Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors (41543 Views)

If Facebook Stay Offline For More Time, There Could Be Cyber Apocalypse / Olla Note 3 Unboxing, This Company Is Ready To Kick Competitors out / How Facebook Bug Secretly Recorded Iphone Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by bravesoul247(m): 10:22pm On May 18, 2019
Vicintonsh:
The guy truly knows the market and strategies to stay ontop but his brutal ways are killing startups. There should be enough room for competition. Mark wants to occupy that room alone.
I'm telling you. Competition brings more creativity and the best. They should allow people shine, just they way Xiaomi is competing with TECNO a higher brand in Nigeria. Nawa!

1 Like

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by Hugo7(m): 10:56pm On May 18, 2019
monopolize every f**king thing, if I can't buy you I kill you..This is Mark tactics is evil at same time interesting..

10 Likes

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by Hotworta1: 11:45pm On May 18, 2019
TechCapon:
NUMBER TWO: DENY ACCESS

When Zuckerberg fails to buy the company, he uses another strategy which is to deny access to that company from its data. What this means is that you cannot be able to invite your Facebook friend to use that app. Facebook did it to “Vine”, a fast-growing video-sharing app owned by Twitter. The company died. Not only that, Facebook and Instagram has done it to other companies and denied them access to their APIs. Most of those companies died and don’t exist anymore because of the move.

NUMBER THREE: COPY AND PASTE

When buying and denying access doesn’t work, what Zuckerberg does is to copy and paste. What this means is to look for the best feature of that new app, copy it and paste it in its own apps. For example, when Facebook tried to buy Snapchat for $3 billion, Snapchat CEO turned down the offer. What Zuckerberg did next was surprising, he copied Snapchat “stories feature” and applied it on Facebook and Instagram.

That move effectively took away that unique shine from Snapchat and the company has not recovered from that move ever since. So whenever you use Facebook stories or Instagram stories, remember that Zuckerberg actually stole the feature from Snapchat. After that happened Snapchat shares fell drastically and have continued to fall as their daily user base declined.

That is how Facebook has succeeded in staying on top and it has been a brilliant business strategy for the company. But now the table is turning and it could bring trouble for the company. That’s because regulators and politicians are now speaking up against these brutal dishonest strategies of Facebook. Also, a big anti-trust investigation is looming.

Recently a female US presidential candidate, Elizabeth Warren vowed to break up Facebook if she wins the presidential election accusing the company of having too much power. That means it’s not only competitors Zuckerberg has to worry about as politicians are now becoming interested in what they are doing. When Facebook bought Instagram, it has just 30 million users. Today, it has over 1 billion users. Considering what FB is doing, do you think Snapchat and Twitter should have sold their companies to Zuckerberg? Tell us in the comment section.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/this-is-how-facebook-kills-its-biggest-competitors/

Mynd44

dominique

If this is really your content then I doff my hat for u.
Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by TechCapon(m): 11:57pm On May 18, 2019
Hotworta1:

If this is really your content then I doff my hat for u.
it's my content hundred percent. Thanks.

Mynd44, Dominique

6 Likes

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by TechCapon(m): 11:59pm On May 18, 2019
bravesoul247:
this is lovely! how do you get your contents please?
thanks my guy. My name is TechCapon nah grin
Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by Temple1288(m): 12:04am On May 19, 2019
MeWe will beat Fakebook that's if the cunninng Jew won't buy it
Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by vickobon(m): 12:19am On May 19, 2019
wizzywisdom:
....and all those companies refuse to sue him for copy and paste? To me he's not that teach guru, he's only a monopoly
. I think many of those companies codes are open source. it can be used by other programmers without fear of copyright infringement.

3 Likes

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by Kingkun69(m): 1:14am On May 19, 2019
basmur:
The realest and biggest yahoo boy...

Shine on boss
i am telling you the biggest yahoos no dey make noise like kobo Marley them

5 Likes

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by TechCapon(m): 7:08am On May 19, 2019
lilianofentse:
they spy on people's information/chats. Politicians, marketers offer alot of money for this info. Facebook and Instagram does same. They all hide behind "your messages are encrypted". Its all a scam.
you're a real tech guru

3 Likes

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by bravesoul247(m): 7:10am On May 19, 2019
TechCapon:
thanks my guy. My name is TechCapon nah grin
Seriously, how do you draft your content? I wanna learn.
Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by Studyinchina200(m): 7:17am On May 19, 2019
I don’t even use Facebook. That boring app

3 Likes

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by udemzyudex(m): 7:23am On May 19, 2019
krattoss:
And when the Chinese copy, y'all be crying blue murder angry

America is the biggest hypocrite in the world.

