Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1049316 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by shegzee43: 10:54am On Jun 21, 2019
Magnifico2000:

But someone on this thread told me Wes don't evaluate statement of result. Only certificates that are ready.

They do 100%
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Aishator: 10:56am On Jun 21, 2019
Congratulations. Please can I get your contact?. I need to know about this processes and ill like to be added to the WhatsApp groups.
Thanks

cry
cntabs:
Praise God my people, it's PPR.

Please bear with me as this is really long.

WES ECA started: May 7th 2018
IELTS: June 2nd 2018, (BC) - LRWS - 8,9,7,8
Medicals (IOM) - November 22nd 2018
WES ECA completed: December 18th 2018
EE Profile created: December 18th 2018
ITA: December 19th 2018
AOR: January 30th 2019
BIL/MEP: March 13th 2019
Called CIC: April 30th 2019. VO was ottawa. Eligibility met. Others not started
Ordered GCMS Notes: May 10 2019
GCMS Notes Arrived: June 14 2019 (Eligibility passed, Security and Criminality not started)
Ghost Update: June 19 2019
PPR: June 20 2019

Single Applicant
Ottawa Visa Office

Background
So my eldest brother got his PR at the end of 2017 and advised me to begin the process. I used the CRS calculator and my points weren't looking very good as I only had a few months of post NYSC work experience. I had just started a new job after some months of unemployment. He alongside my mum continued to persuade me to begin the process referencing my pre NYSC and NYSC experience. I researched the Australian immigration process and it looked bleak for me. I later joined this thread and researched a bit on the work experience issue and confirmed that my NYSC experience could be used. After some more research from the cic website and canadavisa.com, I also confirmed that the pre NYSC experience was also valid for the process. Though I was skeptical of the possibility of getting the work references, I decided to start the process.

ECA - WES
I paid for my WES evaluation at the beginning of may 2018 (Used WES because my brother used same).
Sent my statement of result to WES using hellofax and paid for the transcript from my school. Lots of challenges here. After over two months my transcript hadn't been acknowledged by WES. While searching for solutions I got someone's number here and decided to give him trial. Needless to say he was God sent. Within a month my transcript had gotten to WES. They then sent the verification letter which became the next battle. Contacted him again for the verification. This time the story was different however. Different stories came up from the school and almost 3 months went by. Cutting the long story short, my school eventually verified the results to WES early in December and it turned out to be in my favour as my months of experience were increasing. The ECA proceeded and I got my evaluation on the 18th of December 2018.

IELTS - BC
After paying for WES, the next step was IELTS. I booked on the mainland with British Council (Didn't know about MOD till much later) for June 2nd 2018. Had about 3 weeks to prepare. Traffic was really pervasive at the time and work didn't give much room either. I got tips from a friend on the general overview of the exam. I prepared for listening with a random site I found as well as the main British Council Ielts website. I studied speaking with ieltsliz.com, also practiced answering the questions with my mom as the examiner grin . For writing, I used the training on the British Council ielts site. Finally for reading, I watched a video my friend gave me where the lady advised not to read the passages but to go straight to the questions and try picking out the answers. In all honesty, the preparation was quite shabby. Whenever my brother saw me playing video games he would sound a warning of how people prepare hard for IELTS and how people write IELTS multiple times to get the right score. At some point, I accepted I wouldn't pass as the time was too short so I just zeroed my mind on another exam, even blamed him in my mind for making me book early as I planned to book for July.
Eventually the date of speaking came on the Saturday prior to the main exam. The examiner was really nice and her voice cast away all my tension. Luckily for me the first question she asked was the very question IeltsLiz treated in the tutorial she gave grin ("Do you live in a house or an apartment?"wink and my fictional answer was on point. The rest of the test was fine. The second leg of the exam was scheduled for June 2nd. My brother travelled to CA that day so unfortunately I couldn't see him off to the airport. During the listening I lost concentration and missed one of the questions cry. I also started the first section of my writing with pencil then wrote with the pen once i was ok with it. Unfortunately this took a lot of my time and I was still writing with pen when I heard 20 minutes left. Quickly jumped to the second second and barely finished it. I went home praying and hoping for the best whilst also prepared for another test. I was up playing video games in the early morning of Saturday the 16th of June 2018 when I decided to check the IELTS website for the result. God was really merciful to me. Results were LRWS: 8,9,7,8. I immediately chatted my brother up to give him the good news.

Documents Preparation
After the IELTS result was ready and the ECA was in progress I started sourcing for my documents.
Employment
This was the next biggest challenge. I started working immediately I finished school as I did my IT with the company and also worked part time with them in my final year. I then worked with them from when I finished school till i was done with my NYSC. After this I worked with an American company remotely for some months before I joined my new employer.
The current place wouldn't be a problem however the foreign company as well as the first were sources of concern for me. Without going into too much stories, God was merciful again and I'm grateful to all the companies as they were very nice and helpful. All provided me the reference letters in CIC format.

