Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,555 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate (2149 Views)

Soludo Congratulates Utme-best Candidate, Nkechinyere Umeh, Offers Scholarship / Ekene Franklin Ezeunala: I Aimed At Scoring 370 - UTME Best Candidate / 15-year-old boy emerges as 2018 UTME best candidate with 349 points (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by shehuolayinka(m): 8:48pm On May 14, 2019
When he was preparing for the 2019 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), Ekene Franklin Ezeunala said his target was to make a score of 370 out of a possible 400.

The SS3 pupil of Meiran Community Secondary School, Meiran, Lagos, made 347 – and he is still happy with himself.

“I tried to make a good score while preparing for the examination.

“The score I was targeting was 370. I still feel happy that I still achieved a good result,” said the public school pupil.

Ekene, who will turn 15 in 13 days (May 27), said he was shocked to be announced the candidate with the highest score in the examination.

“When I first heard I was the highest, I was a bit shocked. But I became glad and happy.”

The teenager said regular participation in competitions on behalf of Lagos State helped his preparations.

“The competitions impacted positively on my preparation. Some of the subjects I did I had done them in preparing for the competitions and met the same thing in the exams,” he said.

https://thenationonlineng.net/i-targeted-370-says-ekene-utme-best-candidate/

Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by Smithwilliams826: 9:02pm On May 14, 2019
Thats great.

1 Like

Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by KVN1(m): 9:28pm On May 14, 2019
ndigbo are naturally ambitious..

thumbs up man!

if we were in a sane clime, you would have been offered multiple scholarships.

2 Likes

Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by czarina(f): 9:29pm On May 14, 2019
Let's hear word. Nothing special about what you did son. Na person write book wen you cram take pass. All theories, no problem solved with your "big mark".

We keep hailing these kids as they cram and regurgitate answers that offer no practical solution to today's realities.

Again, go and sit down!

P. S

Congratulations son. Just like the average Nigerian parents, I know your parents will be "thrilled"

1 Like

Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by KVN1(m): 9:31pm On May 14, 2019
czarina:
Let's hear word. Nothing special about what you did son. Na person write book wen you cram take pass. All theories, no problem solved with your "big mark".

We keep hailing these kids as they cram and regurgitate answers that offer no practical solution to today's realities.

Again, go and sit down!

heard you couldn't get the course of your choice due to poor jamb score!

sorry about that

3 Likes

Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by czarina(f): 9:35pm On May 14, 2019
KVN1:

heard you couldn't get the course of your choice due to poor jamb score!
Son, if you want proof, I could show you, I had close to 300 in my time. And that was almost a decade ago. Highest scoring post ume candidate, and best graduating student in our graduating class.

As you grow older, you'll realize why these results are often a waste of valuable time.

3 Likes

Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by KVN1(m): 9:36pm On May 14, 2019
czarina:
Son, if you want proof, I could show you, I had close to 300 in my time. And that was almost a decade ago. Highest scoring post ume candidate, and best graduating student in our graduating class.

As you grow older, you'll realize why these results are often a waste.

proof please!

1 Like

Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by czarina(f): 9:40pm On May 14, 2019
KVN1:

proof please!
No need. Just face the message and leave the messenger.

You don't have to believe me.
Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 14, 2019
czarina:

As you grow older, you'll realize why these results are often a waste of valuable time.
Baddo!

1 Like

Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by ThothHermes: 10:00pm On May 14, 2019
czarina:

Always knew you were smartypants. grin

I can smell them from a mile away. Always. cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by KENFERDYOORI(m): 10:08pm On May 14, 2019
Thumbs up kiddo. Greater heights await you.
Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by czarina(f): 10:11pm On May 14, 2019
ThothHermes:

I was just too buried in books.

Make the most of your time in school, that is what I tell my kid brothers every time but don't ever "carry school on your head".

They make kids read their brains out for nothing. IMO
Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by InansBobo(m): 11:07pm On May 14, 2019
D nigga try
Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by naturalwaves: 12:04am On May 15, 2019
czarina:
You really sound so bittered. When has it become a crime to grant an interview and answer questions. How did he not allow you hear word? ....and you think it is every one that crams? Or you think it is only through cramming one can pass? Or did you see the questions and observe that the questions did not cut across all the levels of cognitive domain? I am trying to understand you because you really sound maad. Are you sure you are not on drugs or something?

czarina:

Again, go and sit down!
If you feel there is something wrong with the assessment process, communicate it to the examiners. Should the little boy deliberately fail his exam or what? Or he should not be commended for doing a good job?? You really sound pained.

4 Likes

Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by naturalwaves: 12:15am On May 15, 2019
czarina:

It is not the little boy's fault that school didn't pass through you.

