Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (515) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1048776 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Lastdot: 11:27am On Aug 24, 2019
Congratulations[b][/b]

Blooit004:
This is the Lord's doing, and it's beautiful in my eyes.

It's PPR for me.
IELTS October 27th 2018 L8 R8.5 S7.5 W6.5 asked for a remark and I received my miracle W7.0
ECA WES December 12th 2018, took two months, professional degree from Unilag
ITA December 18th 2018 CRS 450
Police certificate, Inspector Moshood
POF 50% savings and 50% gift deed from Mom
Medicals at IOM
One year work experience, though I had 3 but needed to avoid reference letter headache

AOR January 24th
Med Passed/BIL March 5th, submitted 6th
I raised CSE five times, called twice, mailed Ralph once, mailed Ottawa once
Ghost update August 23rd
PPR August 24th, dated 23rd.
VO Ottawa
Single applicant

I received a lot of help and info from this forum before ITA and I'm deeply grateful for it all. May God bless all those helping others and responding to questions.

To God be the glory.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by LecturerIFE: 11:31am On Aug 24, 2019
Transformium:

Thanks Boss. Have you heard back from them yet?

Yeah bro. Got the letter on Tuesday. Hoping to submit today... I am sending a mail shortly. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Lastdot: 11:40am On Aug 24, 2019
@amoskitto

We seem to be in the same shoes. Haven't gotten a confirmation on this NYSC part on personal activities for me we didn't claim points with PPA.

Secondly since you are not the primary applicant, I had to delete my employment history. It won't request for supporting documents. Will only attach an LOE explaining that since we are not claiming points for it. Employment history was not included

For 3 you may have to repeat the history and for medicals, yes upload the e-medical info doc

amoskitto:
Morning fam. Please I have a few questions on the application. I'm trying to ensure I don't make any mistake.

1. Personal History (Personal Activities): Do I have to include National Youth Service in our personal history? (note that I have already included PPA during the NYSC period as part my employment history). So am I still required to mention NYSC separately as part of personal activities, bearing in mind that it will overlap with employment history?

2. Employment History for Spouse: Since my wife is the primary applicant and I am not getting any points for my work history, I'm surprised that I'm still required to upload documents for Employment History. So I just plan to include my most recent promotion letter without any additional documentation (e.g. employer's reference). I hope this is in order.

3. Travel History: A follow up to the question I asked before; so under the Spouse form, I had given my detailed travel history. Do I have to repeat documentation of my travel history while filling out the form for the main applicant (i.e. my spouse)?

4. Proof of upfront medicals: I assume I will upload the scanned e-medical Information Sheet I received from Q-Life after the upfront medical test. Is this correct?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Transformium: 11:44am On Aug 24, 2019
LecturerIFE:

Yeah bro. Got the letter on Tuesday. Hoping to submit today... I am sending a mail shortly. Thanks

Awesome.. All the best and speedy processing
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by topeolu1: 11:54am On Aug 24, 2019
Hi @titilola, do your booking or reservation online and get your Pnr. Then take it to the nearest Lufthansa office or the airport for payment. I don't know where you are, Lagos or Abuja. But if Abuja, I can link you with their staff who will guide you further on what to do.

TITILOLA88:
Thank you, sterling bank says they can't increase it.
Thanks again!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by TemiGee: 12:14pm On Aug 24, 2019
Congratulations @Blooit004 May the journey ahead be favourable to you. Cheers. cool cool

Blooit004:

AOR January 24th
Ghost update August 23rd
VO Ottawa
Single applicant

To God be the glory.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Blooit004: 12:16pm On Aug 24, 2019
Lastdot:
Congratulations[b][/b]

Thank you! thanks everyone

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Blooit004: 12:17pm On Aug 24, 2019
TemiGee:
Congratulations @Blooit004 May the journey ahead be favourable to you. Cheers. cool cool

Amen. thanks so much

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by jamesbellu: 12:18pm On Aug 24, 2019
Congratulations!!!! Am next !!!
Blooit004:

It's PPR for me.
IELTS October 27th 2018 L8 R8.5 S7.5 W6.5 asked for a remark and I received my miracle W7.0
Medicals at IOM
One year work experience, though I had 3 but needed to avoid reference letter headache

AOR January 24th
Ghost update August 23rd
VO Ottawa
Single applicant

I received a lot of help and info from this forum before ITA and I'm deeply grateful for it all. May God bless all those helping others and responding to questions.

