Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,244 members, 7,825,939 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins (8146 Views)

MTEF: FEC Approves N6tr Expenditure For 2016 / The Set Stage Of The FEC Banquet Ahead Of Cabinet Swearing In / FEC Approves Confab’s Main Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by orbaxy(m): 3:27pm On Sep 23, 2010
KnowAll:

I would not be surprised Nigeria imports A4 papers despite all the trees we have in Naija.

YES! Nigeria do import A4 papers.

This is despicable and a contempt on the credibilty of our manufacturing sector. Akunyili is a joke. I wonder the expression on her face while she spew out this blunder.

Anyway, i feel that the passivity of the electorate is a leverage for these bloodsuckers to do just about anything. Forgive me to ask, can such mundane decision be challenged in a court?
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by kulutempa: 3:30pm On Sep 23, 2010

[color=#006600]“Studies have shown that locally-produced plastic waste bins are very low in quality and not compatible with the lifting devices of the waste compacting trucks.

What Madam Rebranding really means is this:

"Studies have shown that our current leaders suffer from colonial mentality and cannot think for themselves and their performance is not compatible with the expectations of 150 million Nigerians"
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 23, 2010
@labiyemmy:

Hypocrites -

How many locally made stuff can be found in your houses, including the shoes you wear?

Mr. @labiyellow, alias ANY GOVERNMENT IN POWER (AGIP). You would support this scandalous contract as usual.  cool
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by labiyemmy(m): 3:35pm On Sep 23, 2010
The people here shouting the most are the people who will never patronise made in Naija goods and people who doesn't see anything good in Naija or things made and done in Naija - suddenly, they are the ones who thinks it is right to treat local manufacturers better by buying their stuff - you make the first move- patronise these goods, and when you do, your lamentations here will be worth while.
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by Kobojunkie: 3:37pm On Sep 23, 2010
As usual, some already miss the POINT !
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 23, 2010
@labiyemmy:

The people here shouting the most are the people who will never patronise made in Naija goods and people who doesn't see anything good in Naija or things made and done in Naija - suddenly, they are the ones who thinks it is right to treat local manufacturers better by buying their stuff - you make the first move- patronise these goods, and when you do, your lamentations here will be worth while.

When Turai had the nation in a chokehold, you were her principal advocate on this forum. Now that Jonathan is busy salting away cash for his election drive, you're also comfortably ensconced in his corner. (the other corner grin )
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 23, 2010
Kobojunkie:

As usual, some already miss the POINT !

Nah! He didn't miss the point. He's just playing politics of the stomach. cool
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by labiyemmy(m): 3:42pm On Sep 23, 2010
^^^^^

Have you ever been told your mouth stinks?

In case you know- ask for funds to do a general mouth wash, so you wont just use it to say anything that first comes to it.
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 23, 2010
@labiyemmy:

^^^^^

Have you ever been told your mouth stinks?

In case you know- ask for funds to do a general mouth wash, so you wont just use it to say anything that first comes to it.

Hit a raw nerve, did I? grin Just go to a quiet corner and thoroughly examine your conscience. It hardly ever lies cool
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by labiyemmy(m): 3:52pm On Sep 23, 2010
Conscience my foot!

Only people of low minds like you will think that anyone who doesn't agree with stupid critics and meaningless criticisms, are people who pally with government and seeks contracts from the same government - anyway - i care less what you think, because you mean nothing to me.

The point in my first comment is clear- how many of the people commenting about government not patronising local goods do so themselves? That is the question, if you are angry with me personally and think I shouldn't ask that question, that is your business.
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by icare1: 3:56pm On Sep 23, 2010
jonathan and his minsters na you biko,
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by mrofficial(m): 4:08pm On Sep 23, 2010
The ones Lagos state government gave lagosians, were they imported? I wanna know.
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by agabaI23(m): 4:11pm On Sep 23, 2010
What happened to the local plastic manufacturing outfits we have. The likes of eleganza and co?

