Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders (15127 Views)

Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri / We Arrested Many Boko Haram Members In Lagos –former GOC / 12 Soldiers Who Attacked GOC Sentenced To Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 24, 2010
Giving substance to suggestions of security concerns in Nigeria, President Goodluck Jonathan has re-organized the army by removing all General Officers Commanding the country’s military installations, his act before travelling back to Nigeria, Mr. Jonathan is currently in the US where he is attending to the United Nations.  Two weeks ago, he changed all the service chiefs, as well as the Inspector-General of Police and the Director-General of the National Security Agency.

As we reported last weekend, the security concerns had originally compelled Jonathan to cancel his US trip, but having established his control, he changed his mind and arrived in New York on Thursday morning to attend the General Debate of the 65th UN General Assembly.   He is billed to speak at that forum today, and to leave for Abuja a few hours later.

The shake-up in the army involves principal staff officers, formation and corps commanders, commandants of the army’s training institutions, and some staff officers at both Defence and Army Headquarters.

The new appointments take immediate effect.  A press statement issued by Brigadier General Chris Olukolade, Director of Army Public Relations, confirmed the retirement of the GOCs, and asked the new officers to assume their new posts right away.  

Army Press release: HQ DAPR/G3/230/25

PRESS RELEASE: NIGERIAN ARMY REDEPLOYS SENIOR OFFICERS

The Nigerian Army has carried out a posting exercise which resulted in the redeployment of some senior officers.

The posting which affected principal staff officers, formation and corps commanders as well as commandants of training institutions and some staff officers at Defence and Army Headquarters led to a reshuffle whereby Major General JO Shoboiki becomes the General Officer Commanding (GOC) 1 Division, Brigadier General MD Abubakar GOC 2 Division, Major General SO Idoko GOC 3 Division, Brigadier General KTJ Minimah GOC 81 Division, Major General SY Bello GOC 82 Division, Brigadier General MA Nasamu Commander Army Headquarters Garrison and Colonel EJ Atewe Commander Brigade of Guards.

Similarly, Major General CO Onwuamaegbu is now commandant of the Nigerian Defence Academy as Major General MA Yerima moves to the Defence Headquarters as Chief of Training and Operations.  Major General CO Omoregie is the new Commander of the Joint Task Force.  

source http://saharareporters.com/news-page/shake-nigeria-army-confirms-jonathans-security-concerns
Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by bawomolo(m): 7:32pm On Sep 24, 2010
[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=VHZ4N7ZQ4n$vvJXMi2c_ey6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxRJvIsz$NkZMYqDGWTvD$bonW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]

how is the fat fuccck (2nd guy in the back from the left) allowed in the army  shocked shocked
Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by Beaf: 7:34pm On Sep 24, 2010
brotherly:

@oyb, bawomolo

That is not a pointblanknews stance. Someone chose to petition pointblanknews instead of the EFcc. Are you not surprised that he could not even mention the name of a single hotel?

Thank you jare. Sometimes you have to wonder at some people.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by Becomrich0: 8:03pm On Sep 24, 2010
I dont feel too comfortable with the posting.

If you look at yar adua posting , he went one south, one north above the river, just for loyality reason.

Now Jonathan is going north north, south south. That is not good. if the northern military boys shoot thier GOC in Kaduna and Jos. And if the two northerners in the south agree with it.   You have a military coup and the civilain govt are  out of power.

Jonathan is better off moving J.O Shoboiki, to division 81  lagos and Minimah to kaduna,  that way, if there is a coup, since shoboiki is yorubas, he would have enough officers to support for counter coup. If Shoboiki over power Ibadan from lagos. It makes it two unit. Remain 3 to restore civillian govt. Because enugu is an igbo area, it would easy for shoboiki to take over. shoboiki can supply Onyeabo A. Ihejirika in abuja officers for counter coup. and attempt to take over enugu. Given him 3 unit to success.

Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by debeginin(m): 8:07pm On Sep 24, 2010
Thank God,that Devil's incarnate SALEH MAINA has been kicked out.Let him come and arm those Muslim soldiers in Jos against Xtians again.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by Dede1(m): 8:12pm On Sep 24, 2010
GEJ is either acting in desperation or behaving like a paranoid despot. I guess the cross section of Nigerians is not as ignorant as some peeps who post on this forum. GEJ is showing the demeanor of person who will flagrantly flout ordinances and statutory codes.

I have never read or perceived redeploying or retiring of Service Chiefs and GOCs is a measure of countercoup. If few groups of army officers decide to precipitate coup, whether it is successful or not, it will only take battalion commanders and few principal officers at Headquarters to see through to such endeavor.

GEJ should stop acting like a coward.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by Becomrich0: 8:28pm On Sep 24, 2010
in the military you predict attack.

So you never did mock war before , you.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 24, 2010
Now GEJ is afraid of his Life, if there should be a coup, and not the life of Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by Dede1(m): 9:38pm On Sep 24, 2010
Becomrich0:

in the military you predict attack.

So you never did mock war before , you.

Gen. Becomrich0 aka Idi Amin, I salute. When Gen engages in predication of attacks, he or she is bound to loose command. I guess what you termed as mock war is military exercise or war games. Should I remind you that such military maneuvers are planned through military headquarters? The exercise of purging Service Chiefs and GOCs teeters on cowardice and paranoia. I have not read about the redeployment in Navy and Air force yet.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 24, 2010
Jonathan is the most insecure president i have ever seen in my life.
insecure people are very dangerous, they think everybody is against them
and can do some very irrational things. Jonathan should be watched closely.
He just might end up dividing Nigeria after all. Anyway for those of you loud mouths who want Nigeria to divide
you have in Jonathan everything you ever needed . but don't run when it starts ooooo
Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 24, 2010
ferari90:

He just might end up dividing Nigeria after all. Anyway for those of you loud mouths who want Nigeria to divide
you have in Jonathan everything you ever needed . but don't run when it starts ooooo

Please how did dividing Nigeria come into the equation?
Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by Nobody: 10:05pm On Sep 24, 2010
mikeansy:

Please how did dividing Nigeria come into the equation?

We know its your dream of an Igbo President,2015 thats why you are on GEJ's axx. So you won't see things clearly.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 24, 2010
babaearly:

We know its your dream of an Igbo President,2015 thats why you are on GEJ's axx. So you won't see things clearly.

amazing, I did not know nairaland now have folks who determine other people's dreams.

If you honestly believe that I will accept any fool as President just for the sake of Igbo Presidency come 2015, then you clearly do not know who Mikeansy is.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by Dede1(m): 10:13pm On Sep 24, 2010
ferari90:

You had your head in the right place until you wondered off by characterizing people who agitate for disintegration of Nigeria as loudmouths. The undeniable loudmouths are the generations of the idiots who fought against Biafra and suddenly found the northern region as the most disgusting thing God created after ugly.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by kettykings: 11:38pm On Sep 24, 2010
The die has finally been cast by GEJ , as the unreversible spontaneous decimation of the northern / arewa empire starts, aided by middle belters, cheered by yorubas and watched closely and carefully by igbos , the events of the next few months will either see the 200 year old domination of hausa / fulani crumble and new power block spinning out of the niger delta led by ijaws or the fulani / hausa reinventing themselves and bouncing back.

Me thinks " how the mighty have fallen , tell it not in kano establish it not in Zauzau".

Power is gradually slipping the hands of the north.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by Becomrich0: 11:51pm On Sep 24, 2010
Why would you think my mock war was play station. Are you serious. ?  It is real life mock war. Where are you from. I did national service. And we did a real simulated mock war situation. What do you people do in National service now adays.  I really want to know. And apart from this , i have gone for other training, which i do not have to discuss to you.    What do you people do in national service nowadays, Dont you have the military portion of national service anymore.  And how many month do the military camp you people nowadays.

