Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,890 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die (16702 Views)

Father Of A New Baby Should Be Given Monetary Gift, Not The Mother- Nigerian Man / Man Designs Posters For Wife’s Lover; Says “stop Sleeping With My Wife Or Die On / Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by sinaj(f): 8:15pm On May 17, 2019
tolexy007:

so killing dem is d way to avoid it?
why bring forth a child only to watch him/her starve to death?

4 Likes

Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by cococandy(f): 8:15pm On May 17, 2019
Once viable, a fetus can then be called a baby.

Until then, it’s not
jnrbayano:

A fetus is not a baby? Why is fetus not a baby?

4 Likes

Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by Guest911: 8:19pm On May 17, 2019
MissRaine69:
You make something illegal ....you create business opportunities, business opportunities that are not regulated and will continue to claim lives.

With such a poor intake of contraception and no apparent attempt to address that matter .........something has got to give.
You totally get the big picture.
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by crackhaus: 8:20pm On May 17, 2019
Mindfulness:

The union of the sperm cell and the egg cell is a zygote. After two weeks, it becomes an embryo. Then it becomes a fetus.
And trust me, you don't want the fetus to develop into a baby inside a woman who hates it.
You again with your palmwine analysis..

At what point in this your timeline of events does the zygote/embryo/foetus develop a heartbeat?
This is what you should be educating ignoramuses on.

The so called anti-abortion bill is actually termed a 'Heartbeat Bill'.
The law ONLY takes effect after there is a heartbeat, before then, abort away..

So what exactly is the problem with the legislation?
Educate me, palmwine analyst.

2 Likes

Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by dhardline(m): 8:25pm On May 17, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

Let's try to see if you have something functioning between your ears, instead, of foaming at the mouth....
Are you comparing blowing a person's brain with abortion?!?! Really? I guess in your fantasy world a fœtus is breathing has a functioning brain AND a beating heart, right?!

At least if you are going to say something, make sure you bring something valid to this discussion and not arrant gibberish nonsense.

Anyone and Everyone can make a mistake, including your holier than thou self.... Are you saying that we should now Further PUNISH that person by forcing her (against her will) to have an unwanted child?!?!

Do you even know the definition of DYING?! Shouldnt you 1st LIVE before you can DIE?! I guess you were not the brightest student in your biology classes.

By all means, tell us all who is actually dying here? Are you saying that something that is NOT breathing, that has NO heartbeat, and with NO brain activity, is actually alive and can be murdered?! ... and you think there is any sense in what you are saying?!

I really feel bad for you mainly because of the way you reason for the fact that you think yourself wise and yet foolish in your understanding. It takes within 3weeks for a fetus heart to start beating,go do your findings.It takes roughly 1month for a lady to notice she's missed her period. Now do the maths. He says afetus is not alive(just unbelievable the level of ignorance in our society today) all in a bid to sound correct by conformity.
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by Guest911: 8:28pm On May 17, 2019
SOFTDRINK:

Bro,you're wasting your time by educating simple people,allow them to wallow in their ignorance and wickedness.

Murderers and their apologists will surely pay for their evil deeds.
Evil deeds? do you remember why God destroyed an entire city (Sodom and gomorrah)? Because the people commited incest, had sex with strangers etc. Do you have any idea how many women were pregnant in that city? But god destroyed the women and their unborn babies. (innocent babies right?). And somehow a girl who was raped seeking abortion is more evi?

1 Like

Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by bizzibodi(m): 8:29pm On May 17, 2019
Useless hypocrite!fkk,how many abortion has bianca & precious done for u
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 17, 2019
crackhaus:

You again with your palmwine analysis..

grin

At what point in this your timeline of events does the zygote/embryo/foetus develop a heartbeat?
This is what you should be educating ignoramuses on.

grin grin

The so called anti-abortion bill is actually termed a 'Heartbeat Bill'.
The law ONLY takes effect after there is a heartbeat, before then, abort away..

So what exactly is the problem with the legislation?
Educate me, palmwine analyst.

The law prohibits abortion before many women even know they are pregnant hence it is a forced pregnancy law and not a heartbeat bill.

The way your body is set up, you could not even give birth to a worm. So keep quiet on issues that do not concern you. grin
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by jnrbayano(m): 8:33pm On May 17, 2019
cococandy:
Once viable, a fetus can then be called a baby.

Until then, it’s not

Where did you read that from?

Fetus is a developing embrayo which is the unborn offspring of animal, human inclusive.

