Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,839 members, 7,828,060 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1057299 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Abti: 8:25am On May 21, 2019
Please can anyone in the house assist me with an evaluation of my Task 2 essay? I hope this is not much trouble? Thank you.

QUESTION
Nowadays we are producing more and more rubbish.
why do you think this is happening?
what can governments do to help reduce the amount of rubbish produced?
give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
ANSWER
This days, there has been increasing production of waste products and this calls for concern. Our environment is continuously being polluted by materials that are of little use to us, and are constantly flooding the ocean, interfering with the natural habitat of other organisms who are of benefit to us. There are a lot of reasons why this has been on the rise.

Firstly, there has been an increase in the production of industrial wastes over the past few decades. Although we tend to be more civilized, our actions in terms of the production of materials we use have been damaging to our health and well-being. For Instance, plastic non-degradable materials are often being used for food and drink packaging and these products are left as refuse dumps over a long period of time, thereby polluting our waterways.

Secondly, there has been an increase in wasteful habits among consumers and manufacturers alike. We are constantly producing more than we need and consumers purchase more than they require.

In order to reduce the amount of waste being produced, government should impose laws and policies that mandates manufacturers to produce environmentally friendly materials and bio-degradable products for the consumption of all. One clear example is the production of paper bags and paper cups for the packaging of food and drinks. Such materials have been found to decompose easily within the shortest time.

In conclusion, there should be public awareness on the effects of extreme waste production, on the health of individuals and how such practice impact on other living organisms. In addition, the practice of waste reduction should be a joint effort by both government, manufacturers and the consumers alike, in order to successfully create a healthy environment for all.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Itzchord: 8:38am On May 21, 2019
This days? There has been an increasing, organisms "who" are? No examples at all? Essay structure must be looked into. Please contact the ielts writing gurus here ASAP. @topsmamen is a guru in whom we are all well pleased.
Abti:
Please can anyone in the house assist me with an evaluation of my Task 2 essay? I hope this is not much trouble? Thank you.

QUESTION
give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
ANSWER
This days, there has been increasing production of waste products and this calls for concern. Our environment is continuously being polluted by materials that are of little use to us, and are constantly flooding the ocean, interfering with the natural habitat of other organisms who are of benefit to us. There are a lot of reasons why this has been on the rise.

Firstly, there has been an increase in the production of industrial wastes over the past few decades. Although we tend to be more civilized, our actions in terms of the production of materials we use have been damaging to our health and well-being. For Instance, plastic non-degradable materials are often being used for food and drink packaging and these products are left as refuse dumps over a long period of time, thereby polluting our waterways.

Secondly, there has been an increase in wasteful habits among consumers and manufacturers alike. We are constantly producing more than we need and consumers purchase more than they require.

In order to reduce the amount of waste being produced, government should impose laws and policies that mandates manufacturers to produce environmentally friendly materials and bio-degradable products for the consumption of all. One clear example is the production of paper bags and paper cups for the packaging of food and drinks. Such materials have been found to decompose easily within the shortest time.

In conclusion, there should be public awareness on the effects of extreme waste production, on the health of individuals and how such practice impact on other living organisms. In addition, the practice of waste reduction should be a joint effort by both government, manufacturers and the consumers alike, in order to successfully create a healthy environment for all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Itzchord: 8:42am On May 21, 2019
I would have stated the two problems and the two solutions in my intro, take it like that in paraphrase to my conclusion and then slot the two problems in BP1 and the two solutions in BP2
Abti:

QUESTION
ANSWER

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Denerystormborn: 8:47am On May 21, 2019
Thank you magd
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Avidreader748: 8:48am On May 21, 2019
Mariesio:

How do I get in touch as I am not in Lagos?

Who helped you in submitting the application? what courier did they use?
They(courier) usually write their numbers on your receipt so you can call them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Mariesio: 8:57am On May 21, 2019
Avidreader748:

I did it myself, UPS
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Zara01(f): 9:10am On May 21, 2019
Thank you!

