Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,626 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins (8140 Views)

MTEF: FEC Approves N6tr Expenditure For 2016 / The Set Stage Of The FEC Banquet Ahead Of Cabinet Swearing In / FEC Approves Confab’s Main Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by rebranded(m): 9:05pm On Sep 23, 2010
@labiyemmy:

So whats all your argument about then? If wheelie bins are of such in consequential nature - why is it generating all the noise? 1 billion Naira!

what the noise is about is, these guys are only using this to steal money!
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by labiyemmy(m): 9:23pm On Sep 23, 2010
^^^^

Ok. Let it be.

I guess many people will do worse if given the opportunity.
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by donclemo(m): 9:57pm On Sep 23, 2010
if they could just get us good roads and electricity that would be very great i dont care how much they steal as long as its is good but in Naija dem go still steal yet dem no go do things its so pathetic
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by vorosmartm(m): 9:57pm On Sep 23, 2010
This is the reason I can not leave nigeria for any reason whatsoever. All I need is to be plugged in for three months and i'm made for life! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 23, 2010
Waste Bins are one of the easiest things to mould in an Injection Moulding machine.

They are straight hollow profiles, blind at one end, with a lip around where you design a hinge for the lid.

If we can not find a manufacturer that can mould such bins in Nigeria then we are in serious problem and it is a clear proof that the whole noise by the Jonathan Government about Industrialization is mere sloganeering.

Materials like Polyproplene that could be suitable for manufacture of those waste bins are actually one of the by-products of refined crude!!!!!!!!

Who will patronise our local manufacturers then when our Federal Government imports waste bins!!!!!!!!

We simply have no politicians in Nigeria, this project would have been a symbol of laziness of the Jonathan Government.
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by ladi02(m): 10:42pm On Sep 23, 2010
FEC could have comfortably awarded the contract to three Nigerian manufacturing companies to produce, but guess they would rather pump $6.5 into a foreign economy while theirs continue to struggle, bunch of wise folks we got in FEC
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by mbulela: 11:09pm On Sep 23, 2010
donclemo:

if they could just get us good roads and electricity that would be very great i dont care how much they steal as long as its is good but in Naija dem go still steal yet dem no go do things its so pathetic
a realistic view point that i think would not be a bad starting point.
This expectation of saints is completely unrealistic.
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by mbulela: 11:18pm On Sep 23, 2010
mikeansy:

Waste Bins are one of the easiest things to mould in an Injection Moulding machine.

They are straight hollow profiles, blind at one end, with a lip around where you design a hinge for the lid.

If we can not find a manufacturer that can mould such bins in Nigeria then we are in serious problem and it is a clear proof that the whole noise by the Jonathan Government about Industrialization is mere sloganeering.

Materials like Polyproplene that could be suitable for manufacture of those waste bins are actually one of the by-products of refined crude!!!!!!!!

Who will patronise our local manufacturers then when our Federal Government imports waste bins!!!!!!!!

We simply have no politicians in Nigeria, this project would have been a symbol of laziness of the Jonathan Government.
wait until they add it as one of the dividends of the angelic and God-ordained presidency of GEJ.
I am not too worried about GEJ winning this coming election.
What i am worried about is the expectation that the coming dispensation would be anything different from the past.
It would be more of the same.
When we think it can not get worse, these charlatans and barbarians go and better their records.
How does Dora Akunyili sleep at night after announcing these sort of crazy concepts and ideas to the public?
Do these folks have consciences left?
Do they fear God?
After spending millions of pounds buying bins, we will soon return overseas to borrow some more while our foreign reserves are evaporating fast like a methylated spirit.
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by labiyemmy(m): 12:39am On Sep 24, 2010
Even people who dont pay a dime of Tax come online to talk about "our" money - which money? How have you contributed to the resources you claim are being spent?
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by ladi02(m): 2:02am On Sep 24, 2010
@labiyemmy:

Even people who dont pay a dime of Tax come online to talk about "our" money - which money? How have you contributed to the resources you claim are being spent?

