Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,247 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1047457 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 1:31pm On Jul 13, 2019
Keep the hope alive. You're not alone in this. PPR will come very soon.

jmnsimone:
Congratulations!! so happy for you. this gives me hope as we share the same AOR and VO. These people should do quick and release my PPR, these last 5+ months have been something else

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 1:42pm On Jul 13, 2019
Thank you for your sweet encouraging words and thanks for checking in on us once in a while. I missed your Je m'appelle tags grin

I appreciate you

Hope life in Canny good and you're pushing through. All the best.
Ramj:
Congrats to all IELTS acers.
And finally for those waiting for PPR those waiting for PPR hmmmmmmmm
In the words of M. Scott Peck (Paraphrased by me)

Life (like the wait for PPR) is difficult. This is a great truth, one of the greatest truths.
It is a great truth because once we truly see this truth, we transcend it.
Once we truly know that life (like the wait for PPR) is difficult-once we truly understand and accept it- then it is no longer difficult.
Because once it is accepted, the fact that life (like the wait for PPR) is difficult no longer matters.”

So while waiting don't put your life or plans or ambitions on hold, keep living for PPR will come and as some will say it will come when it will come.

Je m'appelle Ramj

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 1:54pm On Jul 13, 2019
@Jennypharb1 is busy typing her PPR story. Her PPR is out really really soon, I can smell it

@majamisile is busy arranging his docs post-ITA. He will reappear after AOR grin

I think @TemiGee and @DonTee07 have gotten PPR, like the others, they've moved on

I think my assistant @Richness1104 is on leave without pay grin

Umm @Scandnavian02, let's ask @Justwise, what did you do to him? grin
Topsmamen:
Where are my people? @majamisile, @TemiGee, @DonTee07, @Richness1104, @Scandinavian02, @Jennypharb1.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:00pm On Jul 13, 2019
Congratulations!!! So happy for you

@bolded really? grin And yet you gave us 12-line script only? grin Thanks anyway, it's better than 1 line. You score 3/10

All the best in Canada.

EHAO:
Silent readers association!!!! But I know how we do it, so heregoes my timeline
AOR Feb 8th 2019
ADR Mar 26th 2019
BIL 15th Apr 2019
MEP 15th Apr 2019
Ghost update Noticed July 11th ADR changed to NA
PPR July 11, 2019
Family of 3
Note-
1. Submitted bank reference letter and no bank statement.
2. Visa office: Ottawa
3. Called CIC once at the end of June to know Visa office (eligibility passed, security not started)
4. No GCMS requested

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by jaybros: 2:03pm On Jul 13, 2019
ladymarshall:
You must land into Canada before your medical expires, else you would have to re-do. Wait until you get ITA

Thank you. How months is the report valid for?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:08pm On Jul 13, 2019
Yes, your employers know you're a new PR and are aware of IRCC employment screenings anyway. Follow the sister thread and learn more on settlement plans.

damzy88:
Can one use the reference letter that was used for EE even with the IRCC's address on it? You know how difficult getting another reference letter from a Nigerian employer can be. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:09pm On Jul 13, 2019
1 year. Read page 1

jaybros:

Thank you. How months is the report valid for?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:12pm On Jul 13, 2019
For which NOC?

Most NOC codes require a college diploma or university degree.

Post your work title and job description and we can assess if it's usable
beges:
Hello house.can one claim work experience for a job done with ssce certificate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by beges: 2:22pm On Jul 13, 2019
ladymarshall:
For which NOC?

Most NOC codes require a college diploma or university degree.

Post your work title and job description and we can assess if it's usable
Thank you for coming through. NOC is 1242
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:38pm On Jul 13, 2019
Yaaay!!! Congratulations!!! So happy for you.

Seems like it's the full script. Thanks for sharing. I'm rushing too, take 2.9/10 grin

All the best in Canada

angelnenye:
Finally PPR has landed and Im short of words. I would like to say a very big thank you to this very platform that was a guide in my process and to the selfless people in this family. Many thanks.

