Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) (19380 Views)

The Beauty Of Southern Nigeria Shocked Me! (video) / Beautiful Roads In Villages In Akwa Ibom State (Pictures) / Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) by ChristianNorth: 2:28pm On May 18, 2019
IkpuMmadu:
This is the real oshogbo
Ignore the imp, he is a yoruba moslem. They are naturally stupid, most of them.

4 Likes

Re: The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 18, 2019
Nigeria we are one!
United we stand.
Divided we fall
One love

1 Like

Re: The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) by kernel01: 2:32pm On May 18, 2019
KingOfallOsu:

Lagos may not be perfect, but it is not a tragedy if you get the money.

At least it is making a little effort

Umm... People are celebrating infrastructures in there villages, and you're bringing Lagos, a hand work of FG. Let's see what your village, without government efforts looks like.

5 Likes

Re: The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) by dokyOloye: 2:37pm On May 18, 2019
eelbay:
Nigeria we are one!
United we stand.
Divided we fall
One love
You and who? grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 18, 2019
Wow nice thread. This is what I learn from it.

Igboland is small but has beautiful environment, I love that.

Yorubaland is big but they need good development to grow, it's looks like Lagos and Ibadan is the only good place there.

4 Likes

Re: The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 18, 2019
Post more pictures, I'm hungry.

I love igbos and Yorubas and I'm Edo(Benin) let's stop fighting each other

3 Likes

Re: The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 18, 2019
I think it's hard developing a very big state like the ones we've in Yorubaland.

A governor can easily develop a state in south east, that's what I've learn
Re: The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) by Ttipsy(f): 2:47pm On May 18, 2019
pls let stop the comparison, Nigeria is beautiful no doubt
Re: The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 18, 2019
Beautiful pictures.

Igbos should stop that brown roof comparison. It's a sign of civilisation.
Re: The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) by Ttipsy(f): 2:50pm On May 18, 2019
Donmedra:
I think it's hard developing a very big state like the ones we've in Yorubaland.

A governor can easily develop a state in south east, that's what I've learn
No, not that. Igbos are resilient, and hardworking people. I was surprised @ what I saw in my village last Christmas. Honestly I was impressed!!

3 Likes

Re: The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) by googi: 3:18pm On May 18, 2019
Many of you guys from all sides are crazy.

There are estates developed for a few by a few. Most of the people that can afford them are elites, drug dealers, 419s and Diasporians.

Until you guys realize that development is providing decent housing, schools, hospitals supported by jobs and industrial estates for the common people to patronize small businesses, you will be comparing agbalumo and mango forever.

When most people are comfortable, come back and brag about villages and towns.

Actually, our beautiful cities are in the past not present. Excursions by secondary school students in those days to Port Harcourt, Enugun, Benin, Ondo, Ibadan, Kaduna, Jos and looking at villages in between. You would see people in villages and children before going to school cleaning their surroundings.

Happy people! Today you guys are comparing cement blocks. The last place I saw old Nigeria was in the West Indian islands.

Believe it or not, they still keep most of their British cement blocks in shape, well maintained. When you build on what you have, you have modern town and villages.

You people are flooded with money but remain the poorest on Earth.

4 Likes

Re: The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) by ChristianNorth: 3:19pm On May 18, 2019
Remove bad road from SE and you would see resilience in all its glory.
Good will punish all the stupid leaders.

6 Likes

Re: The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) by archangel1(m): 3:41pm On May 18, 2019
horsepower101:
When I was growing up, I always hear people say Abiriba village is a small London.

Seeing is believing. I think Abiriba is the most beautiful village in whole of west Africa.

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg6iCSFQH7M
this is one of the best topic I have ever seen on Nairaland. keep it up.
it is unfortunate that Yoruba apologetics infested this thread showcasing their capital and commercial cities without any showing a any singular village from southwest with such aesthetic splendour like the ones coming out from the Igboland.

4 Likes

Re: The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) by archangel1(m): 3:44pm On May 18, 2019
googi:

Many of you guys from all sides are crazy.

There are estates developed for a few by a few. Most of the people that can afford them are elites, drug dealers, 419s and Diasporians.

Until you guys realize that development is providing decent housing, schools, hospitals supported by jobs and industrial estates for the common people to patronize small businesses, you will be comparing agbalumo and mango forever.

When most people are comfortable, come back and brag about villages and towns.

Actually, our beautiful cities are in the past not present. Excursions by secondary school students in those days to Port Harcourt, Enugun, Benin, Ondo, Ibadan, Kaduna, Jos and looking at villages in between. You would see people in villages and children before going to school cleaning their surroundings.

Happy people! Today you guys are comparing cement blocks. The last place I saw old Nigeria was in the West Indian islands.

Believe it or not, they still keep most of their British cement blocks in shape, well maintained. When you build on what you have, you have modern town and villages.

You people are flooded with money but remain the poorest on Earth.
which type you built so that we can follow suit?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) by Mekenz(m): 3:44pm On May 18, 2019
mrNEMZY:
OP, you should see Udi town, Agbudu, Obinagu, in fact all villages in Udi local government Enugu state.