To God be the glory.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Graceee: 12:22pm On Aug 24, 2019
Can a petroleum Engineer with BEng since 2007 with a 2:2 qualify for this EE/FSWP??
with 2 work experience as an employee ( 2008 t0o 2010) and 7 years of Self employed with registered oil and gas company CEO since 2013??
does the perso qualify for this EE or FSwp?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by amaya21: 12:39pm On Aug 24, 2019
Grades don't matter - first class and third class have no bearing on this journey. If the degree is from a recognized school, it can be evaluated.

Work experience only counts if it was within the last ten years, paid and within NOC A, B or 0. You will need to Google for Canada NOCs and try to match your job description with one of them. Don't go by the job title. Also, the number of points for 3 years is the same number of points for 10 or 20 years of experience.

Graceee:
Can a petroleum Engineer with BEng since 2007 with a 2:2 qualify for this EE/FSWP??
with 2 work experience as an employee ( 2008 t0o 2010) and 7 years of Self employed with registered oil and gas company CEO since 2013??
does the perso qualify for this EE or FSwp?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by femora007(m): 12:51pm On Aug 24, 2019
Does WES recognize online courses from Coursera?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Graceee: 12:52pm On Aug 24, 2019
amaya21:
Grades don't matter - first class and third class have no bearing on this journey. If the degree is from a recognized school, it can be evaluated.

Work experience only counts if it was within the last ten years, paid and within NOC A, B or 0. You will need to Google for Canada NOCs and try to match your job description with one of them. Don't go by the job title. Also, the number of points for 3 years is the same number of points for 10 or 20 years of experience.

hello Sir please why should I not go by the job title (Petroleum Engineer)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Saskbound: 12:59pm On Aug 24, 2019
Congratulations ����
Tap into your PPR! AVO do something ����
Blooit004:

It's PPR for me.
Medicals at IOM

AOR January 24th
Ghost update August 23rd
VO Ottawa
Single applicant

To God be the glory.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by amaya21: 1:11pm On Aug 24, 2019
It's general advice. Sometimes the same job / job description can be used with several different job titles. This is within and outside Nigeria. So you should try to match 70% / 80% of the job description rather than just go by the title of the job role.

Graceee:

hello Sir please why should I not go by the job title (Petroleum Engineer)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Graceee: 1:15pm On Aug 24, 2019
amaya21:
It's general advice. Sometimes the same job / job description can be used with several different job titles. This is within and outside Nigeria. So you should try to match 70% / 80% of the job description rather than just go by the title of the job role.

whatever you seek will never be far from you.
you are blessed. thank you , that's was some word...

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by TITILOLA88: 1:35pm On Aug 24, 2019
Good afternoon, thank you! Please what's PNR. The options for payment are credit cards or PayPal.
Thanks again!

topeolu1:
Hi @titilola, do your booking or reservation online and get your Pnr. Then take it to the nearest Lufthansa office or the airport for payment. I don't know where you are, Lagos or Abuja. But if Abuja, I can link you with their staff who will guide you further on what to do.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Eddygourdo(m): 1:38pm On Aug 24, 2019
Question for people with experience.

Those who are in Canada. What are the life prospects for someone with these profiles.

1. Primary applicant has the following degrees, PhD, M. Eng, B. Eng, cumulative of 10years post graduation experience with 4 as a practising engineer and the recent 6 as a lecturer (senior lecturer). Primary applicant is married, one child, wife is a graduate (b. SC), with brief work experience. Husband is 33, wife is 27.

2. Primary applicant is a banker (microfinance), MBA, Bsc. Single , male and never married, thus will have to leave alone. This person is 30.

3. Primary applicant is a female, 37, single and never married, has 12 years experience as an accountant (principal accountant), she is ACCA chartered, has the following degrees, MBA, B.sc.

Anyone with experience of the Canadian life and experience in terms of job prospects and ability to settle down, possibility for success in the immigration to Canada endeavour etc.

