Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,272 members, 7,811,802 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts (13091 Views)

Pretty UNIPORT Student Commits Suicide After Long Battle With Depression / Some Education On Dealing With Snake Bites / Steps To Check Your Matric Number On JAMB Matriculation List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by cassyrooy(m): 8:37am On May 18, 2019
Debramaye:
I feel like I should join the suicide train and cut this chase called life sad

Weed helps but not a lot
Hi, could we talk?

1 Like

Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by Ejix4(m): 8:38am On May 18, 2019
sundaygray:
Helpful tips, but that can only help those who have hope

No body actually feels the pains u feel the exact way u feel it so they won't help u... Telling somebody u haven't eaten for more than 3 days may sound like an exaggeration before them, but they don't know u re dying silently... It takes the grace of God to survive depression

1 Like

Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by Ejix4(m): 8:41am On May 18, 2019
Debramaye:

Weed helps but not a lot

Everyday of my life I always have this thought as well, but its never an easy thing to do, life sometimes seems meaningless when no one wants to help u out even in the least manner
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by Investmentfreak: 8:47am On May 18, 2019
lonelydora:
How true is this?

I heard there is a suicide Whatsapp group and there is an Admin instructing people on how to take their lives.

If this is true, then Nigeria is really a sh*thole

It’s actually a Facebook group
After working on your subconscious,you will see reasons to commit suicide grin

1 Like

Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by stanliwise(m): 8:50am On May 18, 2019
Duggedised12:
actually sniper is #400 in my location here.what would you recommend for ladies who are depressed? Alcohol too? undecided seems you didnt see the number 8 point
Depression is a result of impasse which the victim has no solution in their head of how to over often becomes this situation has no immediate solution or the healing process takes quite long. It is a kind of long term sadness, nothing will seem to take your mind out easily.
if can't afford a psychologist, this is what you can do.
1. You must hang around things and people that takes your attention, e. g discussions, playing games, watch the movies you like,
2. have a blackboard(someone that listen to all your complains without getting bored and do not advice you directly)

3. A reinforcer(a person whose job is to ensure you do normal task like eating, feeding, goto work and do things you find attractive).

4. Lastly, the person that would ensure you start tackling the situation realistically either by finding a job or learning how to forget people you have lost. he may need to refer you to a professional if need be.

This person can be one person and the activity you find attractive can be one or two. By weeks you would improve. I am a living witness.
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by letitrainnow(m): 8:52am On May 18, 2019
This is a good information.
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by stanliwise(m): 8:55am On May 18, 2019
Ejix4:

Everyday of my life I always have this thought as well, but its never an easy thing to do, life sometimes seems meaningless when no one wants to help u out even in the least manner
Depression is a result of impasse which the victim has no
solution in their head of how to overcome often because this situation actually has no immediate solution or the healing process
takes quite long. It is a kind of long term sadness, nothing will seem to take your mind out easily.
if you can't afford a psychologist, this is what you can do.
1. You must hang around things and people that takes your
attention, e. g discussions, playing games, watch the movies
you like,
2. have a blackboard(someone that listen to all your complains
without getting bored and do not advice you directly)
3. A reinforcer(a person whose job is to ensure you do normal
task like eating, feeding, goto work and do things you find
attractive).
4. Lastly, the person that would ensure you start tackling the
situation realistically either by finding a job or learning how to forget people you have lost. he may need to refer you to a
professional if need be.
This person can be one person and the activity you find
attractive can be one or two. By weeks you would improve. I
am a living witness.
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by deavicky(m): 8:59am On May 18, 2019
Number 2 is very difficult to say sea from because they are everywhere.
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by Duggedised12(f): 8:59am On May 18, 2019
stanliwise:
Depression is a result of impasse which the victim has no solution in their head of how to over often becomes this situation has no immediate solution or the healing process takes quite long. It is a kind of long term sadness, nothing will seem to take your mind out easily.
if can't afford a psychologist, this is what you can do.
1. You must hang around things and people that takes your attention, e. g discussions, playing games, watch the movies you like,
2. have a blackboard(someone that listen to all your complains without getting bored and do not advice you directly)

3. A reinforcer(a person whose job is to ensure you do normal task like eating, feeding, goto work and do things you find attractive).

4. Lastly, the person that would ensure you start tackling the situation realistically either by finding a job or learning how to forget people you have lost. he may need to refer you to a professional if need be.

This person can be one person and the activity you find attractive can be one or two. By weeks you would improve. I am a living witness.
well said.

1 Like

Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by IndianRomeo: 9:12am On May 18, 2019
clive2u:
11. Get a good sex, its calms you
. What if the person no get prick?
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by CAPSLOCKED: 9:14am On May 18, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

George Eastman of Kodak was very rich yet killed himself he was worth $84.9 million at the time of his death (approximately $1.55 billion in 2018)
Lead singer of Nirvana too was very rich. Jonathan Wraith killed himself in 2009, he was worth £30M

AVICII IN 2018. BECAUSE HE WAS "TIRED OF LIVING".
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by Raalsalghul: 9:17am On May 18, 2019
versashee:
If you are facing depression, instead of drinking Sniper, why not drink Heineken and feel all right?