They can easily fabricate the so called wheely bins if that's what they are looking for. Evene if they are ripping us off with double the price, we can at least have the money circulating in nigeria.

However depending on the volume per bin, the prize may not be out of place.

According to this site http://www.wheeliebinwarehouse.com/
a 240 L bin goes for £59 excluding vat (no vat on export ). The cost based on the information above per bin stands £61.
However 100 L is far cheaper and I won't be surprise if the contractor goes for the 100 L.

I am also sure that the tag 'british waste bin' is meant to increase the money because the contractor will be importing from Asia.

Nigeria na wa ooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 23, 2010
@labiyemmy:

Conscience my foot!

Only people of low minds like you will think that anyone who doesn't agree with silly critics and meaningless criticisms, are people who pally with government and seeks contracts from the same government  - anyway - i care less what you think, because you mean nothing to me.

The point in my first comment is clear- how many of the people commenting about government not patronising local goods do so themselves? That is the question, if you are angry with me personally and think I shouldn't ask that question, that is your business.

I laugh is Swahili! You have the nerve to accuse me of low-mindedness, you this uncouth excuse for a human being!

Obviously you don't even have a conscience! Even a blind man can see that this contract has been padded  but a professional sycophant like you is quick to write off criticism as 'silly & meaningless', also quick to buttress his point with an argument that has absolutely no bearing on the issues at hand!

Anyway, enough of this back & forth with you cos you're obviously not worth my time. don't even know why I called you out in the first place you're such a hopeless case.
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by labiyemmy(m): 4:21pm On Sep 23, 2010
^^^^^

Good for you - stay out of a business that doesnt concern you- what i write or do is none of your busniess, MF

I dont know you, you dont know me, I careless who you are or what you think about me. Period. Now go wipe your butt hole with sandpaper.
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by Mobinga: 4:28pm On Sep 23, 2010
Nigeria imports A4 paper from South Africa. . . .
If this kind of contract can be awarded under Jonathans hair-filled nostrils then I think he is the wrong choice.
Ribadu is the best option
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by oluite(f): 4:30pm On Sep 23, 2010
N927m for ordinary dustbin?oga o!!!
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by bignaija(m): 4:33pm On Sep 23, 2010
kool
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by Kobojunkie: 4:35pm On Sep 23, 2010
Mobinga:

If this kind of contract can be awarded under Jonathans hair-filled nostrils then I think he is the wrong choice.

See how people dey make ridiculous connections, how you take know say Ribadu no go do the same thing?
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by 1forall: 4:41pm On Sep 23, 2010
Another display of irresponsible leadership. . .
they don't even bother to be smart about embezzling anymore these days. . .
smh
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by TewMuch: 4:44pm On Sep 23, 2010
This is very ridiculous. Why give these kind of contracts for people to import such things when Nigerians can make it at a cheaper price? Soon they will say they need waste bin bags, and spend another N1bn. Jonathan better cut all these excesses and have them give this contract to companies that can make quality dust bins, who have Nigerian employees. This wasteful spending in his government is not looking good for him at all. This is ridiculous. angry
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 23, 2010
@labiyemmy:

^^^^^

Good for you - stay out of a business that doesnt concern you- what i write or do is none of your busniess, MF

I dont know you, you dont know me, I careless who you are or what you think about me. Period. Now go wipe your butt hole with sandpaper.

Brazen thieves like you are the reason Nigeria is so f, ked-up today. See as he be like blom-blom, dey call person MF. Your father na MF. Oloorun.

Mobinga:

Nigeria imports everything from liquid soap to flashlights.

And Ribadu would probably do worse, with Bola Ahmed Tinubu perched comfortably on his shoulder.