Jennypharb1:

No, your passport will suffice. The only reason I think you'd need it is to prove sibling relationship that is if you're claiming sibling points for your ITA

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Zara01(f): 9:10am On May 21, 2019
Thanks a lot.

Jennypharb1:

No, your passport will suffice. The only reason I think you'd need it is to prove sibling relationship that is if you're claiming sibling points for your ITA

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jennypharb1: 9:20am On May 21, 2019
Canadahome:

Yeah but learning language has been difficult for me.

When I went to there office to make enquiries, they said I will have to study for close to 7month or more before I could be able to write the exam. I just weak.

Okay, but if all else fails you may still have to consider it, so don't write it off completely. See TEF page on Nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration

They probably have study groups you can join.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Mariesio: 9:25am On May 21, 2019
Avidreader748:

Thanks for the headup, just called the no on the receipt now. Was told that the delay was bc mine is old (1996) and paper based, also staff of WAEC out of the office. She promised to speak with the only staff in office today. You can imagine just having 1 person to attend to the huge request daily
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by oyinthread: 9:31am On May 21, 2019
Hi.. Am new here. For my Wes registration am I supposed to pick employment or immigration.. Note: Am not the principal. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by pejuhazel(f): 9:34am On May 21, 2019
Hello, please can someone send me the link to Accra VO WhatsApp group.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by iaatmguy(m): 9:56am On May 21, 2019
oyinthread:
Hi.. Am new here. For my Wes registration am I supposed to pick employment or immigration.. Note: Am not the principal. Thanks
immigration
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ronie24(f): 10:03am On May 21, 2019
Thank u seen
Zara01:
Hi, shared.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Zara01(f): 10:14am On May 21, 2019
Immigration.

oyinthread:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Favouredcanadia: 10:22am On May 21, 2019
Please download and watch all Jay's videos on YouTube, it'll help you a lot.

Abti:

QUESTION
ANSWER

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Richness1104: 10:38am On May 21, 2019
You can go for medicals, it doesn’t change or affect anything. I had gone for medicals a month before ITA so you are safe
Fidesa:

Hello House,

My score is 468 and i am expecting to receive ITA by the next draw.

My question is, although i am yet to receive ITA, Is it advisable to still go ahead with my medicals now since i have been able to secure an appointment this week at IOM?.

That is, will it be a problem if medicals is ready but i'm yet to receive ITA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Richness1104: 10:40am On May 21, 2019
Are you sure your card has been activated for online/international transactions? Did you do any update on your account that may affect the usuage of your card such as a name change? These are some of the questions you should answer
goodlife2018:
Dear Respected Seniors in the House

I am trying to pay for my PPR application fee with my GTbank Master card and keep declining the transaction. Even when I tried same with the Naira Card still having similar problem. Please I need help...... Anybody. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by sexgoddess: 10:46am On May 21, 2019
Hello house, any update on WES evaluation of Unilag HRDC diploma?? Please can someone post the WhatsApp link for the group too.
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by DanMisla: 10:46am On May 21, 2019
Hello folks,
I wonder if anyone has written about their experience with additional medical tests.
I've provided samples to rule out TB; been scrolling through the last threads but haven't seen anyone carrying a similar cross.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 10:47am On May 21, 2019
Advice needed!
I have a express entry profile(CRS@420) but hoping to improve the score.
Right now I want to make a CANADIAN Visiting visa application for the family.
I am not sure how having an EE profile would impact the visa office's decision in issuing the VISA? Please someone to help!
Note: we spent last summer holidays in Canada
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Detreasure: 11:00am On May 21, 2019
received with many thanks

Zara01:
Shared.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ceechedah: 11:09am On May 21, 2019
Good morning Nairaland Fam,

Please for the accountants in the house, has anyone tried to evaluate his or her CIMA certificate (gotten through the CIMA-ICAN Pathway) with WES and what was the outcome?

I am on the verge of deciding whether or not i pay for the CIMA exams and use it to get more points as another certificate.

