Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students (23471 Views)

Mothers Of Yahoo Boys Forming Association Now - EFCC Chairman, Ibrahim Magu / Lady Turns Into Snake In Benin After Alighting From Yahoo Boy's Benz - Residents / Gunmen Invade Ibrahim Magu’s House, Kill Policeman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by idonhammer: 7:43am On May 17, 2019
Correct man

johnkey:
Oloriburuku people, they don't care about the poor masses trying to survive the useless country they created by looting all the wealth meant for the masses. Millions of graduates with hundreds of jobs available and legit way sef no dey again, dey want make people commit suicide finish, e no possible!

If no be for the street, boys for dey beg and na wetin dey want be that but we sef no gree.

My billionaire uncle is still mad at me because unlike other youths in my family I've never called him to beg for one naira or carry certificate go hin company.
Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by Itzurboi(m): 7:44am On May 17, 2019
daddy001:
Will a secondary school student who is into Yahoo Yahoo also claim it's as a result of unemployment?Pls.,.I need to know
It can be explained as having "foresight" of a situation...
Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by myresearch: 7:48am On May 17, 2019
helinues:
grin

They are the Yahoo men
Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by Oyindidi(f): 7:56am On May 17, 2019
johnkey:
Oloriburuku people, they don't care about the poor masses trying to survive the useless country they created by looting all the wealth meant for the masses. Millions of graduates with hundreds of jobs available and legit way sef no dey again, dey want make people commit suicide finish, e no possible!

If no be for the street, boys for dey beg and na wetin dey want be that but we sef no gree.

My billionaire uncle is still mad at me because unlike other youths in my family I've never called him to beg for one naira or carry certificate go hin company.
Yahoo boi, you don get enough money I guess. Oya go do legit business with the money
Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by wolexter(m): 8:00am On May 17, 2019
A word they say is enough for the wise but I bet many will still not heed this warning.

Those who engage in cybercrime and their supporters claim they do so because of unemployment in Nigeria, then that begs the following questions:

1.Do Nigerians who engage in cybercrime in foreign countries like US, UK, Dubai etc do so because of unemployment too?
2. Do Nigerian students/undergraduates who engage in cybercrime do so because of unemployment too?
3. What about popular artistes who take to cybercrime; are they involved in it because of unemployment?

Truth is people do not take to cybercrime for survival but to fulfil the desire to possess the good things of life without putting in the requisite work.
People who engage in yahoo- yahoo and other Internet fraud are lazy- minded people who refuse to use their brain and mind for good cause because they believe in short-cut to wealth. These people will still take to fraud even if they had the best job. It's a mindset thing.

1 Like

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by Holuwatoobii(m): 8:01am On May 17, 2019
An only man of a family committed suicide when he was defrauded by this bastard(yahoo boys) his mom died of depression also, and some idiats still thinks cyber-crime is the only way.
Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by GindoX(m): 8:02am On May 17, 2019
chidi2pus:
Why do we always ignore the bigger picture in this country?

Is impersonation, love scams and other menial cyber crimes the only finicial and economic crime?

What about monopoly? Moneylaundering? Ponzi schemes? Inflation? Bribery? Breach of trust and agreement? Corruption? Illegal charges and practices from banks?terrorist financing? tax evasion? embezzlement? forgery? counterfeiting?

So many stupid things going on in this country that fall within Grey areas in this country.

My UBA bank keeps deducting 52 naira for all cards I've used and reported stolen or naira.
I've reported this issue but nothing is done against it.

Is this how you wanna fix the economy? By concentrating 95% of your resources and energy on petty fraudsters?

We're trying so hard to keep up with the pace of USA, UK, CANADA, NORWAY, SWITZERLAND and a host of other countries in battling financial and economic crimes but the truth is, even our fight is highly flawed.

Let us pause for a while, look at the bigger picture and go back to the drawing book.

And what is the bigger picture and the drawing board.
Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by 4gunners(m): 8:03am On May 17, 2019
joey150:
The worst thing about fraud is that it kills your creativity as a person and heightens your greed.

If I make 200k monthly from internet fraud and eventually get a 9-5 that pays me 100k monthly with all the toil and stress, which of the jobs do you think I'll keep? Your guess is as good as mine here.

Fraud is easy money, less effort and better returns. Those knee deep into it will likely not desert it if they got real job offers. So long as you are predisposed to fraud and making a living off it, you are likely never going to leave it, job or no job!

My fear is that the more youths that get deeply addicted to fraud and scamming, the harder it is that they'll quit if it continues to remain lucrative.

Nigeria has to take a strong stance against fraud like some countries are doing for controlled and banned substances.

Strong stance in the form of serious jail time and swift conviction for crimes such as internet fraud, corruption and tribalism with an intent to overrule meritocracy, is our most realistic shot at a better country.

