Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,583 members, 7,827,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1057179 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by barby008: 4:01pm On Jun 21, 2019
[quote author=nwizu042 post=79545086]Please house help, a mistake was made on DOB on my waec certificate (year of birth) but I didn't bother sinve it didn't affect anything back then. The issue now is I want to apply for wes and I am scared it could be an obstacle to me.
I went to waec and I am told it will take at least 6 months to rectify it. 6 months is too long a wait.
What do

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by amaya21: 4:03pm On Jun 21, 2019
I saw two responses above. I agree with them and I don't think hernia surgery is a serious disease. You stated that there were no complications.

If you want to mention it to make you sleep better, you can go ahead. But it is not something you have to have ongoing treatment/monitoring for.

godG:
Good People,

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I need more perspectives on this:

I had an inguinal hernia (a.k.a. sports hernia) surgery 5 years ago. No complications. I started my involvement in sports a month after the surgery.

Do you think I should answer "Yes" to the question asking about "serious diseases or physical or mental disorders" under statutory questions?

Again, thanks in anticipation of your responses.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chicyclass(f): 4:06pm On Jun 21, 2019
Congratulations!
May Canada favour you

cntabs:
Praise God my people, it's PPR.

Please bear with me as this is really long.

WES ECA started: May 7th 2018
IELTS: June 2nd 2018, (BC) - LRWS - 8,9,7,8
Medicals (IOM) - November 22nd 2018
WES ECA completed: December 18th 2018
EE Profile created: December 18th 2018
ITA: December 19th 2018
AOR: January 30th 2019
BIL/MEP: March 13th 2019
Called CIC: April 30th 2019. VO was ottawa. Eligibility met. Others not started
Ordered GCMS Notes: May 10 2019
GCMS Notes Arrived: June 14 2019 (Eligibility passed, Security and Criminality not started)
Ghost Update: June 19 2019
PPR: June 20 2019

Single Applicant
Ottawa Visa Office

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by godG: 4:13pm On Jun 21, 2019
amaya21:
I saw two responses above. I agree with them and I don't think hernia surgery is a serious disease. You stated that there were no complications.

If you want to mention it to make you sleep better, you can go ahead. But it is not something you have to have ongoing treatment/monitoring for.

Thank you, sir. Really appreciate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chicyclass(f): 4:19pm On Jun 21, 2019
Congratulations!
It is a big relief.
Funny, I had wondered why you haven't gotten your PPR....
We thank God that this is done and dusted.
pyruvateluv:
Hmmm...my people I really don't know how to start this gist�. It's not PR neither is it ITA. It is victory over IELTS

I never believed in my life that I will attempt an English exam more than once because I was an English guru then in high school� until I met this entity called IELTS�‍♂. First attempt- I didn't prepare much just memorized structures for writing from ieltsadvantage, did one or two reading test; had great scores, did one speaking with a friend(she finished me that night�) and practiced listening a lot because it was interesting.

Remark took 7 weeks and a mail was sent for collection and there was no attachment(meaning there was a change). My concern now was which one changed speaking or writing or writing upgraded to 6.5 instead of 7? Finally got there this morning around 7:50am grin. Writing upgraded from 6.0 to 7 and speaking from 7 to 7.5....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by CheesyTee(f): 4:26pm On Jun 21, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ytum: 4:38pm On Jun 21, 2019
amaya21:
You will need updated proof of funds to cover her, as per family of two. She will also need to do medicals and biometrics.

Yeah. I am just not sure if she will need to do results verifications. That is the confusing part
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by barby008: 4:38pm On Jun 21, 2019
CheesyTee:
Hello, kindly delete the part I deleted in your post. This sends a wrong signal and may have future effect on affidavits from our country if we all dish out this type of advice. I’ll also delete this later.
Done
So which way forward ma'am
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chicyclass(f): 4:39pm On Jun 21, 2019
Hmm!
Please go to their office o.

My third IELTS, I received nothing at all.
I called and called.. Sent mails tire. No BC office in Benin but Abuja, and because I had written before with them, I gatecrashed the exam. Only for them to have my details in their system.
*Nodding their heads like Agama Lizards. angry
So annoying and exhausting.
OkunrinMeta:
Hi guys. I have paid for ielts computer based for like a week now, sent the proof to their email but haven't gotten a confirmation. Does it usually take this long or is there a problem?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by CheesyTee(f): 4:49pm On Jun 21, 2019
This may not be the best advice but the person can use ICES, although, evaluation takes longer compared to WEDS but it will eventually be the fastest way to resolve this, compared to waiting 6 months for WAEC to correct the error.

Cc: @nwizu042
barby008:

Done
So which way forward ma'am
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bankyh1905(m): 4:50pm On Jun 21, 2019
No need for credential evaluation, except she's adding points to the CRS.

Ytum:

Yeah. I am just not sure if she will need to do results verifications. That is the confusing part
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by amaya21: 4:52pm On Jun 21, 2019
I don't think she will need to do ECA and the rest.