I will like honest submissions from people on the three profiles. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Lukina4real: 2:00pm On Aug 24, 2019
jaybros:

With OND and HND.. No need for cima. You already qualify for two or more certificates
Not true biko.
It's evaluated as 4 years degree, you need CIMA OR BCS
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by TemiGee: 2:03pm On Aug 24, 2019
I can confirm that OND and HND are evaluated as 2 different programs with WES. You don't need any CIMA or BCS to get extra points.
@jaybros is correct

Lukina4real:

Not true biko.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Shinningstar201: 2:14pm On Aug 24, 2019
Lukina4real:

Not true biko.

Stop this please! It's more honourable to put a disclaimer if you are not sure of what you are posting/saying.

The original poster already has ND and HND which is a confirmed '2 or more certificates'. The only certificate he can add to increase his score is Masters, PhD or writing TEF

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Lukina4real: 2:22pm On Aug 24, 2019
Shinningstar201:

Stop this please! It's more honourable to put a disclaimer if you are not sure of what you are posting/saying.

The original poster already has ND and HND which is a confirmed '2 or more certificates'. The only certificate he can add to increase his score is Masters, PhD or writing TEF
Who am I to even argue again sef. OP should put it then, I wish him/her the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 24, 2019
Eddygourdo:
Question for people with experience.

Those who are in Canada. What are the life prospects for

I will like honest submissions from people on the three profiles. Thank you
no one here can see the future. Use youtube to get review of recent immigrants

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Eddy4400: 2:44pm On Aug 24, 2019
Omg!!! Was just about asking you for update.

Congrats!!!! I'm smiling from ear to ear, yours was super fast....I tap into this!!!

Transformium:

God has indeed been awesome!
It’s PPR Version 2.0
Click here to view PPR Version 1.0 Script

TIMELINE SUMMARY

COPR : 17 June 2019

Informed CIC about Marriage : 1st July 2019

Response Mail + ADR (Return COPR for Cancellation) : 4th July 2019

Response Mail + ADR (Spousal Application Kit) : 12th July 2019

Spouse Medicals (Qlife) : 30th July 2019

Spouse PCC (Alagbon) : 30th July 2019

Submitted (Spousal Application Kit, Returned COPR, Paid Processing Fees, RPRF & Biometrics) : 1st August 2019

BIL : 5 August 2019

Spouse Medicals – Additional X-Ray Scans (Qlife) : 6 August 2019

Ghost Update : 6 August 2019

Biometrics Completed : 6 August 2019

MEP : 9 August 2019

PPR Version 2.0 : 21 August 2019

Spousal Application Submission to PPR Version 2.0 : 20 Days

VO : AVO

Family Size : 2

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by padix: 2:45pm On Aug 24, 2019
Hello, pls can you confirm if you have received your copr.
Lynda27:
Its PPR Guysssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

The feeling is out of this world. i literally didnt sleep all night. I was just staring at the email all night.

My story is verrrrrry long. let me give a summarized version because the joy has made me to forget all the hassles.

WES - OCTOBER 2018

IELTS - 5th ATTEMPT (MOD) - NOV 2018 (1st Attempt- October 2017) - Hubby kept gingering me because i was tired of this IELTS. Finally - LRWS (8,7.5,8,8.5) (I was getting ready for the 6th IELTS oh because i was not confident i would pass the 5th). Thank you hubby for believing in me, pushing me and making me believe in myself because honestly, paying that money over and over again no be here and i was about to give up on my canadian dream of almighty IELTS.

Marriage - December 2018 (I didnt change my surname, maintained my maiden name for my EE application)

ITA - 1st January or so (Profile Ineligible)

2nd ITA- 10th January 2019

Medicals - 29th January 2019

AOR - 3rd February 2019

P.O.F - 50% gift deed from my mum, 50% from accompanying spouse (with all the documents to explain), then 25% of pensions, salary account statement, fixed deposit certificate, letter from pensions.