Corruption and tribalism which have overruled meritocracy are the major reasons we are not moving forward as a nation

1 Like

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by Ifyz0001: 8:07am On May 17, 2019
If not because of Yahoo Yahoo, do you think Nigeria will be safe?

Where you leaders come out and say anything and go free, you think if the youth had your time, you would just say anything on air and go free?

Realistically, thank your gods for making the youths do Yahoo Yahoo, unless nowhere would be safe. Not even your state or govt house will be safe by then.

The youths are keeping themselves busy with what they know, have you leaders done any form of reasonable and attractive skill acquisition at all levels ? Do you leaders promise a good future for we the citizens?

You people just come out and say what you like because you are leaders of this country.

Thank your stars for yahoo or else, with the way you leaders are behaving, living in Nigeria won't be this safe.

3 Likes

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by rockstar27(m): 8:07am On May 17, 2019
Yankiss:
The guy above me is onto Yahoo Yahoo or what? Nigeria is dysfunctional but internet fraud is not the answer. We should learn to hold our leaders accountable. Youths of unilag were among those that forced IBB out of govt when he lost touch with the masses. Political awareness and responsible citizenship will yield more dividend than Yahoo.
BLESS U GUY. U SEE HOW SOME PEOPLE THINK, IS YAHOO YAHOO THE BEST THING FOR OUR YOUTH INSTEAD TO BE LOOKING FOR CLEAN WAY TO MAKE IT IN LIFE. DOING FRAUD CANNOT MAKE US GET OUR RIGHT FROM OUR LEADERS THEY WILL RATHER BE MOLESTING AND ENSLAVE US, WHEN THEY SEE THAT 70% OF OUR YOUTHS ARE INTO FRAUD, CAN THEY LET THE FRAUDULENT PERSON GET TO THE HIGH POST. FOR NIGERIA FUTURE IS AT RISK because WE YOUTH ARE NOT READY TO SAVE THE COUNTRY...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by Brock1: 8:09am On May 17, 2019
rafindo:

You are the oloriburuku.stop justifying stealing all because of the poverty level in Nigeria. That how we started glorifying politician in the 80s ,this is where we are now.

You r very stupid Sir, what do u expect IN a nation dat d population is growing rapidly, industries shutting down and politicians are for themselves, living exotic lives.

Alot of ppl av committed suicide bcoz its hard here(work hard to get, some age barrier, etc) , d ones dat find it difficult to commit suicide will definitely join kidnapping, yahoo yahoo, Boko Haram, prostitution, etc

Sorry to say, u r still very stupid Sir. For the fact u av it rosy at ur own end does not mean others have it rosy too.
If u glorified corrupt politicians back then( when naija was still a bit better than Now) , then efcc should do a thorough work on the politicians.

Poverty is not good

3 Likes

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by Samsonklin(m): 8:13am On May 17, 2019
Deathisfree:

No mind am. He don chop this morning
Well I guess the answer is robbery ,boy should go to that idiot house ,rape his mother and sisters ,kill them and go with there properties. Then you will know that government and same police you called security gave them guns
I nor even get e time. Leave am. He has had his nuts cracked for him by benevolent spirits that’s why he can talk. I nor blame am

1 Like

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by Nobody: 8:15am On May 17, 2019
johnkey:

abeg hook me up with your billionaire uncle
Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by immaculate1234(m): 8:20am On May 17, 2019
daddy001:
Will a secondary school student who is into Yahoo Yahoo also claim it's as a result of unemployment?Pls.,.I need to know

I do business so dun care neither do I justify yahoo yahoo but without Yahoo the country for go haywire I swear the poverty level is too high. I am not justifying yahoo yahoo once again.

thanks

1 Like

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by yemex04(m): 8:24am On May 17, 2019
johnkey:

And the way out is to cause other innocent people pain and agony for your own comfort? so many innocents folks have been robbed off their life savings so u and your likes can live in afluence!! Yes!Nigeria is messed up, but the legitimate way out is to keep demanding accountability from those elected into public offices...I am a youth, but contented with the little I have and to be sincere with you, I HAVE PEACE..I need not to watch my back for EFCC..no need for hiding for anyone..MAGU has spoken, if u are nabbed OYO lowa o...peace!!
Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by VivaLaFrans: 8:26am On May 17, 2019
cjudy:
Ibrahim Magu tell your useless government to create employment or empowerment for the youths.

Secondly tell your useless government and politicians to stop milk drying this country.

Thirdly, Stop Jealousy because it's the last step before witchcraft. You all are scared because Yahoo Boys are getting rich more than your kids.

What's the job of Buhari son that he's worth billions of Naira?

Have you investigated Tinubu about the Van? Or they are special yahoo guys?

Idiot
i was suprised they took the war seeious... it involves money...They are only jealous of the millions yahoo boys are making... if the apply this same energy against corrupt politicians, Nigeria will be great...

