Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,619 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs - Computers (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs (33125 Views)

Code To Check Glo Internet Bundle Usage/balance. / Globacom Launches Internet Bundle Plan. / Validity On Mtn Internet Bundle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by CEiiG: 10:07am On Oct 03, 2010
FYI guyz all blackberry services in this country have a limit!!! The reason is because we never get close to using it up!!
The limit is 3gig for mtn,glo and etisalat

My Source: my uncle has worked for etisalat and mtn.

They just they use 9ja sense for us me I have come close once bout 2 gig :p

CEiiG out
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by perx(f): 4:56pm On Oct 03, 2010
busynett:

@perx,
Is your glo sim activated for 3G, if not, u need to do that. After 3G activation, use gloflat as apn, flat as username & password.
You can use this setting on both phone modem to browse. Hope that helps.

ABEG OH THIS IS LIKE FRENCH TO ME - I DONT UNDERSTAND U AT ALL AT ALL
how do i activate the 3G and whats use gloflat as apn, flat as username & password? - how do i do this? kindly put me through step by step. i am using mtn modem. the modem is unlocked and i use etisalat and mtn on it before but glo keeps saying error 619 bla bla bla or so

but when i put the glo sim, it reads or shows edge glo or gprs glo or 3g glo but to connect na wahala. d glo sim dey read for my laptop screen as in on the mtn multifaslink modem but when i click on connect, it doesnt connect. help abeg any1
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by sefat: 3:49pm On Oct 04, 2010
Glo APN is gloflat, Username: flat, Password: flat.

Zain APN is internet.ng.zain.com, Username: wap Password: wap smiley
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by sefat: 4:30pm On Oct 04, 2010
Busynett, Go to your MTN communication manager. Click on TOOL -- OPTION -- PROFILE MANAGER. On DIAL-UP, Change PROFILE NAME to GLO then select EDIT put *99# and other info earlier given then SAVE. With this I am sure you will enjoy your glo. smiley
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by DrKitaun(m): 11:24pm On Oct 04, 2010
e156g mtn modem still doesnt work with glo always micro cry
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by JUNE12(m): 10:36am On Oct 05, 2010
It seems the Mtn 24hrs package has increased to 5g from 3g limit
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by otokx(m): 10:56am On Oct 05, 2010
Why do they not just make it 6G?
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by Suntemi(m): 11:22am On Oct 05, 2010
otokx:

Why do they not just make it 6G?
Lol, Well because if they do that, U will complain why they didn't make it 10gb. Lol
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by Mobinga: 11:28am On Oct 05, 2010
^^ lol funny grin
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by Suntemi(m): 11:37am On Oct 05, 2010
Guy, If U' buying a modem to unlock, Buy[b] Glo modem[/b] then unlock, but If U re buying a universal modem. Make sure its Huawei E155, E122 or E160G. These models connect with Glo. Others may not.

Dont buy MTN fastlink and unlock and expect it to work with Glo. Only miracle will make that happens 'had to write this because most people complain their modem doesn't work with Glo.

I think I may even think of setting up a thread on Modems issues. So that we all can help each other.
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by perx(f): 3:07pm On Oct 05, 2010
JUNE12:

It seems the Mtn 24hrs package has increased to 5g from 3g limit

can anyone confirm if its true? the mtn nite one has definitely gone from 10pm - 5am TO 9pm - 6am though
thats 2 extra hrs, wetin mtn see? - ole ole thiefy thiefy mtn trying to prove/do what? na now mtn wan change things when other networks are doing better before them? hisses
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:12pm On Oct 05, 2010
oooooooooooooHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! i will beat somebody o!!!

ok let me say it one more time, ANY mtn fastlink will work with glo!!! make sure the sim is actually activated for the APN u wanna use, unlock the modem, enter the right settings.!!!!

if that fails, (e nor dey fail i don do am many times with that same E156G) then get the firmware for E160G or E160, flash the modem with that one it will probably change ur dashboard too!! or better still flash with the same E156G firmware!!! then do ur thing.

note flashing the firmware is not the same as changing the dashboard software!! believe me even myself didnt realise for long!! i thot i was flashing the modem not knowing i was just changing the dashboard grin grin grin and i did it over and over.

at the weekend i will try to see if i can upload the firmware for E156G and E160G somwhere for reasonable people (note: im not in the habit of helping yahoo boys or hungry resellers of free knowledge). like i said, weekend, i dont have the time during the week and the firmwares are on anor pc i only see at the weekend anyway!!!!

i use my E156G freely and nor be miracle at all, i used to complain b4 too cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by puskin: 9:49pm On Oct 05, 2010
^^. . . .ok boss, we've heard U loud and clear.
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by Suntemi(m): 10:59pm On Oct 05, 2010
4llerbuntu:

oooooooooooooHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! i will beat somebody o!!!