And i told you, I have an engineering degree. why dont you believe me? even some of your presidential candidate knows this. former Vice president Atiku brother was my boss in adamawa, if I had no degree, how do you think . Even  saraki knows I have engineering degree. In engineering we do what they call model and mock type situation. I even have a post graduate diploma in computer science. which allow me to even create software to show you what i mean. That why I use pictures and image. This is what they use in engineering. so stop complaining of my maps.

You have to test every situation. I would switch lagos and kaduna GOC.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by olafolarin(m): 1:38am On Sep 25, 2010
@ Becomrich;

You finally made sense to me with your maps.I also have a masters degree in Cartography and Remote Sensing and as such do a lot of mapping and simulations.
The officers were strategically posted and GEJ will be in a better position to know more.But one thing is certain:GEJ is very clever.Stept by step, he is doing away with injustice of the past replacing them with norms good for today and acceptable in future.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by Dede1(m): 1:55pm On Sep 25, 2010
Becomrich0:

Why would you think my mock war was play station. Are you serious. ?  It is real life mock war. Where are you from. I did national service. And we did a real simulated mock war situation. What do you people do in National service now adays.  I really want to know. And apart from this , i have gone for other training, which i do not have to discuss to you.    What do you people do in national service nowadays, Dont you have the military portion of national service anymore.  And how many month do the military camp you people nowadays.

And i told you, I have an engineering degree. why dont you believe me? even some of your presidential candidate knows this. former Vice president Atiku brother was my boss in adamawa, if I had no degree, how do you think . Even  saraki knows I have engineering degree. In engineering we do what they call model and mock type situation. I even have a post graduate diploma in computer science. which allow me to even create software to show you what i mean. That why I use pictures and image. This is what they use in engineering. so stop complaining of my maps.

You have to test every situation. I would switch lagos and kaduna GOC.

Gen. Becomrich0 and electricity engineer, I salute. As usual, the sketch map you posted lacked many fundamental aspects of military parlance. You did not include logistics, chain of command and intestinal fortitude to fight. If so-called COAS Ihiejirika will depend on Yoruba born GOC such as Shoboki to match from Lagos to Ilorin and Enugu, it means he is lost in history. By the way, you did not show he will account for the loyalty of brigade and battalion commanders not to mention the NCOs.

Granted there are logical model and service stubs in engineering, you failed to show how retiring and redeploying of Service Chiefs and GOCs by GEJ fit into your concept. I shall not mention Nigeria in discussion of warfare such as nuclear or chemical. Even in conventional warfare, what GEJ has done is begging for reasons other than paranoia.

If I may fellow the ridiculous perception of certain individuals on this board, GEJ has injected tribalism into the Nigerian armed forces which was one of the cardinal reasons that precipitated January 15, 1966 coup.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by estatemark(m): 4:21pm On Sep 25, 2010
A very solid move at the right place, and always making the expected move
Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by misterh(m): 4:42pm On Sep 25, 2010
I think he is being cautious.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by OAM4J: 4:52pm On Sep 25, 2010
Dede1:

Gen. Becomrich0 and electricity engineer, I salute. As you usual, the sketch map you posted lacked many fundamental aspects of military parlance. You did not include logistics, chain of command and intestinal fortitude to fight. If so-called COAS Ihiejirika will depend on Yoruba born GOC such as Shoboki to match from Lagos to Ilorin and Enugu, it means he is lost in history. By the way, you did not show you will account for the loyalty of brigade and battalion commanders not to mention the NCOs.

Granted there are logical model and service stubs in engineering, you failed to show how retiring and redeploying of Service Chiefs and GOCs by GEJ fit into your concept. I shall not mention Nigeria in discussion of warfare such as nuclear or chemical. Even in conventional warfare, what GEJ has done is begging for reasons other than paranoia.