Please if you have gone through this route, please let me know the outcome, please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 21, 2019
DanMisla:
Hello folks,
I wonder if anyone has written about their experience with additional medical tests.
I've provided samples to rule out TB; been scrolling through the last threads but haven't seen anyone carrying a similar cross.

https://www.nairaland.com/5031893/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/499#78379551

I think he had to do additional tests

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by TFCfootball: 12:05pm On May 21, 2019
Good morning fam. Please instead of getting MEP/BIL, I was asked to fill Background information/declaration form and I don't know why. Please who else got this? How do I fill this form? What should I do differently this time around?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Rence22(f): 12:33pm On May 21, 2019
From the lesson I got from Ieltsadvantage, in your writing task, you were given a direct question to answer. First, your introduction should introduce a summary of what you are going to write in your essay. From my example something like this" There has been an increasing production of waste materials and this calls for concern. Manufacturers are trying to cut cost by producing non-degradable materials and hence, the government needs make policies to cub these manufacturers against such productions." In this type of question, Ielts advantage says you should provide a paraphrase of the question and use the first and second questions to answer in the introduction.
The first question WHY DO YOU THINK THIS IS HAPPENING- From the example I wrote- Manufacturers are trying to cut across production cost-( Just giving an introduction to what my second paragraph would be about) and the second- WHAT CAN THE GOVERNMENT DO TO HELP REDUCE THE AMOUNT OF RUBBISH PRODUCED.-My second answer- formulate policies for manufacturers.
Then paragraph two would discuss the WHY and paragraph 3 would discuss government policies and paragraph 4 would conclude.
Got from IELTSADVNTAGE. . He said there is no mark awarded for anything more than 4 paragraphs.
You NEVER discussed anything related to the first question WHY
Abti:

QUESTION
ANSWER

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by babebeky(f): 1:05pm On May 21, 2019
Zara01:
Hi, can you post your e.mail here?

Please am also interested bee_sawlah@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Torontoparrot(m): 1:08pm On May 21, 2019
Jennypharb1:

Are you going to make use of the birth certificate for the EE process? If not, there's no use adding unnecessary documents.
hello, sorry for quoting you here , i read somewhere you evaluated with icas , how long did it take for you to get your report .thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by babebeky(f): 1:34pm On May 21, 2019
Zara01:
Shared.

Received with thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by johnnybravo1990: 1:39pm On May 21, 2019
Abti:

QUESTION
ANSWER
This days, there has been increasing production of waste products and this calls for concern.

Your essay structure is poor. This is a ‘causes and solutions’ essay. All the causes should be in one body paragraph, and all the solutions should be in another body paragraph.

Let’s now talk about the introduction.
Your introduction should do 2 things. Firstly, it should paraphrase the issue in your own words to tell the examiner you understand the topic. Secondly, your introduction should tell us what your body will contain(that is why it is called introduction—it introduces the body). So, in this case, I will expect you to end your introduction by saying something like, ‘the factors that contribute to...as well as the ways to tackle the menace will be discussed’. You do not need to list out the individual points(the specific causes and solutions) in your introduction.

Let’s now talk about the body.
When you get to a body paragraph that will contain more than one point, like in this case which should contain—let’s say—2 or 3 causes of a problem, please start the paragraph with a sentence to let us know the paragraph will have more than one point. In that case, your first sentence of the body paragraph can be, ‘There are some causes of ...’ After this sentence, you can now mention your first cause, explain further, and support with a relevant example, before going to your next cause. Do not start your body paragraph by mentioning your first cause or point immediately for a body paragraph that will contain more than one point. This applies to advantages/disadvantages essay.

Let’s go to the conclusion.
Your conclusion should be pretty similar to your introduction, except that you don’t end the conclusion by telling us what will be contained in the body(like you did for your introduction).

I do not subscribe to mentioning the points (individual causes and solutions) in your conclusion, but you could if you have the time.

23 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (693)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.