I don't think IRCC recalculates CRS if the marriage genuinely occurs after AOR. You can check with others who got married post AOR. Also check the post below and follow the links.

https://www.nairaland.com/5031893/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/370#77745415

Ytum:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 21, 2019
OkunrinMeta:
Hi guys. I have paid for ielts computer based for like a week now, sent the proof to their email but haven't gotten a confirmation. Does it usually take this long or is there a problem?
my booking was cancelled, had to go through an insider. they wont reply mails or calls, useless organisation. i just pray someone with cash brings celpips to nigeria soon.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Asking: 4:55pm On Jun 21, 2019
Evening sir please i sent u an pm message, please I need your contact for NECO verification thanks.
COPR:

NECO has not suspended verification. You can PM me for a contact in Minna that can help you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by aderibs: 5:08pm On Jun 21, 2019
helphelp:

Unfortunately, my L 8.5 R 8 W 6.5 S 7.5 remained unchanged after EOR

My verdict, EOR is a 10-90% chance of changing

This Canada waka come tire me

Did you try applying for a remark of your writing?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by johnnybravo1990: 5:22pm On Jun 21, 2019
pyruvateluv:
Hmmm...my people I really don't know how to start this gist�. It's not PR neither is it ITA. It is victory over IELTS

I never believed in my life that I will attempt an English exam more than once because I was an English guru then in high school� until I met this entity called IELTS�‍♂. First attempt- I didn't prepare much just memorized structures for writing from ieltsadvantage, did one or two reading test; had great scores, did one speaking with a friend(she finished me that night�) and practiced listening a lot because it was interesting.

I need to reserve ink for PPR script (pen dropped grin
Congrats bro. I’m happy for you. Hard work pays. It was a mystery to me when you said you had a 6 in writing—after all the reviews?

I used to think BC was very legit. Mehn, from some of my students‘ experiences, it seems BC is a scam. I wish you the best bro.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Abk2019: 5:26pm On Jun 21, 2019
I registered for my ielts on the 13th of June, I plan to write in July, but I haven't received the timetable. Pls what will I do
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bankyh1905(m): 5:37pm On Jun 21, 2019
Be calm and focus on being prepared. You will receive the very short timetable in a week or two to your exam date. smiley

Abk2019:
I registered for my ielts on the 13th of June, I plan to write in July, but I haven't received the timetable. Pls what will I do

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by iphenon: 6:35pm On Jun 21, 2019
Will scores ever get to 449 this year sad

And is there a possibility of a back to back draw anytime soon? embarassed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 6:41pm On Jun 21, 2019
LWKMD grin grin

@Adunnee...come and see us on National TV cheesy

The ayes have it cheesy

Topsmamen:

grin

Those who agree that @Adunnee and @yemblaze are the latest jokers...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Arosam(m): 6:41pm On Jun 21, 2019
Progress2468:
Please who has a contact for Uniben Transcript? It's urgent, am doing this on behalf of a brother

https:///2348066548070
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by beabeasquare: 6:47pm On Jun 21, 2019
Congratulations. May you prosper in Canada

cntabs:
Praise God my people, it's PPR.

Please bear with me as this is really long.

WES ECA started: May 7th 2018
IELTS: June 2nd 2018, (BC) - LRWS - 8,9,7,8
Medicals (IOM) - November 22nd 2018
WES ECA completed: December 18th 2018
EE Profile created: December 18th 2018
ITA: December 19th 2018
AOR: January 30th 2019
BIL/MEP: March 13th 2019
Called CIC: April 30th 2019. VO was ottawa. Eligibility met. Others not started
Ordered GCMS Notes: May 10 2019
GCMS Notes Arrived: June 14 2019 (Eligibility passed, Security and Criminality not started)
Ghost Update: June 19 2019
PPR: June 20 2019

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by shegzee43: 6:50pm On Jun 21, 2019
iphenon:
Will scores ever get to 449 this year sad

And is there a possibility of a back to back draw anytime soon? embarassed

Following previous trend, there is no permutation whatsoever that can accurately determine how impending CRS turn out. In fact, when it fell drastically and unprecedentedly to 413, no one predicted it. I am sure God needed to favour someone then.

Your best approach is to have faith and not to trust people's judgement. I'm on 447 and I have no doubt that I'm having ITA before my next birthday. All things are possible to he who believes.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bekayy: 6:53pm On Jun 21, 2019
I had it too. The answer is no. it is a non communicable ailment. They are looking for serious things like HIV etc

godG:
Good People,

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I need more perspectives on this:

I had an inguinal hernia (a.k.a. sports hernia) surgery 5 years ago. No complications. I started my involvement in sports a month after the surgery.

Do you think I should answer "Yes" to the question asking about "serious diseases or physical or mental disorders" under statutory questions?

Again, thanks in anticipation of your responses.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bigwizzy001(m): 7:00pm On Jun 21, 2019
Please enlighten me my online family,

I've been a part of this thread since part 4 and I'm almost through with my Master degree at NOUN. I intended to be the PA initially but the way the cut off point is going up these days, I think my wife will better suit the position of PA. Please help me make this life changing decision. Understated are the our CRS;

I, being the PA

With my age (34), our CRS sits at 445 using 8,7,7,7 for the duo of us. It got upgraded to 457 if I max out all the modules (L 8.5, S 7.5, R 8, W 7.5) which will be a bit tasking. I'm not even sure I can max all out.

