Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work (54127 Views)

Fortune Okudaye: Lady Rides Okada To Pay School Fees, Shares Her Experience / My Husband Still Rides Okada - Success' Mum Speaks On Life After The Viral Video / Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by jaxxy(m): 5:35pm On May 18, 2019
Another Naira marley showing himself. Nice1
Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by asatony: 5:42pm On May 18, 2019
The University is making more money from students and Parents. The establishment of that University was funds of the members of the Church. Today an average poor man can not train his child in the University. The IT staff was clever enough.
Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by zevous: 5:42pm On May 18, 2019
HigherEd:
Both the school management and the thief are unwell. How does a staff siphon N180 million and you don't even know until you saw he was living larger than what he earns? Meaning he could have carted away with N1 billion and you won't even know...

They better get PwC or KPMG to audit their earnings and expenditure.

The day they hire pwc or any outside audit firm to audit their accounts there will be problems

1 Like

Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by NiggasInParis: 5:42pm On May 18, 2019
I never knew people can be this Dumb and Foolish.
Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by Hotworta1: 5:47pm On May 18, 2019
ibksplen:
Guy I know the guy. For your information school fees for 2017 session is yet to be touched by the management.
For you to know how rich Living faith/Covenantuniversity is . The only thing that made them to know is the useless lifestyle he began to live. Carrying chopper and going to Dubai like visiting Redemption camp. His name is Daniel

Who asked you for his name??

We don't need that...we are only concerned about his stupidity and lack of intellect to channel "stolen wealth" into long term beneficial investment... We forgive his impoverished mind.

I know the Lord Bishop will forgive him too.

1 Like

Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 18, 2019
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Make it by stealing?

It is stealing though but it depends on the way you view it. It depends on the man too and his faith. It also depends on the society we live in. We live in a con country where everyone tries to outsmart another person. Everyone in this country is made to be con-smart in one way or the other. If the owner of the school too is not smart, he won't be what he is today - I've not said the owner of the school is con in anyway, all the same he is a smart man.
Then since he's not stealing from poor people, the school is very rich and does not even know someone is siphoning.
If i have the hacking skill and way of deducting 5 Naira from every Nigerian account, although it is stealing but my conscience can't haunt me.
First, because i didn't hurt, harm or injure no one in the process.
Second, deducting 5naira each does not affect anybody in any bad way, you can't even know or feel you lose anything.
Third, when i have enough money, i know i will always help and pity the poor.

It may be a criminal offense if found out under law, and also a sin viewed from religion but it is not that ethically wrong when view under morals with reasons provided.

2 Likes

Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by BeauHomme: 5:52pm On May 18, 2019
If I'm the prosecutor, I'll charge him for both theft & stupidity.

To whom the gods wish to destroy, they first make mad

1 Like

Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 18, 2019
Shebi this idiot too would be forming holy 'working class" Nigerian, and na him voice go loud pass where hypocrites are gathered to condemn yahoo boys.

This country stinks.

Most employees, businessmen and everything in between (at least 95%)in this Nigeria are bloody thieves who thrive on cutting corners one way or the other to get ahead.

Employees are particularly worse, and this class of people repulse me. You have no business forming big boy and living large when we know exactly what your salary is. Nigerians don't ask important questions, and it is annoying. I rather not ask the source of Hushpuppi's wealth because he is self-employed, which means there is no ceiling to what he can earn from whatever it is that he does. But it is more important to question an employee's source of wealth, because his salary is capped, and we can easily estimate his legal earnings, and if his lifestyle is more than his fixed earnings then he automatically has questions to answer. Nigerians wouldn't know this because most Nigerians are incredibly daft.