I've been forced to a conclusion that the problem with Nigeria is not leadership, per-se, but followership. Our leaders are part & parcel of this same society, 99.9% of us criticizing this contract would probably do the exact same thing if we're in Jonathan's shoes.
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by JUO(m): 4:53pm On Sep 23, 2010
waste indeed
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by Mobinga: 4:56pm On Sep 23, 2010
Kobojunkie:

See how people dey make ridiculous connections, how you take know say Ribadu no go do the same thing?
And how do you know Ribadu would do the same thing?
What are the ridiculous connections?
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by confetti(f): 4:57pm On Sep 23, 2010
@labiyemmy:

^^^^^

Am sorry to say this but truly speaking, if this is the level of your reasoning, you are really dumb. What has my buying one single shoe or shirt got to do with govt importation of foreign waste bins?
To me, the issue is not even the amount involved even though it is outrageous but why importation when they are asking us to patronize made in Nigeria goods? This is not automobile for God's sake neither is it a technology we do not have. How can a right thinking human approve such purchase in the 1st instance, are u trying to say that the most important thing in Nigeria now (Abuja is waste Bins) Assu is going on strike 1st October, Workers are embarking on strike soon cos of minimum wage, Boko Haram harrassing pple everywhere with such killings as we see in Aba and other states. Do you know how many graduates 1B will change their lives for ever here in Nigeria? In fact, I do not want to continue because reading your post is very annoying.
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 23, 2010
confetti:

Am sorry to say this but truly speaking, if this is the level of your reasoning, you are really dumb. What has my buying one single shoe or shirt got to do with govt importation of foreign waste bins?
To me, the issue is not even the amount involved even though it is outrageous but why importation when they are asking us to patronize made in Nigeria goods? This is not automobile for God's sake neither is it a technology we do not have. How can a right thinking human approve such purchase in the 1st instance, are u trying to say that the most important thing in Nigeria now (Abuja is waste Bins) Assu is going on strike 1st October, Workers are embarking on strike soon cos of minimum wage, Boko Haram harrassing pple everywhere with such killings as we see in Aba and other states. Do you know how many graduates 1B will change their lives for ever here in Nigeria? In fact, I do not want to continue because reading your post is very annoying.

Don't mind the obese pig. It's not his fault.
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by legendprac(m): 5:14pm On Sep 23, 2010
SMH, Nigeria,
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by emmydee(m): 5:23pm On Sep 23, 2010
$40 profit is not too much considering the fact that they'r going to be
shipped.
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by asscend: 5:26pm On Sep 23, 2010
Why all the name calling on this thread.  Please every one is entitled to their views and should not be abused.

The main thing is that every one present their case clearly.

If you guys were in the National assembly you will be exchanging blows by now, is that not what we see in some state assemblies?  That happens when people like yourselves start bashing each other.

Please debate joyfully, thats the joy of a civilized people.
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 23, 2010
geepee nigeria already makes bins like this

[img]http://witchdoctor.files./2008/02/wheeliebinglobe.jpg?w=427&h=439[/img]

and a lot of us are using them. geepee nigeria allso make very durable tanks like this which are found in every home

if our government was not run by daft thieving  idiots, it is simply a case of contracting them to make a special class of bin

rather than engaging on a bizarre 1 billion spree.

rogues and idiots all of them  angry angry angry

standard 1000 litre geepee plastic tank cost 7,500 - 10,000 - a 250 litre model would go for a quarter of that - below n2500 - and that is from retailers - buying direct from manufacturer - knock off another 30%

madness
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by optionA4: 5:32pm On Sep 23, 2010
, Other people dey go London to learn Atomic energy; Our commissioner go to learn dust bin carrying,
Dem just dey parambulate and still dey same, same place,

-- Abami eda forever!
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by madamL(f): 5:34pm On Sep 23, 2010
exactly the type of story that gets my blood pressure high

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Silverbird To Build Africa's Tallest Building In Lagos / N10b Suit Filed Against Melaye, & trustees Of NGO / Second Biafra War: Radio Biafra Director Moves To Acquire Weapons (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.