 1 also contains links to previous threads so you can always get to other threads and see more information when you need it

I do not know if you stand a better chance on this path because I don't know what your chances are on the Australian PR path so just look around and ask questions when you don't understand and you can make your decision afterwards

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Zeezii: 10:59am On Jun 17, 2019
sienakab:
Good day everyone,

I have been on Australia thread for long, reading and preparing for PTE until yesterday that someone advised me on the thread that Canada would be easier for me with my Msc. So quickly searched for Canada thread, upon getting here, I found out it’s another reading task. I have started the reading here, but with up to 8 parts, I get disturbed. Infact i have calculated my point, I didn’t get up to 350, maybe I didn’t calculate well

I’m 33 years of age,
ND in Civil Engineering in 2005
Bsc in Civil Engineering in 2010
Msc in Civil Engineering in 2018
I have minimum of five year working experience
I’m single.

My questions are:
Considering my profile, do stand better in Canada PR?
Which of the parts of this thread will be the most important to read?

Can I get straight forward tips from a civil engineer here that has similar profile ?

Thanking you in anticipation.

you will get 450 CRS with IELTS 8777 for LRWS. Which is not a bad score
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by abyejecks: 11:02am On Jun 17, 2019
Pls my fellow nairalanders, I need a link for the letter of consent accompanying spouse gives the principal applicant for proof of funds.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by aycapri(m): 11:05am On Jun 17, 2019
Good morning, I want to apply for a Canada PR visa with a wife and a child. I actually went through the last thread but am still not clear. I would be so glad if anyone can help. I work with a bank and wife is a chartered accountant. Thanks,
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Scandinavian02: 11:08am On Jun 17, 2019
chikcutie:
@ Scandinavian02 post

Something maybe wrong. No messages have come in.

Please send me an email on chik.cutie@yahoo.com.

Many thanks!

I have sent it again including my number. Can you please check your spam because your mails are being received in spam by me.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 11:11am On Jun 17, 2019
abyejecks:
Pls my fellow nairalanders, I need a link for the letter of consent accompanying spouse gives the principal applicant for proof of funds.
Thank you

There's no specific format for this, you can create one yourself. However, see this.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 11:12am On Jun 17, 2019
aycapri:
Good morning, I want to apply for a Canada PR visa with a wife and a child. I actually went through the last thread but am still not clear. I would be so glad if anyone can help. I work with a bank and wife is a chartered accountant. Thanks,

Trust me, page 1 of this thread has all the basic info you need to apply for PR. You can ask questions that are specific to you if/when the need arises. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by aycapri(m): 11:14am On Jun 17, 2019
Topsmamen:

Trust me, page 1 of this thread has all the basic info you need to apply for PR. You can ask questions that are specific to you if/when the need arises. All the best.
ok, thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Denerystormborn: 11:24am On Jun 17, 2019
amoskitto:
Good morning,
Please I intend to register for the BCS exam for September. Any advice on how to get materials and prepare for the exam? Also, is there a WhatsApp group for this? WOuld appreciate your response.

Thanks

Hello amoskitto. I checked the bcs site and their only partner in nigeria is in jos.they are called compunet computer services limited.check their site,you will see their contact number.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by TITILOLA88: 11:37am On Jun 17, 2019
Thanks, do have a wonderful weekend?
melochic:
I'm not self employed. I was asked if I own the company and explain my roles and duties. I guess its because I work for a group of company and its subsidiaries which kind of confused them. My salary is sometimes paid by the main company or its subsidiaries

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chikcutie(f): 11:37am On Jun 17, 2019
@Scandinavian02

Thanks a lot! I have received your email and the whatsapp link.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by COPR: 11:50am On Jun 17, 2019
SonsOfLiverpool:
I have a question oh. What are the chances that the Score will remain at 460 and what are the chances of changing to a lower or higher figure? I would love to see the trend and history of cut off marks if I can analyze and predict future cut offs. Anybody please assist.

These are the factors that make the cut- off points to go higher or lower:

1. The frequency of the draws: If the draws are held weekly, cut-off will go as low as 420-. However, if it's held on 4-week basis, cut-off will go as high as 470+.
2. The number of invitees: If IRCC gives out 4000 ITAs in ome draw, cut-off will be lower; but if they give out 3000, it'd be higher
3. Number of people invited via PNP route.
4. Number of people that enter the pool weekly.
5. Number of people that land and give 15 points for their siblings.