If I may fellow the ridiculous perception of certain individuals on this board, GEJ has injected tribalism into the Nigerian armed forces which was one of the cardinal reasons that precipitated January 15, 1966 coup.

the bold is exactly my worries. Obj did more than this and it was not seen as a tribalistic action but as an attempt to professionalized the military. The statement of Ima Niboro that "the decision was in line with the desire of the president to properly reposition the Army in line with federal character" shouldn't have been used. He should have find a more diplomatic reason as his excuse.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by Beaf: 4:56pm On Sep 25, 2010
JTF is now under the command of someone from the ND.
Major General Omoregie is unlikely to use women and children for target practice, while going about his duties to the country and setting out assignments for his troops.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by adconline(m): 5:13pm On Sep 25, 2010
Pointblanknews.com has replaced Sahara reporters as the source for powerful breaking news since Sahara reporters started actually fabricating news items and photoshopping pictures.
Hope you would say this if it were in Yar'dua and Obj's terms? SR doesnt have to be in JEG's pocket. SR was hard on OBJ. Stella, Andy Uba,Turai, Yardua. So it's a figment of your imagination to think that GEJ should be given a free pass simply becuase it's a contention between JEG and evil (IBB). Chilax and go drink some kool-aid to kool ur temper
Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by Beaf: 5:30pm On Sep 25, 2010
adconline:

Pointblanknews.com has replaced Sahara reporters as the source for powerful breaking news since Sahara reporters started actually fabricating news items and photoshopping pictures.
Hope you would say this if it were in Yar'dua and Obj's terms? SR doesnt have to be in JEG's pocket. SR was hard on OBJ. Stella, Andy Uba,Turai, Yardua. So it's a figment of your imagination to think that GEJ should be given a free pass simply becuase it's a contention between JEG and evil (IBB). Chilax and go drink some kool-aid to kool your temper

Maybe you have a defence for this from Sahara Reporters? If you do, tell us and stop pretending to be a spiritualist that knows what I'm thinking (too many on NL these days).
Sahara Reporters is best known for fake news these days, including photoshoping pictures and posting same as news. embarassed
http://saharareporters.com/photo/photonews-jonathans-declaration-when-jonathan-women-met-goodluck-men

www.nairaland.com/attachments/324341_SaharaReportersFakePicture_jpg69a0b6e4ad1c8831fa731bd73bb022d2
Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by Babyonche(m): 5:37pm On Sep 25, 2010
, GEJ was sworn-in as president commander-in-chief of arm forces hence he is empowered by the constitution to deploy and redeploy military officer.
, as the saying goes; who ever control the military control a country or region or continent.the military has been used in past to carry out personal or group interests especially in Nigeria. eg Gowon and Ojukwu used the military to achieved their personal objectives likewise Abacha.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by henryhemon(m): 5:39pm On Sep 25, 2010
I can tell you that this is true,cuz i have an insider who has been promoted in this changes.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by Dede1(m): 5:39pm On Sep 25, 2010
OAM4J:

the bold is exactly my worries. Obj did more than this and it was not seen as a tribalistic action but as an attempt to professionalized the military. The statement of Ima Niboro that "the decision was in line with the desire of the president to properly reposition the Army in line with federal character" shouldn't have been used. He should have find a more diplomatic reason as his excuse.

Sometimes I wonder if GEJ is not the most shameless and idiotic president Nigeria ever had in years. It bemused me that GEJ’s team shall invoke the spirit of federal character when explaining the rationale behind redeploying and retiring of Service Chiefs and GOCs when he has flouted section of 7-2C of PDP’s constitution which was enshrined to encourage federal character. If GEJ is not checked, Nigeria shall witness worst despot ever walked the surface of the earth.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by Dede1(m): 5:50pm On Sep 25, 2010
The use of military to prosecute a war or stop uprising is one thing but to tweak the leadership of the armed forces of Nigeria to achieve personal and tribal ends could lead to what supporters and GEJ could not afford.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by Beaf: 5:56pm On Sep 25, 2010
Dede1:

Sometimes I wonder if GEJ is not the most shameless and idiotic president Nigeria ever had in years. It bemused me that GEJ’s team shall invoke spirit federal character in redeploying and retiring Service Chiefs and GOCs when he has flouted section of 7-2C of PDP’s constitution that was enshrined to encourage federal character. If GEJ is checked, Nigeria shall witness worst despot ever walked the surface of the earth.

