Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,693 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die (16701 Views)

Father Of A New Baby Should Be Given Monetary Gift, Not The Mother- Nigerian Man / Man Designs Posters For Wife’s Lover; Says “stop Sleeping With My Wife Or Die On / Thoughts On Abortion! Will You Do It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by crackhaus: 1:00am On May 18, 2019
Guest007:

I will consider myself in the latter and I won't bother answering THIS MAN tongue
You are among the 'some', so you must answer. cheesy
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:36am On May 18, 2019
crackhaus:

Oga, the life of every living thing is in the blood. Blood is pumped from the heart.
Without a heartbeat, there is no life.

'Heartbeat Bill' is what this legislation is called.
Once there is a heartbeat, anything done that ends that life, is murder.
The exceptions to enforcing this law are for health reasons, etc etc..

Anyone wishing to have an abortion has until there's a heartbeat, to have it done and not be found committing a criminal offense in the states that have passed it into law. Anything after that, it's murder.

I guess we are about to be flooded with quack doc stories that touches the heart... Oh well!
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by cyrilamx(m): 3:27am On May 18, 2019
sinaj:
urrrgh!

1.Abortion isnt okay and jeopardise a woman's health which is why its seen as the last resort when other means of contraceptive fail.

Now before you mention condom, iud or other contraceptive, you ought to know that its not 100% effective and iud is also a silent killer.

. For once, I am an advocate of abstinence and marital fidelity.
Btw who told you that married people are left out? grin
Now would you gladly undergo a vasectomy to prevent your wife from having an abortion?
Or can you convince your wife to undergo hysterectomy after having the desirable no of kids you want?

However you try to excuse abortion, it still remains a declare war on the unborn. Will you kill a child in ur womb simply because u not ready to become a mother but yet indulges in the act of procreation? Like I opine, majority of abortion are pleasure related...irresponsible sexual behaviour. Even if married women are involved, it doesnt excuse it in the eyes of faith. legally, they re on track but before the eyes of the Unseen creator, it is an evil which has its roots in lack of self control as 70 per cent of procured abortion are by unmarried people.

It is only a wicked heart that will refuse to see ultrasound of the baby in womb simply cos she wants to do as she pleases. No matter The medical terms u pull across to justify abortion, it is the killing of a human being who ought to be defended at all cost. You might be looking at it from the secular angle, but as a Christian I remain an apologist against abortion. On that day, many will be confronted with souls they deprived of Life because of pleasure. that is my take.

1 Like

Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by KevinDein: 5:36am On May 18, 2019
Ugee12:
The worst part is that its these stupid hypocritical men like this idiotic FFK that would always carry this matter on their heads. If you are not a woman,you have no right whatsoever to tell a wo
Guest007 post=78482239:
It's my body so I make the rules... if you don't like it.... your options are endless grin

That's my reply to men who think they can decide for a woman. It's always 1 dumb man and his God undecided
man what to do with her body and any human growing in her especially for single ladies. Married women can ask their husbands before they even think of doing such. And as for those stupid guys who have in one way or the other supported abortion by giving money to the girl or denying the pregnancy are the worst sinners and the real killers. And 90% Nigerian men are guilty of this. You shall all account for your sins and burn in hell for killing those babies.
grin

Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by KevinDein: 5:40am On May 18, 2019
onegig:
I honestly can't understand why it is mostly men trying to tell women what to do with their bodies. Get the fcck off and stop preaching to people. I am sure you also won't agree to getting held off from getting rid of a life altering situation if you as a a man would be the one to carry a pregnancy that could take you out. Or don't we even care about the suffering kids who maybe born with abnormalities.

Let the child of one of these hypocrites get pregnant via whatever means (rape or consensual sex ) and you would see them going undercover to ensure they get rid of the pregnancy but they would open their loud mouths in public to condemn others who have legitimate reasons for going for such.

And check well these are the same people opposed to sex education, availability of contraceptives and support counseling for young adults. Abstinence ain't the only way and you can't suppress natural habits. Just like telling a goat not to eat grass. People would have sex. It's natural. Nothing you gonna do about it.

Not everyone is a religious buff. You can't legislate people's personal freedoms based on your own religious or personal ideals. We should be leveraging ways of getting people more educated about using contraceptives or creating better alternatives like male contraceptives.

The major aim of people pushing for this bill ain't the health of the child or mother but just looking for ways of purnishing women for having sex because to an extent they are the ones that bear the personal consequences for that singular action.

grin grin

Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by onegig(m): 5:43am On May 18, 2019
crackhaus:

See them, na dem... Always dropping comments without having the complete information.

