Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,882 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins (8145 Views)

MTEF: FEC Approves N6tr Expenditure For 2016 / The Set Stage Of The FEC Banquet Ahead Of Cabinet Swearing In / FEC Approves Confab’s Main Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by 9ijaMan: 7:30pm On Sep 25, 2010
Hmmm! I tire for Nigerian leaders o!
In response to the person who said most on this thread are hypocrites 'cos they don't buy made in 9ja goods:
I do not know any sane 9jan who will buy imported waste bins for his home. You also cannot compare buying imported clothes and shoes with buying imported waste bins.

You also gave an analysis showing that it'll cost approx. 12,500 to buy one bin in UK, but that figure includes 17.5% vat which you are exempted from when exporting goods out of the UK. That leave us with 10312.5 Naira. Considering FG wants to buy in bulk, they'll sure get a very good discount rate which will likely drop the price further down to as low as 8K naira. That's approximately half of your 15,450 Naira figure.
Consider yourself a business man, would you rather spend such an amount of money in importing or source locally?

Just as most have suggested so far, GEJ and his cronies are seeking every means possible to raise funds for the elections.
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by labiyemmy(m): 8:27pm On Sep 25, 2010
^^^^

The people who will not buy made in Nigeria items with the sole reason that it doesn't last them compared to the foreign items, these are the same people who want government to buy locally made wheelie bins and when they see it scattered on the streets in less than six months, begin to shout to the highest heavens that the government wasted money buying the items in the first place. That is my point, and you yourself, if you want to be very objective, knows what i am saying is true.
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by 9ijaMan: 9:22pm On Sep 25, 2010
If you reside in 9ja, then I suppose your waste bin must have been imported from the UK abi, ! Your attempts at equating importation of waste bins to the importation of clothing is at best ludicrous.

My blood boils in my veins when I read such conclusions from 9jans. My only solace is just that there's a huge difference between going to school and actually learning.
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 25, 2010
@labiyemmy:

^^^^

The people who will not buy made in Nigeria items with the sole reason that it doesn't last them compared to the foreign items, these are the same people who want government to buy locally made wheelie bins and when they see it scattered on the streets in less than six months, begin to shout to the highest heavens that the government wasted money buying the items in the first place. That is my point, and you yourself, if you want to be very objective, knows what i am saying is true.

your desperation is making you sound foolish

you want to have us believe that nigerians homes are full of imported plastic containers?

there is a thriving plastics industry in this country

drum, buckets flower pots, lawn chairs , kegs

companies like ok plastic, geepee, white horse are producing quality lasting plastic products by the truckload. i have a plastic drum outside my house that serves as my main dustbbin. i have a smaller one in my kitchen - and i am not the exception so what exactly are you on about?

i doubt if i have ever even seen any foreign buckets for sale anywhere in nigeria, come to think of it
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by labiyemmy(m): 4:55am On Sep 26, 2010
^^^^^^

Not only are you ranting nonsense because I don't agree with your line of thought - you are also hard of reading and understanding what u read.

My desperation? For what? For your vote, for your money, for your praise or what am i desperate for?

Is plastic bucket the only local thing that is made in Nigeria? Cover the real issue with your blindfold and talk gibberish because i dont agree with your wishy washy line of arguments.

The argument is that people who are quick to condemn locally made items - and dont patronise them - because of the quality, these are the same people asking government to buy the same goods they openly condemn, and when in less than six months, the items loose quality and spoil, they will be the same to come on Nairaland to talk gibberish about government wasting money buying inferior goods.

There is no where i have sent you an abuse but mind you - i know how to give it to you more than you can serve it- so, not only do you sound foolish, you are completely sounding like a g o at and a bu ffon.
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by Nobody: 5:39am On Sep 26, 2010
^^^^

just like your other team gej compatriot when in doubt insult

never fails
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by obi123: 7:23am On Sep 26, 2010
surely there will be need to educate people on the benefits of using the bins, who knows that might be another 400m naira project, then another

project to import the right kind of removal waste trucks to fit the bins another 2.8bn.  Of course they would  need to print Abuja on the bins this

would cost another 800m naira and be done abroad of course because if done in naija there is every possibility that it wont last . Bunch of jokers

mshewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by agabaI23(m): 8:41am On Sep 26, 2010
@labiyemmy:

^^^^

Bro no be for plastic now. You wan tell me say those Geepee tanks no dey last? The makers of Geepee can easily get us wheely bins at less than those prices.