7 Likes

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by MobilityExpress: 7:23am On May 19, 2019
Facebook's dominance will soon fade because the US government is about to break up Facebook and diminish its social media power.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by steve6: 7:23am On May 19, 2019
Ok
Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by Outreachms: 7:23am On May 19, 2019
Good one
Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by Jarus(m): 7:25am On May 19, 2019
I understand Facebook actually made attempt to acquire Twitter in the early years of the company.
Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by afroniger: 7:27am On May 19, 2019
This is why i support the call from some quarters to breakup Facebook (as a company) because Zuckerberg is stifling innovation (especially in the social-media tech space) via his monopolistic strong-arm tactics of decimating competitors.

1 Like

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by bravesoul247(m): 7:28am On May 19, 2019
krattoss:
And when the Chinese copy, y'all be crying blue murder angry
you see that people are just funny.
Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by Enugupikin: 7:30am On May 19, 2019
ifejilika:
That man must be from the East(Anambra precisely)
inferiority complex

1 Like

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by Enugupikin: 7:31am On May 19, 2019
lanre316:

Yes, nao. His real name is Mark Izukaba
inferiority complex
Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by BravoDe: 7:32am On May 19, 2019
How dd Nairaland stay ahead of its biggest competitors

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by tempex88(m): 7:33am On May 19, 2019
Same strategy of the coca cola Company in Nigeria. When lacasera was strong they tried buying it. They have bought chi completely.

6 Likes

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by davibid: 7:35am On May 19, 2019
TechCapon:
because he bought those companies. Instagram would have been a huge competitor if zuckerberg didn't buy it early. He saw the future

That makes him a good businessman
Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by Reference(m): 7:36am On May 19, 2019
He hasn't gotten me into his slave truck. My social media begins and ends with Seun. Not on Facebook, Twitter, snap whatever. I am in charge of my life and business and doing well. My contacts are basically calls. Documents by traditional email...Whatsapp once in a long while and no chats. My net footprint will remain as small as possible. We have seen this thing a long time ago. They cannot easily get at me.

8 Likes

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by MarvelOwolanke(m): 7:37am On May 19, 2019
Imagine Zuckerberg as Nigeria president. ....

1 Like

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by henryobinna(m): 7:37am On May 19, 2019
BravoDe:
How dd Nairaland stay ahead of its biggest competitors
Nairaland doesn't have a competition not to talk of big competition

2 Likes

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by martineverest(m): 7:38am On May 19, 2019
Femmymcox:
It still amaze me how WhatsApp worth such amount without a single advertisement placement
it's a platform.facebook Inc used Facebook as 'halo effect's for their other social media to ride of its coattails

the nexii between all their social media worked for them

that aside, Facebook is a threat to humanity and privacy...Google and Facebook are the biggest privacy threats in the world

7 Likes

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by godwinony(m): 7:38am On May 19, 2019
Person offer me 3billion dollars for my company, I go sell o. None of that talk of greater potential in not selling abeg person no go hustle till death. Collect the money, buy a small Island, live to the fullest. So called richest man no go carry wealth enter grave.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by Westsida: 7:38am On May 19, 2019
lilianofentse:
they spy on people's information/chats. Politicians, marketers offer alot of money for this info. Facebook and Instagram does same. They all hide behind "your messages are encrypted". Its all a scam.

God bless you ma’am! 70% of people don’t know this! There’s no encrypted messages anywhere.

8 Likes

Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by Westsida: 7:40am On May 19, 2019
ThePreachersSon:

Guy wake up! This is the business world. You must do anything and everything, legal or not to survive, if you'd end up like Emenike. He's not a guru or anything, he is just super smart. Dangote does the same things

Hope you’ve not been accusing the yahoo boys?
Re: This Is How Facebook Stay Ahead Of Its Biggest Competitors by Westsida: 7:40am On May 19, 2019
The op doesn’t know the original reason behind why Facebook is what it is till today. Be careful what you share on social media. It is not what you think it is!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

4 Embarasing Mistakes That Led To Nokia Downfall / Tecno P5 Usb / Charging Port Ways / How Africans Replied A Racist On Tiktok.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.