Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (523) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1050571 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by haywhy80: 6:15pm On Aug 26, 2019
chybaz:

Will I still be able to track progress using the $7 route.

No
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 6:24pm On Aug 26, 2019
chybaz:

u dont need the hard copy. Soft copy is ok.Never got my hard copy

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Canny19: 6:32pm On Aug 26, 2019
bLacKGoLd3:

No, it isn't compulsory.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 6:35pm On Aug 26, 2019
Hmm.. You asked this same question about a month ago (see here) and I gave you the steps.
Are you having troubles calling?

Bogini:
Congratulations. Can you please guide me on how to call IRCC? I'm March 9 AOR and your story just inspired me. Thanks

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Mimi1999: 6:37pm On Aug 26, 2019
Stencil:
Hmm.. You asked this same question about a month ago (see here) and I gave you the steps.
Are you having troubles calling?

I tried calling and was told that I won't be connected and that I could only send emails. Did I call too much and got blocked or its a general thing?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 6:39pm On Aug 26, 2019
Hey guys,
I tracked my WAEC result and the screen short attached here is the result. I was expecting to see WES as the last destination.
I want be sure because I have lots of things to worry about.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by pearlobi: 6:41pm On Aug 26, 2019
Hi guys.
Pls I saw some post about my question in past sections, but I can't find it again. That's why I'm posting this now.

It's about my proof of funds. My husband provided half and we got half from my mum. We have a gift deed from mum, but my husband is insisting that we need to a letter of irrevocable gift from him to cover his contribution.

Pls can someone help with a format for a letter to show my husband's contribution
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 6:42pm On Aug 26, 2019
Calling CIC - Steps

1- CIC call centre
+1 613 944 4000

2- English press 1

3- immigration press 1

4- transfer to citizenship and immigration processing application press 1

5- status or processing times press 1

6- become permanent resident press 2

7- application starts with E press 2

8- then enter application number (without the letter E) followed by #

9- listen to the entered number and press 1 to confirm

10- enter the year of birth and then listen the entered number and press 1 to confirm

11- hear the details

12- then press 1 to check status (there will be a pause)

13- hear detailed status at the end press 0 to speak to agent

Use Skype or Google hangouts or any international number service

You might get a prompt that your call would be disconnected, just stay on the line.
If you somehow get disconnected, call back and start again.

It helps to ask specific questions otherwise you’d get generic answers.
“Eligibility, Security and Criminality” ask about these.
PPR awaits us all smiley

37 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 6:44pm On Aug 26, 2019
Just call back. It’s not out of the ordinary for calls to get disconnected.

Mimi1999:

I tried calling and was told that I won't be connected and that I could only send emails. Did I call too much and got blocked or its a general thing?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 6:45pm On Aug 26, 2019
Looks like TM got you sorted. Good luck with everything!

CHARMINGIJE:

Pls what NOC code would this job duties fall under

-Manage task of developers
- Making sure developers stick to business logic
- continuous Test of the product (project management)
- Email template design
-Basic Admin duties
- Managing Junior Operations staff
- Manage the Facility (office)

Could it be 0213?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Silversurfer1: 6:46pm On Aug 26, 2019
CanadianFan:

Thanks for the advice.

I have created an account on WES and have listed my uk masters, my fut minna BEng and WAEC.

If I certify only masters can I check my points before sending the other credentials later?

Oga, please just evaluate your masters and remove your bachelors degree. I know we as Nigerians like stress but you don't need stress in your life with this process. Just evaluate the Masters and save yourself headache.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chibabe25: 6:54pm On Aug 26, 2019
Hello All,

Please I'd like to get a clarification. In order to get the maximum points based on years of experience, must the 3 years be before ITA or it can still be counting pending when the whole process is done?

I did my NYSC in 2 companies; spent 4 months in one and 6 months in the other and I currently have about 1 year 8 months experience post NYSC. This totals 2 years 4 months as at now. Though all my credentials are yet to be fully evaluated by WES. If I give it till the end of the month, it will total 2 years 10 months (though for some reason, I don't want to include the 4 months experience).

When I tried to use 2 years in computing my points, I dropped a whooping 25 points and my points were low.

