Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1050979 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Hobyno: 11:27am On Jul 23, 2019
jaybros:

please if you can avoid IQAS...please do.....it takes longest according to the thread.
If law degree..use WES as it will be seen as Professional degree

Any prove or success story in WES evaluating law degree as a professional degree?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by hayoakins(m): 11:34am On Jul 23, 2019
yemblaze:
MY PR JOURNEY PART 2- IELTS (a.k.a The humbler of men & women)

Hello my beautiful e-fam,

All Praise and Glory be to God who makes all things possible in his own due time. Its IELTS breakthrough... Am so happy I've crossed this hurdle. The journey has been a tough one. I 've decided to share my timeline to encourage someone out there.

TIMELINE:

7th: (July 6th, 2019)
LRSW- 8,7,7,7.5

All MOD IDP (LAGOS Mainland)

No REMARK

LESSONS LEARNT:

No shekere this time, we are inviting the dancing Senator to celebrate with you. Congrats YemYem

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Debsify: 11:39am On Jul 23, 2019
omamofe:
Hello guys,

So I woke up to see the golden RFV email on my phone after battling this journey for this long. grin grin grin

Congrats

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by amaya21: 11:43am On Jul 23, 2019
Read about each province. Some of them pick from the pool (you can't apply). Others allow you to submit an expression of interest or application. There is a PNP thread which you can link to from page 1 of this thread.

Dollarpee49:
good day house,please what are the requirements to get nominated by provinces? if their is any link kindly drop.......

Also, anyone with the Cambridge materials should kindly share dollarpee49@gmail.com

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by amaya21: 11:45am On Jul 23, 2019
Same documents as everyone else: PCC, work experience, POF, education, and others.

The only thing you'll add is your nomination certificate.

jayceeabdulwasiu:
Good day ,
It's with pleasure that I received nomination from Nova Scotia yesterday.

Please, what should be necessary preparations before next EE draw?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Elektra008(f): 11:45am On Jul 23, 2019
Cannydreams:
Don’t mind them.
The way they are coming out to say that they passed once yen yen!
Indirectly saying that other people who have written several times didn't practice hard and well.
They are forgetting the grace of God in this process.

So the people that didn't pass at once lack the grace of God? Smh for you. It has been said here times without number that ielts especially writing has a technique to follow. Don't just assume it is the regular English. For you, the people saying they passed once are saying yen yen, there will be others that are encouraged by those testimonies and will actually seek the necessary help needed.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ecanes: 11:47am On Jul 23, 2019
Waiting patiently with my eyes closed at 467.......Sibling points is sweet sha wink grin

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 23, 2019
[quote author=Ecanes post=80549017]Waiting patiently with my eyes closed at 467.......Sibling points is sweet sha wink grin[/quote

Congrats in advance gringrin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Elektra008(f): 11:52am On Jul 23, 2019
fruitybranch007:
Hi everyone,
Please I have a question. My husband's name on his passport, marriage certificate and educational documents is different from the name on his birth certificate. He has been asked to provide a legal name change document. He doesn't have this, as he only replaced his middle name while growing up, but never did a legal name change. Please what do you advice that we do?
Thank you.
Sworn affidavit from the court for one and same person. If not enough, do you a newspaper publication.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Josefuadjr: 12:01pm On Jul 23, 2019
Una welldone o.

Thanks to everyone that helped with the passport situation.

I don't know why I get rubbed off the wrong way whenever this IELTS issue comes up... Before anything, may i please add that our pastors didn't try for us at all. At alllllll. It's so sad how we relegate meritocracy to the background and dwell solely on divinity. These pastors just wanted their pockets to be heavy, if only they knew how much damage they caused and still cause.

How does a full blown adult believe he/she didn't pass an exam but GRACE helped him pass. How? Please tell me how? And someone is saying those that wrote once had the grace, so are you saying you had no grace? Nigerians, please I am begging, let's stop this thing. Anyhow you want to look at this, we are more than this thing we're doing. From the point of Christianity, we were made from God's image and likeness, we are demi gods, trailblazers, change makers, let's use our brains more often. If you come from an evolution point of view, we are homo sapiens for Pete's sakes. Homo freaking sapiens, the chosen ones after natural selection, the higher animals, with good brains. If you joke around an exam, you will fail. It's a given. If you understand the tricks in an exam, you will pass. It's that simple.