Wifey:

She clocked 29 last month. She has Bsc alone but I'm thinking she sits for BCS to upgrade her to 2 or more certificates. Mind you, we never registered for BCS but with what I read, the exam comes up in September. With her 2 or more certificates, we sit comfortably at 465 with both of us having 8,7,7,7. We stand a better chance if she maxes out in any of those modules but my major concerns are ;

1. She's self employed. She sells foodstuffs and Akube clothes. This she has been doing after her nysc. I don't want her to use 1 year nysc experience because we are going to fall short of 25 points i.e 440 which isn't encouraging. How do we get reference letter from her foodstuffs and clothing business?

2. What Noc are we going to categorise her business ?

3. Personally I think with that kind of business, she is more eligible for FST and not FSW.

4. Can we just ask her PPA to give us reference letter for 3 years and state they pay her in cash?

Please answer accordingly.

Thanks all....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by shegzee43: 7:07pm On Jun 21, 2019
[quote author=bigwizzy001 post=79550704]Please enlighten me my online family,

I've been a part of this thread since part 4 and I'm almost through with my Master degree at NOUN. I intended to be the PA initially but the way the cut off point is going up these days, I think my wife will better suit the position of PA. Please help me make this life changing decision. Understated are the our CRS;

I, being the PA

With my age (34), our CRS sits at 445 using 8,7,7,7 for the duo of us. It got upgraded to 457 if I max out all the modules (L 8.5, S 7.5, R 8, W 7.5) which will be a bit tasking. I'm not even sure I can max all out.

Except you have a sibling in Canada or your wife a masters holder, I do not think you can score up to 457 , even with a clb 10 in ielts. I think you should recheck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Susizo: 7:17pm On Jun 21, 2019
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Who did this? Jesus������������
It's ppppppppppppppppppppppppppprrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Full gist coming soon, I still dey Dreamland
TIMELINE:
IELTS: Dec 15, 2018
Profile created: Jan 5, 2019
ITA: Jan 10 2019
AOR: feb  22, 2019
MED passed: April 10, 2019
BIL: April 13, 2019
Biometrics submitted/updated: April 15, 2019
CSE response: June 13, 2019
Background checks not initiated.
Ghost update: June 19, 2019
PPR: June 20, 2019 dated June 19 2019
VO- Ottawa

Family of 3

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Bubblefairy(f): 7:20pm On Jun 21, 2019
Bubblefairy:
So, WES decided to burst my bubble and fall my hand, faxing my ND and HND Statement of Result to WES was the first thing I did after payment. My status was updated 'we received your documents bla bla bla', numerous emails and two months of inactivity later, I got an update that WES has ACCEPTED my documents save for my statement of Result which has not been RECEIVED. so status was put on hold oh.

This matter Don tire me ohh.

UPDATE

So, after faxing my statement of Result to WES four times, numerous emails, tweeting and one phone call later and ended up going back to my Institution. After hours of being tossed around and going from pillar to post, someone was kind enough to give me a solution. HND certificate was ready but ND certificate wasn't. I immediately applied for the Attestation Letter, begged all the beggables, stubbornly refused to travel back to Lagos and come back the next day. I was able to get my application approved same day (this was not easy at all at all)

My Letter could not be typed that day, so I wrote an authorisation letter and gave my sister to collect the Attestation Letter on my behalf. She snapped and sent the letter to me on Whatsapp, I changed the format to PDF, merged the Letter, my National Diploma Statement of Result and Higher National Diploma Degree Certificate and faxed to WES sharp sharp. My status was updated same day and next day my another update that my documents has been sent to school for verification.

Thanks to everyone for your advice and concern. Really appreciate it.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by nwizu042: 7:32pm On Jun 21, 2019
[quote author=barby008 post=79545593][/quote]

Thank you barby008.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by nwizu042: 7:38pm On Jun 21, 2019
CheesyTee:
This may not be the best advice but the person can use ICES, although, evaluation takes longer compared to WEDS but it will eventually be the fastest way to resolve this, compared to waiting 6 months for WAEC to correct the error.

Cc: @nwizu042

Thank you. Someone suggested I do a court affidavit to attach.
How does that sound?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by nwizu042: 7:43pm On Jun 21, 2019
Please house, which should i do first,
apply for wes, get the result and then wriye the ielts or write ielts and see what I score then Wes. I am very fresh here hence the questions.
Any suggestions on how to go About these.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ytum: 7:44pm On Jun 21, 2019
amaya21:
I don't think she will need to do ECA and the rest.

I don't think IRCC recalculates CRS if the marriage genuinely occurs after AOR. You can check with others who got married post AOR. Also check the post below and follow the links.

https://www.nairaland.com/5031893/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/370#77745415

Thanks. Appreciate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.