It's a pity that the media have deceived people into thinking that Igbos only develope other places. Igbo villages are constantly being developed by umu igbo from roads to houses to water supply, no one waits on the government.
you are right bro to to frank, iam a native of obinagu UDI, whenever my friends pay's me a visit, they always admire my villa,Tared roads everywhere with beautiful houses everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) by archangel1(m): 3:46pm On May 18, 2019
Donmedra:

Yorubaland is big but they need good development to grow, it's looks like Lagos and Ibadan is the only good place there.

an waiting for one person to post one village from southwest

1 Like

Re: The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) by Xander85: 3:55pm On May 18, 2019
ChristianNorth:
Remove bad road from SE and you would see resilience in all its glory.

Good will punish all the stupid leaders.

Leadership....or rather lack of it, has always been our problem! That, coupled with having to operate in a political-economy that’s anti-Igbo!

2 Likes

Re: The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) by mrNEMZY(m): 3:56pm On May 18, 2019
Mekenz:
you are right bro to to frank, iam a native of obinagu UDI, whenever my friends pay's me a visit, they always admire my villa,Tared roads everywhere with beautiful houses everywhere.

Unem nwoke ndii?
Re: The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) by Xander85: 4:00pm On May 18, 2019
Am i the only one finding it a bit annoying when all these kinsfolk say that you need to come and see their own villa’...that it’s da bomb, and the likes of Abiriba can’t hold a candle to it!? sad

I guess we’ll just have to take their word for it since they couldn’t be assed to take any pics/videos and upload!

1 Like

Re: The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) by Strikethem: 4:02pm On May 18, 2019
Donmedra:

Visit Akure

4 Likes

Re: The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) by archangel1(m): 4:04pm On May 18, 2019
villages to visit in Anambra state; Littleway obosi, Ichida,
Awka-Etiti, Osumenyi, Oraukwu,

Uga(Andy Uba and bros)

Neni(Mikel obi, young shall grow,tonimas,etc) These places are mini Paris and London . I deliberately excluded Nnewi becos of its industrial and commercial status.

2 Likes

Re: The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) by archangel1(m): 4:08pm On May 18, 2019
Strikethem:
Visit Akure
Akure is capital city. olodo. name one rural village in Yoruba land. only one.

3 Likes

Re: The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) by Arda1000(m): 4:12pm On May 18, 2019
KingOfallOsu:

You Igbo are very funny lol, but we are not the one migrating in drove to go and live and work in South East. Even Ibadan is not your mate, Ibadan is still more developed than Entire South East.

Ondo still have more Oil than Entire South East

You guys are just pain losers cheesy

This is still Ibadan
Jesus even Abakaliki can beat this ugly scene u posted here

1 Like

Re: The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) by Arda1000(m): 4:15pm On May 18, 2019
KingOfallOsu:

You sound like a typical Igbo loser

You just admitted that the Money is in Lagos and Yoruba Land while your region is damned and cursed and full of poverty cheesy

This is Aba

South East is the most backward region in Nigeria
circulating old pix will not help ur ministry at all

1 Like

Re: The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) by IkpuMmadu: 4:16pm On May 18, 2019
eelbay:
Nigeria we are one!
United we stand.
Divided we fall
One love

You and who is one? Just asking

3 Likes

Re: The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) by Strikethem: 4:16pm On May 18, 2019
archangel1:
Akure is capital city. olodo. name one rural village in Yoruba land. only one.
Visit my village. ODA land. I do not need to shout.

1 Like

Re: The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) by IkpuMmadu: 4:18pm On May 18, 2019
Donmedra:

Lagos is 70% slum! I know this city in and out ..as of Ibadan ! That place has the biggest slum in African....UN habitat

So what else

1 Like

Re: The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) by Strikethem: 4:19pm On May 18, 2019
Arda1000:
Jesus even Abakaliki can beat this ugly scene u posted here
Which pof thew abakalikiu
Re: The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) by Strikethem: 4:22pm On May 18, 2019
IkpuMmadu:

Lagos is 70% slum! I know this city in and out ..as of Ibadan ! That place has the biggest slum in African....UN habitat

So what else
Which one dirty most for Africa according to WHO

3 Likes

Re: The beauty of Igbo villages (post your village pics) by IkpuMmadu: 4:23pm On May 18, 2019
horsepower101:

Just download google earth on your phone and zoom into Lagos. That’s when you will realize that that majority of it is a slum. They keep showing same pictures of a particular section that looks developed.

I don't need to download, I stay in Lagos and the place sucks ! Slum everywhere from iponri to Masha , from Mile 2 to iyana Oba , from Iyana Isashi to Iyana school, from Abule Ado to Abule from Egbeda to Idimu from Ketu to Alapere all junk yards even the island go to omila Obalende And see shít

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sleeping Driver Rams Into Truck, Kills 5, Injures 12 On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway / Tanker Carrying Flour Falls On Lagos-ibadan Expressway (photos) / Lagos Govt Announces Traffic Diversion In Yaba, Ojuelegba, Mushin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.