Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,307 members, 7,811,916 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts (13092 Views)

Pretty UNIPORT Student Commits Suicide After Long Battle With Depression / Some Education On Dealing With Snake Bites / Steps To Check Your Matric Number On JAMB Matriculation List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by timifakay(m): 7:33am On May 18, 2019
Blogsphere:
The rate of depression and suicide has been on the rise in Nigeria in the last few years. Suicide has now become a way out of the challenges of life. No one can truly understand the feeling, and for those that have the thoughts, it can be very difficult to deal with.

4. Seek religious help

Churches, mosques, or any religious house often offer counseling and help in these situations. If you are religious, reach out to your pastor, imam, guru, etc., let them help you .

Nigerian Suicide Prevention Initiative hotlines – 08062106493, 08092106493

SOURCE: https://www.inoutnaija.com/2019/05/these-are-steps-to-take-in-dealing-with.html

c

What if religion contributed to the cause of the thoughts?

3 Likes

Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by stanliwise(m): 7:33am On May 18, 2019
Gospeltruth02:
What gets me through it every time, is remembering that I’ll be leaving more pains for the few people who love me especially being the only child of the house... And also to disappoint those who are patiently waiting for my downfall. I won’t hand them that in a plater of gold. They need to do more...
You may need a professional counsellor to help you heal faster bro.
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by stanliwise(m): 7:34am On May 18, 2019
timifakay:

What if religion contributed to the cause of the thoughts?
haba how na?
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by stanliwise(m): 7:35am On May 18, 2019
lonelydora:
How true is this?

I heard there is a suicide Whatsapp group and there is an Admin instructing people on how to take their lives.

If this is true, then Nigeria is really a sh*thole
Guy what kinda question is this, why did you keep things like this in your head, or is your head the shithole instead?
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by seedsower(m): 7:35am On May 18, 2019
Heylius:
The only way na to make money bro.. Person wey no get money go dey depressed die.

Oga the rich are more depressed than the poor. Walahi fa

1 Like

Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by Austine567(m): 7:35am On May 18, 2019
why am I even weak to read this post sef? I hope it's not the spirit of...................
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by clive2u(m): 7:37am On May 18, 2019
11. Get a good sex, its calms you

2 Likes

Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by stanliwise(m): 7:40am On May 18, 2019
Karleb:
I do not see anything wrong with taking alcohol when you are depressed, people take it when they are sad. But the drugs? That's a no!
Alcohol is only a suppressant, victims over time would depend on it for continuous suppression which often times worsen the issue as it takes money off from them especially the poor ones which poverty caused their depression. also it deteriorate their health conditions, if they do it for a long time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by lomprico(m): 7:40am On May 18, 2019
I hope buhari is happy now! angry

1 Like

Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by Nobody: 7:41am On May 18, 2019
helinues:
Depression is only accumulated of undone tasks/unresolved problems. People who always run away from their problems/responsibilities have high % of getting depressed.

Suicidal thoughts came when the subconscious mind already finalised about no solutions/ or possible ways to solve all the problems .

True talk
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by Nobody: 7:41am On May 18, 2019
helinues:
Depression is only accumulated of undone tasks/unresolved problems. People who always run away from their problems/responsibilities have high % of getting depressed.

Suicidal thoughts came when the subconscious mind already finalised about no solutions/ or possible ways to solve all the problems .

True talk
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by fasho01(m): 7:42am On May 18, 2019
Gospeltruth02:
What gets me through it every time, is remembering that I’ll be leaving more pains for the few people who love me especially being the only child of the house... And also to disappoint those who are patiently waiting for my downfall. I won’t hand them that in a plater of gold. They need to do more...

This is a good enough reason indeed
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by RiyadhGoddess(f): 7:42am On May 18, 2019
Hey Sweeties, Yes You! You are not a failure trust me! You are more powerful than you think. You are powerful than the circumstances around you. You are powerful than your environment. You just need to KNOW who you are. The moment you know who you are, the struggles ends and what happens next is the manifestation of the real super you. Oh dear Lord, remove the veil covering our eyes. Help your children to know who they are.