1. The Governor of Alabama signed into law the most restrictive anti-abortion legislation in the history of the United States.
Do I need to tell you the gender of Kay Ivey, Governor of Alabama? cheesy

2. There are three women currently serving on the United States supreme court.
Do I need to tell you that for 'Roe V. Wade' to be overturned, their votes will contribute to it? cheesy

Some of you just need to quit being organic by simply repeating anything you read or hear when you actually don't have a clue.

Men this, men that... Yikes!

I know it won't go beyond your to nitpick posts and take things out of context. You need to calm down and look at the bigger picture . I am male by the way so that throws a lot of your opinions out of the window.

Since you don't even have a clue let me break this down for you. The Alabama Gov is a woman but this is a legislation coming from the state legislators. Also my earlier post is a response to worldwide movement by governments trying to legislate people's personal freedoms. In your miniscule mind you can't process the wider picture that world over men control most positions of power nay some few exceptions.

As a matter of fact 85% of Alabama's state legislators are males. I am sure if there were a balance to this or if the males were more sensible they would have considered calling women groups into the discussions before legislsting over their lives. So please mechionu. I won't be doing a back and forth with you.

My point still stands . Why is there is a great proportion of men trying to legislate over a woman's body and what she does with it?

2 Likes

Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by KevinDein: 7:59am On May 18, 2019
"It's her body". They say it like it's a woman's toe nail, her hair, that can easily be cut off. It's a living being we are talking about here you immoral, liberal wannabes.

1 Like

Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by jnrbayano(m): 8:24am On May 18, 2019
cococandy:
Keyword. Developing embryo.

Not a baby. Doesn’t have life of it’s own. So not a living thing yet . However It’s becoming a living thing. When it can live on its own, then it’s a living thing.

A human embryo is not a baby. It’s working on becoming one. Until then..

Any other argument is purely emotional.

Conception is when life begins make no mistakes about it.

Keyword: Unborn Offspring of human not developing embrayo.

Human life is a developmental process. Nothing key in it

It's very amazing what I just read. I ask again, where are you reading this from?
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by crackhaus: 8:59am On May 18, 2019
onegig:

I know it won't go beyond your to nitpick posts and take things out of context. You need to calm down and look at the bigger picture . I am male by the way so that throws a lot of your opinions out of the window.

Since you don't even have a clue let me break this down for you. The Alabama Gov is a woman but this is a legislation coming from the state legislators. Also my earlier post is a response to worldwide movement by governments trying to legislate people's personal freedoms. In your miniscule mind you can't process the wider picture that world over men control most positions of power nay some few exceptions.

As a matter of fact 85% of Alabama's state legislators are males. I am sure if there were a balance to this or if the males were more sensible they would have considered calling women groups into the discussions before legislsting over their lives. So please mechionu. I won't be doing a back and forth with you.

My point still stands . Why is there is a great proportion of men trying to legislate over a woman's body and what she does with it?
You're still not seeing why I referred to you and anyone asking questions like this as clueless.
You're taking the conversation back at least 100years when you insinuate things like this. This is 2019, not the 1800s. Women representation is substantial.

Lawmakers(male and female) do not just wake up one morning to come up with bills to pass into law.
There is a process - town hall meetings with constituents have been held, focus groups have been called at different levels. In these gatherings, women from the grassroots are substantially represented along with men and they have conversations with their representatives. There is usually a consensus before these representatives take it to their respective state houses for deliberation.
There is no such thing as "men" making laws in 2019, and this is why I called you clueless because you dont have the complete information.

The conversation among lawmakers and political commentators at this point is NOT which gender is making the laws, that's a silly argument to even come up with. The conversation/debate now is about deciding what constitutes LIFE.
Talk about that first and decide when a developing foetus is said to be alive. After that, you then go back to basic criminal law which states that anyone who takes the life of another is a murderer. This is how you know someone who is speaking knowledgeably.

You can't just yap about how it's men making laws over women, when no one hears you people complaining about the laws that force men to pay child support for children they don't want (ain't it still men who made those laws if we are to follow your thinking?) cheesy
Women have a right to do what they want with their bodies, but men don't have a right to do what they want with their money.
This is exactly the problem WE have with most of you so called 'progressive' liberals - your brains go off and come on at will, depending on if the conversation offends you or excites you.
Which is why once you run out of steam, you resort to playing the gender card forgetting that issues like this are more about political ideologies rather than gender.