Most of The Nigerian Govt's revenue is from oil young man, tax does not make up majority of our revenue unlike other developed countries, so everyone has the right to say "our money" or does the revenue not belong to everybody
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by kosovo(m): 3:24am On Sep 24, 2010
Jonathan is a MadMan! angry
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by Goksyde: 4:00am On Sep 24, 2010
These guys are idiots angry
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by ahidjo: 4:43am On Sep 24, 2010
[b]One thing and one thing alone I have done: Sent messages and warned my family members as well as relations that under no circumstance must they vote for Goodluck Jonathan. He is too unintelligent to continue rulling Nigeria. Highly worried because with his PhD, he continues to fumble disastrously (though only the intelligent can see this fumbling). Because the people complained about electricity, he included that in his agenda, they complained about roads, he included in his agenda, they complained about corruption, he reluctantly started talking about it. May somebody remind Goodluck Jonathan that the cost of living in his country is the highest in the world; that the minimum wage in Nigeria can only buy about 10 days worth of meals. Somebody should also tell Mr Jonathan that in his country, the cost of using GSM is the highest in the world. Only in Nigeria do people spend more than the so called minimum wage on recharge cards-the biggest GSM fraud in the world. Mr Jonathan does not care about these despite his meaningless speeches during declaration and on facebook (it makes sense though to the small minded and ignorant among us) FEC has been turned into a jamboree, inflated contract awarding cult. I can not stop crying for Nigeria.[/b]
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by Nobody: 5:44am On Sep 24, 2010
@labiyemmy:

for your information, a lot of us here work in private enterprises and tax is deducted from source.

this sheet is indefensible
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by ayoola2002(m): 5:58am On Sep 24, 2010
@labiyi.
Let assume dt you are a married woman, and your husband eat and sleep outside, how will u fill?
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by princekevo(m): 6:28am On Sep 24, 2010
PDP!!!! P-O-W-E-R!!!! P------D-------P!!!! Mass loothing.
Vote for GEJA, Vote for the Messiah.
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by patani(m): 8:15am On Sep 24, 2010
There is no Big Deal in this Topic, That Means each one cost 15,450 Naira, What I expect people to talk about is how to improve the quality of locally made product,
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by seal777(m): 8:41am On Sep 24, 2010
Election is near and they dont want to be caught stealing directly from the coffers, the time is too short to allow local companies to produce them in time to get the gain to fund electoral campaign and giving it to a local company will make the actual price known and the intention of giving out the contract would have been defeated.

GOODLUCK has done two major things: 1. buy aircraft worth 150 milion dollars and now dust bin worth 1 billion.

NIGERIA @ 50 and we are importing dust bins.

THEY ARE DESTROYING THEIR LIFE AND THE LIVES OF THEIR CHILDREN CHILDREN.
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by denitro(m): 9:25am On Sep 24, 2010
927000000 / 60000 = N15450
N15450 for 1 waste bin
Wat!
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by Meldrick(m): 9:31am On Sep 24, 2010
patani:

There is no Big Deal in this Topic, That Means each one cost 15,450 Naira, What I expect people to talk about is how to improve the quality of locally made product,
YOU SPOKE MY MIND. I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO SAY. GOD BLESS YOU.
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by obi123: 11:00am On Sep 24, 2010
more reason to stay where i am jare!!! visionless dunderheads.
These are things that shld be said in whispers so as to not let the world see how useles our government really is, so they mean they have done their research and absolutely no company  in the whole of Nigeria can handle this ?
why dont they import brains instead
Honestly second by second  its looking like there is no light at the end of this tunnel
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by texazzpete(m): 11:27am On Sep 24, 2010
This statement coming from Akunyili shows how empty her rebranding campaign really is.

patani:

How do you improve the quality if you don't give them contracts? Oil companies are now being forced to use local products in many of their operations, only for the same federal Government to turn around and import something as low-tech as waste bins!
Rubbish.
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 24, 2010
texazzpete:

This statement coming from Akunyili shows how empty her rebranding campaign really is.

great country imported dustbins
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by LeStylo: 1:50pm On Sep 24, 2010
There are a thousand and one plastic industries in Nigeria with capacity to get this done to the desired quality.