ok let me say it one more time, ANY mtn fastlink will work with glo!!! make sure the sim is actually activated for the APN u wanna use, unlock the modem, enter the right settings.!!!!

if that fails, (e nor dey fail i don do am many times with that same E156G) then get the firmware for E160G or E160, flash the modem with that one it will probably change your dashboard too!! or better still flash with the same E156G firmware!!! then do your thing.

note flashing the firmware is not the same as changing the dashboard software!! believe me even myself didnt realise for long!! i thot i was flashing the modem not knowing i was just changing the dashboard grin grin grin and i did it over and over.

at the weekend i will try to see if i can upload the firmware for E156G and E160G somwhere for reasonable people (note: im not in the habit of helping yahoo boys or hungry resellers of free knowledge). like i said, weekend, i dont have the time during the week and the firmwares are on anor pc i only see at the weekend anyway!!!!

i use my E156G freely and nor be miracle at all, i used to complain b4 too cool cool cool cool cool cool

Lol, I know U referring to me. Well I don hear you. Put up the firmware first, and we will wait to see testimonies rolling in.
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by Mobinga: 11:10pm On Oct 05, 2010
u guys should stop subliminals
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:41pm On Oct 05, 2010
sub-wetin? which kain grammer be dis one na? guy talk Yoruba Yoruba o, u wan use all the money i pay for english grammer finish in one day? grin grin grin grin
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by Djcn: 8:43am On Oct 06, 2010
@4allerbuntu can u simply give the firmware version u use?
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by XerXesNG(m): 4:40pm On Oct 06, 2010
mtn FROM 3GB TO 5GB FROM 50MB TO 150MB
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:48pm On Oct 06, 2010
if im not mistaken this should be the same firmware that comes with the modem from mtn.
i earlier upgraded to E160 firmware, but decided to downgrade back.

i had erroneously changed the dashboard b4, so im stuck with this one

Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by DrKitaun(m): 11:06pm On Oct 06, 2010
oya . . .abeg make una helep me unlock this Visamodem

S/N 412825910887

ESN 100885 BBA

EVDO AC8710

thanks.
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by puskin: 12:27am On Oct 07, 2010
^^. . . .sorry, CDMA unlock is not available/not possible. (@least for now)
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by perx(f): 7:44am On Oct 10, 2010
abeg can anyone give me the code and number to text to check my glo always macro balance (internet)?
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by zenus(m): 8:25am On Oct 10, 2010
perx:

abeg can anyone give me the code and number to text to check my glo always macro balance (internet)?

text -

Info to 127
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by Chygoz2(m): 11:31am On Oct 10, 2010
Hi guys. I have an mtn fastlink modem e156g which i unlocked. It works with all networks except glo. Then today, as i was using it with mtn, my pc just went off. When i put it back on, i couldn't connect it with mtn anymore though it connected with etisalat. Can anyone suggest solutions for me? When i try to connect it with mtn, it displays error 619, the same error it displays when i try connecting with glo.
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by Suntemi(m): 12:38pm On Oct 10, 2010
Chygoz2:

Hi guys. I have an mtn fastlink modem e156g which i unlocked. It works with all networks except glo. Then today, as i was using it with mtn, my pc just went off. When i put it back on, i couldn't connect it with mtn anymore though it connected with etisalat. Can anyone suggest solutions for me? When i try to connect it with mtn, it displays error 619, the same error it displays when i try connecting with glo.

Try checking the APN well. if that is correct try using another MTN sim. Good Luck.
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by Chygoz2(m): 1:15pm On Oct 10, 2010
I've checked all the settings and it's okay. Even put another sim but still didn't work.
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by perx(f): 4:58pm On Oct 10, 2010
zenus:

text - Info to 127
thanks
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by Gaygurl(f): 5:24pm On Oct 10, 2010
Hw true iz etisalat promo on BB? Cos sme1 told me if u pay ur 5k 4 one mnth, u get 4mnths free. Has ny1 heard abt dis b4?
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 10, 2010
^
Lol. Nigerians (esp gurls) like awoof of the highest order. Subscribe 1 month and get FOUR months free. . .that surely sounds like 'fabu' if you ask me.
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by lanray88(m): 3:51am On Oct 11, 2010
Yes, its true.

Nite - 3gb - N2,500 - (9am - 6pm/30days)

Daytime - 3gb - N6, 000 - (9am - 9pm/30days)

Monthly - 5gb - N8, 000 - (24hrs/30days)
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by shanda(m): 4:01am On Oct 11, 2010
Guys, I'm thinking of switching from starcomms to MTN. I am currently on Starcomms Izap 100hrs plan (N6,500) and I use an average of 2GB, but I think MTN 5GB and N8,000 monthly plan is a better option. What's their speed like ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

(How) To Refill Hp Laserjet 1020 Toner Cartridge? / How To Connect To A Cisco Router Using Windows 7 And Vista. / Cyber Cafes With thin Client Technology In Operation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.