Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,019 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

The Real Cause Of Chukwuemeka Akachi, UNN Student Death. *my Opinion * - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Real Cause Of Chukwuemeka Akachi, UNN Student Death. *my Opinion * (2205 Views)

Prophet Chukwuemeka "Odumeje" Ohanaemere's Wife And Children (Photos) / Prophet Chukwuemeka Ohanaemere Exchanges Blows With Member During Deliverance / Prophet Chukwuemeka Ohanaemere Deliverance In Onitsha Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Real Cause Of Chukwuemeka Akachi, UNN Student Death. *my Opinion * by Biafrareform(m): 8:28am On May 19, 2019
I spent close to kne hour on Chukwuemeka Akachi, the UNN graduate student that committed suicide by taking two bottles of sniper last night. All about him were just weird and scary. I got to a point where he wrote "Finit Hic Deo" meaning God ends here. He was an atheist and everything about him changed when he studied Gothic Literature as an English and Literal student nah.

In his suicide note, he wrote, "The said you came looking for me, I didn't drown, I was the water" was taken from Jo Nketiah timeline, a poet who actually uses that slogan to stay strong but Chukwuemeka uses it to end his life.
I read comments and posts from his friends.
You can check up Ifeanyi Nwakpoke and Neke Eze timeline.

Now, Chukwuemeka Akachi wasn't mentally unstable. He was perfectly okay and loved. No family issues. The "My mental Health has been on Life Support for a while now, and u now life support is expensive" was a metaphoric language.

Since his unfortunate demise, the social media has been abuzz with calls for people suffering depression to speak to someone and everyone ensuring to check on neighbours regularly (improved communal living). There has also been backlash on his parents and friends, plenty of it.
*DEPRESSION* Nonetheless, having scanned through his Facebook Profile, his 16 notes on how to commit suicide and reading the post by Neke Eze, a close friend who tried to talk him out of suicide, watching the video of him she posted, I agree totally with every other person that he was depressed but not just that, he was paranoid. Now my concern is, what led to his paranoia?
The young man was obviously a very brilliant fellow, judging from his writings and a chronic phlegmatic personality. I believe his course of study, English and Literary Studies exposed him to transcendental writings and his curiosity which is a characteristic of intelligent people, led him on, when his mind was still too tender to sift through such knowledge. He delved into existential questions that confounded and still confounds even renowned philosophers. The result was atheistic mindset which snuffed out the little flicker of light in him, giving room for darkness to evade the poor soul. Nothing again made meaning because all derives meaning from God. The poor soul became restless, for "Our souls are restless until they rest in God" St. Augustine of Hippo. Darkness became his friend, exploiting his phlegmatic disposition, until it completely possessed him. He believed in demons and death but not in God and life. This is evident in his writings and expressions, reflection of his subconscious. The therapists could not help him because his affliction was of the soul not body. Chukwuemeka is gone and only God knows his fate but there are still many afflicted by the spirit of atheism, many who curiously delve into knowledge that is beyond them, online and offline, thereby making their souls vulnerable to demonic infestation. There are many books, groups and websites that expose young people to esoteric spirituality, negative transcendental knowledge etc. The battle between good and evil is real. Do not allow the force of evil to control your mind. Fill your minds with light by reading spiritually edifying materials.
Parents do not just be satisfied with academic performance of your kids, be sure to sow the seed of light in them first and be ready to nurture it to maturity. Interact regularly with them on prevailing ideologies and moral issues so as to be able to guide them right. Present your children to God always and it shall be well with us.
Finally, in the event of a similar case, a wholistic approach should be adopted, ie material (medical) and spiritual. That will yield a better result *Be assured that the victory of evil over good is but temporary

Re: The Real Cause Of Chukwuemeka Akachi, UNN Student Death. *my Opinion * by MJBOLT: 8:49am On May 19, 2019
why are nigerian christians so dumb,so because he was an atheist and lacked god in his life he killed himself.what about that pastor who killed himself,what of people from other religion who do not worship your god,are you saying they will also commit suicide

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Real Cause Of Chukwuemeka Akachi, UNN Student Death. *my Opinion * by hahn(m): 8:58am On May 19, 2019
Mtcheww

Even Jesus Christ committed suicide

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Cause Of Chukwuemeka Akachi, UNN Student Death. *my Opinion * by Nobody: 9:16am On May 19, 2019
What about that rccg minister that took his life recently?
Is it also because he was atheist?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Cause Of Chukwuemeka Akachi, UNN Student Death. *my Opinion * by Bojack(m): 9:25am On May 19, 2019
hahn:
Mtcheww

Even Jesus Christ committed suicide
you are too wise
Re: The Real Cause Of Chukwuemeka Akachi, UNN Student Death. *my Opinion * by Justasiam(m): 2:20pm On May 19, 2019
Noted
Re: The Real Cause Of Chukwuemeka Akachi, UNN Student Death. *my Opinion * by janettee(f): 3:59pm On Jun 04, 2019
What a stupid post. Even christains commit suicide, rubbish undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Cause Of Chukwuemeka Akachi, UNN Student Death. *my Opinion * by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 04, 2019
Re: The Real Cause Of Chukwuemeka Akachi, UNN Student Death. *my Opinion * by CAPSLOCKED: 4:37pm On Jun 04, 2019
MJBOLT:
why are nigerian christians so dumb,so because he was an atheist and lacked god in his life he killed himself.what about that pastor who killed himself,what of people from other religion who do not worship your god,are you saying they will also commit suicide

WHEN A GAY CLUB GOES DOWN, THE CLOWNS CALLED CHRISTIANS JUBILATE OVER THEIR GOD'S VICTORY AGAINST SATAN... AND SAY THE GAY VICTIMS DESERVE IT.
THEY FORGET TERRIBLE THINGS HAPPEN TO EVERYBODY.

WHEN TRAGEDY BEFALLS CHRISTIANS THEY HIDE THEIR FACES. THEY CLAIM IT'S GOD'S WILL FOR THE GOOD OF MAN.

WALLOWING IN THEIR OWN FOOLERY IS HOW THEY LIVE.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Where Noah's Ark Was Found / Is It Proper To Give Testimony In Church On Barca Winning The Champions League? / I Have A Very Big God O Who Is Always By My Side

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.