Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,279 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs - Computers (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs (33112 Views)

Code To Check Glo Internet Bundle Usage/balance. / Globacom Launches Internet Bundle Plan. / Validity On Mtn Internet Bundle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by Suntemi(m): 10:27am On Oct 11, 2010
shanda:

Guys, I'm thinking of switching from starcomms to MTN. I am currently on Starcomms Izap 100hrs plan (N6,500) and I use an average of 2GB, but I think MTN 5GB and N8,000 monthly plan is a better option. What's their speed like ?

One of the fastest.
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by lynxnoon(m): 12:26pm On Oct 11, 2010
shanda:

Guys, I'm thinking of switching from starcomms to MTN. I am currently on Starcomms Izap 100hrs plan (N6,500) and I use an average of 2GB, but I think MTN 5GB and N8,000 monthly plan is a better option. What's their speed like ?
am on nite plan wich will expire early next month and hv dropped 4.5GB and counting wink
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by Suntemi(m): 9:41am On Oct 12, 2010
4llerbuntu:

if im not mistaken this should be the same firmware that comes with the modem from mtn.
i earlier upgraded to E160 firmware, but decided to downgrade back.

i had erroneously changed the dashboard b4, so im stuck with this one

After downloading the firmware U showed. I try flashing the E156G with it and the problem remains the same. I don't want to believe I didn't  do the Glo flat setting well coz I tried my E1550 and it worked with the same settings but the E156G isn't just working. Well, U said on another thread that U' having problem uploading the firmware. I will wait till U put up the firmware U use.

Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by laidelight: 1:07pm On Oct 12, 2010
Thanks for the info. I think they'd now decided to be flexible like zain.
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by pappy2000: 2:22pm On Oct 12, 2010
Hello Fella,

an you help me i have unlock my modem it is a glo line e160G. I want to be using an mtn simonit.I will appreciate your suggestion
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by Suntemi(m): 3:58pm On Oct 12, 2010
Insert the MTN sim, then open the Glo interface. Click on[b] Tools[/b]- >Options->Profile Management. then Click New, Rename to Profile name to[b] MTN[/b]. click. Save n later click Ok. Now try to connect. You' good to go.

Oh sorry U said suggestions, ok Mtn is cool anyway, but U need to be in their 3G coverage area to enjoy their services.
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by felix55(m): 6:15pm On Oct 12, 2010
mtn is the best now. #500 bundle plan is now 150mb
text 103 to 131 to migrate and enjoy like me.
pls also note dis u can still use ur 100 mobile bundle to browse on ur pc but u must disable any automatic update u have. enjoy, mtn, now
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by Nobody: 12:50am On Oct 13, 2010
Please can someone help me out with how to manually configure my Nokia E72's access point to gloflat? I decided to try out the Glo Always Micro package (N1000 = 150mb) today, but to my utter dismay, my data usage was charged to my regular account rather than the data bundle (losing almost N800 in the process), despite having a full and untouched 150mb! I never experienced this nonsense with my MTN and Etisalat lines. I was told that the data bundle does not work with 'glo direct' which seems to be the default access point for all applications. I've been trying to deactivate the glo direct and replace it with gloflat, all to no avail.

Can someone here help a brother out? Like I said, the phone model is E72. . .
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by pappy2000: 9:22am On Oct 13, 2010
@ Sun temi

Pls what is the Mtn setting i need.the modem is unlocked and i can see the mtn edge network but it keep tellling me error 619. Your help will be appreciated .

I mean the access number and web and the rest
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by Suntemi(m): 12:19pm On Oct 13, 2010
pappy2000:

@ Sun temi

Pls what is the Mtn setting i need.the modem is unlocked and i can see the mtn edge network but it keep tellling me error 619. Your help will be appreciated .

I mean the access number and web and the rest

Insert the MTN sim, then open the Glo interface. Click on[b] Tools[/b]- > Options-> Profile Management. then Click New, Rename the Profile name to[b] MTN[/b] click Save n later click Ok. Now try to connect. You' good to go. The access number will be there but in-case U' unable to find it, use *99# as the access number. I dont know what U mean 'web and the rest'.
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by pappy2000: 12:56pm On Oct 13, 2010
@ sun temi

Pls I have done what you ask me to do but it keeps saying the same thing.

I guess the problem is the access number,do you have access number for Mtn.

I know the usernamer and the password is web.