To predict if cut-off will go higher/lower, you should note the number of ITAs IRCC wants to give out this year and deduct it from ITAs given out already. If whatever that is left is bigger than what they've given, there is a possibility that the cut-off will come down.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ugomaxx: 11:51am On Jun 17, 2019
@ Zeezi, @Sienakab being at 450 is not bad. My hunch is ITA will eventually start falling on & crushing (on a lighter note) people in that CRS score range. Just give it time. The problem is that @Jennyphab1 is right, his score really is 447 and not 450, unfortunately, which is very tricky even under the most optimistic permutations. So, @Sienakab my good man, you've to max out your ielts to stand a good chance. You're here now, so you might as well take it easy and read from Page 1,i have a feeling you'll be glad you did.
Zeezii:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Michaeladeboyej(m): 11:55am On Jun 17, 2019
Please let me know if you have gotten any
MMMJJJ:
Hello House,

Thank you for the good work done here.
Is there a whatsapp group for May 2019 AOR? I would like to join. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Vicolak: 12:03pm On Jun 17, 2019
bbpin:

Congrats. May Canada favour you
TIMELINE:

Ghost update 14th June
VO- Ottawa
Family of 4

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Michaeladeboyej(m): 12:06pm On Jun 17, 2019
Hi Boss,
Please i need to join a whatsapp group for May 2019 AOR. Please assist.

Topsmamen:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 12:10pm On Jun 17, 2019
Michaeladeboyej:
Hi Boss,
Please i need to join a whatsapp group for May 2019 AOR. Please assist.

Okay boss, please send me a PM.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 12:18pm On Jun 17, 2019
Yes you are safe
NameUserNo:
Just just clarification even though I have already submitted my application. I used NYSC to claim points but i didn't mention the 19800 I was paid as a corper because my PPA only declared the salary they paid me on the reference letter. Am I safe?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 12:20pm On Jun 17, 2019
Amazing! That's the spirit. #Wemove

SonsOfLiverpool:
Let me say a big thank you to this big man cuteguy201 for taking his time to meet with me as proposed. I appreciate others who showed concern by sending messages. Thanks cuteguy201 I learnt a lot and I know a bit more about the journey ahead. I am part of this family and will need the help of the house henceforth. Happy Sunday and I wish all workers a fantastic week ahead.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Vicolak: 12:22pm On Jun 17, 2019
Congrats
TIMELINE:

Ghost update 14th June
VO- Ottawa
Family of 4
[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by jollyjols: 12:25pm On Jun 17, 2019
is there any Nigerians only february AOR whatsapp group? I would like to join

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Vicolak: 12:25pm On Jun 17, 2019
Congrats

overcomer296:
My timeline

Decision to migrate- October 2017
Ist ielts - December 2017
I gave up because I was disappointed with the result and my spouse convinced me that "naija go beta"
I picked up interest again when Canada was the new rave in my industry; banking
Eca completed- October 2018
2nd ielts - October 2018
3rd ielts - December 2018 (at this time I was fed up with my job and studied hard. Finally)
ITA - Dec 19 2018
AOR - Feb6th.
POF - 70% fixed deposit letter, 30% savings account balance with my pension as buffer.
NOC - 6235
BIL - March 22
PPR - May 7
COPR - June 3
I am most grateful to God.
Many thanks to all the contributors on nairaland. I got most of the guide concerning this journey from there

(Many apologies for the delay, but I just know u had to share it here)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by sienakab: 12:29pm On Jun 17, 2019
Ugomaxx:
@ Zeezi, @Sienakab being at 450 is not bad. My hunch is ITA will eventually start falling on & crushing (on a lighter note) people in that CRS score range. Just give it time. The problem is that @Jennyphab1 is right, his score really is 447 and not 450, unfortunately, which is very tricky even under the most optimistic permutations. So, @Sienakab my good man, you've to max out your ielts to stand a good chance. You're here now, so you might as well take it easy and read from Page 1,i have a feeling you'll be glad you did.

Thanks for the inspirational response. That your feeling inspires me. I will work hard on IELTS.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 12:31pm On Jun 17, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by sienakab: 12:31pm On Jun 17, 2019
Zeezii:

Thanks for your contribution. ������
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by sienakab: 12:33pm On Jun 17, 2019
Jennypharb1:

With your masters degree and an IELTS score of 8777 in Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing, you get 447 points. 447 these days may not be enough to get an invitation to apply because even those with 450-460 are still waiting.

However I'd you max out scores on your IELTS e.g. get a 7.5 in writing instead of a 7, a 7.5 in speaking instead of a 7, an 8 in reading instead of a 7 and an 8 in listening, then you'll be able to get about 456 points which puts you in a better position to get an invitation to apply.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp?_ga=2.141128822.555779551.1530002975-1561889732.1516351987

Just play around with this tool. IELTS is a bit difficult but if you put your mind to it I'm sure you can do it.