Medicals
Once my school verified my results with WES, I decided to book for medicals. At that time Qlife was booked till march and I was scared that IOM would follow suit. I went for the medicals at IOM ikeja. Got there early and I was done at about 11 am.

ITA
My ECA was ready on the 18th of December 2018 and I immediately created my Express entry profile. A draw was held the next day (439) and I got the ITA. CRS was 450.

POF
My mom came to the rescue here. She transferred the POF and signed the gift deed as well. I notarized the deed at Igbosere court, Obalende for 1500.

PCC
I did this with Inspector Moshood for 3000. Also had a bad experience as the gear of my car refused to enter into reverse cry. Luckily people around helped me push the car towards the road grin.

After all these, the last item was the work reference letter from my current employer. I was advised to wait till the new year to get it. Shortly after my one year anniversary I approached my boss for it and he gave me without any problems, also gave me lots of valuable advice.

Application
I created a OneDrive folder called cic. Inside this folder, I created a folder for all the components of the application. Employment, education, passport, pof, sibling proof etc. Inside each folder I created a folder called parts which contained the individual scanned documents. I used pdfmerge to merge the documents together. After each category's document was ready I uploaded it into it's folder (e.g employment). This way at every point in time and even after I submitted I could find out exactly what I had submitted.

Education : Submitted scanned wes eca, statement of result, and ielts result.
Employment : submitted reference letter for each company, offer letter for each company, last 3 months account statement for each company highlighting salary payments, payslips and confirmation letter where available.
Medicals : the medical print out provided by IOM
POF : used a fixed deposit for 60 days. Submitted the FD certificate, account statement of my other investment with the bank, account statement showing the transfers of the gift deed, account statement of my mum showing the debits of the gift deed and finally the notarized gift deed.
PCC : all pages of the police clearance certificate
Proof of sibling : my brother's PR card, utility bill, childhood picture circling him and myself, our international passports, our birth certificates and a newspaper clipping showing my dad's change of name
LOE : I explained what I submitted for employment . Explained why some of the payments were larger than expected. Also explained the composition of the POF .

I submitted my application on Wednesday Jan 30 2019. At this point I joined a number of whatsapp groups and couldn't keep up with both the groups and nairaland so I concentrated on the groups. After about a month and half I got the MEP/BIL request. Then there was silence. Decided to call them in April. I loaded skype airtime €5. I was able to reach them on the 30th of April. A nice middle aged lady said eligibility was met while others hadn't started. I took this with a grain of salt for some reason. In May I decided to order GCMS notes. Tension was getting much so I called on the 13th of June. Another nice lady said everything looked good without giving any further details angry. The GCMS Notes came on the 16th of June.
Eligibility was met on the 24th of April as the nice lady had suggested. The due date was 10th of June so I was quite happy as I believed my file was being worked on. On the 19th of June, there were lots of PPR announcement in the group and I decided to check my profile. I was quite elated to find a ghost update and quickly added cic.gc.ca to my allowed filters on gmail. I woke up the next morning to find the PPR mail sitting in my mailbox.

All glory to God for this great journey. I pray every one of us will get to Canada in Jesus name. Amen

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Aishator: 11:02am On Jun 21, 2019
Good morning all.
I just joined nairaland as regards the immigration processes to Canada. I'm currently a student at the Nigerian Law School. I want to start my processing immediately after Bar exams in August.
Please, I really need any help y'all could render as regards the step by step process to Canada through express entry.
You can also refer me to whatsaap groups and individuals that are lawyers/law students that were successful.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Deepsea14: 11:07am On Jun 21, 2019
cntabs:

GCMS Notes Arrived: June 14 2019 (Eligibility passed, Security and Criminality not started)

Single Applicant
Ottawa Visa Office

congratulations dear, may God favour you in Canada.
and your experiences were so detailed, i literally got a lot of jottings from it. thank you so much, God bless you!!!!
could you please send me the skeleton of the gift deed you notarized??
dipsycarez@gmail.com
I'd be deeply grateful.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by cntabs(m): 11:08am On Jun 21, 2019
Magnifico2000:

Amen. I am so happy for you.
What if someone don't really have much work experience. Is there something that can be done?

You can increase your points by adding degree or a recognized certificate. search nairaland bcs diploma. it's an exam you can take to improve your chances.

Note that you need at least 1 year of work experience to be eligible for the process. Also the first page of this thread was very helpful to me. Try and read it up. A lot of ground was covered.

cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bankyh1905(m): 11:11am On Jun 21, 2019
Welcome! You'll need to evaluate your academic credential(s) and write IELTS to begin with. Please visit page 1 of this thread for more info.