What can I do? Kindly advise.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 6:59pm On Aug 26, 2019
Unfortunately you’d have to wait if you want to claim 3 years of work experience.
The evaluation process takes a while and you might clock 3 years during the wait.
Your ECA has to be done before you get into the pool anyway.
If 3 years is only 2 months away, I think it is worth the wait to get those extra points.

chibabe25:
Hello All,

Please I'd like to get a clarification. In order to get the maximum points based on years of experience, must the 3 years be before ITA or it can still be counting pending when the whole process is done?

I did my NYSC in 2 companies; spent 4 months in one and 6 months in the other and I currently have about 1 year 8 months experience post NYSC. This totals 2 years 4 months as at now. Though all my credentials are yet to be fully evaluated by WES. If I give it till the end of the month, it will total 2 years 10 months (though for some reason, I don't want to include the 4 months experience).

When I tried to use 2 years in computing my points, I dropped a whooping 25 points and my points were low.

What can I do? Kindly advise.

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Triplezero50(f): 7:08pm On Aug 26, 2019
Maybe my post wasn't clear.
The couple has gone beyond calculating CRS scores. The point they have is high enough without the spouse's masters evaluation. It's just that they already started the process. So they want to know now if the evaluation will be useful when they get approved and they land in Canada. Will the spouse need the report to get a job in his field? This is the main question. Does everyone, regardless of whether they used it to add to CRS or not need to still evaluate their certs for job search after landing?

If he doesnt need it, since his evaluation can still be modified, he can switch it to course by course evaluation because we know he definitely needs that one for certification later.

haywhy80:

Please, use the CRS tool and make an informed decision. The url is stated below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by enoeshett(f): 7:13pm On Aug 26, 2019
SonsOfLiverpool:
Hey guys,
I tracked my WAEC result and the screen short attached here is the result. I was expecting to see WES as the last destination.
I want be sure because I have lots of things to worry about.
Your docs have arrived WES documentation centre. That's one of the mailroom recipient's names. Give them 3-5 days to update your profile. There's also a track my package tab on your WES profile so you can type your dHL number there and get double sure that it has arrived WES Canada.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Olukologia24592(m): 7:25pm On Aug 26, 2019
Please I need your candid advice. I have an experience automobile repairs. I also have a BA. Please which sure package should I go for in Canada? Please I need a nice breakdown
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by patakioy(m): 7:26pm On Aug 26, 2019
[quote author=Bogini post=81632797]Congratulations. Can you please guide me on how to call IRCC? I'm March 9 AOR and your story just inspired me. Thanks

Thanks.

6 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Alosezele: 7:28pm On Aug 26, 2019
Hello guru in the house
I need your guidance here!
am using Treasury bill as my proof of funds, and this investment has been made way before even opening the express entry profile, if I eventually gets ITA, will I still be asked for any other back up documents aside my treasury bill certificate? I mean evidence to prove the source of money I invested in the first place?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 7:28pm On Aug 26, 2019
This is subjective. It depends on the field of work.
Look for jobs in your field and see what the qualifications are.
In the requirements section you’d see a list of things you should have to submit an application.
Indeed.ca and LinkedIn are good places to start.

Triplezero50:
Maybe my post wasn't clear.
The couple has gone beyond calculating CRS scores. The point they have is high enough without the spouse's masters evaluation. It's just that they already started the process. So they want to know now if the evaluation will be useful when they get approved and they land in Canada. Will the spouse need the report to get a job in his field? This is the main question. Does everyone, regardless of whether they used it to add to CRS or not need to still evaluate their certs for job search after landing?

If he doesnt need it, since his evaluation can still be modified, he can switch it to course by course evaluation because we know he definitely needs that one for certification later.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by code7x: 7:38pm On Aug 26, 2019
chybaz:

The $7 has no tracking number. But it usually delivers within 2-3weeks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Prettiepearlz(f): 7:43pm On Aug 26, 2019
Rennyangel:
Hello house,I wrote ielts and had LRSW 6.5,6,7,6 Eca completed for masters degree and I have 4years work experience as a civil engineer, Age 28 and pof of $CAD20,000 as a single applicant yet I was unable to create a profile saying I'm ineligible. Please what could be the reason for this. Thanks
Your IELTS score are too low. You need to rewrite it to get at least L8 R7 W7 S7 to stand a chance. But if you want to get the maximum score for language, you must have L8.5 R 8.0, S7.5 W7.5. So also your level of education matters a lot. Hope this helps

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Lansky(m): 7:55pm On Aug 26, 2019
CanadianFan:

Thanks for the response. I am a novice here hence the questions.