A medium sized GP tank which is more than 100 times larger than the 240 L bin goes for less than 30K. Plastic quality superb. Assuming you give the company  the same amount and insisted on the quality you wanted, I am sure the company will do that comfortably. But I am sure he would do that for less.
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by ladi02(m): 11:55am On Sep 26, 2010
LOL, wait till next Wednesday and see the next "important" issue FEC (Federal Executive Criminals) will deliberate on, Jokers!
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by Nobody: 12:22pm On Sep 26, 2010
its amazing that some of Jonathan's most aggressive defenders have not been here yet.

This one must too bad to defend.
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by 9ijaMan: 2:35pm On Sep 26, 2010
mikeansy:

its amazing that some of Jonathan's most aggressive defenders have not been here yet.

This one must too bad to defend.

It's not only too bad to defend. It actually stinks!
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 26, 2010
was in vgc this morning

i just could not resist cheesy cheesy cheesy

i guess vgc is not on par with abuja

our politicans , unlike our elite, need the very best in british thermoplastics

Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by 9ijaMan: 3:01pm On Sep 26, 2010
I guess those waste bins will not meet the Abuja specs 'cos they have GP written on them instead of GEJ.
Oops, instead of Abuja!
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 26, 2010
over to squealer  cheesy cheesy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squealer_%28Animal_Farm%29

Squealer is a fictional pig from George Orwell's Animal Farm. He is described in the book to be an effective and very convincing orator.
[edit] Allegory

Squealer, a persuasive pig, uses propaganda throughout the novel, and he displays it to all of the animals and to comrade Napoleon.

In Animal Farm, the pigs could be identified with Soviet leaders of the time. Napoleon symbolizes Stalin and Snowball may symbolize Trotsky. Squealer's human counterpart may be obscure. Squealer may represent propaganda overall, as he was the key spokesman for the pigs. His persuasive language and demeanor and re-interpretations of facts illustrates the power of propaganda to control under- and un-educated people. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Squealer may specifically represent the state-run newspaper Pravda. This interpretation fails to associate Squealer with a specific figure in Stalin's inner circle.

He could represent Molotov, fitting with Orwell's description of and central role given to Squealer.[citation needed] Squealer is a close companion and protégé of Napoleon; Molotov was a close companion and protégé of Stalin. Squealer serves mainly as Napoleon's "propaganda minister"; Molotov was Stalin's Prime Minister (1930-1939) and Foreign Minister (1939-1949) and frequent spokesman. When the animals suspect the pigs are breaking the Seven Commandments, Squealer justifies their actions. For instance, when the other animals question the pigs' taking the milk and apples, Squealer reassures them that milk and apples are vital to pigs' health, that the pigs are not acting out of selfishness, and that Mr. Jones may return if the pigs didn't hog the milk and apples. In a similar vein, Molotov was an apologist for Stalin, rationalizing Stalin's tyranny as being in the best interests of the people.[citation needed]
[edit] Squealer's arguments

Throughout the book, Squealer justifies his arguments using his great powers of persuasion, his eloquent words, and his charismatic intellect. His foundation for many of his arguments is that the animals do not want Mr. Jones back in power in the farm, and therefore must support Napoleon. He devises various other reasons to convince the other animals of the farm to believe him, backing them up with claims of scientific evidence (for example, apples and milk), recently discovered "documentary evidence" (proving the complicity of Snowball in working with the enemy) and using difficult reasoning, which confused the other animals.

Squealer takes the central role in making announcements to the animals, as Napoleon appears less and less often as the book progresses.
[edit] Breaking of the Seven Commandments

Throughout the book, Napoleon and Squealer break the Seven Commandments, the tenets on which governance of the farm is based. To prevent the animals from suspecting them, Squealer preys on the animals' stupidity and alters the Commandments from time to time as the need arises. This is proven on page 73 of the British version when Squealer falls off the ladder while trying to change the commandments in the night. A few days later it is discovered that Squealer was altering the commandment regarding alcohol which suggests the reason he fell off the ladder was because he was drunk at the time. Orwell uses Squealer to mainly show how some governments and politicians use propaganda to get their ideas accepted and implemented by the people. In the end, Squealer reduces the Seven Commandments into one commandment, that "All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others".
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by agabaI23(m): 3:54pm On Sep 26, 2010
oyb:

was in vgc this morning

i just could not resist cheesy cheesy cheesy

i guess vgc is not on par with abuja

our politicans , unlike our elite, need the very best in british thermoplastics

You see am.
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by kellybaba(m): 9:33pm On Sep 26, 2010
ol boyyy ! see 'pepe'
i need this contract like dieeeeeeeeeeeeee ! ! !
How do i get in my Bid/proposa l and wo do i talk to pleaseeeeeeee?
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by DisGuy: 10:07pm On Sep 26, 2010
for goodness' sake!!! angry

damn sure the bloody meeting lasted for several hours too wtf!!
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by Nobody: 5:51am On Sep 27, 2010
quote from beaf squealer - [size=28pt]fresh air 2009[/size]
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by GBT(m): 8:58am On Sep 27, 2010
Each of those bins go for about $70 (retail) the budgeted price shows about $110 per bin, so someone is about to make about half the price ($40) as profit apart from discounts. haha that is about N300m profit minimum, how i love this country