Aishator:
Good morning all.
I just joined nairaland as regards the immigration processes to Canada. I'm currently a student at the Nigerian Law School. I want to start my processing immediately after Bar exams in August.
Please, I really need any help y'all could render as regards the step by step process to Canada through express entry.
You can also refer me to whatsaap groups and individuals that are lawyers/law students that were successful.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by cntabs(m): 11:11am On Jun 21, 2019
No problem, send me a PM.

This thread also contains all the information you need as well people willing to help you out.

Aishator:
Congratulations. Please can I get your contact?. I need to know about this processes and ill like to be added to the WhatsApp groups.
Thanks

cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by cntabs(m): 11:13am On Jun 21, 2019
thanks for the kind words. I'll get it and send it to you before today runs out.

cheers

Deepsea14:

congratulations dear, may God favour you in Canada.
and your experiences were so detailed, i literally got a lot of jottings from it. thank you so much, God bless you!!!!
could you please send me the skeleton of the gift deed you notarized??
dipsycarez@gmail.com
I'd be deeply grateful.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by DonFreshmoney(m): 11:25am On Jun 21, 2019
cntabs:
thanks for the kind words. I'll get it and send it to you before today runs out.

cheers

Please i will need this also. Congrats on your PPR. Na landing gist remain. Da_amedu@yahoo.com. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by majamisile: 11:31am On Jun 21, 2019
Pardon my ignorance, she is indeed the queen o. About the transfer, e go make sense o as na there we go read 'boring' landing gist grin. The people for that thread go just dey wonder wetin dey happen grin grin. Abeg @ifeoma77 my popcorn don dey cold o and na 'guguru' I buy so person no go fit microwave am.
yemblaze:
Is like we will transfer them to the sister thread oooo...Make @joo2018 and @ifeoma77 give gi ahead...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Philips49: 11:33am On Jun 21, 2019
A Friend’s wife got pregnant after ITA will she be able to still do medical?
Reading some where that the family application will be put on hold.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Deyonsesi: 11:33am On Jun 21, 2019
Scandinavian02:
All June AOR. I want to believe we are many now.

Let's begin our What'sapp group

Hi,

I sent you a PM for addition to the June AOR group.

Kindly respond.

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 21, 2019
Hmmm...my people I really don't know how to start this gist�. It's not PR neither is it ITA. It is victory over IELTS

I never believed in my life that I will attempt an English exam more than once because I was an English guru then in high school� until I met this entity called IELTS�‍♂. First attempt- I didn't prepare much just memorized structures for writing from ieltsadvantage, did one or two reading test; had great scores, did one speaking with a friend(she finished me that night�) and practiced listening a lot because it was interesting.

On the day of the exam, I dressed up with my shoulders high because I go kill this exam today(this was my thought). The exam did go well and voom!!!!! Reading was 6.5. No shaking, registered another one immediately with BC CBT, studied for reading with Road to Ielts and did the exam. Hmmm another failure knocked on the door: this time it was the almighty Writing�(although it was my fault as I didn't answer the question sufficiently). At this point, I sourced for reviewers, which were Johnybravo(I call him the King of Grammar because you will forever write error-free sentences when you come in contact with him. We did midnight review via Whatsapp call and it was indeed thorough)and Wasseynewest(my Oga, I will forever be grateful to you. He is the Lord of Structures grin. After their several reviews, they both gave me the go ahead for registration which I did and I registered for BC CBT April 24th.I wrote the exam, called both of them that it is finished as I DESTROYED it completely. Finished writing within 45 minutes, reviewed continuously for the next 15 min and gave myself an 8 cool.

Result date show, no result available embarassed(abi I don over blast) followed up with calls and email, no response. I sent my fiancee to check for me on Friday; BC told her nobody sat for exam that day shocked(like seriously, are you kidding me) my babe nor get chill o, she tell them make dem go find am, she go wait for them. The search began and result was found. However, it was bad news as Writing was 6 lipsrsealed. I just weak. She raised a draft immediately for a remark and i sent a mail to all BC email addresses i laid my hands on explaining my plight as this score is unbelievable, but no reply yet wink.

Remark took 7 weeks and a mail was sent for collection and there was no attachment(meaning there was a change). My concern now was which one changed speaking or writing or writing upgraded to 6.5 instead of 7? Finally got there this morning around 7:50am grin. Writing upgraded from 6.0 to 7 and speaking from 7 to 7.5....