I know exactly what I'm talking about. That's why for someone like me who simply hates hypocrisy, I can't stand people pointing fingers at others in spite of their own guilt.
Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by papyskinsy: 6:01pm On May 18, 2019
Boscolo:
The guy is a fool and I wonder why the OP refers to him as a "Guru". A 'guru' that doesn't know how to manage fund. A 'Guru' that is into another form of 'yahoo-yahoo'(there is no difference).
I keep saying it most of our youth are dump, daft,absurd, preposterous, ridiculous, ludicrous, farcical, risible; idiotic, and stupid.
How can you stole N180m(£360,000) and all thought is to get a chopper and be flying to work. This is the most foolish human I have heard about in 2019. In the first instance why looting up to N180 self . "I day vex I swear. Make them carry the guy go meet him brother Nairamarley abi wetin that one say him be self. stupid children "

how can you STEAL *
Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by Hotworta1: 6:01pm On May 18, 2019
Gratefulheart01:

It is stealing though but it depends on the way you view it. It depends on the man too and his faith. It also depends on the society we live in. We live in a con country where everyone tries to outsmart another person. Everyone in this country is made to be con-smart in one way or the other. If the owner of the school too is not smart, he won't be what he is today - I've not said the owner of the school is con in anyway, all the same he is a smart man.
Then since he's not stealing from poor people, the school is very rich and does not even know someone is siphoning.
If i have the hacking skill and way of deducting 5 Naira from every Nigerian account, although it is stealing but my conscience can't haunt me.
First, because i didn't hurt, harm or injure no one in the process.
Second, deducting 5naira each does not affect anybody in any bad way, you can't even know or feel you lose anything.
Third, when i have enough money, i know i will always help and pity the poor.

It may be a criminal offense if found out under law, and also a sin viewed from religion but it is not that ethically wrong when view under morals with reasons provided.

You will make a "wonderful" thief!

1 Like

Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by aadoiza: 6:02pm On May 18, 2019
When they say the leaders are the reflections of their people, this is exactly what they mean. 99% of the posters are only disgusted at the flaunting lifestyle of this criminal and not at the criminal act itself. SHAME!!!

1 Like

Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by papyskinsy: 6:05pm On May 18, 2019
meanwhile school go dey hot for IT department and Accounting department
Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 18, 2019
Hotworta1:

You will make a "wonderful" thief!

Morally right way of stealing. Lol
Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by ebab(m): 6:13pm On May 18, 2019
They wont know because the money is too much and they got no legit account for it.... messed up country

HigherEd:
Both the school management and the thief are unwell. How does a staff siphon N180 million and you don't even know until you saw he was living larger than what he earns? Meaning he could have carted away with N1 billion and you won't even know...

They better get PwC or KPMG to audit their earnings and expenditure.
Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by 1234IKECHhukwu: 6:14pm On May 18, 2019
datigbogirl:

It's very difficult to lay low on ill-gotten wealth. Even you talking wont know the spirit pushing you to do some things.

Only real geez can self-control themselves.
Exactly,with ordinary 20million some of this guys, shouting he should have lay low would do have done more than he has done with 180million naira.
Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 18, 2019
grandiose4ever:
ALL is not well in the IT Department of Covenant University, Otta, Sentry can authoritatively report. A guru in information technology (IT) attached to that department is in the police net after he was found to have devised a means by which he diverted funds meant for the university into his private pocket. By the time the university woke up to his antics, he had succeeded in siphoning a whopping N180 million!

Before the bubble burst, not a few people were said to have wondered how the loved and trusted official was managing to get the funds with which he maintained a lifestyle the Chancellor of the university and Presiding Bishop of Living Faith Church Worldwide, Bishop David Oyedepo, would call “riotous living.” He was said to have bought some flashy cars which he kept in a mansion he bought with stolen funds in highbrow Lekki part of Lagos, even though he had a house in the school where he lived with his wife.

Every Friday, he would cruise with his wife to the posh house in Lekki to enjoy the weekend. But what really gave him away was the habit of flying back to his duty post in Otta in a chopper that landed at the premises of The Bells University, which is only a stone’s throw from Covenant University.

