Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1049416 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by olalekan9320(m): 8:58pm On Aug 24, 2019
code7x:

Please can I use a 6 month Diploma program in computer technology from a recognized college?
I just went to read your previous message, since WES said yes, who am I to say no
You can enlighten us about the program, maybe after evaluation which I think should be positive
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by VECOH1(m): 8:59pm On Aug 24, 2019
Good evening Fam.
Please is it important to order GCMS note?
I am 4 months post AOR or should I wait close to the 6 months timeline because I read that the GCMS note only gives the report of one's application one month before the date I ordered the GCMS note.
I would appreciate your candid advise.
Thanks for your expected reply.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by code7x: 9:05pm On Aug 24, 2019
olalekan9320:
yes, if it's recognized by any evaluating body, can u please mention the program

Diploma in Data Processing, Lagos City Computer College. I saw the school in WES list of institutions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by code7x: 9:06pm On Aug 24, 2019
olalekan9320:
I just went to read your previous message, since WES said yes, who am I to say no
You can enlighten us about the program, maybe after evaluation which I think should be positive

Ok thanks bro. I'm quite hopeful too
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Keluma: 9:16pm On Aug 24, 2019
amaya21:
Grades don't matter - first class and third class have no bearing on this journey. If the degree is from a recognized school, it can be evaluated.

Work experience only counts if it was within the last ten years, paid and within NOC A, B or 0. You will need to Google for Canada NOCs and try to match your job description with one of them. Don't go by the job title. Also, the number of points for 3 years is the same number of points for 10 or 20 years of experience.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Silversurfer1: 10:10pm On Aug 24, 2019
Stencil:
Yes you can.

I'd advice you not to submit if you know for sure that you won't have everything ready before the deadline. That opportunity (ITA) would have gone to someone else.

All the best!

Thanks smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by TemiGee: 10:13pm On Aug 24, 2019
Nawa oooo, guys. What's up with the sudden concern about Mutual funds. So many people have gotten PPR with this in the past. Is this a recent development or are they just one or two isolated cases?

bimbok2:
Hello @ladymarshall, please my cousin just received her gcms notes stating review required - proof of funds. Her pof is ARM mutual funds too. Please what should she do now, since she's yet to receive ADR or any instruction? Thank you.

Cc. @topsmamen; @ednut1; @topeolu1, please assist.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by iaatmguy(m): 10:27pm On Aug 24, 2019
Purplestorm:
Hello everybody, hope my question isn't a repeated question which I know can be annoying and come off as being lazy, however I'll like to know if there are successful candidates after the age of 40. If I can be directed to a link that would be appreciated. Thank you.
where there is a will there is a way, there are folks who got ITA at age 40.ace your IELTS learn french, be on the Look out for PNP(provincial nomination program)

but i must let you know, the journey is not for the faint-hearted.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by majamisile: 10:37pm On Aug 24, 2019
Jennypharb1:

I'm so thankful to God for the opportunity, extremely thankful to my sister for all the support. I don't know how far I would have gone without her. She practically started me on this process and lent me the money to start my first ECA and pay for IELTS. Thankful to this family right here, for all the JJC questions I had(like when I wanted to jump into the pool without ECA), all the clarification. Everything I learnt about submitting my application, I learnt from here. The process was like deja vu, I didn't even have to ask many questions during submission because of those who took out time to give detailed info here. Specially thankful to Newmum0615, Ifeoma77, Tojued, Cheekygirl, Topsmamen, smslive2, luffyhaki, joo2018, Ethelia, daks02, gbemlad, ontariossisauga aka elfmannisback aka whatevernameyougobynow, everyone who made this thread what it is today, providing information and encouraging each other on this journey. Hope to see you guys on the other side.
God bless everyone and grant our hearts desires speedily and if not, give us the patience to wait on Him.
Cc. ladymarshall
I just couldn't wait to be all caught up to specially congratulate you ma'am. I could feel the energy zap you felt in the latter part of your diary sorry post grin. Thank goodness it ended [code][/code]well. God bless your sister and everyone else who were of immense help too. The new country will definitely favour you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by iaatmguy(m): 11:17pm On Aug 24, 2019
Lukina4real:

Not true biko.
It's evaluated as 4 years degree, you need CIMA OR BCS
PLEASE CORRECT THIS. TOTALLY WRONG

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by iaatmguy(m): 11:28pm On Aug 24, 2019
amoskitto:
Hello fam
Quick question please:

The primary applicant (my wife) has been refused UK visa once on the grounds of insufficient funds, however she can no longer find the visa refusal letter. We have stated in the Personal History form that she has been refused visa; is it a problem if we do not have the refusal letter to upload? Would an LOE suffice?
No problem if she can't find it. so far it's stated
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by iaatmguy(m): 11:53pm On Aug 24, 2019
VECOH1:
Good evening Fam.
I am 4 months post AOR or should I wait close to the 6 months timeline because I read that the GCMS note only gives the report of one's application one month before the date I ordered the GCMS note.
yes you can apply now

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bukky18: 12:12am On Aug 25, 2019
Tnx a lot

[1quote author=MumofTwins2017 post=81566020]Let me answer to the best of my knowledge. My case is ‘almost’ on all four with yours. Using 1 year NYSC and 2 years as a Self employed business owner. The only difference is my Company was registered from inception. Because i am still in the process of gathering, perfecting and submitting my documents after getting ITA, i can only make speculations.
I think it’s best to use the years after the company was registered because you would have to submit CAC documents and tax clearance certificates for the company even if it had been in existence before proper incorporation. Am not sure an LOE would be sufficient. Proving Self employment as a work experience isn’t easy as a paid employment so it’s best to perfect all your documentations.

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by GBSS: 12:44am On Aug 25, 2019
Hello people of this house. Just to add my voice to the use of Sterling bank for making payment for this process. We used them today to pay for every every and the rate was 266 to 1 CAD. The lowest I have seen in recent times. I would advice anyone making payment soon to use them..

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by topeolu1: 3:08am On Aug 25, 2019
That's the alpha or alphanumeric characters you get when you do a reservation. Book as though you want to reserve the ticket and not online payment or choose hold your fare option, if available. Then copy out the code and proceed to their office

TITILOLA88:
Good afternoon, thank you! Please what's PNR. The options for payment are credit cards or PayPal.
Thanks again!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by topeolu1: 3:12am On Aug 25, 2019
It may be worth paying attention to or may be nothing, depending on what was raised for review - you have not mentioned the exact comments of the officer. The senior officer may pass it if it's nothing serious. Did she include a detailed statement of account for the MF showing account number, her name, transaction history etc. or is it only the letter from ARM she used? Sometimes the first reviewers just raised it to watch their own backs too. However, if her mind is not at ease, she can liquidate and present funds in liquid form in her account.

We should note that with the recent happenings and attention focused on Nigeria and Nigerians, our apps will be strictly appraised. Hence, I'm not surprised with this sudden extra scrutiny by most VO's. After all, others have had their ppr with these same docs.

bimbok2:
Hello @ladymarshall, please my cousin just received her gcms notes stating review required - proof of funds. Her pof is ARM mutual funds too. Please what should she do now, since she's yet to receive ADR or any instruction? Thank you.

Cc. @topsmamen; @ednut1; @topeolu1, please assist.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Rocorleone: 4:39am On Aug 25, 2019
Hello,

I had created a profile for the FSW with a point at 396 or so. Then I decided to update my education, then the system said "I am no longer eligible to be in the pool.

I tried creating another profile again but it says samething, however, the CRS says my point was at 444 and I am eligible for EE.

Can someone help out please.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Rence22(f): 6:44am On Aug 25, 2019
Good morning. How true do you think these recent Nigerian scammers may affect canadian immigration because I am still at the very early stage. In fact the non academic universities strike has held my wes verification letter on hold then I my spouse OOU application is just starting because of OOU wahala. God help me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Rence22(f): 6:52am On Aug 25, 2019
Rocorleone:
Hello,

I had created a profile for the FSW with a point at 396 or so. Then I decided to update my education, then the system said "I am no longer eligible to be in the pool.

I tried creating another profile again but it says samething, however, the CRS says my point was at 444 and I am eligible for EE.

Can someone help out
It must have been an information you imputed regarding you education or available funds. Are you required to evaluate your credentials and submit an IELTS test score, or the minimum amount of funds isn't enough. The system is programmed to detect any information that is not within the requirements range hence you are automatically going to be assessed ineligible. So go back and check the basic requirements for each category. You'll find you reason there.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 6:59am On Aug 25, 2019
TemiGee:
Nawa oooo, guys. What's up with the sudden concern about Mutual funds. So many people have gotten PPR with this in the past. Is this a recent development or are they just one or two isolated cases?

even FD and tbills get adr on proof of funds

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 7:02am On Aug 25, 2019
Rence22:
Good morning. How true do you think these recent Nigerian scammers may affect canadian immigration because I am still at the very early stage. In fact the non academic universities strike has held my wes verification letter on hold then I my spouse OOU application is just starting because of OOU wahala. God help me.
i wish i can round up people who peddle such things and flog them. Indians are main scammers in canada . Abeg who tops the list of students and express entry ita in canada No be same indians. India recieved 41k ITA in 2018. Next was china and nigeria with 6k each. Am embarrassed on your behalf that you consider believing them . Google cra phone scam