There is a massive difference between the constution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and a gentle mans agreement  by a group of ex-generals willing to construct a system where they would always be in control of the country.

If anybody thinks the PDP constitution or its agreements are superior to the Nigerian one, then they must either head for the law courts or take up arms to declare PDP a republic that is independent of Nigeria.

This is what section 1 of the constitution says;

1. (1) This Constitution is supreme and its provisions shall have binding force on the authorities and persons throughout the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

(2) The Federal Republic of Nigeria shall not be governed, nor shall any persons or group of persons take control of the Government of Nigeria or any part thereof, except in accordance with the provisions of this Constitution.

(3) If any other law is inconsistent with the provisions of this Constitution, this Constitution shall prevail, and that other law shall, to the extent of the inconsistency, be void.

This section deals with who is qualified to become President (there is nothing in it that talks about PDP zoning.

131. A person shall be qualified for election to the office of the President if -
(a) he is a citizen of Nigeria by birth;
(b) he has attained the age of forty years;
(c) he is a member of a political party and is sponsored by that political party; and
(d) he has been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent.

132. (1) An election to the office of President shall be held on a date to be appointed by the Independent National Electoral Commission.

(2) An election to the said office shall be held on a date not earlier than sixty days and not later than thirty days before the expiration of the term of office of the last holder of that office.

(3) Where in an election to the office of President one of the two or more candidates nominated for the election is the only candidate after the close of nomination, by reason of the disqualification, withdrawal, incapacitation, disappearance or death of the other candidates, the Independent National Electoral Commission shall extend the time for nomination.

(4) For the purpose of an election to the office of President, the whole of the Federation shall be regarded as one constituency.

(5) Every person who is registered to vote at an election of a member of a legislative house shall be entitled to vote at an election to the office of President.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by violent(m): 6:00pm On Sep 25, 2010
Dede1:

Sometimes I wonder if GEJ is not the most shameless and idiotic president Nigeria ever had in years. It bemused me that GEJ’s team shall invoke the spirit of federal character when explaining the rationale behind redeploying and retiring of Service Chiefs and GOCs when he has flouted section of 7-2C of PDP’s constitution which was enshrined to encourage federal character. If GEJ is checked, Nigeria shall witness worst despot ever walked the surface of the earth.

What kind of persons back their arguments using a party's constitution?. . .poor me to have assumed folks here are smart and knowledgeable

Duh, he's responsible first to the Nigerian people, and binded by the Nigerian constitution, its in his duties to ensure that security systems and personnel in the country works.

Who gets redeployed or sacked in such process is inconsequential as long as the Grand commander in chief of the armed forces reiterates that such redeployment is necessary.

and hell, for fúck sakes, i say its about time those fat egg headed morons get redeployed, not especially considering the pathetic state of security in the country.

some dolt in an earlier post mentioned that GEJ is just being insecured, seriously?. . .when the dude was confirmed an acting President, a security chief mobilized a battalion, without his knowledge and you are still talking about insecurity?

common people!
Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by Onlytruth(m): 6:01pm On Sep 25, 2010
Baby onche:

, GEJ was sworn-in as president commander-in-chief of arm forces hence he is empowered by the constitution to deploy and redeploy military officer.
, as the saying goes; who ever control the military control a country or region or continent.the military has been used in past to carry out personal or group interests especially in Nigeria. eg Gowon and Ojukwu used the military to achieved their personal objectives likewise Abacha.

My friend shut up!

Who told you that Ojukwu used the military to achieve his personal objectives?
Biafra was nothing like Nigeria in those terms, so please go back to school if you don't know the facts.
Re: Jonathan Sacks Goc's, Brigade Of Guard Commanders by tomzman: 6:39pm On Sep 25, 2010
Saleh Maina has been removed.Thank God  cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Speaker Yakubu Dogara Cautions FG To Tread Softly On Saraki’s Trial / Afenifere Claims Nigeria Is Failing The Yoruba Nation / Buhari's Visit To South East Not Genuine, He Wants Cheap Votes - Agbakoba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.