But I will need it to practice engineering so I might need to do it?

Is it complicated to get the waec results sent to WES from outside Nigeria?

coolHi, like others have answered, you don't need to do evaluate your BEng for the EE process. Do only your highest: your MSc.
I understand you need it for P.Eng. but consider that Naija Uni's can delay your ECA plus you are not in Nigeria to "push" if it gets dire.
You can start the BEng ECA after you apply for PR like someone advised.

We are all advising you towards the option that will shorten your time to get an ITA.

However everyone's case is peculiar. You need to assess your situation and read page 1.

To answer your questions from IELTS prep thread.
"YES". Her MSc. would count for max points. (10pts)
"YES". Her scoring IELTS CLB 9 would give max points. (20pts)

I put yes in "" cuz I don't have your full info to know if points ll be "meaningful"

Read page 1, read cic site, calc with crs tool, understand the process...your wife might even get more points as PA.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 8:00pm On Aug 26, 2019
enoeshett:

Your docs have arrived WES documentation centre. That's one of the mailroom recipient's names. Give them 3-5 days to update your profile. There's also a track my package tab on your WES profile so you can type your dHL number there and get double sure that it has arrived WES Canada.
Thanks mate. I appreciate.
One less issue to worry about.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Triplezero50(f): 8:02pm On Aug 26, 2019
Stencil:
This is subjective. It depends on the field of work.
Look for jobs in your field and see what the qualifications are.
In the requirements section you’d see a list of things you should have to submit an application.
Indeed.ca and LinkedIn are good places to start.

I appreciate your response. God bless you!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Omega30(m): 8:12pm On Aug 26, 2019
enoeshett:

please, I paid $85 for courier from wes, I am yet to complete my evaluation, when will I be given by tracking no?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 8:14pm On Aug 26, 2019
Someone sent me a PM from this thread (I won’t mention your name), please I don’t know why you send a private message without informing whom you are sending to.
Sorry I will not reply lipsrsealed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by pandora1: 8:19pm On Aug 26, 2019
Please can someone advice me one the below:

I'm claiming one year work experience from a former employer and I plan to attach bank statement/payslip to show salary earned.

Kindly advice if I need to attach for the last six months I was employed there. Thanks a bunch
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by chibabe25: 8:20pm On Aug 26, 2019
[quote author=Stencil post=81635234]Unfortunately you’d have to wait if you want to claim 3 years of work experience.
The evaluation process takes a while and you might clock 3 years during the wait.
Your ECA has to be done before you get into the pool anyway.
If 3 years is only 2 months away, I think it is worth the wait to get those extra points.

Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by psalmizt(m): 8:20pm On Aug 26, 2019
Slimcanada001:
Where is your VO?

CIO Sydney
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ednut1(m): 8:25pm On Aug 26, 2019
pandora1:
Please can someone advice me one the below:

I'm claiming one year work experience from a former employer and I plan to attach bank statement/payslip to show salary earned.

Kindly advice if I need to attach for the last six months I was employed there. Thanks a bunch
do as you wish. You are only being proactive as its not a requirement. So its as you like.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by logophilia: 8:36pm On Aug 26, 2019
Hi Guys,

Please, what's the latest on the choice of ECA bodies in terms of speed and general service? It seems apart from those who require specific ECA bodies, most people are going with WES of recent. Please, those who have evaluated recently, am I safe to go with WES or is there a better alternative? (My degree does not require a unique evaluation body)
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 26, 2019
logophilia:
Hi Guys,

Please, what's the latest on the choice of ECA bodies in terms of speed and general service? It seems apart from those who require specific ECA bodies, most people are going with WES of recent. Please, those who have evaluated recently, am I safe to go with WES or is there a better alternative? (My degree does not require a unique evaluation body)
Thanks
most people go for indomie when they want noodles. Wes is like indomie. grin. You can try ces. No waec or verification requirement . Takes 12 weeks. Are you evaluating a masters

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (520) (521) (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.