Sniper is 700 naira, heineken is about 300 naira. Just buy two cans of Heineken.

I tire for Youngsters of these days.
My G you sabi. Currently taking one can of trophy. I do this when I tend to overthink.

1 Like

Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by Nobody: 9:20am On May 18, 2019
ogbeniTafa:

You must be joking! In 2 years from now (max), your problems with fade into distant memory
Patience is all you need. Voicing out also helps.
But i think you are joking sha
I'm not joking
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by hopefulLandlord: 9:20am On May 18, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

AVICII IN 2018. BECAUSE HE WAS "TIRED OF LIVING".

History is filled with massive number of rich people who offed themselves. only ignorant people think more money cures depression.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by SimplePlan34: 9:26am On May 18, 2019
I belive if ur life is not appealing to u, u can end it. As long as I don't have responsibilities like children and a wife. Who look up to u.
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by Omorefe1975(m): 9:26am On May 18, 2019
Anyone passing through challenging times should always remember that there are better days ahead.Those on top today went through their wilderness journey but didn't give up cos there's always light at the end of the tunnel..Brothers and Sisters never give in to suicidal thoughts..it's just a deceit of the devil.
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by IndianRomeo: 9:31am On May 18, 2019
Debramaye:

Weed helps but not a lot
. Not easy my sister. Nobody will understand, but let us hang on and see how far our mental strength will carry us. Life is wicked and is not fair enough. The same society that claim they would have helped if they had known, are the same people that will stigmatize you when you tell them you problem, which will remotely lead to suicidal thoughts.

1 Like

Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by tuzle(m): 9:51am On May 18, 2019
Heylius:
The only way na to make money bro.. Person wey no get money go dey depressed die.
have u not seen people that have money and they still kill themselves
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by jojothaiv(m): 9:53am On May 18, 2019
"Smoke weed and see life from a perspective of truth"
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by eneojoedu(m): 9:58am On May 18, 2019
op whatever you wrote up there can't work.... lemme share this.. I was/am facing some personal issues /problems, no matter how hard I tried to find a solution,it was just not working .. I lost interest in things that I love, friends, football, my studies, action movies e. t. c. I just wanted to be left alone all the time and whenever I am alone, especially at night, just like a dream I would just find myself in a realm, deep and dark, lost in deep thoughts most times Admiring the dead, death be looking like an interesting solution to all problems... people will never agree to Have money to help you out but when you die, they will bring 20times what you need for your burial arrangement. LIFE.

1 Like

Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by eneojoedu(m): 10:06am On May 18, 2019
IndianRomeo:
. Not easy my sister. Nobody will understand, but let us hang on and see how far our mental strength will carry us. Life is wicked and is not fair enough. The same society that claim they would have helped if they had known, are the same people that will stigmatize you when you tell them you problem, which will remotely lead to suicidal thoughts.
perfectly said, I have sponsored myself through school to my final year without any genuine help from anyone. just my final year school fees 46,500 I could not raise not to talk of project, I have been running around, uncles aunties, nobody is willing to help out. if I die, they would raise and spend over 15times that amount for my burial .. last last they will do one.
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by versashee: 10:10am On May 18, 2019
Duggedised12:
actually sniper is #400 in my location here.what would you recommend for ladies who are depressed? Alcohol too? undecided seems you didnt see the number 8 point

For ladies, come suck my stick.
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by Favy1235(f): 10:11am On May 18, 2019
Do what makes you happy. Interact with friends go out flex don't stay alone.
Omo dis lyf 2 sweet i don't know why ppl end up committn sucide. Depression is real.i've seen,experienced and believed. But sucide can't b d best option. You've got 2 pick up yaself n face dat challenge.
Las las dnt forget 2 pray.
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by Gospeltruth02: 10:23am On May 18, 2019
stanliwise:
You may need a professional counsellor to help you heal faster bro.
I thought about it several times but not sure how to go about it either embarassed
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by Ajibaba101(m): 10:30am On May 18, 2019
never feel depressed or stressed in the university...see how you can deal with it university anxiety and stress
https://explicitsuccess.com/stress-management-for-students/
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by hopefulLandlord: 11:28am On May 18, 2019
IndianRomeo:

can we chat? I've sent you a PM

1 Like

Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by Nobody: 11:41am On May 18, 2019
If we all commit suicide na we we go still dey where we we dey go so what is the difference.
Re: Steps To Take In Dealing With Depression And Suicidal Thoughts by Sluacoast(m): 11:44am On May 18, 2019
[quote author=martowskin1 post=78487797]I Neva thought a time will come when suicide will be a topic in this nation..... Demnnn

See what frustration has led this nation to[/quote

It's actually getting out of hands. My Facebook friend committed suicide not too long ago. And also the popular one that occur on twitter hurdle

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNILAG Senate, Staff Unions, Reject New VC / The Polytechnic Ibadan ND DPP Form For 2018 /19 Academic Session / Need Advice,i Am Sleeping Too Much And My Exams Are Close

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.