Embrayo is even a conception to talk of fetus
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by crackhaus: 8:41pm On May 17, 2019
Mindfulness:

grin

grin grin

The law prohibits abortion before many women even know they are pregnant hence it is a forced pregnancy law and not a heartbeat bill.

The way your body is set up, you could not even give birth to a worm. So keep quiet on issues that do not concern you. grin
I said it. Just see another palmwine analysis. grin

At what point is there a heartbeat, Doctor Mindfulness?

1 Like

Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:46pm On May 17, 2019
dhardline:

I really feel bad for you mainly because of the way you reason for the fact that you think yourself wise and yet foolish in your understanding. It takes within 3weeks for a fetus heart to start beating,go do your findings.It takes roughly 1month for a lady to notice she's missed her period. Now do the maths. He says afetus is not alive(just unbelievable the level of ignorance in our society today) all in a bid to sound correct by conformity.

It actually takes about 5weeks, but that is not the point, as you stylishly focused on ONE issue, while dismissing the 2 others associated with it (in order to be considered ALIVE)

Let me put it back here for you, so you don't pretend AGAIN that you don't know how to read:

Are you saying that something that is NOT breathing, that has NO heartbeat, and with NO brain activity, is actually alive and can be murdered?!

Focus on the THREE elements (not just ONE) I mentioned before (IMHO) you can be considered alive.

Btw if a person with a heartbeat and breathing has no brain activity, they are considered DEAD. thats because you need the THREE above elements to be considered ALIVE. Duh!

1 Like

Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by SageMK: 8:49pm On May 17, 2019
trapQ:
Everything FFK said is 100% accurate and what you said is pure trash.

Listen medical situations where a mother's life hinges on terminating a pregnancy accounts for less than 1%
of all pregnancy cases so that arguement holds no water. Infact it is so miniscule that that shouldn't even be put into consideration.

Going by your second paragraph is it safe to say that children who lack parental care, clothes, food, shelter etc should be killed?

— Embryological complications doesn't only affect the mother. There are other cases that affect the fetus eg genetical diseases and malformations. I am of the opinion that this calls for selective abortion.

— No. That is not my point. That's why I specifically stated every baby has the right to live. Please read my post again. Anyway, I consider the fetus only as a developing baby (until organogenesis is completed). Once the foetus is viable, abortion becomes murder in my opinion. Cheers. undecided
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 17, 2019
crackhaus:

I said it. Just see another palmwine analysis. grin

At what point is there a heartbeat, Doctor Mindfulness?

Not at six weeks. What's your point?
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by cyrilamx(m): 9:01pm On May 17, 2019
sinaj:
educate me on responsible sex please.

And who told you married people are left out on this?
Does the fact that some married people are culpable in the war against the defenceless unborn makes abortion morally ok? Agreed legality isnt morality, but anyone who is only concern about the pleasure he/she derives from sex without iota of thought regarding the consequences is irresponsible. For once, I am an advocate of abstinence and marital fidelity. Truth is never defined by number of its adherents rather by recourse to the Creator of Life.
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by dhardline(m): 9:12pm On May 17, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

It actually takes about 5weeks, but that is not the point, as you stylishly focused on ONE issue, while dismissing the 2 other associated with it (in order to be considered ALIVE)

Let me put it back here for you, so you don't pretend AGAIN that you don't know how to read:

Are you saying that something that is NOT breathing, that has NO heartbeat, and with NO brain activity, is actually alive and can be murdered?!

Focus on the THREE elements (not just ONE) I mentioned before (IMHO) you can be considered alive.

Btw if a person with a heartbeat and breathing has no brain activity, they are considered DEAD. thats because you need the THREE above elements to be considered ALIVE. Duh!

So a fetus has no brain activity and that is what makes it dead right. I am really tired of trying to let you see reason with me. But if you care enough go and read up on the 7characteristics of life. That is what it means to be alive and not your 3 Abi 4 point self acclaimed agenda. Shalom.
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:18pm On May 17, 2019
dhardline:

So a fetus has no brain activity and that is what makes it dead right. I am really tired of trying to let you see reason with me. But if you care enough go and read up on the 7characteristics of life. That is what it means to be alive and not your 3 Abi 4 point self acclaimed agenda. Shalom.

I do know what being alive means, do you?! I don't care about your book, I have done biology classes while growing up, and as far as I can remember, the definition of being alive hasn't changed.
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by onegig(m): 9:32pm On May 17, 2019
I honestly can't understand why it is mostly men trying to tell women what to do with their bodies. Get the fcck off and stop preaching to people. I am sure you also won't agree to getting held off from getting rid of a life altering situation if you as a a man would be the one to carry a pregnancy that could take you out. Or don't we even care about the suffering kids who maybe born with abnormalities.