WEB FORM - Raised CSEs 4 times via webform. as the spirit leads oh, just keep raising if you feel you need to explain anything or include or update any document (i raised CSEs for the following reasons - renewed international passport, to be informed of my processing centre, updated p.o.f, change of job notification (with new offer letter, j.d, i,d card, payslip, business card), updated reference from previous employment - 7 days ago (Because i was afraid thinking that my noc and Job Description was not matching). Guys, its better to to be safe than sorry ohhhhh. the last CSE is even yet to be acknowledged. i dont even want the acknowledgement again. I am sure they got tired of my CSEs. Hubby was even telling that the CSEs haff do.

L.O.E - Explaining plenty things e.g why my surname is not the same with my husband's and previous visa refusals from 4 countries for spouse and myself (1), change of correspondence address, basically everything that needed clarity.

CALLS TO CIC- 3 TIMES I think, the last was 3 days ago. and as usual - Eligibility and Security not started,criminality and medicals passed.

No Ghost update, no ADR- At some point, i was seriously praying for just one ghost update at least i will know my application is being processed. (When God has something bigger than Ghost Update grin)

PPR (Via E-mail)- 25th July 2019.

VO - Ottawa

Honestly, i checked my email and CIC account every single day till i got PPR. the wait no be here. i prayed every day for a positive feedback, i was agitated, scared, hopeful and positive all at the same time. just as i was about to sleep i saw the GOLDEN MAIL.

My application was not perfect but God's grace found me and Hubby. This is indeed a dream come true. The journey that started in 2017 has finally come true.

I wish everyone a speedy process along the way. God will perfect everything IJN. Trust in him and make sure you ask any question (Relevant or irrelevant) with regards to your application. do not assume and do not think you know when you may not be sure. Research via nairaland and other forums, keep reading and getting all the required info. Thank you to my nairaland family and FEB whatsapp AOR. (You guys are the real mvps). Please do not give up at any stage because victory is just by the corner.

May Canada favour us all ijn. Amen. It will surely end in Praise

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Transformium: 2:55pm On Aug 24, 2019
Eddy4400:

Omg!!! Was just about asking you for update.

Congrats!!!! I'm smiling from ear to ear, yours was super fast....I tap into this!!!

Thank you so much! cheesy cheesy... I also pray for a speedy one for you and your spouse.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Eddy4400: 3:01pm On Aug 24, 2019
Amen! Your PPR has given me hope...

Transformium:

Thank you so much! cheesy cheesy... I also pray for a speedy one for you and your spouse.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by MumofTwins2017: 3:20pm On Aug 24, 2019
Let me answer to the best of my knowledge. My case is ‘almost’ on all four with yours. Using 1 year NYSC and 2 years as a Self employed business owner. The only difference is my Company was registered from inception. Because i am still in the process of gathering, perfecting and submitting my documents after getting ITA, i can only make speculations.
I think it’s best to use the years after the company was registered because you would have to submit CAC documents and tax clearance certificates for the company even if it had been in existence before proper incorporation. Am not sure an LOE would be sufficient. Proving Self employment as a work experience isn’t easy as a paid employment so it’s best to perfect all your documentations.

bukky18:
Thanks for your response. I have researched before asking for advice. Its just that my case is different from other self employed persons here. Tnx once again

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by irocalot042: 3:28pm On Aug 24, 2019
Hello House, Pls are there any HSE professionals here who have landed and have been able to get the CRSP designation or have gotten a job with Nigerian work experience/certificate? I really need some help on how to go about being certified in Canada. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by amoskitto: 4:47pm On Aug 24, 2019
Thanks for the response sir

Lastdot:
@amoskitto

We seem to be in the same shoes. Haven't gotten a confirmation on this NYSC part on personal activities for me we didn't claim points with PPA.

Secondly since you are not the primary applicant, I had to delete my employment history. It won't request for supporting documents. Will only attach an LOE explaining that since we are not claiming points for it. Employment history was not included

For 3 you may have to repeat the history and for medicals, yes upload the e-medical info doc

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by amoskitto: 4:58pm On Aug 24, 2019
Hello fam
Quick question please:

The primary applicant (my wife) has been refused UK visa once on the grounds of insufficient funds, however she can no longer find the visa refusal letter. We have stated in the Personal History form that she has been refused visa; is it a problem if we do not have the refusal letter to upload? Would an LOE suffice?

(1) (2) (3) ... (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.