Tongues began to wag from onlookers who started to wonder who the big boy could be. Word about his lifestyle soon got to the authorities of Covenant University who decided to put him under surveillance and realised that he had stolen the university’s money amounting to more than N180 million. The funds were mainly school fees paid by students. The fees were paid into the accounts of the university in designated banks but the disingenuous inventor found a means of diverting the money into his private account. The discovery alarmed the authorities of the school. Oyedepo, sources said, was flabbergasted.

The IT guru was promptly reported to the police, who arrested him. Covenant University authorities expected the police to fast track his prosecution but that was not forthcoming. Words got to the university that the suspected fraudster was greasing the palms of the police. Again alarmed by the development, the authorities sidelined the police and handed the suspect to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Upon interrogation, the suspect admitted stealing the said sum and even agreed to refund N56 million in cash immediately. Sentry will keep you posted on further developments....

https://thenationonlineng.net/n180m-fraud-rocks-covenant-university/

Uncommon blessings. Good job cool
Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by StudyCrestLtd: 6:21pm On May 18, 2019
Ugosample:

no mind black man ooo

black man black sense undecided
There isn't anything like Black man black sense in this. There are millions of stupid and criminal whites
Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by Hotworta1: 6:32pm On May 18, 2019
aadoiza:
When they say the leaders are the reflections of their people, this is exactly what they mean. 99% of the posters are only disgusted at the flaunting lifestyle of this criminal and not at the criminal act itself. SHAME!!!

Swidy, i must confess...most of us are disgusted even if we aint shouting it here.

You see, in a country like ours,where our leaders both political and religious have bent us outta shape on the daily...what else do u want to hear?!

Even God wasn't happy with this guy's stupidity...since he decided to do "pepper dem", he disgraced him in d open.
Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by bid4rich(m): 6:36pm On May 18, 2019
MyGeneration:
The university get money sha.

Imagine someone stealing 180million naira and they didnt even notice

You are wrong!

The university does not have money; the university is money
Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by mosesjida(m): 6:49pm On May 18, 2019
And so what how much is dat to oyedepo me sef wan learn dis suit wella male I begin dey siphon
don't tell me nonsense oooh d politrickciabs are doing theirs too
Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by aspirebig: 7:19pm On May 18, 2019
That is serious. Flying chopper to work? When you are not CR7?...How much is his annual salary? Fraud everywhere.
Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by Ugosample(m): 7:42pm On May 18, 2019
StudyCrestLtd:

There isn't anything like Black man black sense in this. There are millions of stupid and criminal whites

it's black man black sense

it's the predominant thinking and way of life of Nigger Africans

Other ethnic groups have nutcases too

but Africa own shocked
Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 18, 2019
Hedonini:
Shebi this idiot too would be forming holy 'working class" Nigerian, and na him voice go loud pass where hypocrites are gathered to condemn yahoo boys.

This country stinks.

Most employees, businessmen and everything in between (at least 95%)in this Nigeria are bloody thieves who thrive on cutting corners one way or the other to get ahead.

Employees are particularly worse, and this class of people repulse me. You have no business forming big boy and living large when we know exactly what your salary is. Nigerians don't ask important questions, and it is annoying. I rather not ask the source of Hushpuppi's wealth because he is self-employed, which means there is no ceiling to what he can earn from whatever it is that he does. But it is more important to question an employee's source of wealth, because his salary is capped, and we can easily estimate his legal earnings, and if his lifestyle is more than his fixed earnings then he automatically has questions to answer. Nigerians wouldn't know this because most Nigerians are incredibly daft.

I know exactly what I'm talking about. That's why for someone like me who simply hates hypocrisy, I can't stand people pointing fingers at others in spite of their own guilt.

The country is dysfunctional. The truth is that even 'self-employed' people are made accountable by their tax records, but the tax operatives are too busy stealing their own share to bother with enforcement of rules and regulations.
Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 18, 2019
christejames:
Like they say "99 days for the thief just one day is for the owner". His cup is filled and overflowing, he should enjoy the dance of 'surugede' (macabre dance)which he played for himself...

#followNPFL
They don't have to so long tithe comes coming.