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Kendrix69(m): 7:48am On Aug 25, 2019
ednut1:
i wish i can round up people who peddle such things and flog them. Indians are main scammers in canada . Abeg who tops the list of students and express entry ita in canada No be same indians. India recieved 41k ITA in 2018. Next was china and nigeria with 6k each. Am embarrassed on your behalf that you consider believing them . Google cra phone scam
You think the news about the 80 scammers and the FBI documents aren't true?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Kendrix69(m): 7:50am On Aug 25, 2019
Rence22:
Nobody can say , there have been scammers who are Nigerian before this present news , and we were still applying so don't dwell on that

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 8:21am On Aug 25, 2019
Kendrix69:

You think the news about the 80 scammers and the FBI documents aren't true?
was talking about it affecting canada migration.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Villagegirl: 8:22am On Aug 25, 2019
VECOH1:
Good evening Fam.

I personally don't think it's necessary if you put up a strong application. Almost 7 months AOR to PPR and didn't order a single note. My reason was that I didn't want any third party to have access to my files and personal information. Please throughly read the terms and conditions of these websites before accepting, that is, if you intend to use a third party website.

The final decision is yours. If you suspect something is off with your application, beyond the usual waiting paranoia, then you might benefit from the timely insight the notes provide.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by princekins(m): 8:29am On Aug 25, 2019
Sorry for the refusal Bro, PPR may tarry, but it will indubitably end in praise.

Do you reside outside of Nigeria? If you do, I think that may be the reason for the 'temporary refusal'. Most persons have used Stanbic MFs and had PPR successfully. I would suggest what other gurus have advised u do, which is to liquidate ur MFs and send a fresh update on such.

Then for those outside the shores of Nigeria planning to use MF, add a clause to the letter: Funds can be liquidated at will by the owner online, wherever he is located and it will be credited to his account xxxxx. This gives clarity and removes any smack of duplicity or ambiguity.

Godspeed Brother!

P.S: MF is still a good POF storehouse anytime, anyday

gretop:
My primary office is: Montreal Immigration while my secondary office is: Centralized Intake Office. The letter was updated on my profile on the website. It wasn’t sent to my mail directly.

In parallel, I have started the liquidation process. Can’t do more than N2.5m online so I have to do it over 3 days. It takes a max of two days for online redemption.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Philips49: 9:16am On Aug 25, 2019
If we don’t have influx of PNPs
epottemi:

September the 4th, 455 grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Debsify: 9:16am On Aug 25, 2019
ednut1:
As in Indians are good in scamming..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ananne: 10:03am On Aug 25, 2019
Please can someone who owns a pure water factory apply for express entry? If yes, what NOC will it be? As the owner of the factory.. Can he apply as the CEO or MD. The NOC to choose is bothering my cousin and her hubby.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by edos7: 10:42am On Aug 25, 2019
Are you serious? When did they put this up on their website? I have been waiting for 16weeks now, no evaluation report and they want to increase the time. This is so unfair.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by TemiGee: 11:10am On Aug 25, 2019
I have worked in a Portable water production company before as a quality control manager, so I am quite familiar with the operations. Please don't call it Pure water factory for Canada people oh, if the company only produces sachet water, it should be sachet drinking water company, if it produces both sachet and bottled water, then it should be portable drinking water company. Also the job title they choose doesn't matter, your cousin has to check the various job description to see what matches. If your cousin is directly involved in overseeing the manufacturing of the plastic bottles, bagging of the sachet water and production of the bottled water, then I recommend NOC 0911(Factory production manager) if its a small water company, I don't think you need to claim CEO. If it's a bigger water company, and they are not involved in the day to day running of the business, they just hire managers, supervisors, production officers, and call the shots from home then they can claim NOC 0016 ( Chief executive officer). Now if the are involved in mainly the day to day administrative aspects of the business, basically, hiring and firing and paying of salaries then I recommend NOC 0114 (Managing Director).

In summary, your cousin should check the NOC's in line with his/her job description, it will be easier to make a decision. However, this is my personal opinion on this maybe others will have another opinion.

Cheers

ananne:
Please can someone who owns a pure water factory apply for express entry? If yes, what NOC will it be? As the owner of the factory.. Can he apply as the CEO or MD. The NOC to choose is bothering my cousin and her hubby.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by shege45: 11:40am On Aug 25, 2019
VECOH1:
Good evening Fam.
you can order

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.