Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,246 members, 7,822,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1052785 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 2:08am On Jul 14, 2019
Hi there, please edit and delete part of the quoted post. It makes the thread unnecessarily long. Thanks!
QueenJoeffrey:

Oga well done oo.! May Canny Favour you!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by daRealest(m): 3:30am On Jul 14, 2019
Hello All,

I am unable to login to my profile on https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

It keeps bouncing me saying incorrect username/password, or it routes me to a different page. The last time I accessed the portal was last weekend and it went through.

Has anyone experienced this before, how can I go about this?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 5:15am On Jul 14, 2019
Clear cache and also try a different browser.
daRealest:
Hello All,

I am unable to login to my profile on https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by damzy88: 5:29am On Jul 14, 2019
youngRx:

my #1 nairaland brother, congratulations man. Finally you go start sleep well for night. gringrin

All the best in your endeavors man.
Thanks bro. grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by damzy88: 5:31am On Jul 14, 2019
Brownie1003:
Congratulations @damzy88. May canny land favour u. u sound familiar tho. I finished frm psy 2013. All d best
Amen. Very possible. Awon ti Prof Ajila. wink

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by damzy88: 5:33am On Jul 14, 2019
youngRx:

my #1 nairaland brother, congratulations man. Finally you go start sleep well for night. gringrin

All the best in your endeavors man.
Thanks smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by damzy88: 5:35am On Jul 14, 2019
QueenJoeffrey:

Oga well done oo.! May Canny Favour you!
Amen smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by damzy88: 5:40am On Jul 14, 2019
Obinoscopy:
@damzy88, please how long did it take you to get your unilag transcript?
Transcript didn't take more than 1 month. It was the WES stuff that took longer (3 months).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Wazzaowner(m): 6:19am On Jul 14, 2019
Please can someone with 3rd class in first degree apply for EE?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Shinningstar201: 6:44am On Jul 14, 2019
Wazzaowner:

Your class of degree doesn't matter in this journey.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by kexepet: 6:49am On Jul 14, 2019
Marula:

Thanks. I used courier. I don't have the option of withdrawal. Am hoping for the best.

Please how did you guys do this ? Were you given the transcript by hand and had to courier it ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 6:58am On Jul 14, 2019
Class doesn't matter. A degree is a degree.
Wazzaowner:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ColexMT: 7:02am On Jul 14, 2019
Good morning. Thanks for the good job here. This thread and the previous ones have been my source of information for this journey.

A silent reader here... I had to register to ask this question.

I am one month post AOR. I applied as single and I intend to add my fiancée to my application at some point before PPR. I know what that entails so I have it covered. My concern however is the fact that my fiancée had at a time misrepresented a work experience (she was at that time doing a 2nd degree part-time study and learning a craft) in her US visa application which was refused for lack of ties to her home country.

I know I have to mention her past visa refusals; so, considering that I have to include her activities in the past 10 years in her personal history which would contrast with the data on her US visa application, how best can we overcome this misrepresentation. We don't intend to continue with the misrepresentation.

Would wiriting an LOE admitting the mispresentation be deemed enough? I can't think of any other way, really. I am worried that the misrepresentation may be considered a ground to reject our PR application.

So here is my situation. I appreciate your feedback.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by onemanarmy: 7:35am On Jul 14, 2019
Pls, I’m trying to pay for my credential evaluation with wes but it’s not giving me debit card option for payment. I can see credit card?? Pls what do I do??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 7:46am On Jul 14, 2019
Choose credit card and pay.

onemanarmy:
Pls, I’m trying to pay for my credential evaluation with wes but it’s not giving me debit card option for payment. I can see credit card?? Pls what do I do??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by COPR: 7:53am On Jul 14, 2019
obym321:

Please, how can someone who has a masters degree and ACCA increase points ?

You already have Master's, so ACCA wont add any point to your CRS. Those that need it are people with BSc.

TEF or PhD can increase your points.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Soglite(m): 8:20am On Jul 14, 2019
This is belated PPR announcement!!!

AOR: March 20th, single applicant.

VO: Accra.

MEP and BIL: May 2nd

Got a ghost update after I completed my Biometrics which is the norms 3rd of May.

Then the ghost update started falling on me like say it's no man's business.

1st Ghost: 23rd of May where my background check changed from "we are processing your background check... " to "Your application is in progress..."

2nd Ghost: 18th of June. Background check remain the same "your application is in progress..."

3rd Ghost: 20th of June. Background check initially changed from "Not Applicable" and later went back to "your application is in progress... "

4th ghost: 8th of July (Monday). Background check changed to "we are processing your background check..."

Then 10th of July I got a mail notifying me of a message in my account and when I login, the request letter was there looking at me.

NOTE: all these ghosts update comes in form of "application/profile updated", no email whatsoever.

I am sure you will be wondering how on earth did I not miss any of these ghost update. Well ��‍♂... I check my application morning, afternoon and night, call me crazy.