Im rushing cos im at work oo....
I used 100% gift deed from parents as POF, attached the affidavit, bank ref letter(not in CIC format), 6 months acc statement only. Work experience was NYSC, attached my statement of acc showing payment from my ppa (state ministry) and ref letter from the ministry which was stamped and signed by my supervisor only.
Im grateful and I believe that our hustle must pay off.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 13, 2019
beges:

why not. carry go
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:41pm On Jul 13, 2019
If you are sure it's that NOC, then go ahead, I think you can use it
beges:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by beges: 2:45pm On Jul 13, 2019
ladymarshall:
Again thank you.this one sweet me.will I need to evaluate my ssce?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by beges: 2:46pm On Jul 13, 2019
ladymarshall:
Thank you.with this my crs will shoot up.do I submit my ssce or evaluate it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:46pm On Jul 13, 2019
Read page 1 and CIC website to clearly understand the process. Then only you can decide if you need to come back to Nigeria to complete the process. For instance, we can't tell if you have a babe in naija and decide to return to marry at some point to add her post-AOR. Or return briefly to convince a Naija funder in person. Those are hypotheticals. Point is only you can decide these things depending on how the process fits your circumstances.
Higherground1:
Would they at any point ask me to come back to Nigeria to complete the process?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by beges: 2:48pm On Jul 13, 2019
Joromi12:
why not. carry go
Thank you.please will I have to evaluate my ssce or submit it like that?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2019
What an interesting write-up. Congrats on your ITA, almost thought I was reading a PPR story, looking forward to it. Wish you speedy processing.

All the best.
boco2126:
I started writing this ‘’epistle’’ in the last days of February 2019 with a created profile and score of 450 (whic was almost a giving at that time) for a family of three, thinking our ITA was only few days away… little did I know that things would take a different turn in the coming days building up till this moment – 15th May 2019, (almost three months after) when we finally have our ITA (sorry, we did not even get the ITA that day too grin).

the best on this journey. Sorry for the lengthy post (this is a summary I tell ya), the blogger in me just wants to keep writing but I’ll continue after PPR soonest by God’s grace.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 13, 2019
beges:

Thank you.please will I have to evaluate my ssce or submit it like that?
if u use wes and your degrees are from nigerian schools yes
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 3:03pm On Jul 13, 2019
Lmao! grin grin
iaatmguy:
she should bring 25% of her POF grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by beges: 3:33pm On Jul 13, 2019
Joromi12:
if u use wes and your degrees are from nigerian schools yes
I used iqas. Besides ssce is not among the list of qualification for evaluation on wes website
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 13, 2019
beges:

I used iqas. Besides ssce is not among the list of qualification for evaluation on wes website
u used iqas good . Move on with ur life.wes required waec transcript for evaluation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by barnaby04(m): 4:00pm On Jul 13, 2019
Hello folks,

Please does anyone have an idea how much Unilorin charges for transcript and cost of sending it abraod for ECA evaluation purposes?

Thanks as you respond.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Matrix414: 4:15pm On Jul 13, 2019
good evening everyone, please I just conquered ielts and I'm about moving unto ECA, but I've a challenge, the middle name on my passport is Emmanuel while the middle name on my credentials is Emma. I'm I going to have any problems with that please. I'm planning on using WES, I don't know if I should use Emma or EMMANUEL. I humbly await your swift response. thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 13, 2019
barnaby04:
Hello folks,

Please does anyone have an idea how much Unilorin charges for transcript and cost of sending it abraod for ECA evaluation purposes?

Thanks as you respond.
about 15k in total
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by praiseisgood: 4:49pm On Jul 13, 2019
Belated COPR Announcement!!!

Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think…be glory and honour and power for evermore. It can only be God from submission to PPR was 2 months.

Timeline
IELTS: Principal Applicant (L,R,W,S - 9,8.5,7,7) – 28th July 2018
IELTS: Partner - 8.5,9,7.5, 7 - 2nd November 2017
ECA: WES - PA (2 or more certificates): 26th October 2018
ECA: WES - Partner (Masters): 27th August 2018
Score: 456
ITA: 15th November 2018
Medicals: IOM
PCC: Ikoyi -
Submission: 28th December 2018
Biometrics: 14th February 2019
PPR: 27th February 2019
COPR: 20th March 2019

This is coming late and I tender my unreserved apology while saluting Elders in the house who have ceaselessly and relentlessly provide assistance.

The Start
The urge to leave the country started early 2017. Canada and Australia were considered with AU trumping CA because of its clement weather and higher ‘ego’ (pay). However, the process became unfavourable for our occupations along the line. We then shifted our gaze to Canada. Thank God we did on time.

Credential Evaluation (WES – N70,000)
This was quite straight forward with the exception of date of birth error on transcript sent by the school to WES. We notified WES and also applied for a new transcript with correct date of birth. WES sent another report immediately they received the amended transcript.