Let the child of one of these hypocrites get pregnant via whatever means (rape or consensual sex ) and you would see them going undercover to ensure they get rid of the pregnancy but they would open their loud mouths in public to condemn others who have legitimate reasons for going for such.

And check well these are the same people opposed to sex education, availability of contraceptives and support counseling for young adults. Abstinence ain't the only way and you can't suppress natural habits. Just like telling a goat not to eat grass. People would have sex. It's natural. Nothing you gonna do about it.

Not everyone is a religious buff. You can't legislate people's personal freedoms based on your own religious or personal ideals. We should be leveraging ways of getting people more educated about using contraceptives or creating better alternatives like male contraceptives.

The major aim of people pushing for this bill ain't the health of the child or mother but just looking for ways of purnishing women for having sex because to an extent they are the ones that bear the personal consequences for that singular action.

5 Likes

Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by alBHAGDADI: 9:43pm On May 17, 2019
sinaj:
why bring forth a child only to watch him/her starve to death?

Why have the sex?
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by sinaj(f): 9:48pm On May 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Why have the sex?
so married people should avoid sex too coz they dont want any child?

3 Likes

Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by alBHAGDADI: 9:54pm On May 17, 2019
sinaj:
so married people should avoid sex too coz they dont want any child?

Sex is mainly for giving birth. Yes, it also served as pleasure, but having sex during when you know it can lead to pregnancy should be avoided. If you don't want a child, use protection as a couple or have sex when you k ow the woman won't get pregnant.
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by sinaj(f): 10:04pm On May 17, 2019
cyrilamx:
Does the fact that some married people are culpable in the war against the defenceless unborn makes abortion morally ok? Agreed legality isnt morality, but anyone who is only concern about the pleasure he/she derives from sex without iota of thought regarding the consequences is irresponsible. For once, I am an advocate of abstinence and marital fidelity. Truth is never defined by number of its adherents rather by recourse to the Creator of Life.
urrrgh!

1.Abortion isnt okay and jeopardise a woman's health which is why its seen as the last resort when other means of contraceptive fail.

Now before you mention condom, iud or other contraceptive, you ought to know that its not 100% effective and iud is also a silent killer.

. For once, I am an advocate of abstinence and marital fidelity.
Btw who told you that married people are left out? grin
Now would you gladly undergo a vasectomy to prevent your wife from having an abortion?
Or can you convince your wife to undergo hysterectomy after having the desirable no of kids you want?

1 Like

Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by sinaj(f): 10:09pm On May 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

Sex is mainly for giving birth. Yes, it also served as pleasure, but having sex during when you know it can lead to pregnancy should be avoided. If you don't want a child, use protection as a couple or have sex when you k ow the woman won't get pregnant.
This doesnt work for every lady, especially those that have irregular circle thats why you hear some married women referring to some of their pregnancies as a mistake, same reason you see some women having 8 or 12kids, same reason you see some women giving birth to kids with down syndrome.

Mind you, Im not an advocate for abortion, neither do I like or encourage it.
But that doesnt mean I will have to speak against it or judge people that do it just because I dont like it.

Let us learn to respect people's choice or way of life so far it doesnt affect negatively.

3 Likes

Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by alBHAGDADI: 10:19pm On May 17, 2019
sinaj:

This doesnt work for every lady, especially those that have irregular circle thats why you hear some married women referring to some of their pregnancies as a mistake, same reason you see some women having 8 or 12kids, same reason you see some women giving birth to kids with down syndrome.

Mind you, Im not an advocate for abortion, neither do I like or encourage it.
But that doesnt mean I will have to speak against it or judge people that do it just because I dont like it.

Let us learn to respect people's choice or way of life so far it doesnt affect negatively.

If you don't want a baby and you think having sex can result in a mistake pregnancy, then don't have sex, regardless of whether you are married or not. You don't want people to take responsibility for their actions, that's why you think they can keep killing the babies while they enjoy sex.
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 17, 2019
It's my body so I make the rules... if you don't like it.... your options are endless grin

That's my reply to men who think they can decide for a woman. It's always 1 dumb man and his God undecided

3 Likes

Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by cococandy(f): 11:16pm On May 17, 2019
Keyword. Developing embryo.

Not a baby. Doesn’t have life of it’s own. So not a living thing yet . However It’s becoming a living thing. When it can live on its own, then it’s a living thing.