My application is nowhere near perfect but "what shall I say unto the Lord, all I have to say is thank you Lord" *in Jenifa's voice*.
I get worried easily and I am very paranoid. Just recently I was extremely worried about my POF because I used 3.5m and exchange rate has made the 3.5m a little short of the POF for single applicant. But, my brother in this struggle made me understand that POF is locked after AOR and I need not to worry Infact it took a lot of convincing, explanation and links to make me actually believe because I was already seeing a conspiracy theory on why I had so many ghost updates and no PPR �.

BTW, Calgary is the destination God willing September.

Please anyone that knows any post PPR group or group for people living in Calgary, whatsapp or telegram, I will be grateful.

Now check out the full gist.

I started the journey late 2017 when I went to my school (OOU) to request for my transcript.

ECA

ECA was smooth with WES as I evaluated both my OND and Bsc to make me qualify for two or more certificate. Actually, I initially evaluated my Bsc because I wasn't aware that evaluating my OND with it can improve my score. After the bsc evaluation, I stayed in the pool with CRS 435 but CRS didn't come down to 435 so I had to go ahead and evaluate my OND. In the end I updated my profile in the pool and my score went up to about 468. Got ITA JANUARY 30TH

IELTS.

This one wasn't smooth at all I won't lie to u. In actual fact I wrote IELTS 6times before I eventually got the desired score. I honestly can't remember what I scored in each of them but what I know is that it is either listening or writing that usually mess me up. Last one I did, I had LRWS 8.5, 7.5, 7.0, 8.5.

I can as well remember during one of the exams I nearly burn down my apartment with my two dogs inside. I put my small stew on the gas and left the house, I didn't remember until about 3hrs later and I was about to enter the exam hall. Immediately I pleaded with the supervisors to allow me get my things back and make a call. In a nutshell I called a friend around and they had to jump my fence because I am the only one staying in the compound and they break down my door to have access to the kitchen. In short I just thank God. By and large, I failed that particular exam and I have already given up on this express entry before my elder sister offered to pay the full fee for my ielts registration if I am still interested. I quickly grab the opportunity and maybe that served as a motivation for Me to even pass that exam more than anything. I eventually passed. Did I hear somebody shout Hallelujah..

PCC

This one was the easiest. I got an inspector's contact in alagbon, called him and and I went there that same day. In less than 1hr I was able to get the PCC and gave him #3500.

POF

100% gift deed from my dad. Baba gave me 3.8m... I just throw 3.5m into Tbills straight away and the remaining 300k I used it to pay for my application fee and the rest. I got the tbills certificate from my bank. Did a gift deed. Statement of account highlighting the 3.8m deposit from my dad and 3.5m debit for Tbills. I also got a letter of non indebtedness and confirmation of signature from my bank. My account officer was trying to convince me not to collect letter of non indebtedness that it is really not necessary. Baba is trying to do I too know for me. I just looked at him and asked him, "please can your bank issue this letter?" he said "yes" I said "OK, please I need it". Let me not forget to mention that I also attached the transfer receipt from my dad. I combined all these documents added a letter of explanation and OANDA currency conversion page showing the equivalency of 3.5m naira to CAD.

The fluctuation in the exchange rate almost gave Me a heart attack. The day I found out that my 3.5m now is a little bit short of my POF now, I became worried. I asked around and I was told that won't affect me because POF is locked in after AOR.

By the way my tbills matured around May 23rd so I decided not to reinvest, so I raised a CSE to explain about the maturity of my tbills and the deposit of the full face value into my account. I also printed a statement of account highlighting the deposit of the face value of my tbills and the OANDA currency converter page showing equivalency of the amount to CAD. So in their response to the CSE, I was informed my file is in Accra.

WORK REFERENCE

I sat my AGM down and explained things to her and she had no issue with issuing me the letter but she still had to explain to the MD as well. They love me so much in that company. I got my reference letter in CIC format and I still went ahead to add 7 months statement of account highlighting my salary every month. I as well added a memo on salary increment and also a certificate of performance given to me by my employer.

EDUCATION.

I combined both my bsc and ond certificates with IELTS and ECA report. No issue.

Submitted my application and paid the full fee on the 20th of March 2019. Then the wait was something else. But it ended in praise and I am confident nobody will miss out. To everyone still waiting, u have my best wishes.
Shout-out to everyone that answer question here even tho I am a very silent reader I still learn a lot from answers to questions that people seldom ask.

I got PPR at exactly

161 days post ITA
112 days post AOR
69 days post MEP/BIL
48 days after 1st Ghost update.
22 days after 2nd ghost update
20 days after 3rd ghost update
2 days after 4th ghost update.

Happy Sunday to everyone.

109 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 14, 2019
Topsmamen:
Where are my people? @majamisile, @TemiGee, @DonTee07, @Richness1104, @Scandinavian02, @Jennypharb1.