1 Like

Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by Kennitrust(m): 7:45am On May 18, 2019
Lol

Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by Nobody: 7:51am On May 18, 2019
Suicide is never an option. People should learn to voice out when they are in distress and find help before it leads to something else.

Meanwhile I need a job. Somebody please help a brother out. Staying at home week after week with nowhere to go is tiring. Plz help me.
https://www.nairaland.com/5193634/brother-out
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by Nobody: 7:52am On May 18, 2019
I feel like I should join the suicide train and cut this chase called life sad

Weed helps but not a lot
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by Nobody: 7:55am On May 18, 2019
Depression is the symptoms, you need to deal with the issue at hand. Things like guilt, shame and fear cause depression so tackle the problem head on. If it's too hard then there's always distractions which give you short term relief such as drinking, partying and sex.

1 Like

Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by Nobody: 8:00am On May 18, 2019
Debramaye:
I feel like I should join the suicide train and cut this chase called life sad

Weed helps but not a lot
You must be joking! In 2 years from now (max), your problems with fade into distant memory
Patience is all you need. Voicing out also helps.
But i think you are joking sha
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:03am On May 18, 2019
good pojnt to note but the main essence here is to value life and its sanctity, and then fear God...if all these is adhere to, no matter how depressed you are, the fear of taking one's own life will make you not do anything strange....not even hunger or heartbreak
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by AngelicBeing: 8:09am On May 18, 2019
sad
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by Gideon02: 8:10am On May 18, 2019
I bet the person should yield strictly to this advice
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by Duggedised12(f): 8:16am On May 18, 2019
versashee:
If you are facing depression, instead of drinking Sniper, why not drink Heineken and feel all right?

Sniper is 700 naira, heineken is about 300 naira. Just buy two cans of Heineken.

I tire for Youngsters of these days.
actually sniper is #400 in my location here.what would you recommend for ladies who are depressed? Alcohol too? undecided seems you didnt see the number 8 point
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by Mogajunior(m): 8:23am On May 18, 2019
versashee:
If you are facing depression, instead of drinking Sniper, why not drink Heineken and feel all right?

Sniper is 700 naira, heineken is about 300 naira. Just buy two cans of Heineken.

I tire for Youngsters of these days.
Heineken only serve as a temporal solution while suicide comes with permanent solution and am sure those people who commits suicide are looking for a permanent relieve.

2 Likes

Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by tartar9(m): 8:24am On May 18, 2019
It seems most people mistakenly equate depression with just sadness

1 Like

Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by hopefulLandlord: 8:25am On May 18, 2019
Heylius:
The only way na to make money bro.. Person wey no get money go dey depressed die.

George Eastman of Kodak was very rich yet killed himself he was worth $84.9 million at the time of his death (approximately $1.55 billion in 2018)
Lead singer of Nirvana too was very rich. Jonathan Wraith killed himself in 2009, he was worth £30M

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by Damfostopper(m): 8:25am On May 18, 2019
lonelydora:
How true is this?

I heard there is a suicide Whatsapp group and there is an Admin instructing people on how to take their lives.

If this is true, then Nigeria is really a sh*thole
please link to the whatsapp group

1 Like

Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by apogeez(m): 8:29am On May 18, 2019
First talk to someone
Second talk to someone
Three talk to someone
Nobody will want you kill urself even if the person is also think of same thing
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by Skidooo(m): 8:29am On May 18, 2019
Depression is treatable please never think killing onself is best option for you, kindly consult a "mind surgeon" (Counsellor) today. Check my signature.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNILAG Senate, Staff Unions, Reject New VC / The Polytechnic Ibadan ND DPP Form For 2018 /19 Academic Session / Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.