IELTS (N75,000 / N68,000)
We already had a feel of IELTS (Academic) when pursuing the Australian dream. PA attempted first IELTS (General Module) with MOD but got a score of 6.5 in Writing. We remarked but MOD swallowed our 46k. The second attempt was with BC and it came out fine. Spouse attempted IELTS (GM) with MOD but there was a service failure which led to missing the Speaking session. The next attempt with BC which was meant for Australia but fell short of the required standard however came handy for Canada runs. Focus and aiming higher than the popular required score are key.

Medicals (N41,400 for adult and N28,000 for children )
We prescheduled Medical and spent 8 hours@ IOM Ikeja on the appointment date. That day was really busy and we were number 40 something at 8am. There was a staff there that kept making mistakes while imputing our records (appeared overstretched). However, the Doctor that attended to us was highly professional and made us think less of the time spent. An incident happened when urine sample was submitted. The nurse requested another sample because of the colour of the first sample. After nearly emptying a bottle of CWAY water placed at the reception, child of God was still not pressed. When urine was eventually squeezed out, the thing stubbornly appeared coloured. Las las, clear urine came out at the verge of giving up. Lest I forget, if you are a fan of sumptuous Ofada rice, then make sure you visit IOM canteen when next you are there. The delicacy was yummy and unbelievably cheap.

ITA
It wasn’t so much of a surprise that ITA fell on us or we fell on ITA (whichever suits Aunty Linda). Thereafter, the race to tidy our proof of fund started. We made sure the available fund exceeded the threshold a bit and then arranged all necessary proof of evidence. These include 6-month statement of accounts (for PA & Partner – though there was no fund in the accounts), Treasury Bill certificate, statement from IBTC and PA pension statement as a buffer against foreign exchange volatility. On the first page of POF, we have a table detailing each fund source in Naira as well as Canadian Dollar equivalent. We also briefly mentioned that the fund came from our combined savings.

Travel History
Nothing elaborate. Ghana, US, SA, UK & Dubai and of course our villages.

Work History
PA used six years of work experience relevant to the chosen NOC and move all other years to personal history. Spouse moved all years of experience to personal history.

PCC (N4,000)
ASP Moshood came handy. Such a very jovial, cheerful Officer with good customer service. At least he is unlike some that will collect your money and still behave as if they are doing you a whole world of favour. He processed it within a twinkle of an eye. God bless him.
Passport photograph was taken @studio 24 @ the rate of N1,500 per person.

Submission, AOR, PPR & COPR
We submitted on 28th December after paying all necessary fees. On February 14th 2019, Biometrics gave us a romantic visit and medical was updated as passed. We were then watching like bats (credit to Fayose) and on 2nd March when PA checked the mail, the golden mail was there in inbox chilling since 28th February (Dated 27th). The mail was nearly missed but God sent village people on errand.
We submitted our passports with the necessary fees (N17,800 / passport) and also paid for tracking services (surprisingly, it was functional). COPR and passports were picked up at VFS on 26th March, COPR (few days after we were notified of their arrival).

Many thanks to wonderful people who continuously labour to enrich this thread. All guidance was taken from this thread and the thread is highly recommended.

Shalom!

92 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 13, 2019
Good evening house, please can anyone advise the name or the computer course that is equivalent to masters..pls...and where one can register..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 13, 2019
praiseisgood:

Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think…be glory and honour and power for evermore. It can only be God from submission to PPR was 2 months.

Timeline
ECA: WES -

Shalom!
detailed . Congrats
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Debsify: 5:09pm On Jul 13, 2019
praiseisgood:

Congrats to you and yours. shalom!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Owlette: 5:33pm On Jul 13, 2019
LMAO at the bolded. Congratulations!!!
praiseisgood:

ITA
It wasn’t so much of a surprise that ITA fell on us or we fell on ITA (whichever suits Aunty Linda).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bankyh1905(m): 5:37pm On Jul 13, 2019
Congratulations! What an interesting read, filled with humour. grin

praiseisgood:

Timeline
ECA: WES - PA (2 or more certificates): 26th October 2018
ECA: WES - Partner (Masters): 27th August 2018
Score: 456
ITA: 15th November 2018
Medicals: IOM
PCC: Ikoyi -
Submission: 28th December 2018
Biometrics: 14th February 2019
PPR: 27th February 2019
COPR: 20th March 2019

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by meelife: 5:42pm On Jul 13, 2019
Hi All,
Please is there any other way to increase score besides PNP,IELTS,TEF and Masters?
Please advise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by damzy88: 5:50pm On Jul 13, 2019
ladymarshall:
Yes, your employers know you're a new PR and are aware of IRCC employment screenings anyway. Follow the sister thread and learn more on settlement plans.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.