A human embryo is not a baby. It’s working on becoming one. Until then..

Any other argument is purely emotional.

jnrbayano:

Where did you read that from?

Fetus is a developing embrayo which is the unborn offspring of animal, human inclusive.

Embrayo is even a conception to talk of fetus
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by Ugee12: 11:26pm On May 17, 2019
The worst part is that its these stupid hypocritical men like this idiotic FFK that would always carry this matter on their heads. If you are not a woman,you have no right whatsoever to tell a woman what to do with her body and any human growing in her especially for single ladies. Married women can ask their husbands before they even think of doing such. And as for those stupid guys who have in one way or the other supported abortion by giving money to the girl or denying the pregnancy are the worst sinners and the real killers. And 90% Nigerian men are guilty of this. You shall all account for your sins and burn in hell for killing those babies.
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by sinaj(f): 11:43pm On May 17, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

If you don't want a baby and you think having sex can result in a mistake pregnancy, then don't have sex, regardless of whether you are married or not. You don't want people to take responsibility for their actions, that's why you think they can keep killing the babies while they enjoy sex.
Funny!

Goodnight dear
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by crackhaus: 12:07am On May 18, 2019
Mindfulness:

Not at six weeks. What's your point?
Really? You still don't see my point?

Come on, you can do better. grin
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by crackhaus: 12:42am On May 18, 2019
Guest007:
It's my body so I make the rules... if you don't like it.... your options are endless grin

That's my reply to men who think they can decide for a woman. It's always 1 dumb man and his God undecided

onegig:
I honestly can't understand why it is mostly men trying to tell women what to do with their bodies. Get the fcck off and stop preaching to people. I am sure you also won't agree to getting held off from getting rid of a life altering situation if you as a a man would be the one to carry a pregnancy that could take you out. Or don't we even care about the suffering kids who maybe born with abnormalities

Ugee12:
The worst part is that its these stupid hypocritical men like this idiotic FFK that would always carry this matter on their heads. If you are not a woman,you have no right whatsoever to tell a woman what to do with her body and any human growing in her especially for single ladies. Married women can ask their husbands before they even think of doing such. And as for those stupid guys who have in one way or the other supported abortion by giving money to the girl or denying the pregnancy are the worst sinners and the real killers. And 90% Nigerian men are guilty of this. You shall all account for your sins and burn in hell for killing those babies.

See them, na dem... Always dropping comments without having the complete information.

1. The Governor of Alabama signed into law the most restrictive anti-abortion legislation in the history of the United States.
Do I need to tell you the gender of Kay Ivey, Governor of Alabama? cheesy

2. There are three women currently serving on the United States supreme court.
Do I need to tell you that for 'Roe V. Wade' to be overturned, their votes will contribute to it? cheesy

Some of you just need to quit being organic by simply repeating anything you read or hear when you actually don't have a clue.

Men this, men that... Yikes!

2 Likes

Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by Nobody: 12:46am On May 18, 2019
crackhaus:

See them, na dem... Always dropping comments without having the complete information.

1. The Governor of Alabama signed into law the most restrictive anti-abortion legislation in the history of the United States.
Do I need to tell you the gender of Kay Ivey, Governor of Alabama? cheesy

2. There are three women currently serving on the United States supreme court.
Do I need to tell you that for 'Roe V. Wade' to be overturned, their votes will contribute to it? cheesy

Some of you just need to quit being organic by simply repeating anything you read or hear when you actually don't have a clue.

Men this, men that... Yikes!

I will consider myself in the latter and I won't bother answering THIS MAN tongue
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by davillian(m): 12:54am On May 18, 2019
America is trying to increase their population this one is talking nonsense.
Our population here needs to be reduced, abortion, after sex pills, condoms, etc should be free
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by crackhaus: 12:59am On May 18, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

I do know what being alive means, do you?! I don't care about your book, I have done biology classes while growing up, and as far as I can remember, the definition of being alive hasn't changed.
Oga, the life of every living thing is in the blood. Blood is pumped from the heart.
Without a heartbeat, there is no life.

'Heartbeat Bill' is what this legislation is called.
Once there is a heartbeat, anything done that ends that life, is murder.
The exceptions to enforcing this law are for health reasons, etc etc..

Anyone wishing to have an abortion has until there's a heartbeat, to have it done and not be found committing a criminal offense in the states that have passed it into law. Anything after that, it's murder.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance / Parenting In The Digital Age / Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.