1 Like

Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by FINESHIRT(m): 8:38pm On May 18, 2019
Lesson :Don't always jealous the flashy / luxurious lifestyle you see people living... only if you know what some of them do to live such life.
Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by FINESHIRT(m): 8:45pm On May 18, 2019
aspirebig:
That is serious. Flying chopper to work? When you are not CR7?...How much is his annual salary? Fraud everywhere.

Lol. Nigerians are wonderful people. He probably wanted to measure up with the aforementioned with an annual income of less than 5 million.
Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by Sinach0191(m): 9:23pm On May 18, 2019
Must u tell everybody u're rich
Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by colestephan86: 9:25pm On May 18, 2019
grandiose4ever:
ALL is not well in the IT Department of Covenant University, Otta, Sentry can authoritatively report. A guru in information technology (IT) attached to that department is in the police net after he was found to have devised a means by which he diverted funds meant for the university into his private pocket. By the time the university woke up to his antics, he had succeeded in siphoning a whopping N180 million!

Before the bubble burst, not a few people were said to have wondered how the loved and trusted official was managing to get the funds with which he maintained a lifestyle the Chancellor of the university and Presiding Bishop of Living Faith Church Worldwide, Bishop David Oyedepo, would call “riotous living.” He was said to have bought some flashy cars which he kept in a mansion he bought with stolen funds in highbrow Lekki part of Lagos, even though he had a house in the school where he lived with his wife.

Every Friday, he would cruise with his wife to the posh house in Lekki to enjoy the weekend. But what really gave him away was the habit of flying back to his duty post in Otta in a chopper that landed at the premises of The Bells University, which is only a stone’s throw from Covenant University.

Tongues began to wag from onlookers who started to wonder who the big boy could be. Word about his lifestyle soon got to the authorities of Covenant University who decided to put him under surveillance and realised that he had stolen the university’s money amounting to more than N180 million. The funds were mainly school fees paid by students. The fees were paid into the accounts of the university in designated banks but the disingenuous inventor found a means of diverting the money into his private account. The discovery alarmed the authorities of the school. Oyedepo, sources said, was flabbergasted.

The IT guru was promptly reported to the police, who arrested him. Covenant University authorities expected the police to fast track his prosecution but that was not forthcoming. Words got to the university that the suspected fraudster was greasing the palms of the police. Again alarmed by the development, the authorities sidelined the police and handed the suspect to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Upon interrogation, the suspect admitted stealing the said sum and even agreed to refund N56 million in cash immediately. Sentry will keep you posted on further developments....

https://thenationonlineng.net/n180m-fraud-rocks-covenant-university/

The real yahoo boy is here
Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by aadoiza: 10:05pm On May 18, 2019
Hotworta1:

Swidy, i must confess...most of us are disgusted even if we aint shouting it here.

You see, in a country like ours,where our leaders both political and religious have bent us outta shape on the daily...what else do u want to hear?!

Even God wasn't happy with this guy's stupidity...since he decided to do "pepper dem", he disgraced him in d open.

Our leaders have bent us out of shape, right? Why slate yahoo boys on a daily for their criminal and illegal hustle?
This sorta mindset is why I always say this country of ours is beyond redemption because of the explicit and implicit incorrigible criminals herein.
Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by gaskiyamagana: 10:46pm On May 18, 2019
wonlasewonimi:
Ole gbe ole gba
Theif theifam from theif.
Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by omobalaidex(m): 10:50pm On May 18, 2019
inside life... enjoy sharp guy

1 Like

Re: IT Staff Defrauds Covenant University Of N180 Million, Rides Chopper To Work by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 18, 2019
This entire episode is hilarious. Dude flies back to work on a chopper shocked How the fūck does he expect his bosses to feel, talk less regular colleagues.

It's always something trivial and stúpid that gives embezzlers away. And the church doesn't even bother to reconcile accounts because they're essentially getting the cash for free grin Stolen waters are sweet. . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which African Country Speaks The Best English? / Dr. Chidubem Obi Graduates With 5.0 GP In A Russian University / UNN Medicine Result Vs OAU Medicine Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.