Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

If Someone Has An Illness That Has Left Them So Debilitated - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Someone Has An Illness That Has Left Them So Debilitated (551 Views)

Is There Proof The Holy Spirit Has Left Jw.org / How Can I Know When God Has Left Me? / MEET The Lovely Wife & Children TB Joshua Has Left Behind (full Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Someone Has An Illness That Has Left Them So Debilitated by MissRaine69(f): 7:39pm On May 14, 2019
To the point hat they are best described as merely existing and not living. If that person asked you to end their life out of pity so that their suffering would cease. Would you do it?

The person used to be active, self sufficient and fiercely independent. Now they are bed bound and rely on others for their basic needs.

There is a point of view which suggests that , it seems perfectly reasonable that humans, should be allowed to decide their own fate. Albeit with some help.
Your thoughts on this.

1 Like

Re: If Someone Has An Illness That Has Left Them So Debilitated by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 14, 2019
The situation you just put up here suggests that the person still has life . Assuming there's an injunction that says I must take that person's life, I would look for a counterinjunction. Can't live with that.
Re: If Someone Has An Illness That Has Left Them So Debilitated by MissRaine69(f): 8:56pm On May 14, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
The situation you just put up here suggests that the person still has life . Assuming there's an injunction that says I must take that person's life, I would look for a counterinjunction. Can't live with that.
So a no then?
Re: If Someone Has An Illness That Has Left Them So Debilitated by Dtruthspeaker: 9:03pm On May 14, 2019
Did you create the sick? Is he/she your creation? Then you know the answer as you already know good and evil.

Do what seemeth good to you.
Re: If Someone Has An Illness That Has Left Them So Debilitated by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 14, 2019
Euthanasia

As is, there will be arguments and points thrown here and there which will be filled with moral and/or religious sentiments.

Personally, I’m indifferent, I really don’t know how I’ll react. I pray to God I’m never in the situation to ask for that way out or someone I know asking me for that way out.

Regardless, there are illnesses and accidents that will one in so much pain and suffering that killing that person will be the kindest thing you’ll be doing for that person.

Euthanasia is commonly practiced on people who, after suffering one accident or another, are termed vegetables and leaving them on life support will be a waste of time and resources.

It’s still a heated debate even in developed countries anyway.
Re: If Someone Has An Illness That Has Left Them So Debilitated by ThothHermes: 10:03pm On May 14, 2019
I support euthanasia. But I can't carry it out. Even if it entails just pushing a button on a machine. I no fit!
Re: If Someone Has An Illness That Has Left Them So Debilitated by MissRaine69(f): 10:05pm On May 14, 2019
Dtruthspeaker:
Did you create the sick? Is he/she your creation? Then you know the answer as you already know good and evil.

Do what seemeth good to you.
A simple yes or no would suffice...
Re: If Someone Has An Illness That Has Left Them So Debilitated by MissRaine69(f): 10:12pm On May 14, 2019
ThothHermes:
I support euthanasia. But I can't carry it out. Even if it entails just pushing a button on a machine. I no fit!
So let’s say
The person whom you care for deeply is on life support, after awhile you are informed there is nothing anyone can do, sign here do we can switch of the machine. You won’t do it?
Re: If Someone Has An Illness That Has Left Them So Debilitated by MissRaine69(f): 10:16pm On May 14, 2019
mrAMG2:
Euthanasia

As is, there will be arguments and points thrown here and there which will be filled with moral and/or religious sentiments.

Personally, I’m indifferent, I really don’t know how I’ll react. I pray to God I’m never in the situation to ask for that way out or someone I know asking me for that way out.

Regardless, there are illnesses and accidents that will one in so much pain and suffering that killing that person will be the kindest thing you’ll be doing for that person.

Euthanasia is commonly practiced on people who, after suffering one accident or another, are termed vegetables and leaving them on life support will be a waste of time and resources.

It’s still a heated debate even in developed countries anyway.

You don’t have to be in a vegetative state for euthanasia to take place. You can actually request it .
Six countries allow for that provision
And Six US states allow doctor assisted suicide to take place.
Re: If Someone Has An Illness That Has Left Them So Debilitated by LordReed(m): 12:29am On May 15, 2019
Unless you are completely devoid of empathy, such a scenario should evoke deep emotional reactions in a person. Make no mistake, it is a monumental decision for the person making such a request or the one asked to carry it out. Therefore deep contemplation on all the ramifications should be expected.

That said, I think people in such situations should be afforded the chance to end their lives with all the dignity they can muster under the circumstances. I can't say for sure if I would be able to carry out such a request but I will definitely make such a request if I was the one in such pain and suffering especially when it is clear nothing further can be done.

1 Like

Re: If Someone Has An Illness That Has Left Them So Debilitated by MissRaine69(f): 1:50pm On May 15, 2019
LordReed:
Unless you are completely devoid of empathy, such a scenario should evoke deep emotional reactions in a person. Make no mistake, it is a monumental decision for the person making such a request or the one asked to carry it out. Therefore deep contemplation on all the ramifications should be expected.

That said, I think people in such situations should be afforded the chance to end their lives with all the dignity they can muster under the circumstances. I can't say for sure if I would be able to carry out such a request but I will definitely make such a request if I was the one in such pain and suffering especially when it is clear nothing further can be done.
I appreciate your candour.

1 Like

Re: If Someone Has An Illness That Has Left Them So Debilitated by Evangkatsoulis: 2:05pm On May 15, 2019
I would blow the person's head off.
Re: If Someone Has An Illness That Has Left Them So Debilitated by gurusubai7(m): 2:25pm On May 15, 2019
Re: If Someone Has An Illness That Has Left Them So Debilitated by Kobojunkie: 11:53pm On Dec 22, 2023
MissRaine69:
To the point hat they are best described as merely existing and not living. If that person asked you to end their life out of pity so that their suffering would cease. Would you do it? The person used to be active, self sufficient and fiercely independent. Now they are bed bound and rely on others for their basic needs. There is a point of view which suggests that , it seems perfectly reasonable that humans, should be allowed to decide their own fate. Albeit with some help. Your thoughts on this.
There is also the law that says that taking someone else's life — not yours — is considered a crime. So, while it may sound reasonable, you have to ask if the law agrees with you on that. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Billionaire Says His Wealth Can Never Replace CHRIST JESUS / The Increasing Motivational Lines In Nigerian Churches / HAARP Or Allah's Judgemnt Upon The Black Bahamas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.