I am sincerely grateful to God for this miracle, Johnybravo who always checked up on me and encouraged me that it will positive, Wasseynewest, indeed you have the heart of gold, you even offered to give me money for next registration as you were confident BC victimized me. I say a big thank you cry. Thanks to my E-sister @ytp she can encourage for African, she made sure I didn't register for another exam till we see the result.
To everyone still battling with this process, NEVER GIVE UP

I need to reserve ink for PPR script (pen dropped grin

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Dammyomo123(f): 11:38am On Jun 21, 2019
Please house, can I make use of statement of result instead of my certificate (I dunno when it will be ready) for fsw.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Adunnee: 11:52am On Jun 21, 2019
Topsmamen:

grin

Those who agree that @Adunnee and @yemblaze are the latest jokers...

How come everyone is wearing red? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Adunnee: 11:58am On Jun 21, 2019
pyruvateluv:
Hmmm...my people I really don't know how to start this gist�. It's not PR neither is it ITA. It is victory over IELTS

grin

Wow...your fiancee is bae. I love her already. I hope she is on this journey too.

Congratulations on smashing IELTS.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Adunnee: 11:59am On Jun 21, 2019
Dammyomo123:
Please house, can I make use of statement of result instead of my certificate (I dunno when it will be ready) for fsw.

Which evaluating body do you want to use?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Anikulapu: 11:59am On Jun 21, 2019
morning NL family please does anyone have any update about Accra VO because it seem they have been a little slow of late @Topsmamen
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Aishator: 12:00pm On Jun 21, 2019
Thank you very much.
bankyh1905:
Welcome! You'll need to evaluate your academic credential(s) and write IELTS to begin with. Please visit page 1 of this thread for more info.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Dammyomo123(f): 12:01pm On Jun 21, 2019
Wes
Adunnee:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Magnifico2000: 12:01pm On Jun 21, 2019
[quote author=pyruvateluv ).

Remark took 7 weeks and a mail was sent for collection and there was no attachment(meaning there was a change). My concern now was which one changed speaking or writing or writing upgraded to 6.5 instead of 7? Finally got there this morning around 7:50am grin. Writing upgraded from 6.0 to 7 and speaking from 7 to 7.5....

I am sincerely grateful to Johnybravo who always checked up on me and encouraged me that it will positive, Wasseynewest, indeed you have the heart of gold, you even offered to give me money for next registration as you were confident BC victimized me. I say a big thank you cry. Thanks to my E-sister @ytp she can encourage for African, she made sure I didn't register for another exam till we see the result.
To everyone still battling with this process, NEVER GIVE UP

I need to reserve ink for PPR script (pen dropped grin[/quote]
Hmmm.. congrats bro. This is a form of encouragement for us that haven't taken the test. But why is it that some pple would apply for a remark before they can get the desired scores? Is it the BC is not marking correctly?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Fidesa: 12:02pm On Jun 21, 2019
Kdamnhot:

please my elders, i still need clarity on this

Go to the bank and ask them to print your certificate on their letter head and they should sign off
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Dammyomo123(f): 12:02pm On Jun 21, 2019
Wes or ices
Adunnee:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jun 21, 2019
Adunnee:

Wow...your fiancee is bae. I love her already. I hope she is on this journey too.

Congratulations on smashing IELTS.

grin yes she is

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 21, 2019
[quote author=Magnifico2000 post=79539417][/quote]
It's a question still begging for an answer

Las las we will be fine
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by majamisile: 12:11pm On Jun 21, 2019
Hephgirl:

BRACE YOURSELF IT'S A LONG READ

ITA 15TH NOVEMBER
AOR Jan 10
Mep and BIL Feb 22
Bio complete Feb 26 ( had to travel)
Ghost update: June 8
Ghost
Congrats @hephgirl, your AOR date now explains it all cool. So team @topmamen and @ifeoma77 una no get anything to fear again o grin. May the journey be smoother from here forward. Enjoy Maple land.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 12:13pm On Jun 21, 2019
Anikulapu:
morning NL family please does anyone have any update about Accra VO because it seem they have been a little slow of late @Topsmamen

Beats me. Though there are speculations that AVO is busy with study visas because of the September semester intake and that by next month, they will resume issuing immigrant visas. All we can do now is wait and be hopeful.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Anikulapu: 12:14pm On Jun 21, 2019
ahhhh cry cry cry cry cry thanks
Topsmamen:

Beats me. Though there are speculations that AVO is busy with study visas because of the September semester intake and that by next month, they will resume issuing immigrant visas. All we can do now is wait and be hopeful.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Adunnee: 12:16pm On Jun 21, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Idlovefur: 12:25pm On Jun 21, 2019
FaskRolce:

Dm me. I have a contact
Hello pls i need your help with this too abeg please share your contact.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by TemiGee: 12:38pm On Jun 21, 2019
Congratulations @cntabs

May the journey ahead be easy and favourable for you.

Cheers ! smiley

cntabs:

Single Applicant
Ottawa Visa Office

All glory to God for this great journey. I pray every one of us will get to Canada in Jesus name. Amen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.