Thank you for the analysis

WASTE indeed
Spot on janus
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by DisGuy: 7:23pm On Sep 27, 2010
So why is the Jonathan buying Oyinbo bins for Abuja with a minister and local council officials and several environmental agencies with annual budgets

Why cant they give the Oyinbo specifications to nigerian manufacturers to recreate
Why cant they fund universities to research some improved versions of the bins

an insult to Manufacturing Association of Nigeria
an insult to Standards Organisation of Nigeria
an insult to Nigerian Universities and their students!

Nwa ga me!!
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 27, 2010
Dis Guy:

So why is the Jonathan buying Oyinbo bins for Abuja with a minister and local council officials and several environmental agencies with annual budgets

Why cant they give the Oyinbo specifications to nigerian manufacturers to recreate
Why cant they fund universities to research some improved versions of the bins

an insult to Manufacturing Association of Nigeria
an insult to Standards Organisation of Nigeria
an insult to Nigerian Universities and their students!

Nwa ga me!!

EVERY house in VGC has one of those bins outside it

all a serious govt need to do if the bins don't meet their 'stringent' standards is meet with geepee and mandate them to produce a special spec of bin, with a guarantee of 3 years - within which geepee will be responsible for replacement of failed bins(within reasonable parameters)

its not rocket science
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by DisGuy: 7:46pm On Sep 27, 2010
Bros i saw the picture, clearly standard bins that can be made in different sizes, they look robust as well!

The MD/CEO and workers of GeePee and other manufacturers should go public with this idiotic money sucking contract!! If the government cant take the lead with the use of made in Nigeria goods how does it expect Nigerians to patronise made in nigeria goods

very soon Jonathan and madam re-brand will be importing toothpicks!

so many people unemployed, so many companies going under due to foreign imports. . . .

na real wa for this Johnny boy, i wonder if these oyinbo bins will meet the specification for our climate
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by kellybaba(m): 9:28pm On Sep 27, 2010
dear country men,be not deceived ! how do you ant them to fund 2011 elections? until they take it directly from statutory allocation?? no way,pls shine your eyes,we know wetin dey !
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by DisGuy: 12:03am On Feb 18, 2011

Dis Guy:

Bros i saw the picture, clearly standard bins that can be made in different sizes, they look robust as well!

The MD/CEO and workers of GeePee and other manufacturers should go public with this idiotic money sucking contract!! If the government cant take the lead with the use of made in Nigeria goods how does it expect Nigerians to patronise made in nigeria goods

very soon Jonathan and madam re-brand will be importing toothpicks!

so many people unemployed, so many companies going under due to foreign imports. . . .

na real wa for this Johnny boy, i wonder if these oyinbo bins will meet the specification for our climate
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by olaolabiy: 12:39am On Feb 18, 2011
OYB,
Those on the streets of Britain are much better than those VGC ones in your pix.

Those in your pix are very ordinary.
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by DisGuy: 10:19am On Oct 09, 2011
fressh presido
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by Kobojunkie: 12:13pm On Oct 09, 2011
It has been over a year since the Jonathan Administration awarded the contract. Anyone have a picture of the bins, if delivered? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by Pukkah: 6:16pm On Oct 09, 2011
Good question. What has become of the waste bins?
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by 9ijaMan: 9:26pm On Nov 12, 2011
The money went into the elections na, ! How can you people be expecting any waste bins in the first place.
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by Pukkah: 1:24pm On Dec 08, 2011
Where are the waste bins?
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by DisGuy: 2:36pm On Dec 08, 2011
Pukkah:

Where are the waste bins?

won ti melt- so theyve been thrown inside the bin grin

they've melted
Re: Fec Approves N927m ($6.5m) For Fct Waste Bins by ladi02(m): 10:02pm On Oct 04, 2015
The beginning of Jonathan's looting!

We will start digging it out for PMB.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Federal University In Ekiti State - Ikole Ekiti As The Right Location / Bomb Explosion At Mararaban In Jos - 4 Injured / Is Buhari Left Handed Or Right Handed? I'm Really Confused. Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.