The Republicans are more pro-life & supportive of anti-abortion legislation, and they have a substantial female representation. The Democrats are more liberal & pro-choice, yet have men. So what are you even talking about at the end of the day?

2 Likes

Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by crackhaus: 9:20am On May 18, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

I guess we are about to be flooded with quack doc stories that touches the heart... Oh well!
Lmao.. Maybe..

But even qualified doctors are known to encounter complications when performing abortions.
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by crackhaus: 9:22am On May 18, 2019
jnrbayano:

It's very amazing what I just read. I ask again, where are you reading this from?
Actually, life begins when the heart starts beating and ends when there is no more heartbeat.
Which is why you can only say a person is dead when he/she flat-lines or has no heartbeat, not when they stop breathing. Vice versa, life begins when the heart starts pumping blood.
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by crackhaus: 9:31am On May 18, 2019
KevinDein:

"It's her body". They say it like it's a woman's toe nail, her hair, that can easily be cut off. It's a living being we are talking about here you immoral, liberal wannabes.
gringrin
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by jnrbayano(m): 10:34am On May 18, 2019
crackhaus:

Actually, life begins when the heart starts beating and ends when there is no more heartbeat.
Which is why you can only say a person is dead when he/she flat-lines or has no heartbeat, not when they stop breathing. Vice versa, life begins when the heart starts pumping blood.

Okay

What stage in the development does heart start to pump?
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by Nobody: 11:25am On May 18, 2019
KevinDein:

Go and post some pictures with big letters and spelling mistakes Pope Francis. grin
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by Nobody: 11:28am On May 18, 2019
cyrilamx:
Almajiri and abortion will be avoided if they have a responsible sexual behaviour. Many indulge in irresponsible sex and then go worse by destroying the outcome of such act. Abstinence and fidelity in marital act is the key and not pushing for satanic act of abortion.

If they are so irresponsible, how can they take responsibility for children?
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by kingtinnie(m): 11:40am On May 18, 2019
So the solution to the almajiri children is having them killed
sinaj:
You guys complain of almajiri children scattered all over the country and still complain when women try to avoid it as if you will fend for kids after she put to bed.

Better still create an incubator for foetus if women have no right to decide whether they live
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by KevinDein: 11:53am On May 18, 2019
Mindfulness:

Go and post some pictures with big letters and spelling mistakes Pope Francis. grin

Don't you have some innocent babies to murder, ma'am? grin
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 18, 2019
KevinDein:

Don't you have some innocent babies to murder, ma'am? grin

I can eat yours alive Mr Morality. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by crackhaus: 3:17pm On May 18, 2019
jnrbayano:

Okay

What stage in the development does heart start to pump?
That is the real debate.

It happens in the first trimester.
Some more restrictive anti-abortion legislation banned abortion from six weeks, meaning by their own understanding, there's a heartbeat (life) at six weeks. However, there is still a debate on this because what can be detected at six weeks is just a fetal heartbeat (electrical signals, not actual pumping).

As a result, some states that are not so restrictive are pushing to extend the number of weeks before a ban takes effect.
Missouri is one example of such states, the Governor signed into law an anti-abortion legislation that makes abortion illegal only from eight weeks(2 months) & above.
According to doctors, the heart itself is mostly formed at eight weeks and is pumping blood. I don't know if that's what contributed to Missouri's legislation, but I'm just providing context.

2 Likes

Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:43pm On May 18, 2019
crackhaus:

Lmao.. Maybe..
But even qualified doctors are known to encounter complications when performing abortions.

True, but The sad reality is that... Forcing women to have unwanted children will only be the beginning of something much worse than medical complications.
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by rhektor(m): 5:18pm On May 18, 2019
onegig:
I honestly can't understand why it is mostly men trying to tell women what to do with their bodies. Get the fcck off and stop preaching to people. I am sure you also won't agree to getting held off from getting rid of a life altering situation if you as a a man would be the one to carry a pregnancy that could take you out. Or don't we even care about the suffering kids who maybe born with abnormalities.

Let the child of one of these hypocrites get pregnant via whatever means (rape or consensual sex ) and you would see them going undercover to ensure they get rid of the pregnancy but they would open their loud mouths in public to condemn others who have legitimate reasons for going for such.

And check well these are the same people opposed to sex education, availability of contraceptives and support counseling for young adults. Abstinence ain't the only way and you can't suppress natural habits. Just like telling a goat not to eat grass. People would have sex. It's natural. Nothing you gonna do about it.