I am grateful for your help.
God will reward you.
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by opskie: 1:34am On Oct 15, 2010
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by Koolwilly(m): 2:12am On Oct 15, 2010
lynxnoon:

am on nite plan wich will expire early next month and hv dropped 4.5GB and counting wink
\zyou are on nite plan so how come you have pulled files worth 4.5GB
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by Dwayne(m): 2:51am On Oct 15, 2010
My economy plans is working, surfing with very low image quality or no image @ all in firefox. 'm on d nite 3Gb. After connecting 2day, ma windows 7 pulled a stunt that saw me loose 131mb to windows auto update.
In 3G coverage, I think glo's gat d edge over mtn. Cus mtn's 3g coverage is mostly on majoy cities. But glo's 3g reaches d interior.
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by Dwayne(m): 2:51am On Oct 15, 2010
My economy plans is working, surfing with very low image quality or no image @ all in firefox. 'm on d nite 3Gb. After connecting 2day, ma windows 7 pulled a stunt that saw me loose 131mb to windows auto update.
In 3G coverage, I think glo's gat d edge over mtn. Cus mtn's 3g coverage is mostly on majoy cities. But glo's 3g reaches d interior.
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by puskin: 3:17am On Oct 15, 2010
Dwayne, Insongrata, Grizzly and the rest. . . . .huh!!!!!. . . . . all these my niggiz just dey pop out from nowhere as if dey release them 4rm prison. cheesy cheesy

Where have U ppl bin @ ?? undecided undecided

Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by lynxnoon(m): 11:08am On Oct 15, 2010
@koolwilly
hmmmmmmm
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by Suntemi(m): 11:27am On Oct 15, 2010
pappy2000:

@ sun temi

Pls I have done what you ask me to do but it keeps saying the same thing.

I guess the problem is the access number,do you have access number for Mtn.

I know the username and the password is web.

I am grateful for your help.
   God will reward you.
*99# works with MTN. here is a snapshot of the setting. So the username and password is not necessary. If after all this, your MTN sim still refuses to connect, then I suggest U go get a new sim.

Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by honeric01(m): 11:50am On Oct 15, 2010
About a week ago, i discovered that my mtn was no longer browsing the internet, i have a night bundle (plan) and about 2 weeks to expiration, it stopped browsing, it connects (modem) all well but it never browses any websites, i decided to contact customer care through their 180 and 181 line, but i was left on hold for more than 2hrs each time i call these numbers.

I got so tired, then decided to subscribe on one of my other MTN line (subscribed for another #2,500 night plan) about 3 days ago, up till now i am yet to open just google with it, it connects but never browses, i have never had issues with mtn until of recent and i don't know what else to do, can't get to customer care through their 180/180, and even their online web-customer care is no also responding to my plights. i am getting frustrated, make someone help me oo.

Not ready to waste close to #5k on MTN madness! they should treat me well ooooo angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by Idatonye: 12:06pm On Oct 15, 2010
have youreally tried the indianweb proxy do u know its really great, depending on they server that host your tutorial.php file as for mine its great watch movies without streaming, streaming ahead of your movies so u dont feel the bufferings, if u want to know more u can call me and i would give u a trial. 08030537480 only if u stay in port-harcourt[i][/i] cool cool
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by aieromon(m): 2:18pm On Oct 16, 2010
Why does it take these guys time to activate a data bundle?
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by Suntemi(m): 3:03pm On Oct 16, 2010
aieromon:

Why does it take these guys time to activate a data bundle?

I tire o Today too worst.
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by honeric01(m): 11:05pm On Oct 16, 2010
3 days now, i still can't browse with mtn, this is getting frustrating, MTN DO SOMETHING!!!!

i can't even get to speak with any of their customer care!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by Dkaz(m): 11:14pm On Oct 16, 2010
Its getting hot @www.9jamob.tk
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by Dwayne(m): 6:20am On Oct 17, 2010
I did d mtn 400 wk bundle so i could use during d day, but it took them lyk 2hrs b4 they activated it. Ok, then i surf for a while, tryna check ma bundle balance and it tells me i gat no active bundle.
I think d 3 previous existing bundles gat no probs, but these latest additions lyk daily and weekly bundle is just so so.
Puskin_P, long time no talk. ope u cul?
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by Dwayne(m): 6:20am On Oct 17, 2010
Honeric, check ur connections, i rilly think d problem is 4rm ur side. Sum mtn sim doesn't surf. Know that. Or try checkin' ur bundle balance 2 see if ur bundle is active.
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by Dkaz(m): 11:01am On Oct 17, 2010
I'm very gratefull for this days i'm wishing you my people happy birthday of the new mtn cheat that is out, i'm using it now wit 5.2 very fast indeed. Unpredictable just visit 9jamob. tk don't take it for granted visit and take yours.
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:07pm On Oct 17, 2010
@ suntemi and da rest, this is the firmware for E156G i promised
note its not dashboard o, firmware. do as per our previous discussions and my recomendation for glo and lets see

http://plunder.com/2aa2738dbc
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by pappy2000: 3:12pm On Oct 17, 2010
@ sun temi
I cannot thank you enough,It worked perfectly,the problem wa i didnt click mtn in the drop down menu before i connect,Thanks.

I have a gift for you and that is 97 year old granny,Do you mind?
Re: Mtn's New Internet Bundle Tariffs by Suntemi(m): 7:01pm On Oct 17, 2010
4llerbuntu, Thx, 'll try it and get back to U.

pappy2000, Na so I offend U reach? 97 years old granny. U wan make I die young? HOLY GHOST FIRE!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

(How) To Refill Hp Laserjet 1020 Toner Cartridge? / How To Connect To A Cisco Router Using Windows 7 And Vista. / Cyber Cafes With thin Client Technology In Operation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.