If you start from page 1 of this part, you'll be able to get a good feel of what the process is about since you've already been on the Australian thread you'll understand better. Part 1 also contains links to previous threads so you can always get to other threads and see more information when you need it

I do not know if you stand a better chance on this path because I don't know what your chances are on the Australian PR path so just look around and ask questions when you don't understand and you can make your decision afterwards

Thank you so much bro, I’m highly indebted ������

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by swiftkid007: 12:43pm On Jun 17, 2019
teepee4Him:
PPR STORY

The decision to try EE - May 2018
IELTS - Oct 28, 2018 - L8.5 R7.5 S7.5 W7.5

ECA - February 12, 2019
EE Cut off Draw - 457
CRS - 475
NOC - 9213
Marital status - Single
No of family - 1
ITA - February 20, 2019
AOR - February 27, 2019
CSE 1 Raised - March 27, 2019 - to add ECA certificate
MEP/BIL - April 11, 2019
Biometrics completed - April 18, 2019
CSE 2 Raised - To know VO processing application - April 25, 2019
PPR mail - May 14, 2019
PO - CIO Sydney, Nova Scotia

I decided to consider Canada EE during the third semester of my Master's program. I was almost getting tired of studying for a Ph.D. Also, my proposed 'girlfriend' started showing me some glorious signs of what it means to marry an American grin. I decided to give her some space, and focus on Canada cool.

IELTS: I really didn't prepare for this. I had written GRE a few years back and TOEFL earlier in the year. I was convinced IELTS wouldn't be much of a problem. I only read the official IELTS brochure detailing the type and format of questions to expect.

ECA: I graduated from Yaba Tech with ND and HND in Food Technology. When I realized ND and HND can be evaluated to 2 or more degrees, I decided to give it a try. I have an evaluated course by course WES US transcript. I requested that WES US transfer my documents to WES Canada and paid the 210 CAD. However, after transferring my documents, WES insisted that I must provide SSCE/WAEC verification. I complained and explained to them that I already have a completed evaluated transcript in 2016 and that WAEC was not a requirement then. After several calls and emails to WES, they insisted I must provide WAEC verification. Since I was scheduled to complete my master's degree in December 2018, I decided to remove my ND and HND certificate from my WES account and evaluated my Msc without WAEC. That meant that I had to wait till January to send my Msc transcript to WES.

PCC: Inspector Moshood came to the rescue. Gladly paid 6K, filled the necessary docs and my younger brother helped me to collect from him.

Work Experience: I claimed three years as a fish processing plant supervisor. I had worked on our 'little catfish farm' from 2013 - 2016. It is a family farm and I wasn't paid salary but got a commission every time we sold the fishes. I included in my reference letter that I received my income in the form of a commission based on the profit margin made by the fish plant. I didn't include payslip nor bank statement as I had none. Honestly, this was the greatest fear I had. The farm had no internet presence and was not registered as at then. I later encouraged my Dad to register the farm earlier this year just for future purposes.

EE Pool: Based on my age and certificates, I was fortunate to have a high simulated CRS score. Thus, I was sure that regardless of how high the cut-off score may be, as long as I am in the pool, I will most likely get an ITA once a draw is done. I started my EE application Feb 8 but couldn't submit my application. I was expecting WES to complete ECA Feb 18. Fortunately, they completed it on Feb 12. I immediately entered the pool thinking there should be a draw on Feb 13. Unfortunately, there was no draw on Feb 13. Three weeks gap between draws ensured that the next draw on Feb 20 had a high cut-off - 457. I however still got ITA based on my high CRS score.

Medicals and Biometrics: These were quite easy. All I had to do was make a call, book an appointment and get my results. I followed up my medicals with a call just to ensure results were sent in time.

After my medicals, I submitted my application and got AOR on Feb 27. The Hospital informed me that they sent my medical result to CIC on Mar 14. I was expecting MEP/BIL a month after my AOR which should be on Mar 27. I didn't get any. While relaxing and reading NL, I realized I didn't submit my ECA certificate. I only included my ECA number. @Topsmamen advised some who didn't submit ECA certificate to raise CSE. While some folks were arguing whether it affects R10 or not, I decided to raise CSE on Mar 27th. Finally, medical was passed and I got a request for biometrics on April 11, 2019.

A week after biometrics (April 25), I decided to raise another CSE just to find out VO processing my application. I didn't get a response until May 2nd. From May 5th to May 12th, I noticed some subtle changes or updates on my account. However, I wasn't really sure how to know IP1 or IP2 so, I decided to ignore it.

Finally, I woke up on May 14th and got the PPR email.

N.B: My timeline and story may be slightly different and concise. I am currently studying in the U.S and I don't want to add irrelevant stories.

Madam script-grader grin - Grade this story with mercy. Also, give me my bonus one point abeg. cheesy

Thanks to all, for all the information and insight, shared on this platform. May it all end in praise.
Congratulations and I wish you well...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by stonecoldcafe: 12:46pm On Jun 17, 2019
sinie:
Its PPR!!!!!!!

My timeline

Congratulations on your PPR.
So much to take away from your wealth of experience during your journey. Both AOR groups you belonged to were clearly a good support. I kinda wish i took advantage of this in my time.

In other news, June AOR someone please PM me. I have someone who submitted in june and wants to join una. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 12:51pm On Jun 17, 2019
Amen nice work that you are doing
Avidreader748:
Chai, been a few days away.

May the new week bring an outpour of PPRs.
Have a great week.

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.