Not everyone is a religious buff. You can't legislate people's personal freedoms based on your own religious or personal ideals. We should be leveraging ways of getting people more educated about using contraceptives or creating better alternatives like male contraceptives.

The major aim of people pushing for this bill ain't the health of the child or mother but just looking for ways of purnishing women for having sex because to an extent they are the ones that bear the personal consequences for that singular action.

Let me not go the way of a religious dogma.

Now let me ask you if taking the life of others seems right or wrong to you once you answer this then we can start logical discussions on it else this your write up is a bag of trash

1 Like

Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by cococandy(f): 10:48pm On May 18, 2019
What’s a living thing?

And can an embryo live on it’s own based on the definition of a living thing?
jnrbayano:

Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by Ugee12: 2:10am On May 29, 2019
crackhaus:

See them, na dem... Always dropping comments without having the complete information.

1. The Governor of Alabama signed into law the most restrictive anti-abortion legislation in the history of the United States.
Do I need to tell you the gender of Kay Ivey, Governor of Alabama? cheesy

2. There are three women currently serving on the United States supreme court.
Do I need to tell you that for 'Roe V. Wade' to be overturned, their votes will contribute to it? cheesy

Some of you just need to quit being organic by simply repeating anything you read or hear when you actually don't have a clue.
Men this, men that... Yikes!
Carry your USA laws and get lost as I don't live there but only speak of the country in which I know their laws and have lived in. Please go and lay your complaints to those authorities you speak of. I am not them neither do i reside in the USA. Must you quote me?? Can't you make a separate comment by yourself?? Rubbish.
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by crackhaus: 4:45am On May 29, 2019
Ugee12:

Carry your USA laws and get lost as I don't live there but only speak of the country in which I know their laws and have lived in. Please go and lay your complaints to those authorities you speak of. I am not them neither do i reside in the USA. Must you quote me?? Can't you make a separate comment by yourself?? Rubbish.
Mumu, you seem constipated... cheesy

The topic you commented on was about laws made in the US, FFK was only weighing in on it via his tweet.

Former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, FFK, has in an anti-abortion tweet stated that mothers do not have the right to decide whether a baby should live or die.

The tweet is coming at a time where there’s a huge debate in America after some States passed anti-abortion laws.

The most recent is the State of Alabama where Governor Kay Ivey signed that even a rape and incest victim can’t abort pregnancy.

So you know nothing about laws in the US and you still dropped your ignorant comment about men making laws - then when you get schooled, instead of you to be thanking your teacher like the clueless student you are, you're venting and exposing your frustrations. grin
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by Ugee12: 9:50am On May 30, 2019
crackhaus:

Mumu, you seem constipated... cheesy

The topic you commented on was about laws made in the US, FFK was only weighing in on it via his tweet.

So you know nothing about laws in the US and you still dropped your ignorant comment about men making laws - then when you get schooled, instead of you to be thanking your teacher like the clueless student you are, you're venting and exposing your frustrations. grin

You are the one who is just showcasing your stupidity here. This is nairaland where most people have never been to the united States. What does your useless FFK know about USA laws?? Is he a citizen or based in the United States?? You fool someone else made that comment about men making laws. Are you confused or just plain stupid Just get lost and seek help. The fact still remains you can't tell a woman what to do with her body. You are obviously a pained idiot who can't afford to pay his child's bills after getting his mother pregnant and she refused to abort it. If you don't like it,then go and die.

1 Like

Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by crackhaus: 10:54am On May 30, 2019
Ugee12:

You are the one who is just showcasing your stupidity here. This is nairaland where most people have never been to the united States. What does your useless FFK know about USA laws?? Is he a citizen or based in the United States?? You fool someone else made that comment about men making laws. Are you confused or just plain stupid Just get lost and seek help. The fact still remains you can't tell a woman what to do with her body. You are obviously a pained idiot who can't afford to pay his child's bills after getting his mother pregnant and she refused to abort it. If you don't like it,then go and die.
cheesycheesy

Amateur.. grin

2 Likes

Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by Ugee12: 4:39pm On Jun 03, 2019
crackhaus:

cheesycheesy

Amateur.. grin
Expert fool
Re: FFK On Abortion: Mother's Can't Decide Whether A Baby Should Live Or Die by bukatyne(f): 9:36pm On Jun 03, 2019
Hmmmmm.

A woman trying to conceive would enjoice at the implantation of an embryo whether theoretically alive or not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dealing With A Football-Addicted Fiance / Parenting In The Digital Age / Why Are People Not Respecting The Sanctity Of Marriage Anymore?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.