Bros....we dey here oo. Dey background dey observe all the good work you guys are doing.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 14, 2019
ladymarshall:
@Jennypharb1 is busy typing her PPR story. Her PPR is out really really soon, I can smell it

@majamisile is busy arranging his docs post-ITA. He will reappear after AOR grin

I think @TemiGee and @DonTee07 have gotten PPR, like the others, they've moved on

I think my assistant @Richness1104 is on leave without pay grin

Umm @Scandnavian02, let's ask @Justwise, what did you do to him? grin

Lady Marshall...I greet you. It will not only be unfair but great injustice to get PPR and not update this honourable family.

Yet to submit self but should by Wednesday hopefully. Trying to dot the i's and cross the t's.

Even after I get PPR etc...I am still here for you guyz.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by iaatmguy(m): 9:14am On Jul 14, 2019
obym321:

Please, how can someone who has a masters degree and ACCA increase points ?
Phd or write TEF. get sibling points
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Debsify: 9:56am On Jul 14, 2019
Soglite:

Congrats
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by DanMisla: 9:56am On Jul 14, 2019
Soglite:

4th ghost: 8th of July (Monday). Background check changed to "we are processing your background check..."

Then 10th of July I got a mail notifying me of a message in my account and when I login, the request letter was there looking at me.

NOTE: all these ghosts update comes in form of "application/profile updated", no email whatsoever.

Congrats!!! And very best wishes to you in Calgary.

You appear to have gotten your PPR notification in your CIC account. I thought the passport request usually came by email?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ifakiland(m): 10:12am On Jul 14, 2019
Right now on crs 453, what's the probability of meeting ITA before September??
Also how much is the total registration for CIMA AND BCS AND ATS n naira equivalent??
I ALSO WANNA KNOW THEIR DURATIONS.
How can a physiotherapist get either an pnp or job offer to boost crs point??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by aremso(m): 10:46am On Jul 14, 2019
Dear good people,

Please me and my wife are planing to give Canada a second tot after loosing my job. I have just Bsc alone also my wife has bsc alone though I have almost 10yrs work experience but my wife has just a yr work experience. Please I need you kind guide on how to go about it before I finished the little savings I have. Please how much proof of fund would be enough for a family of 3. Thanks all for your response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 14, 2019
Ifakiland:
Right now on crs 453, what's the probability of meeting ITA before September??
Also how much is the total registration for CIMA AND BCS AND ATS n naira equivalent??
I ALSO WANNA KNOW THEIR DURATIONS.
How can a physiotherapist get either an pnp or job offer to boost crs point??
do you have a relative in canada or masters already Forget ats it takes 1 and half years. Bcs next one is september . U have to register this months. Results out december . Cima check the website
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 14, 2019
aremso:

Dear good people,

Please me and my wife are planing to give Canada a second tot after loosing my job. I have just Bsc alone also my wife has bsc alone though I have almost 10yrs work experience but my wife has just a yr work experience. Please I need you kind guide on how to go about it before I finished the little savings I have. Please how much proof of fund would be enough for a family of 3. Thanks all for your response
visit page 1. Bsc alone wont give you desired scores you need an extra certification. Pof $19,390. Page 1 and google should be your friend

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by aremso(m): 10:59am On Jul 14, 2019
Joromi12:
visit page 1. Bsc alone wont give you desired scores you need an extra certification. Pof $19,390. Page 1 and google should be your friend

Bsc is where our problems lies as for pof we have already in TB
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by amaya21: 11:04am On Jul 14, 2019
Simulate scores with both you and your wife as the PA. The CRS tool is on page one (page one should be your best friend)

Both of you should take IELTS. One or both of you should get another certificate (CIMA, BCS, PGD etc). It depends on your simulation.

aremso:

Bsc is where our problems lies as for pof we have 15m already in TB
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 11:05am On Jul 14, 2019
aremso:

Bsc is where our problems lies as for pof we have already in TB
u dont have to tell us. Before scammers will come for u. Edit the amount. Bcs is there . Registration closes july
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by aremso(m): 11:15am On Jul 14, 2019
Joromi12:
u dont have to tell us. Before scammers will come for u. Edit the amount. Bcs is there . Registration closes july

Many thanks my brother pls what is Bcs and how do I go about it considering the short period. I have edited the amount
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Soglite(m): 11:17am On Jul 14, 2019
Yes I got it as a "request letter in my CIC account.
Some people say its peculiar to AVO
DanMisla:

Congrats!!! And very vest wishes to you in Calgary.

You appear to have gotten your PPR notification in your CIC account. I thought the passport request usually came by email?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 14, 2019
aremso:

Dear good people,

Simulate your score with the crs calculator. What is your field? You could consider taking CIMA, BCS(registration ends this month) Pgd at NOUN(not too advisable personally) or Unilag HRDC. However, you and your wife must take IELTS to boost your score

Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.