2 Likes

Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by naturalwaves: 12:24am On May 15, 2019
czarina:
No need. Just face the message and leave the messenger.

You don't have to believe me.
Why did you play the proof card when you knew you had no proof to show. There is something really wrong with your thought process. It seems your fingers type faster than your brain. I knew you were an empty vessel the moment you talked about proof and I was not disappointed when I scrolled and saw there was no proof anywhere when it was requested.

1 Like

Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by naturalwaves: 12:28am On May 15, 2019
ThothHermes:

Smartypants with a 1 digit I.Q
Azzlicker#

1 Like

Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by naturalwaves: 12:41am On May 15, 2019
czarina:
With the sort of foolishness and 1 digit IQ you have displayed here , you must have been a one eyed man in the midst of blind people in a mushroom school. I dare you to mention the institution and department .
From your profile, I can see that you have completely switched to giving massages since your education was a waste. I feel your frustration. You should have transferred your aggression to the half baked lecturers and the useless school that turned you into a cramming robot rather than hating on an innocent teenager.

1 Like

Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by Kingkun69(m): 1:34am On May 15, 2019
Why does he look like that

1 Like

Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by lonelydora: 6:44am On May 15, 2019
Igbo amaka!
Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by czarina(f): 6:46am On May 15, 2019
Kingkun69:
Why does he look like that
What about it? He's still a kid. Still growing.
Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by ThothHermes: 7:06am On May 15, 2019
czarina:
I was just too buried in books.

Make the most of your time in school, that is what I tell my kid brothers every time but don't ever "carry school on your head".

They make kids read their brains out for nothing. IMO
I completely understand. Being bookish has its advantages though. You see the world clearly. You are able to quickly snap out of the illusion.

1 Like

Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by ThothHermes: 7:13am On May 15, 2019
naturalwaves:

Smartypants with a 1 digit I.Q
Azzlicker#
My instincts are never wrong on such matters.
A person with a "1 digit IQ" will not be able to type on Nairaland. I know it's something you saw somewhere and decided to use without actually understanding it.

I don't back down from an e-fight. And I never lose. But na morning be this. So go rest.

1 Like

Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by naturalwaves: 7:24am On May 15, 2019
ThothHermes:
My instincts are never wrong on such matters.
A person with a "1 digit IQ" will not be able to type on Nairaland. I know it's something you saw somewhere and decided to use without actually understanding it.

I don't back down from an e-fight. And I never lose. But na morning be this. So go rest.
Well, she tried to even be able to type then cheesy cheesy cheesy. I am sure you understand my point very well.
Good morning.

1 Like

Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by Jman06(m): 7:34am On May 15, 2019
czarina:

Again, go and sit down!

P. S

Congratulations son. Just like the average Nigerian parents, I know your parents will be "thrilled"
Many of you abuse that word " cram" in this country!

For the records, you can't make such high score in JAMB by "cramming"!
Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by exynos(m): 7:36am On May 15, 2019
The lady above sound really pained. Why can't something good be appreciated for once?

1 Like

Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by OwoukoUrua(m): 7:41am On May 15, 2019
Hmm . . . Dude targeted 370 and was disappointed.I targeted 320 and I was not. . . . Kudos to him tho
Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by Kingkun69(m): 7:50am On May 15, 2019
czarina:
What about it? He's still a kid. Still growing.
he looks like an old man
Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by Kingkun69(m): 7:53am On May 15, 2019
Jman06:
Many of you abuse that word " cram" in this country!

For the records, you can't make such high score in JAMB by "cramming"!

he obviously cramed look at the boy that got the highest last yr never heard of again not hating but most of the ppl who score really high in the new jamb system cram a lot
Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by Jman06(m): 8:21am On May 15, 2019
Kingkun69:
he obviously cramed look at the boy that got the highest last yr never heard of again not hating but most of the ppl who score really high in the new jamb system cram a lot
No body "crams'' in the real sense of the word and remembers as much of the " crammed " work as can earn him/her such high score!

The boy is simply smart! Give it to him!

What were you expecting to hear from the last year's boy Of course he should be in his school studying. Or were you expecting him to have built a castle in the air by now
Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by Nobody: 9:20am On May 15, 2019
I have a LAPTOP for You

1 Like

Re: I Targeted 370, Says Ekene, UTME Best Candidate by Evangkatsoulis: 10:01am On May 15, 2019
EVILFOREST:
I have a LAPTOP for You
Please sir I really need this laptop. Mind if I DM?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bitcoin Withdraw Help / PLEASE Who Has This Book! / How To Check 2010 Unn Post Ume Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.