Would someone tell "Dr." GEJ and "Prof" Akunyili that this money can set up another state of art industry that can manufacture these bins here in Nigeria and create employment for our youths, impact positively on the economy and improve industrial capacity?!
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by LeStylo: 2:04pm On Sep 24, 2010
ahidjo:

One thing and one thing alone I have done: Sent messages and warned my family members as well as relations that under no circumstance must they vote for Goodluck Jonathan. [b]He is too unintelligent to continue rulling Nigeria. Highly worried because with his PhD, he continues to fumble disastrously (though only the intelligent can see this fumbling). Because the people complained about electricity, he included that in his agenda, they complained about roads, he included in his agenda, they complained about corruption, he reluctantly started talking about it. May somebody remind Goodluck Jonathan that the cost of living in his country is the highest in the world; that the minimum wage in Nigeria can only buy about 10 days worth of meals. Somebody should also tell Mr Jonathan that in his country, the cost of using GSM is the highest in the world. Only in Nigeria do people spend more than the so called minimum wage on recharge cards-the biggest GSM fraud in the world. Mr Jonathan does not care about these despite his meaningless speeches during declaration and on facebook (it makes sense though to the small minded and ignorant among us) FEC has been turned into a jamboree, inflated contract awarding cult. I can not stop crying for Nigeria.[/b]

My very sentiments M. Ahidjo. Even the sickly UMYA (RIP) reflects more energy and commitment! As for corruption, we all know too well from the quality of representation at the declaration that its another merry-go-round!

Nigeria, O My Nigeria sad sad sad
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by rebranded(m): 2:56pm On Sep 24, 2010
Up Federal Executive Criminals (FEC) you dont dissappoint, any way to spend steal that money must be found!

Please drain the account and lets go and look for foreign loans, its all in the interest of creating a "clean and healthy environment" shameless pigs!
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by deols(f): 4:53pm On Sep 24, 2010
I have lost hope in GEJ.If this is happening under his rule,what then do we expect when he is reelected.
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by iluvnaija: 12:22am On Sep 25, 2010
KOBOFUN wan kill me with laff o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have all cause to celebrate 50YEARS of backwardness. Una dey 4get wan thing, una beliv say dem wan really spend dat money? Na money 4 election dis pipo dey loot so and una beliv say jonanthan go bring any change? My brodas and sistas make una no dey waste time dey beliv say change go come. I don loose hope even b4 OBJ rule. The only change we need and wey we go enjoy na bloody revolution or 4get it. MARK MY WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by labiyemmy(m): 11:25am On Sep 25, 2010
All manner of items are imported into the UK from all over the world - including tooth brushes. How can this be explained vis a vis what we are complaining about here?
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by MShittu: 11:26am On Sep 25, 2010
This is why, I think, we need Ribadu. Its because he wants to rid Nigerian politics of all those corrupt elements, and it is only after their removal that we can begin to rebuild our nation.
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by princekevo(m): 6:19pm On Sep 25, 2010
@labiyemmy:

All manner of items are imported into the UK from all over the world - including tooth brushes. How can this be explained vis a vis what we are complaining about here?

Man, how much are they paying you for all these stress or should i ask which of your relatives is among these official democratic criminals. Am sitting down here wondering how a government would approve more than Naira 15K for a waste bin , N80K for touch lights in a country where 60% of its citizens could not earn up to that amount in a month. It is easy for you to sit at you comfort zone there in London converting the amount in pounds which is not enough for jst 1weekend outing, but down there in Nigeria that amount means a lot to millions of people.

And guess what? the contract will be awarded to one relatives or a fren who will go to UK and ask for special production of the lowest quality with the cheapest materials jst to enrich him/herself. So tell me why we need to import this material from abroad in the first while at the end the quality would not meet up with those produced in Nigeria with all the millions awarded on it. So if you see nothing wrong with that, i believe you must have traded you conscience for something else
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by KnowAll(m): 6:34pm On Sep 25, 2010
[size=14pt]No wonder some FEC members are jumping ship how can any sane person want to be part of these humpty dumpty cabinet. How do you sell the idea of importing Bins to your teenage kids let alone learned Nigerians.

The buffonery of JEG and his clowns of talk-shop cabinet member are becoming legendary, they are actually giving Idi Amin and Mugabe a run for their money.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Registered Voters Hit 84.27m — INEC / Osun Assembly Election: PDP Decries Low Turn Out Of Voters / Another Proof Igbos Hate Yorubas (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.