For those worrying about Indians and Scandinavians, do you know that learning a language entirely as a second language, especially at adulthood increases your chance of passing it in an exam. I'll explain... remember your primary school French classes, how did you answer the comprehension bit? Copy and paste. You didnt try to understand it or anything. Simply recognition and matching most of the time, your chances of success are higher that way. Do you know your Nigerianism affects your understanding and use of the English language eg, our use of continuous tense in our local language affects us in English such as : 'm na-ana kita' which means I'm going now... what if I told you that's wrong in English? 'I'll take my leave now' is a better way to put it (I nearly wrote 'of putting it' now) but you get my drift...

We're going to a first world country, let's drop all the rubbish and decay we learnt here, please. Guys, please... I'm begging.

24 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Silversurfer1: 12:05pm On Jul 23, 2019
Hobyno:

Any prove or success story in WES evaluating law degree as a professional degree?

They assess it as a 4 years Bachelor's degree but CIC states that law degrees are professional degrees. It's best if you use IQAS sha but you will have to be patient
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by beabeasquare: 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2019
Congratulations! All the best in Canada!!

omamofe:
Hello guys,

VO: Ottawa
CRS 461
AOR 29th Nov 2018
Medical Passed Jan 8th 2019
Biometrics submitted 9th Jan 2019
The only update recently seen on my profile is that my Biometrics has been completed.
GCMS notes received 4th July
RFV 23 July 2019

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Richness1104: 12:17pm On Jul 23, 2019
I’ll go with treasury bills because the interest rate is high and secure. It’s a federal government investment unlike fixed deposit.

I don’t really know much about mutual funds but I heard their interest rate is usually higher than the other two types of investment

bamingo:
Good evening Canadians;

please advice a brother on which of the following investment options for my POF (sitting pretty in my account):

1. Treasury Bills - Primary market not available except secondary

2. Mutual Funds - don't know how to go about this.

3. Fixed Deposit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Richness1104: 12:25pm On Jul 23, 2019
If the money in your Gtb account came in as a gift, then you would need a gift deed submitted but if not, your statement of account would be needed since you will be transferring to Stanbic mutual fund.

You need to show proof of where the money came
bamingo:
Hello All,

Please treat urgent:

so i intended using Treasure bills via GTBank as my funds were in my Gt account. but for some reasons, today i decided to opt for the stanbic mutual funds options.

however, i'd like to know what the processes are and the required documents i should obtain from the stanbic mutual funds people. furthermore, i have a feeling i'd transfer the funds to my stanbic account (since i have one, or no need?).... also, do i need to submit any doc from gtbank (statement, reference letter etc).

many thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Richness1104: 12:30pm On Jul 23, 2019
You may need to check your local post office for your mails. Nigeria postal office may not deliver this to your house ooo.

It happened to me and I had to go pick it up at the post office
blazetitov:
Please House, I just got the mail below from ICES;

Thank you for your email. We are pleased to advise you that your report was completed and mailed to you on June 28. Both copies were sent to your address in Lagos by regular postal service; no courier fee was paid for this. As per the requirements given to us by the IRCC, they do not want nor request a hard copy sent to them. That is not the process they have set up. They view the assessment online only. Therefore both copies have been sent to you. The courier fee you paid for that was refunded.

Please how long does it take to get regular mail delivered to Nigeria? Who has similar experience? I have sent a mail back requesting for a tracking number if available. It is almost a month since it was sent. cry cry

As per the fee that was refunded, no credit yet to my account. Don't know if that is bank related.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Cannydreams: 12:32pm On Jul 23, 2019
I will just ignore you undecided
Tina26:
people read hard in school exams and still fail canada travel is an individual race. There are people who had 6.5 many times and after remake never changed too. So the fault lies with the candidate not ielts. Stop making excuses for not meeting the cut off

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Cannydreams: 12:33pm On Jul 23, 2019
I can't wrap my head around your write up.
What is your point exactly again
Elektra008:

So the people that didn't pass at once lack the grace of God? Smh for you. It has been said here times without number that ielts especially writing has a technique to follow. Don't just assume it is the regular English. For you, the people saying they passed once are saying yen yen, there will be others that are encouraged by those testimonies and will actually seek the necessary help needed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chicyclass(f): 12:39pm On Jul 23, 2019
Congratulations. May Canada favour you and your family.

omamofe:
Hello guys,

So I woke up to see the golden RFV email on my phone after battling this journey for this long. grin grin grin

This came after I posted that I raised a CSE expressing the travesty that was done in the evaluation of my POF by the case officer who stated an amount well below what I had declared. I prepared my counter-argument and requested that a review be done again as I believe that this could be a reason for the delay I have experienced which is totally unfair.