1 Like

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by opebiboy: 8:43am On May 17, 2019
rafindo:

You are the oloriburuku.stop justifying stealing all because of the poverty level in Nigeria. That how we started glorifying politician in the 80s ,this is where we are now.
thunder fire you. Street is here to stay. You are a thief yourself and a liar. You lie to make money. We will keep balling and fucking ur broke ass biitch. Jealous bastard!

2 Likes

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by opebiboy: 8:45am On May 17, 2019
BlueAir:
u think words are sweet for ur mouth? Hopefully u would be persecuted in an American court in the presence of ur victims, then I'm sure u would know u are a thief. But u can have mouth since its Nigerian incompetent courts that would judge u
but u are a thief yourself na, lying to make money. You are a liar. No honest person in this life. Jealous bastard!

1 Like

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by opebiboy: 8:49am On May 17, 2019
Bonapart:
defrauding people of what they gathered from their labour already make you a walking dead. Souless fool
they didnt labor for it, they stole it through lying. All money is dirty. No clean money

1 Like

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by celeiyke: 8:49am On May 17, 2019
This is a move to marginalize the notorious region of the people noted with this internet scam. And a fight against their Lord
Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by opebiboy: 8:52am On May 17, 2019
carlos1:

It's always called Street until ur mum is duped of her pension
nah. Mom also stole from someone during her 60yrs in life. All money is dirty. No money is clean

1 Like

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by opebiboy: 8:56am On May 17, 2019
Holuwatoobii:
An only man of a family committed suicide when he was defrauded by this bastard(yahoo boys) his mom died of depression also, and some idiats still thinks cyber-crime is the only way.
good for him and his mom. He stole from someone many years ago by lying that 100k will buy what was actually worth 35k. So you see he is also a thief. The mom cheats people where she sells tomatoes. They both deserve to die

1 Like

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by opebiboy: 8:58am On May 17, 2019
rockstar27:

BLESS U GUY. U SEE HOW SOME PEOPLE THINK, IS YAHOO YAHOO THE BEST THING FOR OUR YOUTH INSTEAD TO BE LOOKING FOR CLEAN WAY TO MAKE IT IN LIFE. DOING FRAUD CANNOT MAKE US GET OUR RIGHT FROM OUR LEADERS THEY WILL RATHER BE MOLESTING AND ENSLAVE US, WHEN THEY SEE THAT 70% OF OUR YOUTHS ARE INTO FRAUD, CAN THEY LET THE FRAUDULENT PERSON GET TO THE HIGH POST. FOR NIGERIA FUTURE IS AT RISK because WE YOUTH ARE NOT READY TO SAVE THE COUNTRY...
no clean way to make money. Money itself is fraud. Money should be abolished. Case solved

1 Like

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by mvem(m): 9:03am On May 17, 2019
johnkey:

...if lack of jobs is the cause of the Yahoo boys syndrome why are youths in poorer countries with worst economic situations compared to Nigeria not engaged in internet fraud like that of Nigeria. Some people with average paying jobs still see the yahoo fraud as lucrative, unemployment is not an excuse because there are legitimate ways to put in your IT skills e.g freelancing not Internet fraud...it's the "get rich fast mentality" that is the cause...Our government is not doing good but that shouldn't be an excuse for engaging in crime...there is no difference between internet fraud and stealing that's why they are treated as thieves anywhere in the world ...
Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by mvem(m): 9:04am On May 17, 2019
cjudy:
Ibrahim Magu tell your useless government to create employment or empowerment for the youths.

Secondly tell your useless government and politicians to stop milk drying this country.

Thirdly, Stop Jealousy because it's the last step before witchcraft. You all are scared because Yahoo Boys are getting rich more than your kids.

Idiot
....if lack of jobs is the cause of the Yahoo boys syndrome why are youths in poorer countries with worst economic situations compared to Nigeria not engaged in internet fraud like that of Nigeria. Some people with average paying jobs still see the yahoo fraud as lucrative, unemployment is not an excuse because there are legitimate ways to put in your IT skills e.g freelancing not Internet fraud...it's the "get rich fast mentality" that is the cause...Our government is not doing good but that shouldn't be an excuse for engaging in crime...there is no difference between internet fraud and stealing that's why they are treated as thieves anywhere in the world ...
Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by ayoevans6: 9:18am On May 17, 2019
cjudy:

Idiot
thanks brother efcc are all cowards its like a 30 year old man going after a 10 year old kid efcc are fraudstars too working with the biggest fraudsters like tinubu and the rest they are all blind to see the lootings done by these demons they want to show their intelligence by gooing after petti fraud case and the fellow poor massess who are suffering from this wickedness re motivating them to be blind to the major cases we will continue to suffer if we stand agains ourselves like this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Task Force Officials Attack Residents With Machetes / Four Nigerians Arrested For Forcing Girls Into Prostitution With 'Juju' In Italy / Man Stabs Wife To Death For Bearing Female Children.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.