However, so the story goes and on this note, my watch has ended.

I would like to thank everyone that has contributed by sharing info or providing updates of their journey as well.

VO: Ottawa
CRS 461
AOR 29th Nov 2018
Medical Passed Jan 8th 2019
Biometrics submitted 9th Jan 2019
The only update recently seen on my profile is that my Biometrics has been completed.
GCMS notes received 4th July
RFV 23 July 2019

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by princekins(m): 12:41pm On Jul 23, 2019
please I need clarification guys, while trying to fill my profile, I was asked how many years of skilled work experience I have. which will I choose two to three years or 4 to 5 years. My 4 years will be by September Please is urgent. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chicyclass(f): 12:45pm On Jul 23, 2019
How many years are you claiming points for?

*Modified: I think you should write the number of years, you will be claiming points for. If you want to claim for 4 years then wait till September when you clock 4 years.
princekins:
please I need clarification guys, while trying to fill my profile, I was asked how many years of skilled work experience I have. which will I choose two to three years or 4 to 5 years. My 4 years will be by September Please is urgent. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 23, 2019
Josefuadjr:
Una welldone o.

Thanks to everyone that helped with the passport situation.

I don't

How does a full blown adult believe he/she didn't pass an exam but GRACE helped him pass. How? Please tell me how? And someone is saying those that wrote once had the grace, so are

We're going to a first world country, let's drop all the rubbish and decay we learnt here, please. Guys, please... I'm begging.
lol. Typical Nigerian everything is prayer and grace. As if those atheist chinese or indians worshiping cows and other things are using grace to smash ielts . Sigh. What if God is using that 6.5 to tell you u will make it in Nigeria. Even Jay e2 ( english professor o) had 6.5 , 7.5 , 7.5 and 8 in writing. I guess he was nigerian when he had 6.5

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by HENRIETTAPOWER(f): 1:03pm On Jul 23, 2019
Kennylad90:

I think you are good to go

Thank you for responding
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by HENRIETTAPOWER(f): 1:04pm On Jul 23, 2019
jummolami:

Yes. It will be evaluated by WES.
very fast, no verification because it's foreign.

Then you can claim 2 or more certificate

Thank you I appreciate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by venorite(m): 1:20pm On Jul 23, 2019
Hello my people, please I have an urgent question to ask. Can I do my medicals at iom with a photocopy of my international passport? Will they accep it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by TITILOLA88: 1:23pm On Jul 23, 2019
Good morning
Ottawa has finally released us!
Details coming soon

Two questions: can any other person (my husband) aside from the primary applicant submit our passports?

Our application was processed at Ottawa, can we raise CSE that our passports be submitted to a nearer visa office, say Ghana?

May God grant the desires of our hearts speedily in Jesus'name.

Shalom!

52 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chicyclass(f): 1:23pm On Jul 23, 2019
We showed our original International passport at the beginning, and few times during the process.
I guess you can try but I doubt if they will accept photocopy.
venorite:
Hello my people, please I have an urgent question to ask. Can I do my medicals at iom with a photocopy of my international passport? Will they accep it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chicyclass(f): 1:24pm On Jul 23, 2019
Congratulations.
May Canada favour you and your family.

TITILOLA88:
Good morning
Ottawa has finally released us!
Details coming soon

Two questions: can any other person (my husband) aside from the primary applicant submit our passports?

Our application was processed at Ottawa, can we raise CSE that our passports be submitted to a nearer visa office, say Ghana?

May God grant the desires of our hearts speedily in Jesus'name.

Shalom!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by iaatmguy(m): 1:43pm On Jul 23, 2019
Tina26:
people read hard in school exams and still fail canada travel is an individual race. There are people who had 6.5 many times and after remake never changed too. So the fault lies with the candidate not ielts. Stop making excuses for not meeting the cut off
you are quite a cocky person
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by iaatmguy(m): 1:50pm On Jul 23, 2019
Cannydreams:
I will just ignore you undecided
please also do so for this one called josefuadjr saying other peoples opinion is "rubbish" chike obi of english. yeye dey smell

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Keluma: 2:16pm On Jul 23, 2019
Good afternoon people, I edited my EE profile this morning, I changed my NOC although still in the O class, and I received a message shortly now that I'm no longer eligible for the express entry , I didn't change any other thing apart from the NOC and job title, pls where did I go wrong and what is the way forward?

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.